Let's make some primarchs

Burden again, bored at work again, so I was wanting to see if Veeky Forums would be interested in making some primarchs. This could be for an AU, or just for fun.

Mostly in a 40k mood after the surprising success my "Let's make an Inquisitor " thread went.

suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive/54439563/

So yeah, anyone interested? Is this allowed here or would I perhaps need to go else where?

Well we have the two purged missing primarchs so lets start there, maybe someone can make a table for their post heresy allegiance

So we're gonna make two primarchs that could fit in the place of the unknown two?

Yeah the second and nineteenth,when I got into 40k my friends told me the primarchs were left out on purpose to let fans have homebrew legions

I can get behind that. And if we end up wanting to keep going, we can make a whole set. But that's for later. For now, let's start with the second legion.

Primarchs each were designed to bring something to the imperium yes? Some skill or ability that could benefit humanity is some way?

I propose there be a Navigator Primarch, a man whose power allowed the imperial navy to dominate space thanks to he and his legions legendary skills at navigating the warp.

Like how vulkan was the emperors compassion, this primarch could be the emperors light as the warps light house

alright, one of was a fucking disappointment of such huge proportions that not even the emperor could figure out some way of using him.

our primarch has no gifts to set him apart from his brothers. where Gulliman has his logistical accumen, magnus his psychic might, he has nothing to his name.

our primarch has no Ambition. where his brothers saw their worlds and though't "this would could be better if I made it so" this primarch was content with his world.

our primarch has no Fury. where his brothers would lead with Bolt and Blade against their enemies, our primarch would rather sit back and let others lead him

in a pantheron of demigods, where legends walk the stars and the galaxy turns on their whim, our primarch chooses to let the galaxy dictate his path, instead of making his own.

he is, at his core, an utter failure as a primarch when you compare him to his brothers and the vision that the empror had for them

We have two head canon primarch slots, see So the one your proposing could be the 19th

The guiding light and the Wasted failure

This is a good direction. they both could see erasure, one for being an embarrassment to the emperor, and the other knowing to much or seeing to much of the warp to be left alone perhaps?

Now we need alignment assuming they didn't get purged.

I propose a gentle sweet primarch from the kitten planet, named Adorus.

He had to go. Emps sicced his attack dog on him.

okay than

actually, and adendum.

the legion that was made form his gene seed was the only batch of marines made. he can't even make new marines to supplement his legion.

from the start, they were doomed to die. as the campaigns moved on, the legion began to integrate imperial guard regiments, AdMech forces, basically anything that they could get their hands on. they remained the only legion to have such a diverse force and the marines grew increasingly rare as front line fighters and took on more back line roles, like their primarch.

at the end, it was marines letting mortals do the fighting while they did the strategy and overall tactics for the campaign. the forces they commanded were extremely effective, but slow when compared to the other legions, but no world they met couldn't be conquered with the amount of diverse tools at their disposal

actually, that could be their theme. they took combined arms warfare to a crazy degree

That sounds like they would have been loyalist, so the second would have been traitor to balance it out.

Well, now that we have female space marines we need a female primarch. Lizwa Ren was the ultimate primarchess, the Emperor's favourite daughter, but was driven into hiding by Leman Russ because she 'gave him confusing feelings.' Prophecy holds that Guilliman's resurrection is but a sign that she will soon return to lead the Imperium to triumph at last over Chaos.

I like this idea. He may not be ambitious, he may not be fierce, but he understood how to use he resources available to him. Perhaps a master of Deligation and stability?

Since hes a disappointment he should wear centurion armor because his brothers think hes too weak to not wear it

I'd ask you to not. I tried this before and killed a promising quest. While I'd like it, I'd rather just let things go as they are accepted for now.

Also I didn't know female marines were a thing, and doubt this claim.

he went renegade. instead of answering the call to return to terra to help out in its defense, he did nothing, and consolidated his forces in the space he took

you know all the planets conqured in the Marcharian crusade? yeah, those were the worlds he originally took

I like that idea. He was extremely ambitious, his navigator family having always whispered in his ear of what he was meant to be. He created his own empire far from the territory of the Emperium, his Navigator legion easily going beyond the reach of the weakened empire

So second is loyalist then, whats your opinion on the centurion idea

And he sorta allowed it, not having the weakness of character to chllanege them but not having the strength to prove otherwise. In all he did, he was complacent

Jock Tamson.

