Redpill me on this coin. It is near ATH, which is usually a bad buy...

Redpill me on this coin. It is near ATH, which is usually a bad buy, but it feels like it's a smarter buy that bitcoin right now....

1. fees are killing bitcoin
2. it's better tech than bitcoin
3. it has had the highest gains by far this year of the Big 4 (10,000%!) but at only 730 a coin, it still has a lot of room to grow.
5. I predict at LEAST 5k by this time next year.

Other urls found in this thread:

coinmarketcap.com/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

2018 #1

OP Ethereum is like cash is to gold.
The cash can more easily be worked with, it also provides infrastructure to start your own coin and have a business on a massively used network.

It's the programmable version of Bitcoin.

I'm not touching eth again except for a few brief moon missions (plasma, Casper, etc).

Unlikely that it breaks 200b market cap next year. That's a 3x. NEO has at least another 10x in it. That's where my money is going

I'm starting to move my BTC position into ETH and XMR. Bitcoin Cash is going to forever fuck up Bitcoin's network as long the miners are jumping between the two.

Ultimate noob strategy for becoming rich in 2018:

>Have at least 1k to invest
>Buy 1 etherium. Hold all year.
>Use the remaining 300-200 dollars on various shitcoins trying to moon

If you're willing to do 2k, then buy 2 etherium, invest more in shitcoins. Repeat up to how much you're willing to invest starting out.

IF YOU FOLLOW THESE TIPS YOU LITERALLY CANNOT LOSE! SAFEST BET IN HISTORY!

ETH actually has users and dapps running right now. More transactions than all other cryptos combined. It is more than just promises. This is the best horse to have right now. I expect it to dethrone bitcoin next year.

What about deflation? Devolpers can give out as much ETH as they want?

Ethereum is blue-chip crypto.

It's not going to go lol100x in the next year, but it will most likely be the strongest cryptocurrency heading into the 2020s.

Ive been all in eth and xmr the past month or so and its been great. moved some into exchanges...been happy there...still need a lil ada rocket though and sell back to eth....speed and cost of fees dude

Eth is like the young prince who never got much love growing up. It is not a super hyped coin but once it sits in the kings chair it will blow up. Normies still do not understand ethereum and that is a great sign.. This is literally the first platform that will showcase the power of blockchain applications in society and it WILL benefit from first mover advantage perhaps moreso than bitcoin did

is 730 too much to buy eth for? been watching it all night, doesn't seem to drop much.

At this moment, ETH is the top dog. That might change though. It has competitors such as ADA and BCH.
BTC is just a brand name. It sucks.

Pretty much this with some Bitcoin Cash.

I have 6 etherium and my dad has another 6 I hope you're right cuz I'm all in baby.

Why would you hold 1 ETH? Why not use it to increase the shitcoin gains (and therefore ETH gains)?

I invested $1k in ETH, transferred it all to shitcoins and now I have 1.12 ETH in total.

The old strategy of trading shitcoins to increase your BTC wallet has shifted.
It's now about trading shitcoins to increase your ETH wallet.
That's really all you need to know.

I dont think market cap for coin count is what decides inflation/deflation. I think its that the dollar cant be counted. We have no idea how many are really out there. With ETH it can be kept track of.

Eth is not going to drop unless bitcoin drops too

I see ETH hitting $1k in January and then $1500 anywhere from April-June. This is the safest bet in crypto. It's not going to do any more insane 10x pumps but it actually has utility and is actually used to buy digital good and execute dApp operations.

this

is bitcoin done crashing? it seems to be dropping all night but eth isn't following it.

things have changed. ETH doesn't give a shit about BTC any longer. You better get used to it.

What does biz think about etc? When eth switches to pos, all the miners will flood etc

If you're banking on BTC's failure, then good on you, but you're dumb if you also plan on staying in any other cryptos when it happens

I have felt this way constantly for the past few weeks. However, I've seen the way that ETH has been fucked to shit in the past, so I'm hesistant.

