Jumpchain CYOA Thread #1627: Give Heart Back To Jumpchain Edition

>Google Drive
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0

>JumpChain IRC Chat
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn
>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=i1YcJkYBAxQ
archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/51491202/#51494498
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Heart's the worst power and you know it.

Heart's the best power and I'll make you know it.

I also hate heart, it does nothing.

>We must secure the existence of our people and a future for Veeky Forums jumpmakers.

Discuss.

It gives me an erection, that isn't nothing

So I now have:

56 JoJo Stands
56 /co/co/ Stands
and
56 Jorge Stands

to flesh out for Companions.

KILL ME.

>passive Skills or Overskills
Are you serious? Overskill is literally a perk. Its where you use a skill and warp it i to something else with logic. Buy the perk and go nuts.

Asking again, where could I become a living storm?

t. Val

>KILL ME.
No, it is too good for you, I will let you suffer.

FR.

No. When your pastebin is ashes, then you will have my permission to die.

Get rid of Red and you'll secure that future.

Do not call it a grave. Tthis is the future you chose.

Oh for the love of god why do you not fucking kill yourself?

So a little while ago I accidentally claimed something without my name on. But hey, here it is anyway.

Wolfenstein baby, time to murder some fucking Nazis.

the timing on that could not have been any more perfect holy shit

Okay, so, new jumpmaker here. ...and it probably shows.

I've made a jump for you guys based on a kinda obscure manga/anime series. It's been lying around on my HD for months, and I finally got around to finishing up the first draft. I hope it's not too awful. Please review.

I guess this is the only kind of post where I should be namefagging, correct?

It could have. If I had this done earlier today, I coulda posted it during that dumb /pol/ talk

>implying the AIs can self-terminate

>time to murder some fucking Nazis
Ironic that you, of all people, would say that.

Here's a question for the writers among us.

What do you do when there is a setting you love to visit and write about, but it is more escalation than you think you should inject into your chain at a time? Do you hold off until later? Do you Jump it anyways? Do you limit what choices you take to keep yourself lower power?

What got me thinking about this was my newest chain is only a few Jumps old. So pretty early, but I would love to visit Soul Eater. Except that seems like a lot of power to shove in at the 6 Jump mark. So I was curious about the rest of you.

damn you're right. Oh well, always a good time to kill nazis.

Yeah there's just no point in new jumpmakers trying to come on board. They'll be outdone every step of the way.

Better luck next time. You're better off posting next thread, you fell in immediately after Valeria.

This new form of shitposting is so transparent from the start.

>you seem to make nearly no noise no matter what you’re wearing
What would it take to reliably hear what "little noise" you're making?

A pretty keen guard dog alerted that there might be danger.

>implying you aren't shitposting in any respect.

That kind of attitude will murder this thread, and considering how every time someone posts the "we get one metathread" thread the first thing they vote for is booting us? We don't need any internal help.

So what is Ueki's law?

I really want those scientist perks.... But I'm not too keen on the other half of that origin. Damn you and your moral dilemmas Val!!

Not really shitposting when it's truthful. Why do you think we're trying to get Val to do Black Crusade?

It's the only reasonable way the RPG will have a jump, and it gets rid of a drama monger at the same time.

It's the shitposter masturbating to a fantasy, user.

To be fair, you can always go good despite your Origin.

>metathreads

You mean collective circle-jerking fests?

>Talent of Blank
Fuck off.

Noice.

Which is precisely what they call us.

>but it's true!

That's what the said about the old E.T. game being good, and we all know how that went.

>Talent of Blank
Yeah, this is setting off alarm bells. Giving CP-bought stuff from other jumps is a pretty big no-no, so I think this should at least be limited to stuff that you could theoretically already do. Like, just becoming supernaturally good at a mundane skill, or become great at magic that you've already purchased.

>Which is precisely what they call us.

And would they be fucking wrong?

Capitan (?) Nazi seems better than Action Man from the proceeding origin desu. Should probably adjust one or the other.

This just is way too meta and has way too much to deal with CP and jumpchain related stuff directly. Law of Blank is just insulting to other makers. You've got a fair bit of cool stuff here but you need to go over and rewrite the meta stuff and remove Law of Blank.

