Connected to GopNet...

>Welcome back to /srg/, chummer
>Last Viewed Files:
>Fencing_Military_Surplus.knwsft
>Miracle_Shooter_Strategy_100%_Win_Rate_Rush_B.trid
>Modern_Kalashnikov_Maintenance_And_You.knwsft
>Cyberbass_Club.sim

Personal Alerts
* Your Current Rep Score: 2 (0% Positive)
* You have 1 new private message, titled 'Cyкa, вы дoлжны пpeкpaтить coздaвaть нoвыe yчeтныe зaпиcи, или мы зaблoкиpyeм вaшy ccылкy'
* Your Chummer > Tools > Options books list has been unchecked github.com/chummer5a/chummer5a/releases
* Cloud File Storage: pastebin.com/SsWTY7qr
* Running KarkovSim.BTL...

>Squat on heels
>Conserve cigarettes
>Do not buy CGL books
>And never, ever cut a deal with a dragon

Slav Edition
What have you played from the eastern bloc?
Tell us about the Vory house you just raided. How'd it go?
How precisely does your ShadowSlav mill about between jobs?
Do the westerners know you are among them?
What have you converted a rented Commiebloc squatter lifestyle into?
Approximately how many cigarettes do you go through a day?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=oPXuy2i4Mdo
youtube.com/watch?v=6EZCBSsBxko
youtube.com/watch?v=i3yYHPwFO2k
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Been doing a good job blending in. A westener discovered me so I had to spit venom in his face.

I like the idea of you having to hack to spit up first, making that loud throat clearing sound as you fill your mouth with acid very loudly and slowly as everyone watches you in stunned disgust.

I just hung out with my globetrotting linguist buddy. No matter how often he tells me I'm wrong, I refuse to believe all slavs are not the same. I was thinking of someone for my character to be racist towards, and I may have just found it

>promoting cancersticks

ugh

>associating something with slavs
>promoting it

Why would knowing actual subhumans do something make me want to do it?

Enjoy your anus, kid.

>Ugh.
BBEG.

>A future where you can grow new lungs in a vat, all your food is made from soy or bugs, and all your water has more chemicals than a Chinese river in it
>oh noo I'll get lung cancer

Cyкa.

>we can grow new lungs in a game of pretend, so let's smoke cancersticks IRL

Way to tard it up, memester.

I once discovered a westener who tried to become slav. He had bioware installed to mimic natural slav genetic abilities. His bioware allowed him to secrete natural good time slav hormones, spit venom, run like slav, and punch like slav.

>To daft to understand that the question is directed towards peoples characters smoking habits
>Calls other people tards
Was the short bus a fun place?

Not him but the OP is very obviously asking how many cigarettes your character smokes. But even if it wasn't, do you think some user on the internet promoting cigarettes would influence literally anyone? And even if it did, why the fuck do you care what other people do with their bodies?

You're the cancer user.

If the players don't get their own getaway driver, is it acceptable to make the NPC getaway driver something of an extremely dangerous, possibly-trap option?

If I am the getaway driver, how do I make my fellow runners fear for their life whenever I am driving?

>first session today
>party (that showed up) is cowboy adept, cyber troll monster hulk, and smelly Ork decker nerd
>party starts off being kidnapped and tied up
>being tortured into accepting a job for the mob by low level thug
>cowboy and troll break out and say they'll accept if they get a real cut and threaten the thug
>he attacks, they kill him
>GM complains campaign is irreparably derailed
Who's in the wrong here?

Your GM is a railroading retard who should be dragged into the street and shot. His actions don't even make sense, the troll and adept were totally fine staying on the railroad but it sounds like he was top much of a butthurt bitch to go along.

Get a new GM.

Drive shitfaced with a penalty to all your Pilot Ground tests.

I think you know the answer to that, user.
The people who didn't show up.

What's the best way to play an adept? Pure macho man Randy Savage, Samurai-san, or a mix of gunplay and either weapon or fists?

>Who's in the wrong here?
No one.

Or the GM, for creating a progression point where an NPC was presented as an enemy and required to continue. Introduce a smarter mob flunky (preferably someone who doesn't meet in person) with an offer that results in the same mission.

Game on; the group now has to make reparations for the death of a mob thug, and the job.

