What kinds of ways could someone make a druid character unique while still keeping them intertwined with their class?

what kinds of ways could someone make a druid character unique while still keeping them intertwined with their class?

Drugs, bestiality, eco-terrorism.

What do you mean? How to play a druid without having to be a forest dwelling loincloth wearing weirdo?

Ever see that one old dude who is a professor at the university and is always out in the field and in the mountain and can tell you everything there is to know about all the plants there?

Basically make druids Nature Wizards. They could be scholars or they could be religious mystics

>cookie cutter powers
>unique
By being good at writing and roleplaying.

Try consuming media that involves characters with similar powers. That can give you inspiration.

I once played a druid who was a natural philosopher/scholar it was great fun

He wore a fucking Tweed jacket and boots and kept bear shit in his vest pocket to avoid being attacked by predators

He just wanted to be left alone to fucking read and observe beetles having sex, but would always put out tea for guestz

street-druid?
he thinks of civilization as an of extension of nature so he dwells in, communing with the urban jungle and creatures in it

>how do we make it unique?
>Copy others
Really makes you think.

>Aldo Leopold Druid
My nigga

Honestly, if you just did your best at making an actual historical celtic druid it'd probably feel incredibly new and fresh to people who are used to the D&D take.

Like what, human sacrifice?

They're terrified of nature precisely because they know so much about it.

I never said to copy anyone. Knowing what's out there will give you the context you need to make something that works while making it your own. Standing on the shoulders of giants and all.

If you stay ignorant, you will probably end up rehashing something someone else did, only worse. And then everyone will say "oh he's just like XYZ" even when you haven't heard of it.

>deep sea druid that finds comfort in darkness
>druid that focuses on magically created creatures and abominations, protecting their right to live

i know im bumping myself but
vermin lord
ants, rats, and pidgeons are all part of nature too
anything from some creepy back ally rat shaman, to a halfling bee keeper

When it comes to the Druids, nobody knows who they were, or what they were doing.

We don't know too much of anything about the druids. It's quite possible that the human sacrifice thing was made up by the Romans so they had an excuse to put resources into invading Britannia and Hibernia.

Druids can be normal people with normal motivations. Your religion could just take a backseat to whatever is driving your character at a particular time. Being a druid is something that should inform your actions but it doesn't need to be the only thing going on in your character's life.

So, they were very mysterious?

Very

Maybe have them focus on some other kind of aspect of nature than 'muh trees' and 'muh RULES OF NATUREEEEEEEEEEEE'?

I'm currently playing an elderly dwarven druid, and his main goal in life is to brew the most delicious teas and beers and keep everyone hydrated.

I actually make most of my druids big ol bear-like friendly guys, jolly laughs, but that's just one thing to do. You have to do something that's different, for example, a Druid who likes towns but wants to put more parks and trees in them to keep the people there in touch with nature.

>beekeeper that summons swarms of insects [bees] and wildshapes into a giant wasp

Fucking awesome

A druid who's really into cooking and started experimenting with plant-based magic because they wanted to grow better ingredients

add a few levels of monk and roleplay Kung fu Panda