What said. The race option is pretty open ended. If you wanted to be a "Storm" Elemental the easiest way would be to pick the Air Elemental Race and choose just how "big" you want to be. Since the race option is 100CP X Challenge Rating it ends up being 500 CP for a "Large Version", 700CP for a "Huge Version", 900CP for a Greater, and 1100CP for a Elder which is the strongest. That last three are still only "Huge", but they escalate in power.

There are also several options to add lightning and the like of course. Infamous is one of the easier ones, but anything that deals with picking elemental damage will do.

Age of Mythology has it so you can make it rain at any point.

So There you go! You are now a living storm.

I'm..not sure how you really compare the two? One is making you a bulky German Captain America with less speed and the other is making you something like a Main Character in terms of being involved with and getting the chance to influence all the important stuff in a story.

Could you detail how you see one as being better then the other?

>That kind of attitude will murder this thread

So will cliques and favoritism.

Talent of Blank: (???CP - Must take The Law of Drawbacks) This wooden talisman is
good for one Talent, any Talent, chosen by writing the name of the desired Talent on the
attached label. Redeeming the talisman in this way allows the writer to obtain one of the
following:
⦁ Any Talent, which is supercharged. Anything from supernal, otherworldly skill in a single
field to something like 100x absolute species peak in an attribute or ability.

200CP worth of Body Mod upgrades.
⦁ Any single 600-or-less CP (before Discounts) skill, perk, or ability from the Jumper's
current jump as a freebie. Not usable for most gear, race, or companion options.
Unlike most CP-bought items, the Talent of Blank is a single-use only, and does not
respawn if used up. During the chain, the Talent of Blank cannot be duplicated, cloned, or
otherwise abused to obtain multiple activations, but post-chain this restriction is lifted.

Are you serious?

Oh, wait, my bad, completely missed you were referring to Action Man and not Soldiers 400. Oops.

Anyway, that 400 is the cap because it scales to whatever your existing toughness is. However tough you are, the perk applies it's effects to that

He says, his own behavior being what turned people against his views in the first place and ensuring he'll never get what he wants.

What the fuck am I reading? I thought this series was about a tournament among kids with specific, but mostly silly, abilities learning to use them in new and interesting ways. The escalation here is SO DAMNED STRONG HERE IT'S A TANGIBLE FORCE!

That Talent of Blank needs to just go. That's just ridiculous. You can't give CP to other Jumps. That's the first thing all potential Jumpmakers should learn. Secondly, that Item section needs so much work. 2 50 CP items and 1 500 CP item? You have to know this is wrong.

Your Perks and Drawbacks are all over the place and wandering into other sections. You've got the JP section in the beginning instead of anywhere near the Drawback it would be relevant to, and that Absorption 1000 CP Perk is making me go cross-eyed at the amount of unmitigated power it's handing out.

Don't get me wrong, I love the fact you're doing The Law as a Jump. It's a fun little series, but you've got a lot of problems in your Jump. Not the least of which is the fact that Drop-Ins are the only ones to get a 100 CP perk and I KNOW for a fact you could come up with more than three Origins for this series.

Go away Red.

That 600.

Good god I am all over the place today.

Ooh, Law of Ueki. I remember this series, it was weird. Fun, but weird. I'm going to read this jump, and hopefully it will be a good one.

I told you. Every time I start Master of Magic, these things show up.

Oh right. Also, The New Colossus will either be it's own thing I do or I'll add it to this one, depending on the timeframe and new content we're looking at.

Sound fair?

Whatever you say.

It's not like the majority will disagree with it.

In Nanoha, everyone has a magic color that affects their spells when they use it - it's apparently partially hereditary, if the Kaiserfabe is anything to tell by.

With that in mind, what color is your magic?

I tend to go full special snowflake right out of the gate and make zero effort to restrain escalation. It's just not fun and ends up causing more frustration than it's worth. Instead I draw inspiration from series like One-Punch Man and Overlord to effectively maintain an interesting flow of events without any actual danger being present. There are many more ways to write an interesting character-driven narrative without having to resort to shoehorning in drama or dramatic fight sequences. As a direct result of this a significant portion of my writing tends to be focused around other characters observing and responding to my jumper's shenanigans. This enables interesting developments and narrative drama or even the occasional long fight sequence without completely breaking the suspension of disbelief or reducing the fight to "And then Jumper crushed them with his infinite power."

It's not like anyone has the balls to do it. Even Red left and gave her control of the IRC rather than make a fuss.

Black.

LIKE MY LONG, BLACK HAIR

Val, I'm...worried.