I've currently got 90 BTC so if I were to move it all into ETH there wouldn't be any room for error.

what's a fair buy in price at the moment? keeps hovering around 730

come to your friendly neighborhood /icx/ thread

I know I won't be able to ultimately tell you what to do with your bitcoin, but I would highly suggest converting some/most of that into ether, or other coins that interest you. Bitcoin is a dying breed. Unlike the last market cycles, where alts surged while bitcoin bled and vice versa, this time is different. The overall market is growing so fast that bitcoin physically cannot handle it and people have become very turned off by the transaction fees. Also, people are realizing that the "store of value" nonsense is nothing more than a meme. Bitcoin was truly revolutionary, but I am afraid you will be left in the dust if you do not adjust. I sold all my bitcoin about a week ago. 0 regrets. Hope this doesn't come off as shilly as it may seem

When Ethereum switches to proof of stake, it no longer requires miners.

Also it's a phased-in process, to start only 1/100 blocks will be validated through Proof of Stake. Validators will stake large amounts of ETH, and transactions will pay dividends to those validators. Do you see what happens? ETH turns into something that will produce regular dividends, and the amount of ETH available on the market decreases significantly, because the majority of large holders will have their ETH locked up in Proof of Stake contracts to get those dividends... The network transaction speed is going to surpass VISA, we won't have energy usage concerns, and we won't be beholden to miners, and each ETH is going to be worth significantly more.

Ethereum fundamentally isn't controlled by miners the same way Bitcoin is, and by the 2020s, they won't exist at all.

I think you're right. However, I also think BTC has at least one more pump in it to $15k-$16k during the "return to normal" phase. I'll wait for ETH to go low and then buy.

Buy xem. It's literally touching aths, right now. Buy it anyway. buy more when it dips. Hold that shit. Thank me later.

Do you still have your BCH?

I understand the premise behind etherium

But what about LTC/Litecoin in terms of upward momentum + speed?

That said, LTC seems a lot more tied to BTC than ETH based on the charts

I sold that the first day. I hate Bcash.

> (You)
>When Ethereum switches to proof of stake, it no longer requires miners.
Yes, that's what I said. When pow is up for eth, all the miners who bought into the eth mining hype will switch to another coin, and it seems like etc is the most likely candidate.

>But what about LTC/Litecoin in terms of upward momentum + speed?
Litecoin is BTC beta test. It has almost no purpose. It's just dumb. Why do you think Charlie Lee sold it when it pumped to the moon.
No point in LTC if you get rid of BTC.

BCH is better.

ATH was 870 and right now it’s 726, so no it’s not near ATH. This is a good opportunity to buy in, the decoupling is happening soon

does a $10 price difference when you buy in really make a big difference?

like if you buy in at 730 vs 720?

No, buy low sell high, always. You don't know if shit will hit the fan and be a repeat of yesterday

what's a good buy in price for eth? doesn't seem to be touching 600s anymore today

>measuring the price in dollars
Fresh off the boat huh? It's pretty late to get into crypto.

>only a 730 coin

kill yourself and go back to lereddit

maybe wait a few days and see if btc will crash more. I dunno, I'm really tempted to buy more now too

Never doubt the Skelton

OP it's about marketcap. The price of the coin it's really what matters.

coinmarketcap.com/

ETH is second on marketcap and it's really only way to grow is by crypto as a whole growing a lot.

If you want gains, you go down the list further and invest in a good project and wait for it to moon.

Smart money buys ETH today, its cheap af.

Well it’s goig to 1k at least and when BTC dies off it has potential to hit a lot higher

Its hard to say. It did break though at 504, which I was there for and it happened quickly, but it shows a strong base at 610, there was another moment at 650, where it was rising and there was a crack that got filled in, but there wasn't a lot of volume, but you can consider that a new base as well. I'm just playing safe and the next dip i'll buy, if there isn't another dip, than I'll reconsider if the market stabilizes. It also depends on what BTC does, because the volume is insane and because of that, it affects other coins. If you just want in for alts, I guess it would be ok to join in

BTC will stabilize eventually, but ETH is definitely going to break $1k soon.

