I was reading the Princess Bride...

I was reading the Princess Bride, and at the start there's a long section where the text explains why Buttercup is 'the most beautiful woman in the world' and it got me thinking, who is the most beautiful woman in my setting, and then I thought, does it matter?

So, Veeky Forums, I ask you. Who is the most beautiful woman in your settings, and does it matter?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mqmIMvWnIV8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Everyone agree that the princess is most beautiful young lady in the whole empire!

I mean, everyone who likes his head on his shoulders.

Quenn Asta Orlov wife to Stanislas Orlav the King of the Nordo-Slavic Empire. It is said by the peasantry she's harlot and general unfaithful to the great king. Some say she has an ongoing affair with the Primarch of the Middle Europan Concord.

She is most definitely having an affair. King doesn't give a fuck though dudes drowning in pussy.

It's like a cascade where there's always a most beautiful woman in the world and the goddess of love BTFO of them in jealousy, one after the other.

One man's trash... and all that. The concept has always been ludicrous to me, to be honest. If the very act of trying to push it on me doesn't ruin it from the word go, she gets maybe a few weeks or months of me thinking so and then I'd spot some other hottie and *invariably* move the fuck on.

I am :3

She really was the ONLY good female character in those fucking books

Game I'm currently playing in is set in Faerun so I'm guessing probably some high ranking priestess of Sune somewhere? I'm sure there's a cannon answer I could find if I cared enough.

Probably one of the Marysues of Myst- I mean, Chosen of Mystra. The ones Elminster goes around rutting on the reg. cause he's not a self insert nosiree.

What about Moirane? And that old desert hag Sorilea?

ALL OF THEM TURN INTO BIG TITTY WITCHES AND FUCK ELMINSTER

*tugs braid*

Ahhh, the wonders of medieval love. Where you knew your spouse was shagging everyone they could and only pretended to care when it became public

fucking Scotts ruining everything for Camelot

A devil queen who is the personification of beauty to whoever looks at her. No one sees her the same way because everyones ideal is personal.

What if my ideal of beauty is a good and noble person

She does impressions.

Define goodness or nobility as something other then a social construct agreed upon by a community.

Fair enough
Fuck off edgelord

Where do creatures able to change their appearance fall?

So she's a demonic version of Max Stirner with tits?

Schrodinger's Beauty.

Morvaine of Shaeel.

She's not a princess or a queen or anything to the PCs haven't heard of her by name. Morvaine is a prominent noble among the slaver houses of the Black Isle elves. She's a vicious raider known whose fleet terrorizes the eastern coasts of both main continents the game is set in. Many elves of the Black Isles believe she cheated somehow to achieve her incredible beauty, and a good few of the most daring islander raids to press inland in search of greater trophies are in fact attempts by young elvish noblemen to impress her.

Her beauty will only really matter if the PCs ever actually meet her or get involved in Black Isle politics.

A ghost that's an amorphous ball of rapidly pulsating light. Once you glimpse her, you cannot look away, you can't blink, you do nothing but stare at the beautiful strobe of colors and vague female shapes. Eventually your eyes burn out of their sockets and you starve to death.

An orc warlord that pissed of a wizard, said wizard cursed him.

I honestly hadn't given it any thought... But now you mention it, it's such a common theme in myth and story that I really ought to...

Protip if you ever find yourself in a Greek myth: Don't be more beautiful than Aphrodite. It never ends well, unless your name is Psyche, in which case you won the fucking jackpot and get to have one of the very few happy endings in Greek mythology!

Where'd Psyche find an asian massage parlour?

She got to marry Aphrodite's son; be best buds with Persephone; Athena, Hera and Demeter were all on her side and; and she ends up getting Zeus to marry her and Eros and turn Psyche into a goddess, because it'd make Aphrodite a grandmother and that's fucking hilarious.