Always good to see a new jumpmaker. Just remember that jumps should, as a principle, be as self-contained as possible.
I'd also split Items and Companions into different sections.

Kaiserfarbe.

Worried?

I really don't think that note in Absorption about it letting you agree in a canon companion's place should be there.

Belief In Justice should just say "your willpower provides an equivalent...". No need to get meta.

>the entire Power-User perk tree
>the entire Celestial perk tree
This is some cool shit.

>The Talent of Blank
no

Sounds good to me.

I opted for dark purple, due simply to the fact that I also took Blood of Kings: Darkness.

Is "the method you get here only works in settings where it already exists" a good way to handle settings with time travel?

No.

Fuck you.

Yes.

Love you.

Is it wrong that I want to take Ultimate Life Form in Jorge just so I can laugh at the Nazi's claims of being the Master Race? Rubbing it in their faces just how much more awesome I am?

Maybe

Hello.

If you want to pull a Part 2 Cars, go right for it.

I think I am going to go through and get all the blue magic from the various final fantasies, what wkuld be some cool abilities and attacks to steal from monsters/critters/people across jumpchain?

Ultimate Lifeform versus Darkseid, how much do I win

>Ultimate Lifeform

Why is waifu darkseid fighting normal darkseid?

Where are the top tier waifus

Yes.

Steal a human's ability to love.

Huh. Now that's an interesting idea I hadn't considered. Shifting the viewpoint away from the Jumper to those around him/her.

I think I might try that.

There's no good way to do it. So pick a method that you think makes sense and stick to it.

Would that give me the ability to feel something besides emptiness?

Val, Nubee, Heavens, Red, Worm, Yoro... wait, did you mean in jump settings themselves?

Sure, as long as you're in your limit break.

Should I go Enchanter in Generic Dungeon Crawl even though I took Weird? I don't really feel like summoning is that useful in the short term or the long term, but Weird is too good to pass up.

>People excited about Ultimate Lifeform
Reminder that, in canon, he was defeated by using luck and something that the Jojo jump gives drop-ins for free.
youtube.com/watch?v=i1YcJkYBAxQ

Cleverness is always the greatest power.

>Red
HA. The dumb cunt's gone and I'm glad she's gone. It means competent jumpmakers like Val can do stuff without getting shat on so much, she's given us multiple jumps over this week alone. Notice how much she gets done without Red being bitchy in the IRC?

Speaking of, reminder that she's given permission for anyone to redo her jumps, and that we should be encouraging Valeria to give us worthwhile jumps of those settings. archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/51491202/#51494498

>Belief in Justice
Should be based on willpower, not just willpower perks.

>Level 2
Needs examples

>Additional Power 200CP
>Limiting Condition +200/400CP
Is there any reason I wouldn't take both of these? Taking both pays for itself, giving me a second power for free. Or I could take the +400 version, apply it to the Additional Power, and get a free +200 CP for taking an ability I wouldn't have gotten otherwise.

>Namihana
>1600CP to summon a magic whip.
Don't do this thing where you have to purchase each earlier perk to get the next perk in the background. Give Celestial a normal set of perk lines like Drop In has or something. Anything but this.

>Talent of Blank
Don't offer CP in other jumps.

>... you're pretty much guaranteed to choose to Stay...
Don't do this outside of Drawbacks. I made the deal to go dimension hopping once without having done it before, I could make the same choice again.

Uh, JJBA Kars is on an entirely different level than Jorge Joestar Cars. Like, there's no point in even comparing them.

I really will continue asking which IRC name you are.

They really, REALLY need a ban on your ass.

Last call for issues and add ons.

You're not needed.

Your senpai's doing a better job and can probably fix any issues your jump has.

Take a rest. You're done.

I finally made a list.
>Of waifus.
Eh, I knew those Harem perks would come back to bite me eventually. Might as well embrace it.

>He can't beat the ultimate life form using only free perks
Look at him, look at him and laugh.

>Last call
No. Fuck off with this absurd arrogance. The thread does not capitulate to shitposters. It's done when we say it's done.

No drop in option?

Trust me.

You'll want to be off the list after enough time passes.
It's not worth it.

So what happens if I introduce spice melange to this desert?

But imma cry anyway.

Don't read in to it so much you flaming faggot.

Oh, I always forget that. Any of em can be drop in, just take it as having the skills of the background without the history. I'll add it in.