So where did all the Pariahs go? Were they just retconned out or are they partying in the warp or something?

So where did all the Pariahs go? Were they just retconned out or are they partying in the warp or something?

They haven't been retconned, but they also haven't really been used again. They're just kinda "there" in the fluff.

Retconned out to make way for garbage

Ok so they are sitting in the warp partying with Malice and the other things that didn't get the luxury of being updated or squatted.

>Were they just retconned out

Yes.

Yep they were retconned. Goo thing too, their fluff made absolutely no sense at all.

Correct response.

How so? They were awesome and it gave the galaxy another end other than Chaos winning.

Their fluff made perfect sense. The Pariah were said to the next jump in the evolution of the Necron. In the image of the future where the Oldcron won, you don't see regular Necrons. You only see groups of Pariahs leading masses of slaves to the C'tan feasting grounds.

Why is that? The Necrons cannot reproduce. Ultimately their numbers will whittle down to nothing. There is so much phasing and Necrodermis can do when entire Tomb Worlds are blown up and Necrons being vaporized or malfunction.

So here are the Pariahs, made from the living to be the C'tan perfect enforcers and manifestation of their vision of the galaxy. The Necrons will go to extinction while their descendants the Pariahs will continue to survive the C'tan Gods.

Furthermore, as evidence how the Newcron fluff is so badly written is that unlike the Oldcrons they didn't address the whole numbers issue. Newcrons are perma-losing tomb worlds and armies left and right. Their armies are not coming back. They aren't gonna get replaced. Necrons will only grow weaker as time goes and the Newcrons have no means to solve this problem. That lowers the menace of the Necrons by a whole lot.

Really? An ancient race converted to robots by evil gods to reap the galaxy of souls, go to sleep, wake up and reap the galaxy of souls again...

Oh but wait, this time, let's make some human ones, but they have to be nulls. Because we ctan be cuh-razy like that!

It was the only part of oldcron lore that didnt fit with the rest, and frankly made no sense. It's all a moot point, because newcron lore is better anyway.

If the pariahs were to be the next evolution, then why did they have to use nulls? Nulls were more rare than psykers. It doesn't make sense.

Again, moot point. Necrons are better off with newcron lore.

>newcron lore is better anyway.
Wow, how does it feel to have shit taste.

There is no reason for them to not exist with newcron lore though. Some Phaeron going around turning blanks into crons because he can would not stand out.

>liking a race of literal npc's for the imperium to kill

>wake up and reap the galaxy of souls again...
>Oh but wait, this time, let's make some human ones, but they have to be nulls. Because we ctan be cuh-razy like that!
You don't know anything about Oldcron lore, do you?

The entire plan of the C'tan was to seal off the warp, hence all the pylons around the galaxy like on Cadia. That's why they wanted nulls, to better combat the warp and those that use it.

You are a dumbass. They have to be nulls because that means that they become the perfect counter for the only thing that can harm the C'tan. Psychic powers and Chaos.

The C'tan seeded the gene in humanity's monkey ancestors from the get go.

>Nulls were more rare than psykers. It doesn't make sense.

Pariahs are 1 in billion humans. There are countless trillions of humans in the galaxy. That's enough pariahs around to create an unstoppable army that will because ruin the day of the Eldar and the Chaos forces.

Furthermore, the Pariah gene can be passed down from a mother to her offspring. See what the Sisters of Silence were doing in 31M to 41M. They were fucking and speading the genes around adding more to their numbers. Human slave populations can be made to breed an pariahs.

What is a moot point is that you are dumb. Now please KYS. Your genes must not be allowed to spread.

When did this thread become about Orks or Tyranids or Tau or Eldar or any race that isn't the Imperium's forces.

Oldcrons were relevanta as the main BBEG besides Chaos. Newcrons are not relevant at all in the plot. Totally ignored by GW and sidelined.

They adress this by playing Calvinball. "They can totally make copies. And sort of keep their numbers that way."

>as the main BBEG besides Chaos
See

How the hell are they BBEGs? None of them can hold a candle to the Imperium and neither can the Newcrons.

I'm pretty sure the Orks and Tyranids have almost destroyed or at least caused potentially crippled the Imperium a few times, you do have a point with the Tau or Eldar.

The Orks have never been more than a nuisance to the Imperium and a punching bag to show how strong Marines are. And Tyranids have bene neutered in the new fluff, they aren't even a threat anymore.

They should be used as the basis for the Vampire Counts of 40k.

Fucking ay. The C'tan are even called Star Vampires. Vampire Counts would have been so much better a theme for Necrons than Tomb Kigs.

>Oldcrons were relevanta as the main BBEG besides Chaos.

lol, no

Though I did enjoy their concept of a non-warp based and even anti-warp faction. Something that doesn't use nor care about the warp and is actively working against it. Even the Tau had their jump drives, derived from warp drives.

But then C'tan started eating souls and Necrons began using the webway as their means of FTL. Yet the whole bio-electricity life-force thing still exists, not with Admech instead of the C'tan.

Why not both? Eldar have like five sub factions, the Imperium has something like 20. Necrons don't got shit.

rebranded as lycheguard.

Oh man all the oldcronfags squirming

Newcrons were the right choice. We already have Tyranids, we don't need robo-tyranids as well to "eradicate the galaxy of all life because it's a totally original plot device"

No, we needed Robo-Eldar except with a dumber premise. Of course.

