Jumpchain CYOA Thread #1630: Get A Fucking Job Already (Edition)

>Google Drive
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/UMaptaAY
youtube.com/watch?v=ODz7ankdTHw
youtube.com/watch?v=xIsGf_Vz2RQ
twitter.com/AnonBabble

NEVER!

It's time to be a productive member of society, Dylan.

Where were you when fanboys ruined your JumpChain?

Oh wait.

>where were you when Red ruined your JumpChain?
FTFY.

So animal symbolism is pretty common throughout fiction as a shorthand for character traits. We even have perks for that, such as the one in Kung-Fury that lets you associate yourself with an animal emblem such that all who see it know it refers to you. So what animal symbolism do your jumpers have, anons? Anything neat and original?

>Where were you when Valeria ruined your JumpChain?

Fixed it further you fanboyish cunt.

You don't think I've tried?

It's hopeless.

Go to bed.

Why are you telling people to go to bed in 3 in the afternoon.

Sharks.

But Valeria's done nothing wrong.

It's 2:06 AM here, where are you?

I'M TRYING DAMMIT
...wait, people are actually trying to PDF this? Why?

Mostly to prevent the unfinished product from being thrown up somewhere. I'll be finishing it once the resolving action is typed up, then put the full PDF on the writefag folder.

Anyways, for those who didn't see, here's the WIP contain a bunch of finished perks and stuff for Ex-Aid:
pastebin.com/UMaptaAY

>Get A Fucking Job Already (Edition)
But I have a job. This is for unwinding when I'm not dealing with crazy people at work or at home.

Drinking away my woes after successfully surviving work.

oh wait that wasn't the question huh

Already have one.

People suck.

NEET life forever!

...Um, if you don't want to deal with crazy people, uh, bad choice of hobby, mate.

This is notably more sane by comparison.

Kids, never work in EMS unless you're prepared to deal with asshole nurses all the time, and never stick your dick in crazy. Never. NEVER. EVER!

Rabbit. Due to reasons including a long-forgotten rollchain and hips

>never work in EMS
...Coincidentally, I already do. Recently, though, so it's not too late for me!

Much as I hate it, my Jumper's usually end up with some heavy resemblance/connection to various kinds of spider.

Let me correct that slightly: private EMS. Nurses are crazy, and everything they don't do is never their fault. Especially the patient who's been dead for six hours that they claim to be working, and when you get on scene, postmortem lividity is BLATANTLY NOTICEABLE, and they're insisting you still work the patient and take him to the hospital so they don't get dinged for their failure to notice their patient's been dead since before shift change.

Fucking nursing homes.

Cat. Because cat ears are great. I'm also a bit cat-like in behavior, right down to the laziness and capricious behavior.

I also like headpats.

Depending on jumper, ravens, serpents and Eldritch Abominations.

>never stick your dick in crazy.
HERESY!

Ouch, yeah, that can get bad. Good on you, mate.

> Anything neat and original?
Nope. Just foxes and cats, which aren't really unique on a symbolism bent, although I suppose it's somewhat rare to see them nowadays in jumpers. Or at least, jumpers who talk about it (Heavens notwithstanding). Far more common to see, like, dragons and stuff.
In the early days of jumpchain I leant more towards foxes, because that's basically all that was available. I even ended up rolling a fox for CATastrophe, and figured "good enough", so I didn't pay to change it. But as more and more jumps came along, more cats became available! So I gradually shifted more towards cats, and now I am mostly a cat jumper.

I will admit, however, that when I'm going super jumper mode, I tend to break out the kitsune tails, because they're big and fluffy and also prehensile, so having nine of those while also slinging magic is pretty handy. They can even perform somatic actions if needed! That's super useful!

BUT, since I just posted a Soul Eater build last thread and we're on the subject, I do use lycoris a fair bit as a symbolic element, also known as red spider lilies. In the language of flowers, they're often used to represent death or loss, especially of the type that can never be recovered, or meetings which cannot be repeated between two people.
Considering the idea of leaving people behind every jump, I always thought it was kindof fitting and neat.

Also, spider lilies look really cool and they're pretty.

I used moths before it was cool.

>Anything neat and original?
Nope. Usually ravens, but if I'm forced to choose a mammal, it's usually some variety of big cat.

There's a crab in my soul

Cockroaches. Bit subversive, but there's nothing that interesting behind it. I'm a stubborn motherfucker, focus on wound-ignorance and survival moreso than regular durability, and have a less than stellar self-image, even with all the wacky shit the Chain's opened up for me.

Ouch.

So, this has been a thing that's happening in the background for a bit. Still gotta fluff out the rest of the perks but the skeletons for everything except Cybernetics have been completed. So, feelin' confident.

Give a gander, I kind of wanted to see raw reactions to the Modifier idea before I had everything Completed at once and then it got lost in a sea of text

IT'S HAPPENING

This is why I have a lava lamp. Because lava lamps make everything better.

This also makes everything better, and that's confirmed by trips.

Ugh I feel so tired. Anyway here's a bit of a small update focused on spelling and grammar.

Do you like the new layout where its all spaced out or do you prefer the sections clumped together from before?