The twin godesses residing in the capital's temple-palace are generally considered to be the apex of beauty for all.
Their physical manifestations can change depending on their dominant aspect (sun, subterfuge, fertility, rulership and compassion as well as moon, war, dreams, truth and strength respectivly), so exactly what the standard of beauty is can change massively over the years.
As far as mortals go, people have fought wars over a certain empress of a nearby country in the past, for her beauty was said to match that of the divine. That said, it is unclear if that's actually true or if people just fought over her vast and rich land under that pretense.

Lady knight Gertrude Mellendorf who due to her too firm principles fucked up the acquisition of land for her family. Again. She was friends with the queen and didn't want to fuck with the king who lusted after her. There also was maybe some bodily harm involved that can't be easily explained. So she was booted from the capital for "disrespect to His Majesty" and can't even marry unless someone wants to go against the king.

Her family while being of very old noble blood tries to get the land for almost 200 years but always fails. They tried marriages (everything either goes to shit or someone dies), just buying it (lost most of their fortune), working for it (screwed up a couple of times) and so on. The only thing they didn't try to this moment is just killing people and taking it by force. After incident with the king Gertrude started considering just murdering her way to land ownership.

Assuming gods don't count, then it'd have to be one of Sune's Chosen because that's supposed to be their entire thing. She had two around the start of 5E, Joelle Emmeline (who died a bit afterward) and Gaelyse Cormaeril. The latter is still alive as far as is known, and currently runs a festhall (read: brothel) in Suzail, the capital of Cormyr.

So probably her. And bonus, since she's running a brothel, it the players play their cards right they might get to fuck her.

>it the players play their cards right they might get to fuck her
Sounds like one hell of a poker game.

In case they lose poker game she probably will fuck the PCs.

Implying that beauty is objective.

A knight NPC raised to a young baroness for service to the crown, in the kingdom of Kerandight. She was an adventurer and already almost supernaturally attractive, but at the conclusion of an adventure came across a Deck of Many Things.

So being an adventurer, and not entirely knowing what the Deck was and just that it granted powerful magic, she pulled a card, which happened to be the Throne. For her service, which was the death of a dragon that suddenly happened to have been blackmailing the royal family for several years, she was made a baroness and granted a castle.

Before she drew the card, the dragon had just been morphing the countryside around it into swamps and misery by its presence. After drawing the card, it was doing it posthumously deliberately and forcing the royal family to pay thousands upon thousands to it in exchange for it not doing the same thing everywhere.

Basically, the card gave her the castle as well as "supernatural presence", which coupled to her beauty elevated her to the believed position of "most beautiful woman in the world", or at least most beautiful on the continent. It's weird because it's almost a supernatural effect. She'd have already been in the top three beforehand but the Deck got her over the line.

The party hasn't met her yet, she hasn't been at court recently owing to her duties as Watcher of the East Wave and an upswing in piracy. If they go out in that direction they'll almost certainly encounter her, one of the PCs is a noble and it'd be a good political marriage for his family to be tied with the new Watcher.

are you fucking 12?

Wait waiiiiit.
This is some MLP shit.

That seems a stretch. Sun/rulership and moon/dreams are part of an assload of deity portfolios and the none of the other dominions match up with Celestia and Luna (which I assume you are referring to).

The only true luxury is variety, and familiarity breeds contempt, thus the most attractive being is constantly able to adapt their appearance to match changing demands and preferences

Thus The Thing is my waifu

Well, she does have sgreat tracts of land.

Sorilea was awesome, but I wouldn't have expected her to be considered one of the most beautiful women in the setting.

Of coarse it matters...if it didn't matter things like this wouldn't happen.
youtube.com/watch?v=mqmIMvWnIV8

the title would have to go to either Scarred Courtesan, single most successful bounty hunter in the entire realm, or 'ele'ele alohilohi, one of the heads of state.

so I mean, insult one or the other at your own peril. one will probably just ban you from entering her country, while the other might just take enough offense to hunt you down personally.

There's actually an objective answer to this in my setting. For a couple thousand years, Strass, demigod of art, has been making heirs with his heirs as a weird eugenics program. After completing his project for an ideal, he then cursed one heir with eternal youth and tattooed her entire body with increasingly elaborate markings similar to a fractal illuminated manuscript. The unready mind beholding her will go mad. She herself has been locked in a tower her entire life, as a literal objet d'art. Death would be a mercy.
so. not really very sexy. But beautiful nonetheless.