Also Oldcrons didn't want to eradicate life from the galaxy. You should stop speaking stuff you know nothing about. You only make yourself look dumb.

Oldcrons were literally npc race. At least orks, Tau, chaos, various eldar, hell even genestealer cults, all have character.

It's really all about a degree of player projection. Having something with the capacity the player can self-insert to a degree.

All armies, barring tyranid being the exception, have the opportunity for it (even GSC). Newcrons created that as a player could create their own dynasty with his own agenda. It provides much more freedom for the player.

Yeah, because what the 40k universe desperately needed was a bunch of wacky honorabru aliens
>the crazy necron lord keeps inviting enemies over for krumpets and his doting butler has to keep covering for him :DDD such fun shenanigans!
I don't give a fuck about oldcrons but at least they were inoffensive instead of memespouting faggots.

Nope, Oldcron lords were said to have retain an echo of themselves and a number of named Oldcron lords emoted their feelings. There is also the Xenology oldcron lord who had a conversation with an Inquisitor.

The Oldcrons could have been expanded upon instead of the retardation that is the Newcron lore which no honest person would consider good. It robbed the Necrons from all that made them unique. Even the most basic theme of the Necrons being a silent army was violated with the warriors, Immortals, Flayed Ones now bellow, bray, and scream in battle. Not to mention that warrior hymns of the Lychguard, the chants of the crypteks, the laughing and hooting of the destroyers, and finally the Overlords who broadcast their speeches planet wide. It's violation at the most basic level.

Yeah, because an intergalactic superpredator comprised of billions of individual monsters bent on consuming all organic matter in the galaxy to grow further and a race of anti-chaos robotic slaves to a couple of star vampires who want to destroy all life have so much in common right?

The Newcron rewrite wasn't needed for that and it was done in such away that it ruined the image of the Necrons and screwed with their themes.

This is why I really like newcrons. It just seems cooler and gives me more to work with for your-dudes.

So is a white paper. A blank paper would have been better than the hack job that was the Newcrons.

I say it has been pleasant carrying on the conversation despite the autistic screechings of oldcronfags surrounding us.

>Nulls were more rare than psykers. It doesn't make sense
You mean, except for the part where Necrons fucking HATE psykers and so making Null Necrons is a good idea to them?

It has indeed, fellow patrician. Quite.

You mean you plugging your ears and pretending that responded arguments and old fluff in the thread don't exist.

Looking to your posts.

1-You didn't know that Oldcron lords could talk and had their own personalities
2-You had no idea why the Pariahs were being created and what was their history
3-You think that the Oldcron objective was wiping life from the galaxy when its clearly stated otherwise in their codex

You are a total ignorant and rude person and I have no idea why are you plaguing this thread with your presence.

You know how weak the argument for the Newcrons is when you see that only defense for it is "It allows me to have my dudes" which is a an absolute non-argument considering that the Oldcron fluff could have been expanded to allow that without compromising the themes of the Necrons.

There is no one defending the Newcron writing for its own merit because it has no merit.

That and a race enslaving their gods makes for some good stuff. Usually it's the other way around.

Yeah I never really got into necrons until they changed their fluff around 6th(5th?) Edition (don't really remember exactly when desu), but it just jived better with me. Still haven't collected them yet, but they're on my future plans list.

We already have fluff of Szeras capturing a Culexus and going "hey this is awesome, I bet I can do it better!". Currently it stops after he provokes the high lords of terra into sending more Culexus against him, but it's clear it's there to support an eventual reintroduction of Pariah.

>f terra into sending more Culexus against him

No, they sent an Execution Force. Which is a 4 man force made out each type of the main assassins of the Imperium.

Assuming that he defeated the Execution Force which is high unlikely, he has the grand total number of two Culexus assassins in his possession. Hardly enough numbers to do anything with.

>which is high unlikely

The Tau did that. The TAU. A Cryptek can probably do that as a downtime between one project and another.

That wasn't really an Execution Force. An Execution Force has all four assassins working in tandem to take down a single target.

Here is the lore.

It was still an execution force. Pic related is the page from Mont'ka. You are talking as raping established fluff isn't the norm for Tau books.

Of course I forgot the image

user dont u dare bring dat clown shiet to MUH GRIMDERP 40K OT FOR ADOOLTS >:(

Really? Huh, didn't know that.

Well if they come back in the new codex, I'll be happy. Don't even mind the Newcrons that much, it was just the lack of pariahs that bugged me.

>Tyranids have bene neutered in the new fluff, they aren't even a threat anymore.

what

Say it ain't so!

>why aren't they an I Win Button waaaah

Eat shit, no reason why my necrons shouldnt fuck your snowflakes sideways.

Really. I would have used them as deathmarks because I think the look the part better. But I guess lychguard with warscythes makes more sense. Maybe triarch praetorians with rods of covenant. Because the weapon has both a shooting and melee profile

It's not true they were replaced by them not rebranded.

>because newcron lore is better anyway.
>I WANT AN ORK TO PISS IN MY MOUTH.jpg
Your taste is not just shit, it's irredeemable. And your complete lack of critical awareness is why your taste will never be good despite however many times you tell yourself it's good. Rather, it will remain bad because of how staunchly you tell yourself everything you like is good.

Not him but same could be said for you as well. And the sad thing is how I don't think you see it.

Were removed from the 5th edition cron codex because they were too unique, not a tomb kings equivalent