>magic Randy Savage
>Centering is elbow drops

I've never wanted something so much in my life.

Tell the players "If this car goes lower than 50 miles per hour it will explode."

"Oh, what's this!? He's going for a Judo flip!"

"Do you think he's going for the elbow drop?"

"I think he is."

"Here it comes!"

"That man has a family!"

"Elbow drop! Elbow drop!"

"My god, his chest cavity has just caved in! His organs have been reduced to mush! The poor corporate security guard had no idea he was going to meet a gruesome end today!"

Now I'm imagining a Jim Ross weapon personasoft

What's your character's street name and how did they get it?

My friend and I are learning how deckers work, and we just finished our first session. It went great, but I've got a few questions.

1. If a Hack on the Fly test ties, does the attacker or the defender win? Or is it just no contest?

2. What's an average/reasonable rating for a security camera? What about a security camera in Bellevue; would it be higher? What about a district power-grid; that'd be like a 6, right?

3. Chummer5 question: in the Core Rulebook, a silencer/suppressor is listed as one item, but Chummer5 lists them as separate, and seems to say you can only have one or the other. Did we just miss this in the book, or did Chummer5 make a mistake?

And finally, a question for another player of mine:
He wants to play basically a cyberdoc. Is this a good idea for an actual runner? I imagine he wouldn't do much on runs other than actually just patching people up. And if it is a good idea, how would one go about building it?

Smileyface.

Never smiles, big tusks.
Would use a smileyface [ :) ]as brand/calling-card if she were dumb enough to have one.
Totem is saber-toothed cat, latin name Smilodon.

So uh how would a non denominational Christian pastor be roleplayed as a Shadowrunner? Kills unholy and violent threats and spirits and takes care of a group of slum dwellers back home? Maybe takes on corps because of the injustice?

1.Defender wins ties unless otherwise specified.
>[...]in an Opposed test, you are trying to
generate more hits than an opponent. SR5, 47
2. I generally have security cameras running on a Rating 3-4 Sensor Array, unless there's a specific thing that the camera is for, like monitoring a research subject or somesuch. I put cameras in arrays because it reduces the compulsion deckers have to get marks on every single device in a facility and helps keep things moving along.
3. A lot of the gear was ported over directly from Chummer 4. Shadowrun 4th's Suppressors had a higher cost and availability than silencers, since silencers didn't work for automatics.
4. It's certainly something that's doable, but it's doable in the same way that 'dedicated sniper' is doable. There are moments where you'd be invaluable, but you won't necessarily be afforded opportunities to be helpful throughout the run if that's your sole focus. There are some attribute synergies with decking and general Oracle-esque background work, but it's not a super fun role all things considered.
Wouldn't it be [ :} ] ?
Depends on the kind of campaign you're participating in/running, I guess? It's not necessarily the best fit for your standard Shadowrun heist-of-the-week setup, but I can see a pastor who uses skills gained in a life he's trying to forget working out rather well. Protect local kids from predatory gangs and beasts, use shadowrunning money to pay for education and medicine in the local area, etc. Hardly the worst concept I've seen.

Just follow Jesus' example: be radically counter-cultural in a loving (but not always nice) way.
youtube.com/watch?v=oPXuy2i4Mdo

> If a Hack on the Fly test ties, does the attacker or the defender win? Or is it just no contest?
As a rule of thumb, tie = defender wins. However in this case I'd argue that nothing happens. In a similar way to a Brute Force/attack action where the defender needs net hits to throw damage back, they would need at least one net hit to get a mark on you.

>What's an average/reasonable rating for a security camera? What about a security camera in Bellevue; would it be higher? What about a district power-grid; that'd be like a 6, right?
Rating 2. The only difference will be the strength of the Host it is WAN'ed to.

>3
They're the same thing

>Is this a good idea for an actual runner?
No.

>how would one go about building it?
High LOG hermetic mage with healing spells and skill points in First aid/Medicine/...

>They're the same thing
I thought a silencer reduced sound while a suppressor reduced flash. Is this not the case? Or is there just no mechanical difference?

Is it possible to port over some of the weapon and armor customization from 4e? The only advantage 4e seems to have over 5e is the amount of customization possible and the matrix, which i already have covered with a ported Ends of the Matrix.

