How the fuck do I beat this guy?

How the fuck do I beat this guy?

He makes every game so boring and pointless to play.

You mean you don't like playing against army wide rerolls on everytning and 4 free command points?

I've never played Warhammer but that sounds fucking awful.

Shadowsword.

GW doesn't give a fuck about balance. News at 11.

The only game I won playing against him was invasion and that's only because he didn't get to his objective in time. Everything that was in his way died the turn he charged.

It is. Oh did I mention that he stands back up after he dies?

Why are you playing something other than him?

How many points is he worth?

Like, 350? He rapes anything in melee to death too.

He kills entire units in one swing.
It's so fucking frustrating playing against him with any close combat army.

If your opponent pulls that guy out just tell him no thanks, pick some other units?
If that makes them butthurt then find better people.

Shot at it until it dies.

giving primarchs stats was a mistake.

>Guilliiman OP
>In Age of Guilliman

Not surprised. Makes me not want them to bring back more primarchs, just makes it all about them

What is bubblewrapping?

360pts

>36,000 multimeltas!

Welcome to 40k. Last edition this would have been a picture of smashfucker, the edition before that it would have been a jetbike seer council. Its always been this way.

was smashfucker even good

He was the best at he did

I miss murderwings

X I X
X I X
X I X

so no? lol

Smash Fucker was a godamn monster, the fucker could 1v1 almost anything in the game at one point.

No. Waste of points, Librarian was better.

Wasting points and not getting into combat except vs. other bad players.

Can't 1v1 if you can't charge.

No- he was just really tanky.

That IS ludicrously undercosted

Here's hoping that gets increased with the Codex

He's only 9 wounds right? How many sniper rifles would it take to kill him?

Everything in the Codex got cheaper, so very unlikely.

>Balanced
>Most play tested!

Like five dozen hits if you were trying to Mortal Wound him to death

I just spam an army that's like 16 squads of 5 marines and feed him a squad a turn.

Smite-spamming psykers (if possible) would be more effective.

Vindicare assassin. I turn two'd him. Gitgud.

Vindicare don't vindi-care

Bloodthirster

I think it depends on what kind of sniper unit you're using. Also Tau and IG are the only ones that can really spam out tons of snipers with ratlings and drones. I guess SM Scouts can too but then you'd be playing an SM scout army so lol. I guess Tau and IG would feel the same way.

Didn't he lose to dthirsters

Counter to Bobby g is mortal wounds. Smite can kill him pretty quickly and he has no mortal wound defense.

Playing without psykers this edition is really bad. I hate playing daemons of khorne now cause smite is so good.

Psykers are one of my biggest pains as deldar since we have 0 psyker defence and one shitty sniper on Haemmy and Wracks

Psykers are stupid now because you can't deny them without another psyker, and as someone who plays Black Templars going from better deny rolls to no deny rolls really pissed me off.

BT are getting a fat bonus to denial in the codex. It's literally 4+ on a D6 if someone tries to cast within 24".

1. Field your own Guilliman
2. Field Celestine
3. Field 6 Stormravens
4. Field Salamanders with max 48" weapons and bolterkakke all over him
5. Tie him up in hordes all game
6. Play Imperial Guard

That's good, Looks like the codex will bring them back up to what they were before which I'm liking. Also, how does a non-psyker deny a psyker? Do they just tell them to fuck off firmly enough to convince them not to use space wizardry?

What if you're not an Imperiumcuck?

Then why are you playing Age of Guilliman?

Its named after the fucking Imperium's boss.

>just wait till Age of Primarchs/Perpetuals/Reborn Emperor/Old Ones next

Chaos is soooooo fucked again. Especially once the Imperium gets dozens of ADDITIONAL factions and all the older ones get their own "primaris" options of better alternative unit versions.

>d3 wounds
lol ok

You can't. As a hero unless it's the closest thing to your shooting unit, they can't shoot him because he's under ten wounds. Because of this it's basically impossible to ever have your entire army unload shots into him because there's always going to be some closer infantry.

What was Smashfucker's stats and loadout? I only played 40k in 4th/5th edition and just started again in 8th.

Basically.