Woke up on the planet Cayledonnia, a weird schizo-tech world marrying scientific and military achievement with mass agricultural areas, hunting reserves, highlands and forests.((and Scottish))

Was found by a simple highland family called The Broonsius, but came to prominence in the Grampiano-Ness province for single handedly slaying one of the great beast of the water, "Auld Nessi".

Thus he became Jock Tamson.
, High Laird Of The Caleydonnian System and Defender Of Its Realms.

20 years of drunken partying ensued, until one night, the Emperor came. Amazed by the fighting qualities of the average Caleydonnian civilian he declared that the next Legion would be based here, and that Tamson was their Primarch.

I'm not sure about general failure, but I like the idea of a Primarch with no ambition. What about a Primarch who is a great warrior, a brilliant tactician, and completely, utterly disinterested in leading his legion or joining the Emperor's Great Crusade.

The ultimate lone wolf, content with either sitting on his home planet or trekking through the galaxy, taking on threats single handedly, then melting away into the background once it was over. He holds no ill will towards the Emperor or his brothers, but will not swear loyalty to them either. When he refused the Emperor's calling his legion was folded into the Ultramarines and the records of him were expunged because the idea of a ronin Primarch who did not share the Emperor's vision was a dangerous one.

Some say Horus hunted and killed him when he fell to chaos. Some say he turned to chaos himself, and was gunned down by Guilliman and Dorn after the Heresy. Some yet say that he is still around, lending a helping hand here and there, still largely uninterested in the wider Imperium. They further say that there is an entire ordo of the Inquisition dedicated to tracking him down and bringing him into the Imperium's fold. That ordo has an unusually high turnover rate for some reason.

I like the idea. In fact, maybe his legion saw widespread use of it. The rarity of their marines meant that they needed the help and they were okay with the ordeal

I like this idea, a little more then the other one. He is just entirely uninterested and no one was able to force him to join. He's some unstoppable force that no one could really chain down.

Though I still like the idea that Alpharious proposed, so I'm on the fence a bit.

I always figured the two missing primarchs were already fallen to chaos by the time Emps reached them

That's also an interesting angle to look at it, though wouldn't that have made the emperor far more wary of his other sons? Fearing they could also fall?

I think of it like this:
If the Emperor was willing to keep Angron and get rid of the other two they must have done sonething of incredibly nasty.
The only thing i can think that might make the emperor have them expunged from all records was they either died or went full chaos before the Emperor could find them.
The only other options i can think of is Emps never actually found them because they ended up in some unreachable shit place like the Eye of Terror or they not only went renegade, but full hostile against the emperor. All out war hostile, like they already formed their space empires and when the emperor came knocking they tried to nuke the shit out of him

I can see that happening for the Navigator primarch. Since he would be able to navigate the warp like no other, he'ed dominate space combat which decides most wars in space.

Though, from what I read, the legions were part of the empire for a time before the censure, so idk if that can work

The navagator primarch should wear a helmet simmilar to what rubric marines wear

Something of a different style though of course. I was thinking a Polynesian theme, since they were masterful navigators that allowed them to create quite and impressive empire

So to recap we have:

>The primarch of the second legion. He was a Navigator with a great amount of ambition. This ambition is what would lead to his expungement from imperial history alongside his legion. Perhaps also, a mutation arose in him and his legion due to the Navigator gene, and they were expunged due to that (based on hints given by One of the primarchs having hid the blood thirst from the emperor and their brothers fearing they would be expunged because of it. He made a reference to one of the expunged legions)

>The 19th primarch is on the opposite end, a primarch with no ambition. He was either a follower, or a lone wolf who never swore allegiance to any one power, especially the emperor and the imperium. Possible his legion was folded into the ultramarines along with other legions.

