/CofD/ & /wodg/ Chronicles of Darkness and World of Darkness General

Previous thread: >Pastebin:
pastebin.com/7HiVphFm
>News
kickstarter.com/projects/200664283/chronicles-of-darkness-dark-eras-2
paradoxinteractive.com/en/white-wolf-partners-with-focus-home-interactive-for-a-video-game-adaptation-of-the-world-of-darkness-storyteller-game-werewolf-the-apocalypse/
>This week's Monday Meeting Notes:
theonyxpath.com/pros-and-cons-and-kickstarters-monday-meeting-notes/
>Question:
Best houserule/homebrew you've ever seen/used?
>5th editons cliffnotes
pastebin.com/cp0r59da

What line, what time, how many people playing, etc...?

V20 VTM, idk how many people and anytime

Really interested as to how you make a party of beasts work together if you're keen
to explain and tell us a bit about it

Hey, I'm the fellow who uploaded that second link for oWoD in the pastebin to Mega, but I haven't been in this general for the past month or two. Has anything new come out since that I should put up?

Did anyone played the chronicle in the Sundered World? Sounds interesting as hell, and there is a lot less political complexity to care about.

Posting again for the new thread
Would anybody be interested in a Werewolf 2e game?
I'm looking for 1 more player, to, ideally, play an Ithaeur Bone Shadow(we already have one of every other auspice and tribe, and I'm a fan of rounding things out, but it's not necessary).
>Game is set in Portland, Oregon
>PC Woofs know each other through University of Portland
>Game is starting with the Pack having recently formed
>Nobody else in the group has ever played cofd before(I've played a few games and run a few games, but I apparently have the patience of a saint so I'm fine with teaching them as we play).
>Saturdays, Noon-3PM, roughly, GMT -7
>Rats#9479
>IC text through roll20, OOC voice through Discord
>Yiff is ban, no awoo, $250 fine

>cofd

I think one of the good things about TSW is the fact you can port over anything to make a Pangean.

Like Salt, Storm and Stone from the Fallen London Universe.

I might play. Bone Shadow is the most interesting Cofd werewolf race to me anyways. Got any links?

You also can let your players to create Mystery for their other characters to solve millenia later.

You still there? I'm interested

>University of Portland
So they're Roman Catholic werewolves?

did ayone try that with other splats than mage and werewolf ?
how did it go ?
how would you do it with your favorite splat ?

Would vampires work ? With or without the new Strix mythology

Yeah, sorry, I went afk after posted it. Add me on Discord, and I'll give you an invite to the channel.

Aight. Can I get that link?

>Rats#9479

I'm looking for a nice, easy character/sheet builder for Demon the Descent. I've already got form-fillable PDFs, I'm looking more along the lines of a Google Spreadsheet type thing.

>Be less than 1% of the population
>>Get over represented everywhere.
>I don't get it.

Silly user. don't you know that minorities are magical. By WW standards, they're *underrepresented*.

Speaking as a minority, you have to realize that there are special snowflake activists who think they speak for all of us, and who seem to honestly believe that if we aren't getting spotlight attention, we don't exist. Like a solipsistic crisis. It makes me feel embarrassed and angry when they get all hissy about it, but what is even more offensive is when crusaders come in trying to defend us or put a spotlight on us because we're different when we are happy just being normal with our every day normal friends.

What is your favorite Fera species?
I really like the were-crocodiles myself, but I've never really got to play one. The closest I ever got the character.... might be a mary sue?

For the pure fun factor, Rokea
Shark-men are just too good to pass
They're also among the hardest of the bunch if I recall

You can make it easier by playing a Same-bito, but you run the risk of falling into weebery.

Nothing can be as bad as the Asian fey or the Ninja wizards.

Weresharks are the best. They just want to eat and fuck on land. Way better than werewolves who just fuck everything up.

Well I mean I did as much as I could with a player that went out of his way to metagame, undermine all events and was overall just a presumptuous projecting prick.

Alright, so we had 3 Beast players, an insomniac Eshmaki that lived fast food job shift to fast food job shift, an Ugallu newspaper photographer that was jokingly a blend of Peter Parker & J Jonah Jameson that wanted to be Moriarty (He was none) and an ex-cop turned Private Detective Makara that just moved into town.

There were also 2 players that decided they wanted to play vampires. One was a neonate Vampire that was an EMT response technician, while the other was a vampire from back in the Civil War that went into torpor when hippies became a thing and only recently woke up from his slumber.

The game started with a serial killer that the Makara quit his job over to chase up all the way from New Hampshire to Maine. The killer was bailed out of an investigation by his rich father and went up to celebrate it. He threw a party and then took a joyride around town before getting into a car accident. But there also being a killing matching the killer's M.O. This being on the news triggered the Makara to drive to the hospital to check it out. While the Ugallu wanted to get the scoop on it.