Silencer is Hollywood BS, suppressor is what most people assume is a silencer.

Flash hiders reduce muzzle flash. Suppressors also have the added effect of reducing muzzle flash.

>a suppressor reduced flash
That's a flash hider. At least in real-world parlance, can't remember whether SR follows that or not. In the real world, a Silencer is a specific brand of suppressor.

"Flash Suppressor"/hider is a real thing, Silencer was/is? an actual brand name "sound suppressor" though.

Don't take your firearms terminology from a game that deliberately gets clips and magazines mixed up to try and rile up people who actually have firearms knowledge.

Let me put it otherwise: it does both in SR, see CRB pg. 432.

honestly the firearms in SR are pretty legit where rule of cool doesn't apply. They did their homework then promptly threw out the boring parts to replace with hollywood explosions.

>I put cameras in arrays because it reduces the compulsion deckers have to get marks on every single device in a facility
Then maybe I need sensor arrays explained to me. I understood it as a single housing package with multi different types of sensors in it. Basically so that you could have one item that had a camera, a microphone, and whatever else you'd want to keep track of, but it's one box.

The way you talk about it, it sounds like a bunch of different devices far away from each other, but all sharing one icon.

Does that all make sense? Or should I just go to bed?

Hey, someone saved art of a character of mine. That's neat.

>I understood it as a single housing package with multi different types of sensors in it.

That's correct. But the box's ratingtelling you how many sensors can be put into it (or the sensor rating's itself) =/= the Device Rating to resist Matrix action's with. See the table in the CRB pg. 421, most 'regular' electronics have a Matrix DR of 2.

They're already dumb enough to have a name that relates to something personal, why not get some cards printed?

>See the table in the CRB pg. 421, most 'regular' electronics have a Matrix DR of 2.
Not everyone is using standard personal electronics or residential security devices. Corporate security sensor arrays will fall under 'corporate security devices'. High rating sensor arrays are going to fall under 'high end devices'. Etc.

Okay. That makes sense.
So if a sensor array of rating 3 was being hacked on the fly, it would get 3 for it's firewall, and 3 for it's intuition, making the dice pool 6? Or would it have no intuition, making the dice pool 3? Or is it the intuition of the person who set it up?

As a slav there are two types:

Normal people, they don't seem slav. Maybe a weird thingy here or there but they seem normalish.
They can outdrink you. And they will find way to break all the rules, except they have a nice excuse or technically stay within the bounds.

Gopniks/dresy/slav - Tracksuit using, typical slavs. Hardback, vodka, golf 3 with spoiler, and squatting.

3 for firewall and 3 'intuition' (or put easier DR*2 in a lot of cases), unless it's actively in use by a meatbag or slaved to a more potent device Host (where it can use that one's DR+Firewall)

>gobniki shadowrunners
I never knew I needed this.

Do you think players will be okay with it if I go all old 80s anime in cyberpunk levels?
You know, the kind with all sorts of insane sex bullshit and hyperviolence and bioweapon prostitutes that consumed you mid coitus and full conversion cyborgs that go on a rampage after injecting drugs into their tongue?

You just don't get shit like this in the modern day, and I worry people will not like it.
Modern day is, strangely enough, way too cheery for any of it.

It's the only way to cyberpunk, man.

Cyberpunk's been getting tamer and comfier for a while, I think.
It's getting much harder to produce a property like these.

Like, an example off the top of my head:
I really wanted to like read only memories, but it was WAY TOO FUCKING HAPPY.

Firebomb to destroy evidence on a timer that starts when the car stops. Has to keep resetting it after every stop or locking the brakes.

Make terrible tactical decisions and rely on your bonkers dice pool to get you out.

Police barricade on my left, helicopter on my right, and a straight shot ahead? Sorry guys, we're going right. I know a great noodle place over here once we shake these guys.

Exactly. The railroad only became a problem when the GM failed to improvise, resulting in the train no longer going Choo.

sounds like it never got to the point of choo, completely stalled before any shit happened.

What classic anime should I watch to get that feel down? Having the same issues here. I've seen Akira and Ghost in the Shell and the stuff every normie has seen, what else am I missing?

