So how many of the newcrons are against chaos...

So how many of the newcrons are against chaos, and will they end up joining the budding Imperium/Eldar alliance for the best possible chance?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ykwqXuMPsoc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Well, there's the Necrons who teamed up with the Blood Angels to fight Tyrannids...

Lots and yes.

I thought we agreed never to talk about that.

They tried to team up with the eldar to fight daemons, but the faggots attacked them instead so that window closed up really quick

Read "word of the Silent King" the BA got used by the Necrons and Dante was so assblasted that they put that alliance story in place of what really happened to avoid the shame. The only thing worse than teaming up with xenos is getting played by xenos

Was that before the Horus heresy?

Hi there newfag, welcome to Veeky Forums

A good perspective on how someone rational in the Imperium actually came out of Dante's book.

Basically he recognizes that they have common enemies, but is fully aware that they're fairweather allies at best, and will turn on them at the earliest opportunity.

The Necrons mean to rule the galaxy, not share it.

They might just go ahead and try to deal with chaos themselves. Eldar alliances is difficult, they aren't exactly on good terms.
If some part of either faction had the low chance of wanting to ally, then it is still a far ways off that they would meet with any of the other faction who felt the same.

>When the Captcha asks to confirm that I am not a robot and I just don't know what to do.

I had this idea that Trazyn joins an alliance with the Imperium (Imotekh has too much pride to do it) and helps Cawl resurrect the Emperor. Basically a Necron pylon is installed next to the golden throne to close the webway portal, allowing the Emperor's energy to be redirected towards regeneration. Trazyn has specific demands to be met, the biggest being Guilliman has to turn his back on the Ynnari alliance. In those circumstances what does Veeky Forums think Big G would do? Go traitor?

Trazyn is way too much of a dick to do it, I think Anrakyr would be a much better fit.

Not that user, but Trazyn being a dick is the exact reason that he would res. the Emperor and fuck over an alliance. In that capacity, it might even prevent more alliances via Rogue Traders as the Emperor delivers a direct edict of alliance and discontent with certain races. Then, when the alliance is set and Humanity joins with the Necrontir, the pylon pulses as a nul device and cripples the Emperor, again, and the Necrontir forces are strategically placed.

Anrakyr doesn't do... anything. But be depressed that the Necrontir aren't unified. He won't look at the big picture and do something about it.

I am convinced the Arc of the Covenant is in that deal towards Trazyn.

>a Necron pylon is installed next to the golden throne
And the astronomicon immediately goes dark until the Pylon is turned off. Billions of astropaths and navigators are driven mad by the loss of their constant humming companion and sole source of comfort in an otherwise terrifying warp. Even if they turn it back on immediately, realizing their folley, the number of logistically necessary psykers who have been either killed, driven mad, or driven to chaos-corruption, causes a logistical nightmare for the administratum, causing more worlds to fall from the Emperor's grace than any measly black crusade ever could.

Abbadon sheds a tear, knowing he will never deal such a telling blow against the false god emperor, and he opens a letter from Trazyn

>U Mad Bro? Lern2Troll T3h imperium bettr

Abbadon cries himself to orgasm as he faps to the robo-dick-pic Trazyn sent him in the letter, and silently waits to become a chaos-spawn.

An active pylons doesn't drive psykers mad. It straight out kills them. It sniffs their warp touched souls.

Anyways, already half of the Imperium has been cut off from the Light of Terra. The entire northern half. They are doing okay.

The pylon wouldn't drive the psykers mad in that scenario... the lack of an Astronomicon did. The Imperium is heavily dependent on a astropaths and navigators to function, and all of them rely entirely on the astronomicon to do their job. To them, the astronomicon is the constant point of order, sensibility, and comfort, that's constantly been humming calmly to them since they were children, in a world where it's literally their job to thrust their minds into a maddening hellscape to aid the survival of humanity.

TLDR: in that scenario, it wasn't the pylon itself that fucked the imperium, it's the turning off of the Astronomicon. You can't turn off the astronomicon. That's like "why the imperium has let itself become so fucked up 101.l"

>Anyways, already half of the Imperium has been cut off from the Light of Terra. The entire northern half. They are doing okay.
There's a difference between a dim/veiled astronomicon making navigation hard, and no astronomicon at all, which makes long-range stellar travel basically impossible.

>But user, how come other factions don't suffer this glaring weakness? If the other factions don't rely on the astronomicon then why do the humans?

Well, each other faction has a McGuffin.

Eldar have the Webway

Newcrons also use the webway

Oldcrons had true FTL that doesn't use the warp

Orks have Old-One-Tier warp-travel technology hard-wired into their heads, but they don't know how or why it works, just that it does. Even then, it seems to only be able to go to inhabitable worlds.