There was also mention of a Scottish themed Primarch, but it didn't seem to popular

The 19th used centurion armor because he was weaker than the other primarchs

Would this apply to the lone wolf story? If so, he would have needed ties to the imperium to possess it. Or are we going with your original idea, about him being in the back and Gavin a combined army sorta of thing?

He went lone wolf after the primarchs were dicks to him or something

Maybe he gave the whole "leading the great crusade with my godly birth family" a shot, and came to realize he didn't belong because of his lack of ambition and other things.

And so, mid way through the great crusade, he and his legion just sort of, disappeared? They wandered off to go do their own thing, and were expunged when it was clear he wouldn't be coming back?

I don't think both of the expunged legions should strictly have fallen to chaos, if they had it would make the heresy itself even more silly than it already kind of is as far as it catching everyone off guard.

Maybe the 19th had a serious flaw in his geneseed that was passed down to his legion, over time their apathy was given form and their molecular bonds would break. The legion erased itself, and is never spoken of because it shows the Emperor can make mistakes, not because it's an attempt to hide some great heresy.

Oooh, that could be interesting. He just faded away, the 19th.

And yeah, I think beither of them should go chaos. They were expunged before the heresy, and I think it's more interesting that they were erased for other reason.

19th is Corax.

Now what special weapons do they use,
The navagator could use some sort of a psyker staff

The centurion could use some sort of a mace or flail

I like to imagine Psyker stuff for the Navigator, but he mostly just did the Navigator eye blast to exterminatus anyone dumb enough to stare at him.

As for the centurion, a flail makes sense. Swing it and let gravity and physics do the work. Also a power flail sounds cool.

Though I think the Navigator should rarely take the field, instead being almost entirely a naval commander. That way we don't have him step on Magnus' toes

Now we just need to name the legions,
2nd torch bearers, light bringers, helio harbingers

19th ????

19th - Wayfarers?

Chadarun Sietz
Primarch of one of the Lost Legions
See right hand of picture.

the 19th I think could be called something that shows their low momentum sorta life style. Drawing a blank though

The coasting centurions

Does sound like a legion name sadly. The Stone Golems? Nah, not right either. Hmmm

Steel Centurions

Samus Aran, primarch of the XIth legion, The Fortune Hunters. Purged(???) for working alongside and further defending Tzeench-worshipping Xenos from the Imperium. Also Tzeentch turned her female to further fuel the Emperor's rage.

>alright, one of was a fucking disappointment of such huge proportions that not even the emperor could figure out some way of using him.

Since each primarch represents at least in part some variant of the seven deadly sins or classical virtues. So why not one that's just became a slothful fuck? He was a capable, but purposefully underachieving, waste of geneseed that would rather sit on his laurels and delegate responsibility. Say he was found on a Knight planet and taken in by a powerful house as a babe, because of that and his inherent natural ability, he was always fawned over and never had to really achieve anything. He developed the worst sort of noble sensibilities having no interest in combat outside an insult to honour. Therein he would rather just send a stand in to do his dirty work because, while intelligent, he's otherwise an indolent effete apathetical dandy fuck?

I like this, also means his legion have Giant mechs I assume, and that's fucking awesome

So does that mean he became a traitor, or that the emperor simply called it a failure and wiped him and his legion out to recycle the waste?

Legion colors
2nd
Maybe a gasoline and silver
19th
??

What about a suicidal primarch? The primarchs are hardly a shining star of mental wellness, and finding out you're the son of the most powerful being in the galaxy might just be enough to push someone over the edge. It's too much to live up to.

Ehh, idk. I guess it would work well for one of the expunged legions though. I'm digging what we've got going on with these two, however we could always expand and start making our own set of Primarchs

Yeah, Primarch Linkin

Just make Doomguy one of them. If you think he sounds perfect for primarch status think again because classic Doomguy is so full of rage and bloodlust it's impossible for him to follow the Emps orders or be a team player with his brothers or the armies of Terra.