Here is a list I dredged up today through some research.

- A.D Police Files
bubblegum crisis
neo tokyo (1987)
violence jack
Genocyber
Cyber City Oedo 808
Wicked City
Midnight Eye Gokuu
hyper police

I've not researched them all yet, but they're very cyber looking and seem to have the vibe.

As for things I've ACTUALLY watched, try tank police. That shit was great in my childhood.

Also, if you are fine with stuff that is not quite the right genre, try vampire hunter D.
That shit was amazing, and also cyber.

I was trying pretty hard not to go off the tracks while still looking cool, but the gm seemed pretty insistent the thug couldn't be reasoned with.

From what I've got on my computer:
Armitage III (maybe, can't remember)
Bubblegum Crisis family (AD Police: To Protect And Serve, Parasite Dolls, AD Police Files, BG Crisis, BG Crash. There's also BGC Tokyo 2040, which is a reboot and not as good)
Cyber City Oedo 808
Dominion Tank Police
Megazone 23

Could also draw inspiration from some of the Dirty Pair or The Big O stuff.

What with extraterritoriality and all that, what does the 6th world equivalents/descendants of Disney World (I guess Horizon World?) look like?

I know Disney wanted to make Epcot basically a city at one point, do corps have private city/park kind of deals? - Loffy having a fairytale castle at the centre, Aztechnology with their temples?

There's no particular reason a sensor array has to be an aggregated module aside from stylistic choices. Front/rear cameras in a van would be part of a single array, for example.
Like I said, it just makes my life easier if they're treated as a single unit.

Check it out - It's basically Shadowrun: The Movie!

youtube.com/watch?v=6EZCBSsBxko

Something something Hestaby fisting
Please don't make me use the whole copypasta

Do the CAS or any of the NANs have their own non-nuyen currency?

Mumble mumble technomancer pixies

VIOLENCE IS COMING
VIOLENCE IS COMING
VIOLENCE IS COMING
VIOLENCE IS COMING

Pretty sure Corporate Guide in 4e mentions special corporate retreats and funlands. But I think you're gonna have to think beyond the corp image, because it's most likely filled the media icons of one or more of their subsidiaries, with the ownership of the corp playing more of a backseat role.

Tank Police is kinda where I get alot of inspiration from... that and ghost in the shell... and psycho pass.
I guess I'm into more recent cyberpunk.
But tank police is great oldschool stuff.
A world that has gone so much to shit with gang violence, polution and corporate backstabbing that the government had no other choice but to authorise the use of fucking goddamn tanks on the streets, just so that they could fuck gangs up.
It isn't much of a serious setting, but fuck the hell yeah is it cool.
It also has its own TTRPG

>We're right at the sharp end of the fight against crime, and if you want law and order, I've only got one thing to say: If you want us to stop 'em, give us more TANKS! Don't you understand? This is war! And my Tank Police are at the front line!
>when HTR are going for a bigger budget

I watched tank police when I was like, 6?
I've had a deep need for catgirl heists built into my core ever since.
Thankfully, shadowrun exists specifically for this niche.

I'm honestly thinking about giving the police force in my setting access to NeoNet Juggernauts and simular heavy machinery, equipt with non-lethal, anti-personel weaponary because of tank police... and this quote

Playing an otaku to technomancer that was involved in AI cults and the Arcology collapse. So I have a data jack and picked up a few augs for some delicious attribute boosts.

Is there anything keeping me from doing Otaku shit like jacking into off the grid hosts?

Talking about old-school anime bullshit, am I the only one who thinks that an initial D inspired campain about riggers and illegal street racing would be the shit?

youtube.com/watch?v=i3yYHPwFO2k

How much can you identify from this trailer?

My party restored an awakened car that wants to be made into a ricer. When the metaplot isn't moving and/or we can't get a job we go off doing tokyo drift shit to raise some cash.

Living the dream Chummer.
I hope you rip some eurobeat while doing this

Not him, but I see vampire hunter D, akira, guyver, and tank police in there so far.

I wish they didn't split them up so I got a good shot of each series.

Some of them I recognize and can't remember from where. Also, fist of the north star was in there for JUST A SECOND.

>not him
Akira
Urotsukidoji
DTP
BGC
CCO 808

How many different series are there actually in there?