Kroot ate an Ork mekboy, and so have the same deal as above

The Tau use warp-skimmers that are WAAAAAY slower, and only logistically viable in the cluster of stars they live and started in.

Chaos marines have their sorcerers summon what essentially amounts to Daemon-Sherpa-Guides

Nobody is QUITE sure what is going on with the Tyranids, but their fleets seem have an effect on the warp that makes it more orderly and easier to navigate... it just also cuts it off from parts of the warp not within their shadow.

I'm fairly certain that covers every faction.

>There's a difference between a dim/veiled astronomicon making navigation hard, and no astronomicon at all, which makes long-range stellar travel basically impossible.

Let me repeat myself. Everything in the northern half of the galaxy is cut off from Terra's Light. The Light cannot pass through the Great Rift. It's called the Dark Imperium for a reason.

>Orks have Old-One-Tier warp-travel technology hard-wired into their heads, but they don't know how or why it works, just that it does. Even then, it seems to only be able to go to inhabitable worlds.

No, they don't.

According to their codex, Orks never mastered Warp travel. Most of the time, they use Weirdboyz to open warprifts to transport them from random place to another. Or they can just steal Imperial Warp engines.

>Nobody is QUITE sure what is going on with the Tyranids

Narwhals

Anrakyr I think may not be able to since he gave up contol of his Tombworld and has to take resources from worlds he liberates.
He could try that as the ultimate double cross and loot the Emperor's body while he's at it
A good point hilariously made. Trazyn could stabilize the webway tear with a dolmen gate instead, since the the Emperor still would want webway access.

>Narwhals
youtube.com/watch?v=ykwqXuMPsoc

Narwhals remind me of the Yuuzhan Vong's dovin basals that basically use tractor beams to move around. Interesting concept to say the least. As for the Orks a faulty gellar field and/or warpdrive gives them daemons to krump so it's sort of a plus in their eyes.

I think newcrons should've kept true FTL it really cemented their tech superiority.

They still have FTL. They definitely have it in shields of Baal.

I just assumed the Necrons saw Chaos as anathema and it needed to be stopped,

>This Galaxy... is ours! (or words to that effect)

Like in the Gathering Storm books, Chaos and Eldar woke up a Tomb World while fighting, and the Necrons just utterly ignored the Eldar and began blasting chaos, that is until smarty pants Autarch cried aloud

>Quick, shoot our saviours in the back

At which point half the Necrons turned on their heel and started vaporising Eldar, soulstones and all

hurr

So both dolmen gates and FTL engines?

The dole gates were all about solidifying that the eldar cant hide from them, not the travel utility, that's just an added bonus

>Eldar ruin everything again because their motives are retarded, and their actions more so.

I'm starting to think the Korks were the ones who won the war not the Eldar.

All of them.

At least one.

Do the Necrons really need to join them? I may be going off of old lore, but I can't really think of any weaknesses the Necrons have. They seem to be the only perhaps truly invincible faction.

They don't even have a Nagash like the Tomb Kangz.

Necrons have the webway and FTL

This is why I tell it as "they came out on top" nobody really won

Of course they won, it's the 41st Millenium and there is only WAAAGH!

You need to kill all the Orks.

No, they don't. Their engines are near-light speed. Not FTL.

Necrons and Nids weren't around then so... no

>Nobody is QUITE sure what is going on with the Tyranids
In like 5th edition I think? They used Narvals, which use the gravity of stars to open wormholes to travel just outside a star system, then spend a few weeks drifting towards the planets

God damn he was such a cool character

>et me repeat myself. Everything in the northern half of the galaxy is cut off from Terra's Light. The Light cannot pass through the Great Rift. It's called the Dark Imperium for a reason.
Citation needed, and if it turns out you are right, then it's another example of bad writing that negates everything that came before it. If the astronomicon is dimmed/veiled/hard-to-find, that's one thing. If the astronomicon is completely cut off, every planet has lost all ability for stellar travel and communication, is 100% on its own, and has absolutely NO way of integrating or trading with any other planet in any way whatsoever. Most of them will die, and the majority of them will fall to chaos within a year. Anything else basically farts in the face of the entire justification for the imperium becoming.... the imperium.

Just because it's not there, doesn't mean the warp routes that's been mapped out by the Navigator clans magically disappear either, it just makes it insanely more dangerous and difficult to travel.

>Dark Imperium
Hi. This is you being wrong. It specifically says "obscured" which implies some but extremely limited visibility. SImilarly, even with that, it says that "travel within the dark imperium is all but impossible."

>Just because it's not there, doesn't mean the warp routes that's been mapped out by the Navigator clans magically disappear either
Yes it literally does, because it's called "the warp" not "hyperspace." It is constantly changing.

See

This basically imagine if every time you want sailing the starting direction randomly changed and suddenly your compass goes out and you have no landmarks.

Wait til the Silent King gets back.