The plan was to get those two to dig deeper into shadiness of the accident and start digging around for questions. They were going to first run into the Vampire EMT who was in the ambulance, who would have given them info on the accident location, where they would have found food wrapper littered around the area tied to the fast food restaurants the Eshmaki was working that night to retrace the killer's steps that night. They would have also eventually run into the other Vampire who was creeping in at the party on the night of the accident.

It didn't work out that way, because the player playing the Ugallu decided instantly he wanted
to be in charge of everything and Metagame.

After a bunch of sidetracking and bullshit from the Ugallu (He randomly killed a bowling team cheering because they won a bowling tournament, just because he as a person hates bowling) we just stopped inviting him.

We have picked up playing the game without him though and the players have actually started working together.

...I really don't want to go into detail about the shit that happens because the sheer stupidity of the Ugallu player just kills all my motivation to type it out the more I think about it.

It's nWoD, but Werehummingbirds are hilariously awesome. Only gem in the trashfire of Changing Breeds.

I thought they were big idiots attacking anything that enters their waters?

Yeah, but when they go on land they get horny and start fucking things. And if they stay on land, the ones still in the water hunt you down and kill you for betraying the ocean I assume.

>Best houserule/homebrew you've ever seen/used?

For forsaken 2E: ditching triggers for "the DM tells you when to roll for kuruth", ditching aspirations for 4 beats per session (plus the extras you get for conditions and dramatic failures) and making falling a "resolve + composure" roll for harmony to always pulls you away from the center whether is up or down.

>Being mad that he was playing beast right and the rest of you guys weren't.

>Playing Beast right is being a massive metagaming faggot and ruining everyone elses time.
You might actually be onto something here.

Arete+Sphere

Would you join a werewolf pack with pic related as their totem spirit?

>Arete+Sphere
I still ponder to this day why Brucato didn't implement this.

It was already a thing in Dark Ages

Fuck yeah

I am thinking of removing the "garou shall not kill pure" in forsaken because i cant find any argument to support it beyond "some pure maybe arent THAT bad even though their society exist as a hate group against forsaken"

He probably never even knew about it, he doesn't seem very good with rules. Or writing. Or not coming off as being into bestiality. Or antisemitic.

Dude he literally thought he could use his character with one point in drive to operate a forklift and fly a plane because the book didn't specifically say he needed a skill specialization or training to do it.

He also thought he could stack running to legitimately out run a cruise missile as a mortal.

That's the kind of guy this was.

The argument is "Because the Moon said so" as retarded as that is. And if I recall correctly that's only in regards to killing outside of combat. Ripping a Pures head off in Death Rage = ok, casually executing someone on the ground after the fight is over = Luna gets triggered

Then again don't quote me on that, haven't played W:tF in a long ass time

the first part is true the second part might also be true. the game is extraordinarily fiddly.

Well I mean it might be so, but he basically wouldn't accept house rule requirements for it. He wouldn't play the game just for the sake of the game.

The Moon didn't say shit, the Forsaken agreed to not murder other werewolves when they made the Oath of the Moon.
Even then, it's pretty much straight up "don't kill another werewolf UNLESS IT'S NECESSARY"

Killing when it's not necessary is already a violation of the Oath, see: Respect Your Prey.

So what do you magefags think of the reach system in how it interacts with paradox? Personally speaking, part of me really likes it, and part of me doesn't as it seems to make everything a paradox risk very easily.

It's good on paper in practice it doesn't do enough to make paradox a threat even during escalations. Honestly, past 3 4and five spells should almost always innately cause paradox if you want to keep the silent war angle while making sense.

Can you elaborate on that? I haven't had a chance to play 2e mage as of yet, but just based on what I read it seems like paradox is far-far more common then prior. At least if you ignore the vulgar stuff.

I like the weredinosaurs (the Mokolé)

2e makes paradox a joke unless you keep casting like 3+ master spells than it starts being a thing. Reach as is makes it easy to avoid paradox unless you are being really stupid.

Masters in 2e are probably the most op thing in the game that's not a 6+ rank entity. This was done on purpose but they get too many in system freebies. The setting doesn't give a reason for this cold war feeling at all. If paradox were innate in 4+ spells at least it would give a reason why masters who don't like each other don't try to blast each other other existence. 2emage is now more than ever the dnd mage issue.

>"I don't like this aspect of a game."
>"Listen to me as if I'm absolutely correct on the matter."
>Even though most people don't give a shit and have their own opinion."

Is that you Dark Archon?

I've seen masters in play and we had an st have one fight against use it was brutal and he wiped the floor with us.

No that autist was fucking crazy. there are a number of ways you can make them more workable without paradox but paradox makes the most sense for the feeling of a coldwar feeling everyone is a magical nuke but those nukes can backfire.

Were you non-mages or Adept and below?

Which do you prefer, the African, Asian or Indian ones?

Fight against us as 1 rank disciples. Even if we had adapt abilities the guy was using matter magic and splitting us up and rearranging the place like it was nothing.
yes. in the old system we would have had some chance. Most of the bullshit in it was rapped up in the shitty extended casting system.

Reminder that vampires, werewolves and changelings aren't supposed to intentionally go out of their to antagonize master wizards.

