Jumpchain CYOA Thread #1632: Twitch Plays Jumpchain Edition

>Google Drive
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/QLg1i2hY
mtg.gamepedia.com/Timeline
starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Jizz
youtube.com/watch?v=lLszUFnoojM
archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/50522612/#50524214
archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/50291119/#q50296954
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Title
What would a jumpchain livestream ever be like?

From what I remember of the Youtube Jump builds out there. Fun.

it'd be like watching a dude filling out paperwork.

Absolutely baffling to all bystanders.

I can give the chat at least

>AUTISTIC REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEING!
>INVALID JUMPS
>BE MY WAIFU RED
>FUCK RED
>THE IRC ILLUMINATI WANTS TO KILL YOU
>I AM SPARTASHITS
>DIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIRGE!!!!!!!!
>Refreshing awesome content by [Insert Favorite Jumpmaker]
>[Insert Favorite Jumpmaker] is SBer! Burn them at the stake!

Lots of live shitposting like a YouTube comments section mixed with tumblr

Sounds fun, we should try it sometime.

Going to upload this in about 30 minutes. Any last comments or concerns before I do?

Valalalalalalalalaleria, is the upgrade to the Rhinoceros Beetle in Jorge Joestar discounted to Gangsters?

Get a prolific jumpmaker like Valeria to just stream their desktop as she makes a jump and then have user do live contributions.

I'm concerned. Not about your jump, just in general. It's all quite alarming.

Well, this isn't your blog. Go to SB or the IRC of you want a hugbox.

If Worm was your first jump what power would you grab? Just curious.

Yeyeyeyeyeeees it is.

Geist, probably. Flight, nigh-invulnerability. , invisibility, mind-control. A pretty solid package, all things said.

the enhance mastery power that lets me gain months of skill in hours of studying

Thaaaaaaaaank yoyoyoyoyoyou.

Have you even /tried/ to go to SB? You might like it there.

Are you guys okay?

Have you even tried GETTING A FUCKING JOB?

Mathematical Analysis. Scales better than any other Thinker power. Enhanced Mastery's a Trump power for some retarded reason, and Reverse Engineering's the best Tinker power, but personally, I think intuitive mathematic aptitude that can be applied to literally any problem is the best choice, especially since bland Super-Genius perks are a dime-a-dozen.

She's made it pretty clear that she doesn't tolerate any of SB or their jumps.

Is there any perk that allows you to just get better at something through repeated practice/allows you to train anything? Like, I have a few skill-cap breaker perks, but the problem is... I don't actually have a way to train or get better at that level. Seriously, how does one train their stealth when they're literally so good they can stand right in front of someone and not be seen?

The Doormaker power so I can hang out on Earth Alpha and passing a message to Cauldron on how to deal with Scion.

Thanatos. Then I would probably spend a month just killing bugs while trying to work up the nerve to kill even stray animals, let alone people, with it.

You could... get experience earning perks... and allocate experience towards it? I'm sure we have some perks like that...

I'd put a bit more information about the enemy and size scales. I've gone through a few pages of the quest and I still have no idea what a Type Zero looks like. He said he got a lot of cues from Muv Love among other places, so I'm expecting them to look something like infected thing from knights of Sidonia, but I have no idea.

Aside from that I just have comments on the lore itself. I mean 15KM effective range on a direct fire auto cannon? The best sniper I'm aware of has a maximum range of 4km. And, okay, uber technology and Valkyrie core assistance... fine but unless these things can go mach 5 or something combat would just boil down to long range artillery slugging matches.

But none of that is your fault, it just triggers my autism.

You had a question for you last thread:

Quantum Evolution, it's adaptable and gives me decent odds of surviving whatever situations I might get into. Since it's a first jump, that seems important.

>Strike-cha
Hmm...something's not right, here...

You saw nothing, move along citizen.

For jumpers who went Kami, what did you choose for your Symbolic Links in Kamigawa?

Men In Black jump when?

Optional drawback to choose between the cartoon series or movie continuity when?

The technology is pretty simple, on the level of modern day micro controllers. I can add it in if you want for like 100cp but if you've got some electronics perks and some forging ability to weld extra RCS modules and stuff you wouldn't really need it.

In theory I was going to post anonymously.

How many times have you forgotten that you had the perfect ability to resolve something, and instead brute forced it?

We already have one

There already is one, made by the same guy that made the Gantz jump I think

Order Of The Stick has Random Encounters:
>Random Encounters [300 CP, discount Adventurer] - Sometimes you have a skill you'd like to practice, but nobody to practice it with or against! With this, however, that won't be a problem – you can stumble across roaming monsters or NPC's with ease no matter where you go, and this can be toggled on and off at will. These encounters are always challenging, but not overwhelming.

It'd be much appreciated, but if you feel it ain't too necessary, then I'mma trust you on this one.

Arcia (aligned with white mana or however the fuck Gaunlet specified it went), Flame, Light, Music, Dance, Blood, Love, and Wild Magic.

Like I went hard trying to figure out how the feck to word it and I lost patience and went to make toast a few times.

Yknow what, let me do you one better. pastebin.com/QLg1i2hY - pretty much all the Kami shit I came up with for meself, just need to finish two Sub-Kamis that I'm not sure what direction I want to take with them yet.

Speaking of Kamigawa, does it happen early enough to stop the bullshit that is New Phyrexia. Elspeth getting fucked again seems like something a Jumper would want to stop.

Here's the thing though. Nobody actually cares.