The Emperor found him stranded on a hell world and came to understand that this guy is unusable and hopeless because while he isn't outwardly possessed by Khnorne, he's so full of a sense of absolute carnal revenge against the denizens of the Warp, that he refused to leave. Unlike Angron who had his uses as a beatstick, all this this primarch wanted to do is sit in the Warp for eternity killing daemons, so Emps just gave him his blessing and left his unreasonable ass there to do that.

>I like this, also means his legion have Giant mechs I assume, and that's fucking awesome
Yes, with a leader just as snobby as they could ever hope for. It would should also have a Knight Commander that was actually good at his job and a boon to the empire, someone the primarch appointed to that post that ended up being exceptional and more a son to the Emperor then the primarch, which would only further illustrate what a fuck-up the primarch was.

It would be the classical father and surrogate son relationship, where the father figure WISHES that his son's best friend was actually his son rather then the douchenozzle actually spawned from his loins.

meant for

This knight commander would likely be the reason their order still stands if it does.

Wasn't one of the classic premises of the lost primarchs that one of them was already corrupted by Chaos when the Emperor found him and thus required he be killed?

So after the lazy primarch got expunged, in honor of his knight commander the Emperor mandated that the knights feudal world system remain relatively independent (outside the introduction to advised Imperial creed to prevent anymore fuckhead nobles like the primarch who shall not be named) in the hope that the knight commander's example would foster future generations of exemplary knights for Terra's armies?

Perhaps the Knight Commander was such a shining example of honour that he actually chose to die by the expunged primarch's side defending him against the Emperor even though he knew the Emperor was in the right.

The heresy novels alluded to the fact that one of the lost legions was a warning for things to come. Some primarchs knew about it and were deathly afraid/sad about it.

Hello, I shall be your expunged chaos Primarch for this evening. How many obliterated worlds would you like to include in this lesson to other legions tonight?

Trick question, you have ordered many worlds, we shall comply.

>Legion colors
Gold and blackwashed gunmetal
>Legion standard
The multi-tailed black harrier (vulture) of the legion's expunged homeworld Aegypius.
>Legion traits
This lost legion had a severe geneseed mutation shared by their lost primarch that made their skin grey and stonelike it cursed this legion with a severely impaired sensations of touch leaving a coldness to their senses but also allowing them near boundless stamina even before the process of becoming Space Marines.

Assuming the Emperor did have an intended purpose for the Primarchs, he wouldn't have made one a Navigator/Astronomicon primarch.

Emps intended the Webway to be the transport of the future and either he or Magnus would be the Astronomicon until it was usable.

Sorry guise.

They apparently had separate reasons for their demise.
If I had to pick I'd say one was an abortion of a mutant and the other fought the Emperor upon meeting him.

For the purpose of this thread, I think you'd be good coming up with 1 loyalist and 1 traitor primarch and assuming they never went missing. Then you can come up with how they'd interact with their brothers too.

One would think the unfinished web-way on Terra was supposed to house a primarch navigator considering the Sisters of Silence were guarding it up till gully told them they could git. The emps way too much of a control freak to have purposed the unfinished webway to house himself as the beacon.

>The Emperor's Death Dealers
>The Onyx Sons
>The Scavenger Legion
>The Unspoken Doom

>Assuming the Emperor did have an intended purpose for the Primarchs, he wouldn't have made one a Navigator/Astronomicon primarch.
He did. Magnus was intended to power the astronomicon

Was Fulgrim intended to be his personal prettyboy nob polisher or was that Sanguinus?

You can make an entire forum arguing about what the intentions of the Primarchs are, because there is no clear, good answer because... because it's not true.
The Primarchs were never created by GW to have purposes, just to be 18 badass sounding dudes with cool backstories.

Black Library has come in after the fact and tried to ascribe these intentions or purposes; it's taken well to some Primarchs and less well for others.

Fulgrim was always a perfectionist though, maybe he was supposed to be an efficiency expert. Good fit for purpose theory.
Sanguinius' governing personality trait is less clear. He is both Jesus and the perfect killing machine. Purpose theory doesn't work so well here.

I would assume that Horus being the second coming would have rule over the military after the Emps steps back but Sanguinus was meant to be the Emperor's face, his charismatic diplomat angel representing the Emps for all intents other then military hammer dropping.