My mother and both of my sisters are nurses. Now you can never be sure how much fault they have in any incident because of bias, but from what they've told me, almost every coworker they've ever had has been lazy/incompetent/insane, often in combination.

Is there a Penders Drawback?

I have met many nurses who are sane and with it. There are some nursing homes that are even staffed in majority by such nurses. But a lot of nursing homes try to pay as little as they can for LPNs, and... look, when it comes to nursing, you WILL get what you pay for. If you scrape the bottom of the barrel, you get scum.

Sonic the Happening

>Attempting to invoke the wrath of the Destroyer

I don't wish to play with fire, my friend. I also wouldn't touch anything not written by Ian with a 20 foot stick.

>PENDERS

Remember the Saban drawback that never happened? I would rather take that.

RIP Sonic the Comic, victim of edgy reboots, and not even of your own series.

B-baka...

I once have a lava lamp...then it broke...twice.

Wouldn't it make more sense for The Choice to be placed in with all the other origin stuff. It isn't really a perk, after all.

They're cheap on Amazon. You'll just have to run it for about eight to twelve hours a day for a few weeks to get all the stupid bubbles out of it, the quality of lamps produced these days is so far decreased from even ten years ago.

???

>Saban drawback that never happened
(Insert explain further image)

Shit, you're right.

Think I should put Mobian Biology with Origins too? I forgot to put that but it's basically an explicit Mobian alt-form perk(sometimes I know that what is an alrt-form and what isn't is confusing, I know I get frustrated, so I like to put special biology as perks when I remember it)

Literally there's a crab in my soul
The Phantom Karkino, Kamen Rider Neo Heisei Part 2

Hyena.
My Jumper is not a nice jumper. Nor is he terribly competent.

It was 2015, I think, or maybe 2014. /jc/ wasn't even up to 500 threads. Maybe it was 400.

And thread made sure that this didn't become a Drawback. youtube.com/watch?v=ODz7ankdTHw

>Hyena
>He
So you're the submissive type?

The quality of just about everything has decreased.
Have you bought a fan recently? Because I've gone through 3 large fans, none of them lasting more than a year, and I have a small fan that has some trouble starting up. Meanwhile, I have more medium sized fan that is older than me and it refuses to die. The plastic around its spring clamp broke, but that's it.

N-no!
Yes.
I blame the Amazons.

I have one that's about 10 and it's still running with no problems.

...Why tables tho? They don't make stuff any easier to keep track of than just good formatting.

Hospitals mostly only care about doctors, because the doctors are the ones who bring in the money. Nurses are basically expendable. But nurses are also the ones who are doing, like, day-to-day patient care, and giving almost all of the in-hospital medication? It's pretty stupid.

Don't get me wrong, there are people who absolutely should not be nurses and are shit at their jobs. But it's also pretty sad how much of a raw deal they get, considering how important that job is.
Ultimately it just teaches them that 90% of what they have to do is cover their own ass, patients be damned. And that's really terrible. For everyone. Especially the patients.

That guy's head is so far up his own ass it's no wonder his hair is brown.

I admit I'm of two minds about it. On the one hand, I'm gonna miss Archie Sonic. They've been around for a long time, and they had a lot of cool characters.
On the other hand, I'm just glad there's still A Comic, and IDW does quality work, so I'm okay with this. They made the Samurai Jack comic!

I hope Archie and IDW hash out some kind of deal to reuse characters. I'm gonna miss that chinchilla otherwise.

Woooooooooot!

It was on suggestion of someone else getting lost on when one Modifier ended and when another started

If it's causing a problem to read I can try and find a way, it's just a precaution on missing the individual Modifiers in the lake of paragraphs

I don't know, the hospitals around here are mostly okay, it's just the nursing homes that are REALLY bad. Hospital nurses can be dumb, but not dumb-as-a-fucking-brick dumb.

>Modifier
It feels clunky, annoying, and makes the jump arbitrarily complicated to build for.

Okay, who is the Pender's guy and wh-
...WTF!

Maybe? A race section wouldn't be out of place, but you'd probably want a few options. ( 0CP "you're a hedgehog" / "plain old human" options might be okay). it's probably worth thinking about how the robot modifier would interact - maybe it combines the two forms into a robot with all the abilities of a Mobian? Or maybe you get two forms? (Personally I prefer the first).

Jumpers, are traps gay?

I only ask because we have several jumps that are home to notable ones.

>Archie Sonic
Oh boy, time for Super Evil Eggman!

I thought I had forgotten. I thought I had forgiven.

That's what they said back then, too.

Them being undiscounted perks could also work, though I'd have to up it. The point was to try and put an emphasis on being a donut steel, which. Let's be real, is kind of a fun part of the Sonic Comics. Any canon that has something called Eclipse the Darkling as a thing needs to be revelled in when it comes to ORIGINAL THE CHARACTER

At least in my eyes. Also kinda makes it easier to reconcile the Flavor.

Your dad can't judge you on the chain, user.

Depends on the context.

