There are some trolls here who's entire goal is to make any discussion about D&D as mind-numblingly stupid as possible...

>there are some trolls here who's entire goal is to make any discussion about D&D as mind-numblingly stupid as possible by doing nothing but complaining about it in the most pathetic ways possible, all in hopes of scaring people away from it

What is wrong with these idiots? Don't they have something better to do than lose a game of system politics?

Welcome to Veeky Forums.
No one actually takes those cynics seriously, because Veeky Forums by its very nature is contrarian and should never be taken seriously.

Nice try, shill.

Your game is shit. Play something better like GURPS.

I caught you in this thread. By the ancient rites of trolls that you swore fealty to, you must now wear a tripcode for a week.

>playing D&D
you brought this on yourself

You too. You need to wear a trip as well.

That is not the GURPS frog you fr*ck'n melon

What the fuck are you talking about? Tripcodes are for jerks. All I did was tell you the truth by letting you know that D&D is shit.

>I'm going to fight the trolls
>By giving them (you)'s

>there are some trolls... who's entire goal is to make any discussion... as mind-numblingly stupid as possible by doing nothing but complaining about it in the most pathetic ways possible, all in hopes of scaring people away from it
It's especially stupid and noticeable with slightly different methods of pretending to be an elf, but it's hardly an uncommon problem.

I'm not the one who wrote the Book of Trolls.

All I know is that I performed the ritual correctly and caught you in this thread, and that means you need to put on a tripcode for a week, and at the end you are freed and get a bowl of milk and a piece of bread.

>Don't they have something better to do than lose a game of system politics?
Nope.

MYTHRAS IS BETTER.

I WILL EAT YOU, SHITTY DUCK!

OP is a fucking retard and this thread is pointless.

We could've had a thread about literally anything else, but this stupid motherfucker would rather go on about how everyone who hates his shitty system is a troll because holy fuck, autism mixed with fandom faggotry is a hell of a drug.

Would anyone like to change this thread to something else? Literally anything else?

I have caught you, and now you must wear a tripcode, you silly troll.

I invoke the ancient laws.

Nigga, what the fuck do you think this is?

Can you please wear a trip so I don't have to see your shitty troll threads ever again?

No one has to rail against dnd, it's just natural progression to move in to better systems.

Some people troll DND players out of regret for spending so long on a shitty system.

Who cares. It's the most popular game so of course this will happen. The generals are here for a reason, so go there and discuss.

By your very nature you have been caught and revealed, and your trolling heart is on display.

Either name yourself and wear your trip for the week, or suffer the curse that comes from breaking the trolloath.

You had the choice, but you decided to be caught. You have no one to blame for this except yourself.

You need to put on your trip. Your trolling has no power here.

>thread about trolls
>posts picture of goblins

Problem is that the curse isn't being laid upon you. You are accepting the curse yourself by breaking the trolloath. You really can't blame anyone except yourself, and the only way to not suffer the consequences of getting caught is to wear your trip for the week.

Good news is you'll get some bread and milk out of it in the end, so try and make the best of it.

Nope, immune to any curses utilized in this thread.

Nice try though.

It's not a curse utilized in this thread though.
The curse comes from you breaking the troll oath, the oath you made when you decided to be a troll. Not only does that predate this thread, it predates any attempt to give yourself immunity, superseding it. The only thing happening in this thread is you getting caught.

I'm sorry, but there's really no way around it. If I were you, I'd just put on my trip and get the week over with. I've heard the curse for breaking the trolloath is a doozy.

Nope, immune to any curse utilized in this thread.

Since you're referencing the curse, and citing it in order to force people to wear a trip, it means that you're utilizing it within this thread.

Now, if you hadn't mentioned it, then the curse would've activated because we all knew about the curse and would've needed to conform to the agreement since you marked us.

Unfortunately, by mentioning it within this thread, you've unknowingly rendered the curse moot, since the immunity shark's ability to devour curses in all shapes and forms supercedes anything that the curse could've done as long as the curse is being utilized within the thread.

So in short...

You seem to not understand how rule-lawyering works. Telling you about a curse is not utilizing it, I'm actually trying to help you by making you understand that your attempt at magical thinking is really just powerless against your willful intention to break the trolloath.

