My first mini ever painted! Incase it's hard to tell from the lack of good artistic skills it's an iron warrior...

My first mini ever painted! Incase it's hard to tell from the lack of good artistic skills it's an iron warrior. I just started a few days ago so first painted thread.

Blurry pic but looks good overall.

First for first times

It was more fun to paint and assemble them than I thought it was going to be. Sorry for first pic.

Nice using the transitions (or whatever the fuck they call their logo things). Those were too scary for me to try my first time.

Also it's awesome you put in your own details with those leg stripes.

Thank you, that means a lot to me. I didn't think it would be so much fun. Its like a labor of love, I'm gonna keep my first minis so I can see the drastic difference from when I started.

Thin your paints. Use smaller brushes for the smaller areas. Try to paint inside the lines.

Oh yeah definitely, I need to thin them a lot more. Believe it or not I tried really hard to paint inside the lines. My next csm hopefully will come out a lot better than my first!

Watch duncan's videos on youtube- they'll really help!

Yeah, believe it or not I watched apathetic fish lol.

I pity the man whose first model was worse than mine.

Thin your pa-WAIT, KILL IT WITH FIRE

Can you show me some recent models? I'd love to see your progress!

That was ten years ago when I knew nothing about painting using a ruined old brush and a GW starter paint set.

I recently started again, here is my first attempt.

It really is fun, keep at it.

Thats awesome man!

Thanks, I plan to do some Iron Warriors myself.

40k is full of too much bullshit for me these days, I am going to do an IW fleet for BFG to play with some friends.

Whats BFG?

The Big Friendly Giant, google it

Battlefleet Gothic.

>40k is full of too much bullshit for me these days
40k was always bullshit. Fun bullshit.

My first

>a thread died for this

Just post your minis in /wip/.

Hey, what do you know, I too am returning after a looong (8 year) break. Used to be really exceptionaly awful, but I think this came out well.

>Incase it's hard to tell from the lack of good artistic skills
Lack of artistic skills is not the reason I can't see anything in that picture.

holy fuck Veeky Forums when I posted my first mini you ate me alive and I didn't even make a thread and it wasn't some speckled warp garble picture of a model like this. You've changed

I think that might just be /wip/. As valuble as their advice is they can be brutal with scrubs.

I admire your bravery in attempting the cation lines on the legs and the symbol on the shoulder pad your first time around. I've seen people paint less on their first model and call it done.

*caution lines

First model thread!

circa 2005

Real nice. Fucking dust always sticking to the paint