Okay, since we are talking sensors already, I'm still confused about them since last thread.
Am I correct to assume that, if I install a Rating 3 Camera into my sensorarray, it takes up 3 of the 8 functions in the array?
I think the rules are explained really bad on that part

Know what the guy in the suit at 1:32 was from?

No.

No, it takes up a single of those eight functions. The rating of any sensor you opt for in an array is equal to the array's rating.

>Am I correct to assume that, if I install a Rating 3 Camera into my sensor array, it takes up 3 of the 8 functions in the array?
Not at all.

Sensor Arrays hold up to eight functions. 1 camera = 1 function.

(odd RAW moment; sensor and sensor array rating has no effect under most situations - it isn't required to be used for limit, and doesn't change the number of fuctions per array)

>How many different series are there actually in there?
I've never found a list or figured it out, chummer. To add to what's been mentioned, IIRC there's also;

3x3 Eyes
Wings Of The Honneamise
Battle Angel Alita
Mad Bull 34

Having trouble with the Chummer5a app. There's no OK button to save my changes in the Option menu.

But why should I ever not install a camera or microphone at max rating and just pump it full of stuff?
Why is there a camera rating at all?
I'm so confused. Do they cost money? Where can I find the cost?
Shadowrun 4 made a whole lot more sense when it came to sensors....

>What have you played from the eastern bloc?
Balkans, lots of it with a focus on Belgrade.
>Tell us about the Vory house you just raided. How'd it go?
Barely any Vory in the Balkans. This is Likedeeler and Mafia territory. Last raid on a Croatian Mafia house went well though, apart from the Djinn that burned our Deckers face
>Do the westerners know you are among them?
Yes, and they are grateful. First we take back the Balkans, then Constantinople.
What have you converted a rented Commiebloc squatter lifestyle into?
The Blocks of Belgrade still stand, Number 6 is the one we protect. It is now closer to a Kowloon than a Commieblock.
>Approximately how many cigarettes do you go through a day?

>But why should I ever not install a camera or microphone at max rating and just pump it full of stuff?
Entirely depends on the 'stuff'. Cameras can only take vision enhancements, mikes can only take audio enhancements. There is some overlap into what can go into what but if you want, say, a cyberware scanner to detect cyberware; you'll need an individual sensor or sensor array somewhere.

For the costs, see CRB pg. 443 and further.

So the price for camera and microphones are the same as the once not build in? (I.e. 100xrating for cameras and 50xrating for microphones).
Okay, that makes sense.
What about the other sensorfunctions though? How much do they cost? It can't be nothing, right?

You buy sensor functions at the same time you buy the camera/mic. 8 fit into one.

>So the price for camera and microphones are the same as the once not build in? (I.e. 100xrating for cameras and 50xrating for microphones).
You don't pay for the function(s) of a sensor. That's included in the price.

So.... 100 x rating then?

For a camera, yes. The vision augments don't cost diddly, they come with the thing.

It's not a rating you're paying for the camera, it's capacity, i.e. room to install other shit in.

I have to correct what I said and pretend I never said it.

>Cameras
Capacity * 100 Y is the price, vision enhancements have a cost associated with them on page 444

>Microphones
Capacity * 50 Y, cost for audio enhancements is on page 445

>Sensors
Need to be installed in Housings and have rather large cost associated to them. Sensor arrays come with 8 free sensor functions
Page 446

Okay, now there are some conflicting statements.
If the sensorarray comes with free fuctions and cameras are listed among them, I can assume they are free for the sensorarray. Chummer doesn't give me any cost either so thats that I guess...
The vision augments for cameras have costs, so I assume I need to buy those, but the camera itself is free if I take it as part of a sensorarray. So now my problem is, if the camera is completely free, why wouldn't I just take the highest capacity possible? If a higher capacity camera doesn't take up more sensor functions and the camera is free, I can just always take the best one.
This seems a tad bit pointless to me desu...
Well, I guess it makes my life as a rigger easier

Oddly enough, I have never used cameras or microphones as a Rigger. Sensor Arrays all the way for that very reason.

Dorkula. He wants to be called deadeye, but he dresses up like if Count Dracula appeared in a John Woo movie, so Dorkula it is.