>be sorceror
>begin shooting mindbullets at loyalist plebs
>guardsmen dying in droves
>a black-clad force with only melee weapons approaches
>[giggle_of_Tzeentch.jpg]
>turn my staff of wizardry towards those idiots
>wait, something's wrong
>staff not working
>loyalists getting closer
>N-NANI?
>"FUCK YOUR FUCKING WITCHCRAFT MOTHERFUCKER I WILL TEAR OPEN YOUR NECK AND SHIT DOWN YOUR GOD-EMPEROR-DAMNED --"
>get black(templar)ed

>ADDITIONAL factions and all the older ones get their own "primaris" options of better alternative unit versions.
That seems completely fine considering that primaris units suck utter balls compared to normal marines competetively, meaning primaris'ing other armies would just create more shitty imperial armies that get their asses kicked.

Seriously, Intercessors, Aggressors, Hellblasters, and Reivers are a fucking joke.

cant wait for the first primaris to get corrupted

Now that Hellblasters can take multiple varieties of plasma they aren't so awful.

Should note Guilliman only does have 6 attacks so for the most part he can only kill 6 models unless he gets lucky and rolls lots of sixs with his sword.

They all dropped in points by a noticeable margine with the Codex

Bunch of stormbolter guys? 10 Wraithguard with D-scythes maybe. 400 points of any Storm Shield dudes.

Smashfucker was insanely hard to kill.

Guilliman is insanely hard to kill, is the single best buffer in the game, destroys imperial knights in a single round of combat...I don't mind seeing him on the table, but to compare him to smashfucker is ludicrous.

Who wins Guilliman or Magnus? Pretty sure Magnus can one hit him with smite.

This
Did you honestly think the merchants at GW would actually let their new product suck ass for long?

Cawl will probably start it though.

He already made primaris out of traitor and missing legion geneseed.

But he'll be okay with it like the mad scientist he is.

There's nothing inherently wrong with traitor geneseed though

Girly man is the only thing I will outright refuse to play against in 8th edition.

Except they still suck. Their weapons options are largely garbage and the only ones I would consider remotely competitive are Inceptors and Lieutenants. Besides what makes Space Marines good has never been their infantry, it's largely dogshit. It's about the armor spam.

Is Dirty Rob alone worth playing as Ultras?

I love the Blood Angels but our primarch is dead and who knows how we'll be treated in our book.

Right now Ultras are just so damned good thanks to Robby and their new chapter tactics.

Figured it'd take 10 Meganobz with Killsaws to kill him in one go assuming average rolls. And that's 630 points alone.
But then there'd still be the coin-flip of wether or not he hops back up and shoots/charges the Nobz to hell with everyone nearby.

Its either Ultras for him or Space Wolves, SW have straight upgrades on most units plus Bjorn is like a ghetto Rowbutt.

Actually now I've thought about it, it'd be far more cost efficient to charge him with Nobs armed with big Choppas. They'd have the same chance of inflicting their D2 as Saws since any AP better than -1 is no help against a 2+/3++ model, and they don't have the hit penalty, so 10 of them for 260 points would be just as likely to get the job done.

Try playing 50 of those littile guys

Can you even get ten nobz into melee range of him? I mean, is his base big enough for that?

Swap armies with the guy who keeps beating you and see what he does. If he eventually manages to beat you then obviously you're just a retard.

>What is bubblewrapping?
Useless, when your squad of 4 robots are machine-gunning two and a half full-sized Marine squads to death every turn.

>Good luck Girlyman, I'm behind seven Voidshields :D:D:D

You can get five Terminator bases in and five more behind without having to wrap around, I'm sure
Normal nobs are still on small bases anyway

What is the answer to Robut Guillisuite and his flying circus? I'm thinking something like a Biker Chapter Master with like 20 Veteran Bikers with Storm Shields and Meltaguns. Maybe a Space Wolves successor since they get size 10 squads.

I play Orks so I was thinking either lots of kommandos or lots of stormboys and bikes

>What is the answer to Robut Guillisuite and his flying circus?
>Would you like to play against me?
>No thanks

Isn't the fun part trying to find a plan to win?