Freedom Fighter
Wanderer
From The Future! (Free)
Totally not Silver.
From Space! (600)
Totally not Shadow.
From Another Dimension! (300)
Totally not Nights.
With A Special Power! (0)
Totally not Sonic.
My Own Adventure Begins! (Free)
I Am All Of Me (Free)

I am going to find Eggman.

And I am going to punch him.

Really hard.

Whatever Modifiers I drop once I can make a real judgement on the actual perks will not change this fact.

IT'SNOUSEIT'SNOUSEIT'SNOUSEIT'SNOUSEIT'SNOUSEIT'SNOUSEIT'SNOUSEIT'SNOUSEIT'SNOUSEIT'SNOUSEIT'SNOUSEIT'SNOUSEIT'SNOUSEIT'SNOUSEIT'SNOUSE

A nursing home nearby had a resident drown just recently. Nobody noticed for ~8 hours.
Made worse by the fact that the resident had to be assisted to the tub in the first place, so they already knew where he was.

Penders doesn't have anything to do with that video What he did its worse

Jumper's can be like Buu and Elder Gods, they can have whatever gender and sex they want and it is impossible for others to define it.

Coxcon, kek.

Whatever happened to that webcomic thing you were working on with that edgy "The End" guy?

I'm intrigued by what I'm reading of the Searcher background. Which characters is that going to be based on?

I see the pattern was discovered
Sonic, future sonic, edgy sonic, and sonic of the air

combine
into snoic

Alfonzo has a dick

>snoic
We've gone too far.

What has science done?

It's in my WIPs, but I'm a bit of a spazzatron and decided "I'm going to read the Archie Sonic comics post-reboot cause why not"

and then after catching up went
"...I must begin writing."

>spoiler

STRANGE, ISN'T IT?

We're in for a whole world of Sanic memes aren't we.

So, nuke this Eggman from orbit?

Noice.

It's going to be basically the treasure hunter side of Knuckles(and his friend Relic the Pika) as well as Team Chaotix as a whole. Sort of a funny callback to Kamen Rider NH Part 1, actually, which had the archaeologist and detective roles merged into one there too

>"...I must begin writing."
How did you react to IDW being the one making the Sonic comics now?

Which is why he is a trap.

What webcomic?

Well, it's also like you say. Nursing homes in particular go for the really cheap shit, so that's what they get. There's also a stigma attached to it, working at a nursing home, BECAUSE it's cheap, and because nobody at a nursing home "gets better", it's just maintenance for people who either have no families or who have been shoved off from them.
It creates a really sad environment. It's cheap and bad and they pay for shit and it's looked down upon by the rest of the healthcare community. Just, everything about what goes into creating that environment is sad and terrible, and nobody cares.

I wish I could come up with some pithy remark here or say something uplifting, but really it's just terrible and sad.

Why the fuck not? Hell, he mostly lives in a giant sprawling metropolis-sized factory land staffed with robots, so collateral casualties would probably even be minimal.

I loves me some Eggman, but Archie's is something else. If anyone deserves to be nuked, it's him.

Relief, actually. See, I wasn't under any illusion Archie was going to pick shit back up. I can read the writing on the wall, and by the time people were confirming refunds for their subscriptions it was already over

So the Archie Continuity was dead in my eyes for a while, all I could hope was that they didn't just kill the concept of a sonic comic wholesale

Knowing that a reliable group was picking up the license just kinda put that at ease

What's a Saban? Who's the girl in the wheelchair? What's with the live-action/cartoon hybrid style?

I really think society should prioritize family care first, with things like nursing homes being a last resort. It's been proven that improves and preserves the lives and functionality of the elderly much longer.

Any characters/arcs you're sad to see go?

Might want to rethink that. While old Archie Eggman used to surround himself with only robots, now he has a lot of cyborg minions instead. Quite a few of those are innocents who were forcibly recruited into the Egg Army. Might end up killing them by accident if you just nuke him. Plus, killing him without taking down his empire first will just lead to all the Egg Bosses trying to kill each other and take the throne, and that will DEFINITELY kill a lot of innocents who are trapped between them.

It's been officially wiped off the internet but it was Bravoman, from Shiftylook.

youtube.com/watch?v=xIsGf_Vz2RQ

It had a bit of a last minute serious storyline in the face of getting canned by Bamco when it came to the comics, but the animated series didn't really get to do that. It still had a rather satisfying ending episode, though, as it was the season finale and there was a bit where the MC was worried about them not getting renewed so they basically crossed off the bucket list of adventures.they didn't have yet and then had a pretty neat ending sequence.

Honestly I think the fangirl chinchilla would make the only real run for it.

The squid has a job, the walrus and the orca hate each other too much to care about the Empire, the vulture and the antelope don't even want in, the buffalo and the snake have enough trouble keeping their bits in line, the mouth guy is doing an Australia thing and the witch and bird also have their own things.

Nothing a few dozen elite assassins and/or kill sats can't solve.

how old are you and what country are you from?

user, that video's pretty obscure and the audio quality is terrible. I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't get it.

Rabbit. I don't know why it is, but ever since I posted my writefagging on here I've chosen rabbits for my animal symbolism stuff.

Maybe I'm getting old and cranky
>Kids born in 2000 will be 18 next year