It's a more often than not considered a death sentence.

>My ST's a fag
well if your st is fag that's not a problem we can help with

Masters are rather meatier than Disciples, user.

It's like pitting Harry Potter against Gandalf.

It's not like balance is a focal point of the setting canon.

How are five dot mages terrifying?

I mean it wasn't a real fight but it was just a showcase but it was still bullshit.

I know but it was still different than 1e. Which while not any less impressive they didn't quite get so many options nor was it so front loaded. I have no problem with mages being as versital as they are but 2e also gave them way more power even against each other. Full master parties aren't much fun in practice and it's not hard to have a mage just dominate most aspects of the game in multigroup parities now. 2e mage is such a well crafted book but it's not really fun in application.

I'm planning a mage game but I'm probably just going to restrict the characters to Arcana 3.

Again, fighting other mages is supposed to be frightening ordeal, even for those less than Masters.

The Cold War theme is very prevalent. Magic isn't supposed to epic fun or fair, it's dangerous in the highest sense of the word.
You prepare accordingly when taking on your peers, or else it's going to be a Mexican standoff of the worst kind.

2e really is a superior product than 1e, it's just tricky for some people to grasp its themes.

The Australian ones, i really like the focus on the genetic memory.

I understand it's themes in practice it's not fun.

Fun from a gameplay perspective not a setting one.

Not fun to you maybe.

It is subjective but power wanking is only fun for a bit then it gets boring and all the threats start fudging the rules to make it somewhat interesting. the less limitations you have the harder it is for a game to keep focus. At least from my experience.

My best experience with a table top was where I was a changeling who was practically due to poor contract choices.

>Even then, it's pretty much straight up "don't kill another werewolf UNLESS IT'S NECESSARY"
>Killing when it's not necessary is already a violation of the Oath, see: Respect Your Prey.

Wait let me get this straight. Lets assume that a pack of Pure kidnapped a Blood talon Rahu´s daughter and they came to their territory. A pure with a couple of bear spirits appears and before he can say a word the rahu rips his head off. Would he get shit for being a oath breaker?

I would say limit it at Adept level. Otherwise you're basically screwing your players out of spells like thunderbolt/firebolt, transubstantiation, teleporting, fetish crafting, shadow flesh, etc. Having the cap at Disciple level would be unbearably lame, because to my understanding you aren't even considered a grown Mage until you reach Adept level in at least one Arcanum, so you had better make Disciple level the new Master or something unless you plan on having your players be the kiddie cabal. You would also need to make it so that you can't be a Disciple right out of character creation, otherwise there would be no real room to grow or reach new heights. Just reaching Disciple level in other Arcana.

Does it mean we get to purge the inferiors?

Storyteller discretion.
Personally, I'd say no, because the Pure is a clear and present threat.

Anyone who doesn't realize that paradox in mage 2E is far too weak and that mages in general

God damn phone, anyway, that Mages in general are far too strong is fucking retarded.

Nice opinion, mobile poster.

Paradox was far too strong in Ascension.

It goes both ways.

More talking about 1e than Ascension.

>Storyteller discretion.
>Personally, I'd say no, because the Pure is a clear and present threat.

On one hand, thats pretty useful to know thanks. On the other hand FUCKING OPP, why the goatfucking fuck dont they make that explicit on the text?

Go fuck yourself.

I rather enjoyed when my anti-spirit ray machine back fires and burns down a building I'm on the third floor of. Awakening Paradox is just so bland.

>Paradox was far too strong in Ascension.

You say it as it was a bad thing

That means your ST was interesting, and not a cuck.

Ascension Paradox was one of the worst things in the line.

Where would I get a PDF for mage The Awakening 1e?

It kinda was a bad thing.
Unless you're a mage hating faggot.

Why would you want that? 2e is out.
It's far superior.

To see how it works you fucking shithead

Meant to be a reply to

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

The phoneposter doesn't have very good manual dexterity, does he?

What's the problem

I don't like Mage REEEEEEEEEEE

Then what the fuck are you doing posting here, you should know better.

They make it explicit in the text that Harmony is a matter of the Werewolf's personal beliefs, and thus whether or not they're breaking the Oath isn't gonna be a yes or no for every woof in the same situation.

If it weren't a matter of personal belief, the Oath section wouldn't talk about the different interpretations that different woofs/tribes have of it

Then you're stupid

Fucking Mages, Get the fuck off my Fallen World! Reeeeeeeee!

That's not a bad I idea. I was also considering having them purchased as rotes at 4+ or strengthening threshold. There are a lot of things to do though. The issue is having the right balance.

Why so hostile? I said it was a nice opinion, and you are posting from a phone, aren't you?

> the issue is having the right balance
Just dump the kitchen sink on them, if they still have time, mind, and fate, they'll be fine.

I misread that completely. I'm fucking retarded. Sorry about that.

That's what i want top avoid.

What's what you want to avoid?

Just kidding, I was actually being condescending. Your reply was appropriate.