I always figured on Primarch was super focused on Freedom. Basically no man should rule another. He was killed because he wouldnt work with the Emperor's tyranny even if it was benevolent-ish/the right thing to do.

Would also work, he landed and was brought up on a mercurial world bent on utterly corrupt autocratic corporations eternally feuding and cannibalizing each other over the auspice of tyrannical rule. Perhaps he was a freedom fighter on this world and can't help but see the same thing happening with the Imperium to the point that he was outspoken and openly questioning of emps even though his heart was in the right place.

Another easy one is the shunned loyalist primarch was found on a xenos planet and raised in a totally non-human society that actively took him in and honored him. So his birth people going around exterminating xenos would be repellent to him to the point of open rebellion. Maybe he gets found and has the obvious curiosity of where he came from so he goes with the Emperor willingly, only to find out later that his home world was vaporized after he and the Emperor left. Or perhaps the emps doesn't destroy his world but the primarch is too alien for Terra or his brothers and the Imperium and decides he wants to go back. Maybe the Emperor lets him only to exterminatus that world with him on it.

Sort of a space Tarzan story.

>Primarch raised by Jokaero

I dig it.

I don't think there has been a Primarch who kinda calls the Emp on his cold heartedness. He knows Emp has never seen them as his sons. Just tools. A means to an end. But this Primarch believes that he CAN love his legion (like what we see some of the others do). The emperor orders his own legion to end the life of their Primarch. To atone I suppose. And this is the first instance of astartes firing on one another. Perhaps they kill him. Perhaps not. But it leaves a heartbroken legion. Ineffective for something as grand as the Great Crusade

So basically Lorgar if he had listened to the Emperor's 'I am not a god' speech and Erebus and Kor Phaeron didn't exist.

>OCdonutsteel primarchs
I seriously hope you guys don't do this

It can only end in Sues

>Primarch Name
Haracalus The Anarch

>Legion Name
Stone Eternals, Previously The Imperial Vanguard before the discovery of their Primarch

>Legion Tactics
Heavy infantry, a counter-punch to the hard faced Death Guard. Bolters, stoicism and brotherhood.

>Legion Colors
Majority golden-brown with a minor being grey. Often employing a unique rock common to their home system to form pauldron edges and bolter furnishings and various other minor detailing.

>Homeworld
Gaia Primaris, officially designated the primary planet in the small system but Gaia Secondus being the true homeworld, a world frequently at war with pre-WW1 levels of technology.

>Gaia Primaris
Is it bigger than Terra but cost more?

>Imperial Fists but more bland

Op back

So we have the 19th primarch, An unambitious man whose geneseed lead either to a apathetic degradation of his troops or a fall of chaos through his slothful behavior. He had the skills and ability to be one of the greatest of the Primarchs, but he held no drive or cause. He was a lazy noble raised on a planet with Imperial knights, and was never tested or forced to face any adversity.

He lead his legion for a brief time, out of curiosity, but he soon delegated the role to his loyal Knight commander. This commander took on the mantle loyally and dutifully, and while the primarch rested or was otherwise unconcerned with the affairs of his legion, the Commander lead with honor and glory for the emperor.

The commander held the qualities the emperor had hoped his slothful son would possess, all except the physical qualities he had given his primarchs.

The slothful primarch only ever rose from his blissful stupor in order to engage those who attack his honor. These moments were far and few

One day, the emperor called the commander's audience rather then his child's, knowing full well the primarch would only waste his time. The primarch did not let this stand, and in his foolish pride, challenged the emperor and lost outright. His honor in tatters, he took his loyal legion and rose up against the emperor. The knight commander, loyal and dutiful, sided with his Primarch knowing he would be cast down like his brothers by the emperors might.

And so, the primarch and the 19th legion were wiped away with a heavy heart. Those who surrendered or chose not to side with their provrenitor were mixed with other legions, and those who would not abandon their progenitor were slaughtered to the man.

The legion, the primarch, and the rebellion were burned from the imperial records, never to show of the civil war that only was a prelude to the Horus heresy that would come later

>Veeky Forums