You guys remember when this thing got utterly rekt by a fucking cat game last week? How do you expect this to handle the pressure if it has to take over the reigns from BTC in a month? I wanna see BTC die to but I'm not convinced this is the answer.

This. I always measure my gains in eth, safest bet rn

would you be so kind as to explain to a humble retard why you leet early adopter chads measure value in sats or whatever-the-fuck else you're using now that btc is over?

Etc is the future, fuck this clone coin

because eventually you get so addicted to crypto that you stop caring about ever acquiring more US dollars

I only care about acquiring more Ethereum, now, not more USD (a shitcoin that's worth less and less every second of the day)

i decided to buy at 721.

rate my buy?

Because even if the price of some shitcoin is increasing in dollars, you're probably losing money in sats or whatever other unit of measure you like. It also doesn't make sense to measure something in dollars when you're not trading in dollar increments.

Ethereum already does more txs/day than all cryptos combined. Also, it hasn't even implemented nearly any scaling solutions (plasma, raiden, sharding, etc). Have faith in Vitalik and his team seriously ethereum will be the first coin to scale properly they are very good about setting realistic and achievable goals. Also, don't forget that Vitalik is a very humble dude and doesn't hype the shit out of everything to milk every update unlike some other coins that have nothing more than a whitepaper

but what about buying real things in real life?

There will be the occasional cash out, but assuming you gain wealth by keeping wealth in ETH, you dont want to leave.

>I predict
Shut the fuck up you ignorant piece of shit.
So many people just talk out of their ass in this place, literally shitting up the place
Be gone normie.

There is 5times more ETH than there is BTC, do the maths of what the marketcap needs to be for ETH to be 5k u dumb fuck

“Next year”
Gtfo.

Crypto is the future of money, but even if it's not that's a poorfag mentality.

You will only make it when you get in the habit of using capital only to expand capital.

Is spelling it "etherium" a meme or something?

Here's the thing:

Everything I buy in life (outside of property, in some cases) depreciates

- I won't buy a new car, because that's a deprecating asset. It's a huge waste of money. And I already *could buy a legit lambo with ethereum* but I drive a used civic and make use of public transit

- I can't put money into the stock market, because everything's at an all time high and we know a crash is imminent

- I can't put money into the bank, because god knows when the market does crash inflation is going to go out of control and even though i'll still have millions of dollars in the bank, they'll all have depreciated siginficantly

so here's what I do: acquire more ETH, keep going to my day job, and occasionally pull some money out of ETH for skills courses (I'm becoming a private pilot for fun right now)

Wow, having a bad day user? No need to be so aggressive...IMO, Op is not crazy with a 5k eth prediction. Simple maths would prove that at 5k per eth the market cap of ethereum would be just under half a trillion. This is so achievable it pains me to see you doubting this. Bitcoin's market cap is what, 234bn right now? and it is a dead currency, literally. Just imagine what ethereum could be worth when life changing blockchain applications are running on it every day.

Nice man. I'm becoming a private pilot too. I just started a few weeks ago.

Buy an old collectible car btw. They get you street cred while still appreciating.

>do the maths

lol you totally fucked up the math, 5000 / ETH only a few hundred billion away, that's literally nothing, cryptocurrencies already have a half trillion dollar market cap

but are you going to cash out someday, after the next economic crisis, or do you think the world will run on ethereum by then and you won't even use fiat?

also is there any point in a poorfag nocoiner accumulating eth in 2018?

I'll trade some Ethereum for stocks and bonds when the market undergoes the gigantic correction that's long overdue...

I don't plan to hold large amounts of fiat ever. Holding USD is playing with fire. Cryptocurrencies are the future, simple as that.