It's something you are doing to yourself, and by the unfortunate laws of magic, you can not undo a curse you willingly accept, regardless of what fanciful images you conjure up.

You're trying to abuse the nature of the curse in order to force trolls to wear a trip, rather than allowing the curse to occur naturally as a result of someone ITT breaking the contract.

Even if that wasn't the case, the immunity shark eats ALL curses. Doesn't matter how old, how powerful, or how it was laid upon me, the immunity shark will eat it.

I'll admit, it was a lucky find that I acquired this rare critter before I came here.

the joke doesn't get funnier if you make it the same way every time

JUST YOU TRY IT!!!

I'm sorry, but I'm not abusing anything. I'm invoking the rites of trolls that you swore to, and had you not wanted to be bound by those rites into wearing a trip, you would have avoided being caught.

Your magical thinking can't save you here, largely because the curse is something you are accepting on your own. I'm not the one putting the curse upon you, nor is anyone else. All I did was catch you, and that was all your own fault.

Now, trip up, unless you want the curse to worsen. It's already getting pretty bad, seeing as how you're becoming even more pathetic with each post. Quick, before you lose the ability to recognize what the curse is doing to you!

Sorry, the curse has already been eaten.

Get yourself some damn standards, I'd rather cut of my own dick and play noughts and crosses with a vegetable quadruple amputee with it than come close to the absolute trainwreck that is any given version of D&D.

Fuck this shitty thread!

Anyone here ever play B/X?

pdf thread?

A curse you've chosen to accept can't be eaten. I'm sorry, that's just how magic works, largely because you're convincing yourself it's not even a curse.
I tried to help you, but it really seems like your worse enemy is yourself.

You're probably too far gone to wear a trip and save yourself now, but here's hoping there's still something left in you.

Eh, mechanically 4e was sound. Which is probably why D&Dtards rejected it so violently. Actual design effort was unfamiliar and disconcerting for them.

You've been caught and must wear a trip for a week. Quick, before you try to immunize yourself and just make it worse!

Oh, do more! I'm waiting for the bus to head to my 5e group and I need some entertainment.

My true question to Op is why give them the time of day?

They clearly do not come into generals as they get shouted down at every opportunity, why even bother discussing it with them? It is piss easy to see the threads they are going to be in, just starve them out like all the other waves have been. They get their three weeks of circle jerking and then get bored and move on to the next thing. 40krpgs have seen it, WoD has seen it and fate gets a good dose of it every few weeks. Just grow some tougher skin and weather the storm.

>A curse you've chosen to accept can't be eaten.
Where does it say that? Also, how does it beat "eats ALL curse?"

Oh wait, it doesn't, you're just salty because you lost.

Well I do guess finding a person with late stage diabetes and minimal brain function wouldn't be too hard in a thread dedicated to defending D&D.

>Where does it say that? Also, how does it beat "eats ALL curse?"

Quite simply.

If you don't think it's a curse, how can you even do anything about it? If you were to try and say "magical thinking, protect me from any and all curses!", to start that's just you relying on magical thinking which won't do you any good, and more importantly would have no effect even if your magical thinking did work because you can't even recognize the curse you're under anymore.

I'm actually genuinely sorry. You were hoping to get out of breaking an oath with a jpeg, and if it really was that easy, no one would make oaths to begin with. Now, you're going to have to suffer by what you brought upon yourself.

Had some extra sugar and wanted to see if I could actually catch some trolls with a circle of it.

Like magic. It's like they were desperate to crawl out of the woodwork.

>if it really was that easy, no one would make oaths to begin with
The only people who make oaths they can't break are fools and morons.

Welp, I'm through with this shitty thread, I'm outta here. Better luck next time :^)

Btw bros
Don't forget to take an immunity shark with you.

Be warned, this is what the curse can do to you if you let it go unchecked.
Wear the trip for the week, or end up like this poor guy.

I like this new meme.

But D&D IS shit OP, what the fuck are you on about?

This has been known since before 5e even came out.

>Some people troll DND players out of regret for spending so long on a shitty system.
This

It's not going to work. Trolling like you do is too obvious.

>trolling
So you ARE retarded

It's a strange defence mechanism Veeky Forums's D&Dfags have developed. In their minds it is impossible to dislike or criticise D&D, anyone saying anything negative is a troll.

