What's the best sin to fluff demons around and why is it sloth?

What's the best sin to fluff demons around and why is it sloth?

It's tax evasion.

why tax evasion?

> implying tax evasion isn't a virtue to begin with

>why is it sloth
Because you can get lazy

Decay.

And Gregory the 1st can suck it.
8 sins > 7 sins.

Split despair back out of sloth.
Split futility back out of pride.
Throw envy in the trash, where it belongs.

Taxation is theft. Struggling against it is noble.

You don't have to be mad because envy is a better sin than you could come up with.

Lust has the best demons.
So much more fun than the other sins.

Tax evasion is a chaotic deed. Has nothing to do with Good-Evil axis.

Envy or pride. I'm not sure what you do with sloth to make a useful villain out of it, to be honest.

Minions of Mammon detected.

Anyway if you're going seven deadlies then Pride is the superior choice for the thinking man's archdemon. He doesn't need to waste a lot of time on superficial crap like eating a lot or slutting it up, he just wants to see his absurdly overambitious schemes succeed, and if he gets to do some grandstanding in the process so much the better.

>Let's make our archdemon villain's personality exactly the same as nearly every other serious villain

Let's not.

Sloth villain:
Corrupted priest/cardinal/pope preaching trust in god while preventing active solutions to the problems at hand, such as discouraging seeking treatment during a pandemic.

Sloth is boring without despair though

Sloth along with laziness also contains depression and loss of motivation, you could have a sloth demon who pretends to console the emotionally vulnerable but he really just encourages them to give up and slowly descend into depression before killing themselves

I'll tell you later...

Sins are committed by choice and are active and terrible evils.

Sloth isn't depressed, Sloth is consciously negligent, lazy, uncaring, maybe even comfortably nihilistic. Stagnant, silent, dampening.

Wrath isn't mindless rage, it's conscious desire for violence against someone, it's vengeance, untempered anger, bitterness and hatred you willfully wallow in because that's what makes sense to you. It's a personal thing. Victims, the wronged, might be wrathful.

Lust is always very conscious, and it isn't just sex. Lots of sins overlap, I think. I think lust is immaterial, it's lust for experience more than sensation. I think is Lust is fleeting and spasmodic, but its momentary hunger is fearsome. Lust turns its eye on you and it will get you.

Greed is Lust's baser sibling. It's material, food, drink, wealth, possessions. An obsessive hoarder. It's less directed, but this doesn't make it any less dangerous. Hope you don't get noticed, because unlike with Lust, you won't get cast aside when its finished with you.

Envy is a little tricky. It's related to both Lust and Greed, but contains an element Wrath. Likewise, Envy may very well be found in those, too. It's situational. Envy seeks not just to take, but to tear down, too. There's a little of the 'if I can't have it, neither can you' mentality in Envy. It would seek to use what it desires against you. It's a fickle, unpredictable thing.

Jealousy is sneaky and manipulative, it is a creature of infighting and betrayal and paranoia. It often leads to sins like Wrath.

Pride is a fearful, ignorant and indomitable beast. It exists at the expense of others. It creates its own illusion of reality. It grows strong with adversity and digs deep. There are very few things as dangerous as hurt Pride.

>Let's make the wheel square
Innovation for its own sake is bad user.

A pretty big thing with sloth is it counts as a greater sin for a smart and wise man to be slothful then a foolish one. The main time I used a demon of sloth the idea was that a human was given the power of the lord of sloth. Making him stupidly powerful but also causing him to lack motivation.

The idea was that you could stop him but if you push too far he'll get motivated long enough to attempt to murder you and likely will succeed. So you need to attack his henchmen and keep him out of the loop of what is going on exploiting his desire for inaction. And stopping his spreading plans to increase his sins strength.

Pride as far as sins go will tend to get fucked up though. Pride as a sin is feeling pride beyond your station. So basically they are one of the most self destructive sins that will tend to reach above there limits and die. The others at least will tend to know their limits.

I think I've read somewhere that sin in Calvinist theology was any deviation from gods intended role for you and hince inappropriate emotional reactions were sins, my memory is fuzzy though