Nobody cares about that unless you will use it to move funds.

On gdax when btc drops it almost goes down the same exact %

>"etherium"

I legit turn all of my paychecks straight into Ethereum and Ripple at whatever the price is on any given Friday evening, so yes, the point of accumulating is that your cryptocurrency won't be subject to rampant inflation, and won't lose value long term.

When you hold fiat for any length of time, you have a guaranteed (literally 100% probability) loss of value over time

stopped happening as of about 4 hours ago.

currently: btc - 2.4 eth +4

still happening with ltc tho. hopefully it breaks away, too.

>at whatever the price is on any given Friday evening

how's that going? i've heard of that recently, and i heard it's pretty successful. i've spent the last 4 hours sitting here deciding between about a 20$ difference in eth price.

i can't convince myself that in the long run a $20 difference won't matter.

>redpill

I really tired of you lazy /pol/ fags infecting this board with your brainlet presence.

kys with a big black dildo faggots.

>send $200 BTC from wallet to exchange
>didn't want to pay large miner fee so I cut it in half
>it's been 5 days and not a single confirmation

Did I just lose it all or what?

>hodl on buying in, acquire no gains.
Solid logic there.

It doesn't matter at all. I started with $500 in May and now I have well over a million. $20 is literally nothing. What matters is getting crypto to trade for other crypto and multiplying your supply.

day of the rope is coming, mohammed

I can’t believe people still buy Bitcoin after reading shit like this. Have you ever tried moving ETH? It’s super fast.

Bitcoin was a mistake.

Stay broke brain dead larper.

well, so far i've made $10k in about 3 months, all i do is buy and hold.

do you buy/sell a lot of different coins multiple times a day? i started buying ripple, too. i'm a bit nervous to buy into the risky coins that i have to buy/sell real quick to make a profit.

average net worth of white people is over 100x that of shitskins.

I just happened to have it from some pocket change from a year ago. The BCH I magically acquired transferred instantly. I really can't understand how BTC could possibly have any future at all. Maybe I'm just naive but I can't think of a single practical application for it.

Yes. I never buy and hold. I always daytrade back to BTC at the end of the day.

That said, I might be switching over to ETH as my currency of accumulation pretty soon. It's just that the ETH markets are so shitty compared to the BTC ones.

Fortunately it is depressing the price of the good crypto for the moment so we can acquire more. the fools will still go all in on BTC and eventually be holding bags.

4u

Well about my initial question; do you know how long this could take? Days? Weeks? Months? Years?

Nothing would surprise me honestly, 60 tx/minute with a pool of 170k and low priority. I should have just paid the full $35 or whatever it was.

I can't imagine eth going up much higher, maybe 2k at best because unlimited coins.

Bitcoin is in a bad spot and BCH is basically bitcoin and I'm all in on BCH. I don't care about the drama or the politics. I follow the money.

we're still too early into cryptos to say that, but eth definitely is a decent choice, especially with development behind it.

I think the scarcity effect on ether when Pos is implemented will be magnitudes greater than what people are expecting...when a lot of people are going to lock up their ether to stake it is when the real moon will occur. However, because it will be a gradual shift from pow to Pos it is harder to pinpoint when this scarcity will kick in

Probably Months. But who knows, shit can happen overnight in crypto. Too much vested interested right now in keeping BTC alive but the warning signs are everywhere: full mempool, getting dropped by just about all commercial uses. the store of value argument is bullshit. fees stupid high. controlled by chinese miners/ASICs. energy cost completely retarded.

How do you pick the coins you are going to buy and how do you know when to sell?

Negative correlation as of today. Hoping this decoupling is permanent.

SHIT!

You can't maths, user. You should stick to browing Veeky Forums and /mlp/.

ETH is garbage tech to be honest

Except the only thing it's showcased is that it's a buggy pile of shit and is extremely vulnerable to loads of security holes