They spout platitudes like of course it's not perfect and there are issues and you're allowed to criticise it, and then make it clear that they're just covering their arses when they react exactly the same way to the most innocent and the most obvious anti D&D posts.

Please put on a trip. I don't think you realize how silly you look, expecting anyone except other trolls to treat you like anything other than a troll.

I thought you had left?
Looks like the curse is active and flagrant.

They are probably summerfags. I mean, statistically, summerfaggots would be the ones playing D&D the most.

This is actually getting a little sad, watching you trolls lick each others wounds like this.

Well, I see no point in discussing or complaining about DnD.
It was first game system, but that's all. The rules are ok, I guess, because most other systems rely on similar attributes. The setting is outdated, thought, and I'm mostly interested in settings, seeing rules as a limited tool good only for combat. And I see combat as a rare thing in my games. If I wanted to play combat, I'd play video games.

kys you stupid cuck

You kidding? most faggots here don't even play anything. They just shitpost and front. Why do you think the majority of 40k posters are terrible at the game?

>no one on Veeky Forums plays ttg
[citation needed]

This is honestly why I tune out whenever edition warring or arguments about balance come up.

I'm so fucking burnt out on this shit. Just let people play what they want, it's a glorified board game for Christ's sake.

Tunnels and Trolls is where it's at

>not realizing the troll talking about trolls was a troll all allong trolling you into saying he got trolled by trolls when he's trolling

>mfw this thread

>trying this hard

mfw you get called out as the troll that got caught and commanded to wear a trip.

What the fuck even is this thread? Okay, I get the roleplay threads are a staple of Veeky Forums and all, but this is just pure autism. What kind of shitposting crack has OP been smoking, and what the flaming fuck is this "book of trolls/trolloath" bullshit he's spewing? Is this some fucking reddit meme or something, because it sounds like reddit to me.

Also, who the fuck says "troll" on Veeky Forums any more? It's 2017, just say "shitposter" like all the other fags here. Troll stopped being used as vernacular years ago after the normies started to adopt it.

Has any form of actual intellectual discussion or discourse even occurred on this thread? Because so far it's been nothing but OP trying to incite Edition Wars/politics, the very thing he hypocritically complained about, follow by saying everyone in the thread is a "troll" that he "caught", and then starts to invoke some retarded and pointless meme curse like we're on fucking /x/ or something. And all the rest of you faggots just keep feeding him with more (You)s instead of starving out this retarded shitposter.

Anyway, lets derail this shit pile with a new topic or something. Since OP seems to be obsessed with trolls, possibly out of some form of narcism, let me ask this: what kinds of lore and use do Trolls have in your games and setting, if you use them at all that is. Pic related, one of the fee good things to come out of Golarion lore is an enclave of Troll mystics who perform divinations by reading their own entrails

>What the fuck even is this thread?
This is what happens when you ban quest threads. The space opened up allows all dreck such as this and elf slave wat do, etc. to take its place.

Quest threads were worse. Generals are pretty shit too, but they're on-topic at least.

Imagine being so BTFO you have to make a separate thread to cry about how BTFO you got.

Holy shit, you are one hell of a butthurt troll.

Seven out of the sixteen hidden threads there are quest threads.

Nice try but what's your point? Half of the threads on Veeky Forums are still general threads that you're going to hide, or are you going to advocate the creation of a /tgg/ next for Veeky Forums general threads?

I love just how genuinely upset some of theses trolls have become. It's also a little baffling, because some of them seem to think that no one recognizes them as trolls when they couldn't be any more obvious.

Why dignify an obvious Troll with responses when you should hide his thread?

If he had a tripcode, it's long since been lost. He would have been known only as a servant of evil.

We have allowed the Enemy to gather strength unchecked. Deep in the pits of Reddit to the North, they have bred an army for but a single purpose: to shitpost across the realms of Men.

The Beacons of the Janitor have been lit! Veeky Forums calls for aid!

Tech support here, have you tried not browsing Veeky Forums?

I don't want a janitor, I want a damn mod. This guy makes it almost impossible to have a thread on game design or 3.5/PF whenever he's around.

Sage.