Need a light?

Need a light?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=eWPNmgfakAg
kotaku.com.au/2012/07/how-warcraft-was-almost-a-warhammer-game-and-how-that-saved-wow/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>give it pantsu helmet
>count as Sister of Battle

Gotta say, they look better without the big dumb missile launcher on the back making them look top-heavy. Now if only they could have made it so the flamers didn't look like they were haphazardly bolted on without any thought put into it.

[Kurwa intensifies] I will never defend this whole ,,gw ain't stole from blizzard" anymore :/

>Blizzard steals from GW
>GW steals from Blizzard
now Blizzard just has to steal from GW again and the cycle will renew itself.

"Fire washes the skin off the bone and the sin off the soul. It cleans away the dirt. And my momma didn't raise herself no dirty boy."

youtube.com/watch?v=eWPNmgfakAg

yep, not-psychic hood aside the position of the fistguns is the worst thing about gravid armour

potentially fixable, but it'll take some work to bend the feeds properly

Dreadnoughts with twin flamer fists were a thing in 1988.

That's why I said Blizzard stole from GW first, or rather, they were inspired by GW. I don't remember if Warcraft was originally supposed to be a WHFB game or if StarCraft was supposed to be a WH40k game.

That's a myth, neither are true. Warcraft was just heavily inspired by WHF, but it was never supposed to actually be a WH game.

Alright, I could never tell, I heard it a lot but I never found anything confirming it.

Both.
And Diablo is clearly also inspired by WHFB as well.
It's alright, though. In about ten years, when Blizzard needs to go back to the well Yet Again, they'll probably steal whatever mutant creations GW has that descend from Steampunk Balloon Mustache-Firing Dwarves, and Space Marine Scouts made out of Reaper and Soldier 76; then, a few years after that, GW will steal it back, and the cycle will continue.

If I get any I'll probably just end up giving them terminator arms with a bit of converting to fit the proportions better.

>Both.
>And Diablo is clearly also inspired by WHFB as well.
You are so ignorant, you don't even have any idea how ignorant you are.

why ?

Heh. Bone.

Slammin'

Because Diablo wasn't even a Blizzard game. It was developed by a completely different company called Condor which, just a few months before the game was released, was bought out by Davidson & Associates and renamed Blizzard North.

Furthermore, the notion that Warcraft was ever going to be a Warhammer game has never been supported by anything other than idiots like you repeating lies you heard from other idiots or, even better, from bitter GW employees. It's been reported by people that were actually involved in the game's development that Allen Adham was literally the only person that wanted to make a Warhammer game and he was overruled by the entire rest of the studio.

i wasnt the user you talked to before, i just wanted an explanation, thank you for gibing me one

I don't see how Diablo is inspired by Warhammer in the slightest. It might share some common inspiration sources, though, since Warhammer ripped off everything in the 80's.

"How do you want your Tyranid? Original or Extra-Crispy?"

Fire it up.

For the Emperor!

SoB players are the new Ork players
"B-but can I put a Waugh nun in there?"

Just rating those flames 90 degrees and recessing them slightly would make that look so much better

This is similar to what happened with vulkan, just a normal flamer slapped on the side which looks stupid

Their passive aggressive warfare has resulted in a win for me so fuck it.

Right? When I first heard the rumors of gravis dudes with dual flamers, firebats are the first thing that I thought of.

>We StarCraft now
Tyranid Queen of Blades when?

They are correct in that warcraft is taken from wargammer but not in the urban legend that keeps getting passed around. Metzen and co are just really into metal and fantasy so took inspiration from everywhere.

Am I the only person who would welcome this?

I love Nids but with no personality they are difficult to put a story behind them.

Isnt the lore implying orks and tyranids are merging.
We could very well get our magical ork queen.

Blizzard Irvine a shit

Agreed, some Avatar of the Hive Mind would be a good addition

That looks awful, I never thought there would be someone with shittier design than GW.

Warhammer Quest used to be big.

I need to see this as a Salamander

This would make me quit 40k.
Or embrace it, sell my IG and buy a tyranid waagh army, depending on the day.

>Tyranid Queen of Blades when?
B-but user-kun, we already have an avatar, don't w-we?
...I-i can be sexy too, user...
...why doesn't anyone like me...

You don't have anything to worry about, is just an idiot. The ork/tyranid stalemate just means that they're each getting bigger and badder the longer it drags on. Eventually, one or the other will get the upper hand and then the Imperium is fucked.

Andy Chambers

>xonosfags think they will ever amount to anything but jobbing to the Imperium
Plz
(but srsly, I love that idea, would finally make my nids relevant in the lore again

>calls an user an idiot because he doesnt like current lore
Fuck off you autistic retard

>Isnt the lore implying orks and tyranids are merging.
Different user here.
But seriously, where the fuck did you read that orks and tyranids are merging.

>Eventually, one or the other will get the upper hand and then the Imperium is fucked.
Or Guilliman flies in with his super special fleet that's been upgraded to withstand both Ork and Tyranid defences by Cawl ex Machina, drops a Cawl pattern extra-exterminatus bomb, wiping out all Orks and Nids on the planet so hard that both species forget anything they learned from the constant warfare, allowing the Imperium to remain dominant.

There is a numerous references to it now such as genestealer orks and genestealer gargants.
And its just... lore that tyranids assimilate those they are fighting.

Remember kids just because you knee jerk you don't like something doesn't mean it isn't true.

genestealer cults in the orks are older than you are

I'm referring to current lore you stupid kid. Why are you such an idiot?

Then you don't have a problem with orks and tyranids merging because the current lore makes it clear its happening idiot.