Disregarding all the gods, it's probably the vampire queen. Being an immortal queen of a nation and the chosen champion and maybe even reincarnation of a goddess will do that.

MelĂșcia, the goddess of Pleasure, Beauty and Love. The reason being that her appearance reflects the viewer's ideals, desires or lusts. Some of them see a better version of themselves, some see the woman or man of their dreams, the same person may see different things every time, no one sees the same thing.

So, if you count shapechangers, in Calgia it's probably the Countess De'Fajeld, who's about 70 years old, looks like she's in her early 30's, and is also probably the most powerful human on the planet buck naked. She is an accomplished horticulturalist (being able to psionically graft and grow plants), surgeon (dito, but for people), chimerist (dito, but for any living creature), spymaster, as well as being a veritable living blender in personal combat.
If she isn't appointed as the next Chancellor of Darantasia, everyone but her will be very surprised.

In terms of non-shapechangers, the Empress of Desmol is a fantastic academic, being one of the most brilliant mages that the Empire has ever produced. Everyone says that she is the... loveliest... person they have ever set their eyes on, though given that the marriage between her and the Emperor was entirely political this is not entirely surprising.
That being said, she has a vast cult surrounding her, for being the Empress, being a multi-discipline mage (in the low hundreds), being a decent person in a blood soaked, expansionist empire, as well as the fact that she has begun directly communing with the Spirit of the country, forcing every person who is living in the territories controlled by the Desmol to think of her with some frequency.

For non-magical people, the third daughter of the prince of Maquin is an athletic, educated, and sophisticated young woman, where depending on how the coins fall, could soon be the unquestioned ruler of 1/4th of the southern hemisphere at the head of an army of brutal, experienced warriors who can harness the might of their ancestors by channeling animal spirits.

*smoothes skirts*

A reclusive vampire bio-engineer.
She's the setting's source of cryptids, mutants and plagues, yet nobody has been able to put an end to her life in the centuries that her existance has been known to the common man. Whomever enters her tower alone loses their purpose, whomever comes as a group will invariably turn on each other. Rumor has it this happens because she is so beautiful you can't fathom doing or letting others do her harm.

People generally leave her alone because there's no evidence that her experiments are any more malignant than the cocky wizards making it rain fire by accident.

>Who is the most beautiful woman in your settings
My waifu, adapted to be a minor NPC that won't come up without a lot of exploring and going off the beaten path.
>does it matter?
It does to me.

>Who is the most beautiful woman in your settings
I never really though about it.
But, barring magical beauties, I suppose the baroness of one of most important port cities in the world would be widely regarded as the most beautiful woman alive.
She was a bard that seduced, married, and succeeded the former Baron and runs her citystate far more smoothly than he ever did.
Her beauty aids her negotiations, but it is her intellect and wisdom that allow her to rule with such success.

>does it matter?
Tell the man, Carl.

I see, I see

Your Appearance score is replaced by your Art score

In terms of mortals would be the lesbian secret daughter of an exiled noble who manages a kind of supernatural spy-agency (being himself a stupidly powerful swordman) in an enemy country. The woman is the principal in the most important boarding school for young ladies, where she recruits agents, people with supernatural talents, and lovers.

>who is the most beautiful woman
Nest of Wales

I too am watching Princess Principal.

There is always someone who finds the obese palatable.

Senior VP of Operations for Proteus Surface Ships, who has, in her tenure in the position, launched nearly 15,000 ships.

It doesn't matter... I don't know. Probably some sort of goddess or spirit of beauty? It's a primitive tribal setting with lots of minor gods, about ten for every tribe.
But there is a sexiest orc woman in the world, even if she's not beautiful. It's an experienced and ambitious adventurer who decided to unite as many clans as she could under her banner, and lead them to the world's conquest. So from an orcish viewpoint, that's very sexy.

shouldn't the chains of that pendant sink into he cleavage before emerging overtop the dip in the middle of her dress?