Its more of a hypothetical, something that can both eat a stormraven alpha strike and then still kill them while also being decent against other armies.

I takes far too many stormboyz to melee a plane to death, but the concept of using jump pack assault infantry as a counter is interesting.

>>What is the answer to Robut Guillisuite and his flying circus?
>this tournament is batallion-only

No.

I don't have my book on me right now but I do believe bikers and stormboys are pretty cheap compare to space marines.

The main problem I find is that they have so many shots with the rerolls. You can also have squads of 15 for them. Make a battalion detachment and a fast attack detachment.

In the main army have troops that can drop in 9 inches away from the enemy.

I never killed Guilli but I did win some capture objective matches against him because my opponent didn't want anything to go too far from him.

Don't play with special characters at all.

Falchion/Shadowsword, hefty plasmaspam, boyz, tie him up with gaunts, sledgehammer the model, whine about muh riptides, drown him in Lychguard, etc. He is bullshit though

what is scouts, ratling, and assasins

30 Orks and wierdboyz teleporting next to every unit the player has and charging.

Congrats the primarch might live but nothing else will. Good luck winning with 1 model on the board.

you can take none primaris lieutenants now so the primarines don't even have that

What are the assassins like? Could an Eversor or Solitaire take him down if they got the OP charges off?

>an eversor
Why just one? Take a whole bunch, they're cheap as heck and absurdly efficient.

>play death guard, 1500 points
>just beaten a friend who plays necrons, so badly that I was helping him build a better army
>guy carrying marines ask if he can play me
>He pulls a gulliman mini
>"eh, not now, I'm busy"

I rather concede victory to the players who use it than waste my time knowing it won't be fair

they are maginificent

I'd bring along a big squad of Electro-priests, like 15-20 of them, and give them a 5-man Vanguard unit to tag along. They stay behind my front line of Vanguard and try not to die too much. Guilliman charges in, wipes one of my frontline Vanguard squads, consolidates wherever. The little 5 Vanguard unit charges him to soak overwatch and debuff his toughness down to wounding on 4+, then the Electros beat the everloving shit out of him with 40 S5 AP-2 DD3 attacks that hit on 3+, plus if they roll a 6+ To Wound they do D3 MWounds instead. Also their charge did 20/6=3.33 Mortal Wounds flat, because RAVE PRIESTS. I'm honestly thinking that when FoC comes out that an army of two Triaros Conveyors with either 1x20 or 2x10 priests in might actually be kinda fun.

320 points for 20, no shooting but they have T3 5++ and 5+ FnP, which boosts to 3++ 5+++ once they wipe a unit. Vulnerable to anti-infantry firepower, though.
A full squad of 20 charging with Reroll Ones can kill Magnus in one turn, Guilliman will statistically die to twelve.

You can with snipers bra

doesn't work in matched play, and most faggots are bringing him as part of a flying circus.

probably answer the issue with swarmy and a shitload of crones personally, the swarmlord has a reasonable shot at killing rowboat guilestheman and can catapult himself 18+4d6 inches at him turn one and crones are pretty efficient at killing flyers.

He's only unfair in elimination match ups

You can run 5 Primaris psyker for 200 points.

Oh crap Girlyman is broken as fuck. Celestine looks fair by comparison.

>Unable to beat tactics A with tactics B every time

Newsflash kid, but it might be high time to switch up your game. Have you tried snipers? Have you tried units and artillery that doesn't need LoS? Have you tried outflanking/deepstriking assassin squads?
Think like this, if he spends a good chunk of his army tactics and points in to one element of his army, its like putting all the eggs in one basket. If he makes such an impact on every game you guys play, you change up your game and list and start to take him out on a regular basis, your opponent will be forced to ether change list or change tactics.

Players like you who players the same routine list (based on some ancient old 7th ed power play list no doubt) and starts to loose because one specific element, and then instead of changing play, you go online to whine, are just the worst.

Sure am glad every faction has access to snipers

>Lol you're complaining because he's able to destroy entire units that's on the board in one hit? Just try not having things on the board.

>Have you tried units and artillery that doesn't need LoS?
Can't snipe characters. Try reading the FAQs for once ultrafag

GW: "Buy it or die faggot"