>[citation needed]

>Dark Imperium

Alright, asshole, I've got my copy right here. Give me a page number and I will explain how you fail at reading comprehension.

user i think you are mistaken. You are the asshole. I'm done with your autism.

p257, 2nd paragraph, 3rd sentence.

Because it still has no character

>Now if only they could have made it so the flamers didn't look like they were haphazardly bolted on without any thought put into it.

Slow down user, this is still imperial technology

nice page number[s] senpai

So I take it Aggressors are more offense focused where Terminators are defense focused, yes?

I'd like to see ANY evidence that Warcraft has even a shred of inspiration from Warhammer, desu. "Dude they have orcs and guys with swords xD" So did Lord of the Rings, which Warhammer itself is a copy-paste of.

>p257, 2nd paragraph, 3rd sentence.

>'The time of your redemption is at hand,' said Mortarion. 'The sevenfold way opens. The seven campaigns of this invasion bear fruit ready to rot. Roboute Guilliman has returned to Ultramar.'
>Ku'gath gave a sly look of delight, almost a smile. Typhus laughed.
>'You are foolish, my lord father, if you think this will end well,' said the first captain. 'We should have finished his realm while he was absent.'
>'Typhus, Typhus,' said Mortarion. 'So long you have lived, and so little you have learnt. What use is the destruction of a kingdom without the death of a king?'
>'A king without a kingdom is no king, but a vagabond. His suffering would have been pleasant meat to savour,' said Typhus. 'You court disaster in confronting him. This employment of the Hand of Darkness is convoluted and foolhardy. Simplicity was the watchword of our Legion - the direct attack, the weathering of pain, not this deviousness. This was not the plan of the Great Father.'

And just in case you want to be cheeky, the core rulebook:

>Planetstrike
>Planetfall

>Invading forces orbit above, raining fire upon the foe, their landing parties inbound to take for themselves any fortresses still standing. The defender must weather the storm and repel the enemy, no matter the cost. The attacker must not rest until the world is theirs.

>The Armies
>The players should first choose who is the Attacker and who is the Defender, then each selects a Battle-forged army. The Power Level of the Attacker's army should be greater than that of the Defender's.

Green, square jawed, somewhat dimwitted orcs. That's about it.

I just jumped in to shitpost, sorry user.

>called out for being a bitch
>runs away like a bitch
Sounds about right.

terrans are the best scifi humans desu.

Are these the new Terminators?

>Steampunk Balloon Mustache-Firing Dwarves,
but they already made gnomes.

I unironically like this, but still wish they hadn't given them symmetrical weapon loadouts.

I see you like to bolt flamers to your arms.
I too like to bolt flamers to my arms

aggressors are more shooty than termies.

>implying legend of the galactic heroes isn't best humanity
You have one of the shitest taste I have ever read

this

>Let's buuurn...

I'm honestly considering poaching one for a Kill Team, now. A Firebat would make a great addition to the team.

>>We StarCraft now

Aggressors are a few steps shy of a straight up upgrade to termies.

I mean, it's not a bad look (I've always felt that a piece of transparent plastic would fit well over terminators' heads like in the shoop)-it's just too practical and bland for 40K...

Yeah it's just better to say that GW and Blizz were taking from the same sources. Moorcock, Tolkien, and D&D.

Only way they're getting new models.

>There is a numerous references to it now such as genestealer orks and genestealer gargants.
>And its just... lore that tyranids assimilate those they are fighting.
Ork guy here.

You do realize the bugboyz (genestealer orks) actually fight for Gork n' Mork and NOT the nids, right?

Call of the WAAAGH! > the Hivemind when greenstealers/bugboyz are involved.
They're not merging, you just fail at reading comprehension.
>Eventually, one or the other will get the upper hand and then the Imperium is fucked.
Given that Hive Fleet Leviathan is more or less dying off at this point and the only major remaining tendrils are in Octarius (that aren't being cannibalized by Hive Fleet Hydra), the war of attrition currently favors the Orks.

You've got my attention.

You realise gw is older than blizz right?

So what?

You are implying blizz didn't use warhammer as an inspiration there lad.

WHFB ripped off WoW. Orcs are only green because they drank demon blood.

Are people forgetting that Starcraft was supposed to be the first Dawn of War game? Sweet jesus

>I love Nids but with no personality they are difficult to put a story behind them.
No no no don't give them ideas, fuck off

Honestly, it would have been a pretty damn good idea for a SOB unit. Not using the exact same weapons as other units while still keeping in theme.

Unless you mean WoW ripped of WHFB.

why is every weapon bolted to a fist now?
why do they all have psychic hoods?

Now I'm just imagining an Ork who is inexplicably a a member of a Coven of SoBs
>"While we admire Sister Gittoasters conviction, her methods are a bit...unconventional"

I'm pretty sure an ork would love an evicerator with an exterminator attachment. It's a super choppy sword with dakka.

Indeed!

I'll be honest, I just through an Ork crammed into a suit of SoB power armour with a mop on his head called Sista Gittoasta would be funny

No thank you, got my own, prifaggit.

kotaku.com.au/2012/07/how-warcraft-was-almost-a-warhammer-game-and-how-that-saved-wow/
Literally first result on google.

>avatar of the hive mind
Nigger every single tyranid organism IS the hivemind. That's the point, there is no central bug, no queen controlling all. The closest you could get is norn-queens but even those are just psychic nodes to help spread the field out, as well as being tyranid factories.
Having an "avatar of the hive mind" would completely destroy that idea.

More Nid special characters would be nice but you need justification for why they are unique. Genetic aberrations the Hive Fleets have failed to successfully replicate again or ones that have been part of something that left them changed.

No, but you're one of the few.
As a Tyranid fan please fuck off and stay away from them forever.

Some kind of named character Magus?