Here you go!

mtg.gamepedia.com/Timeline

Extremely minor spelling error on pg. 7 under Born Lucky "Managing to doge".

Nice work by the way just read through your pastebin!

>pastebin
Cool, mang.

>Managing to doge
Awesome. I always wanted to be in charge of the Merchant Republic.

You care enough to reply to him every single time.

I'd just pick up the Reverse Engineering Tinker ability and the Tinker tech cache, sign on with the government, and send all my time inventing and studying new tech as far away from all the horribleness as possible.

All the times I tried to bribe or intimidate people when I forgot I had several charisma perks.

Really? Could either of you post it?

You should check out the Rise of Legends jump, then.

tell me I got the things correct that I ventured guesses on.

this entire thing was winging it in terms of comprehending MtG physics.

I worked at a slaughterhouse and cultivated petri dishes of microscopic animals to drop antibiotics into.

Do you ever shut up Dirge? How many times does you have to harass OAA until you're satisfied?

>fine but unless these things can go mach 5 or something combat would just boil down to long range artillery slugging matches.
They pretty much can, yes. And teleport, too. And combat without valks /is/ artillery slugging matches. Like, there was one bit from a lesson in the quest where it was mentioned that the preferred strategy for valks dealing with a low-AA Antagonist formation was just to call in ALL THE CRUISE MISSILES from friendlies, because they're incredibly easy to replace thanks to the fabrication tech while valks are not.

Not the right language to be Dirge. It's not paragraphs on paragraphs.

Utawarerumono jump when?

Translation please.

>pastebin.com/QLg1i2hY
Also I don't own a house. Ha.

Okay then give me sec to reread though it.
White Mana Alignment via Arcia is fine. You've got a good hold on the understanding needed for the powers and abilities, you went neither too high nor too low.

When you make it?

If you want a jump for your shit anime, then make it yourself.

That's unfortunately what it's called in the euros and states

I only know it cause it's a chain chronicle collab

They left it as that for the official english releases actually but it means 'The One Being Sung'

If I have the arrowhead from JJBA, and I'm able to get another Stand user's soul (via theft, trapping it, buying/tricking them out of it, diablerie or similar mechanism) would it be reasonable to gain a power from their Stand? Not like, a whole new Stand, but just an additional power? I posted this last thread and only got one reply. It basically amounted to "Only if that was a specific Stand power that you already had."

I'm trying to find a way to reconcile gravity manipulation and Stand Enforced contracts. I like them both but I can't really pick, so I'm trying to figure out a plot device or some rational that gets them together.

I'm trying to get this in a way that makes sense, but I don't know which one I want more. On one hand, Stand enforced Contracts seem like an interesting non-combat power that could be shored up with enslaving minions or picking Anubis or something, but I can think of a multitude of uses for controlling gravity, even if it's only in personal range. It's a tough choice since I really like both concepts. I also don't want to jump CoCo's or Jorge Joestar near JJBA in the same chain.

>When you make it?
It was expected of timmy, but I thought better of you.

Oh.

Well shit.

Invoking rule one is a bad thing now?

Why are you talking about yourself?

Everyone goes through that confusion and I do not blame anyone for that

Mate, that's the usual response around here. You must be pretty new, huh?

Did you guys make sure to enjoy some smooth, soothing jizz while in Star Wars?

Oh wow, that's pretty much just in time to potentially stop Urza from not using the soul bomb and a whole host of terrible things. Sadly Xantcha still dies.

Why should anyone care about your low-power setting?

Yes, Kamigawa takes place fairly early in the MtG timeline. One of the characters in it, Toshiro Umezawa, is the founder of Clan Umezawa on the main plane of Dominaria, after being transported there in the climax of the arc. There's no indication that his cross-planar transport also involved time travel. Three hundred years after his arrival there, his descendant would kill Nicol Bolas (the first time, Bolas dies and comes back to life a lot). A hundred and fifty years after that is when Mirrodin gets infected with glistening oil. So you've got four hundred and fifty years to head the problem off. Heck, regular Phyrexia is still around during the events of Kamigawa, go nuke Yawgmoth. The only problem you'll face is that Kamigawa is supposed to be very distant from other planes, hyperdimensionally-speaking, making it hard to get to and from the rest of the MtG multiverse.

Can Symbolic Links be improved in any way? Like through a stronger soul, things that enhance magic, etc.?

Oh wait! I just went and looked it up and you might be thinking of the VN when most of the English speakers around here are thinking of the anime. Is that what you're driving at?

Welll... Yeah that.

It's definitely Dirge. The only person that hates OAA and harasses him to this degree is Dirge. Dirge doesn't always write in paragraphs.

You meant jazz, right?

Just checking if you saw

Here.

No user, it's jizz.

starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Jizz

My favorite instrument is the jizz-box.

I'd hardly call something that's been languishing in the WIP folder for who even knows how long a proper jump.

Wasn't somebody making Chain Chronicles as a jump? Have them do Utawarerumono then if user is too lazy

It seems more likely to me that you'd be able to command their Stand IF you could also command their soul.

Worst comes to worst, there's nothing forbidding you from making the Stand power assimilation a specific sub-ability of your contract thing. Could even have a reason for throwing youeself into canon: C-Moon has some pretty cool gravity powers. Jumping Jack Flash too, maybe? I don't remember if he could turn off gravity or remove all the air in a room.

I remember watching one of these, actually. A guy was live streaming his making a character for a VtR game, and started playing out his plot, on his own. It was really neat, actually. I can't find the stream, though.

It was this guy, I found him from these clan-based monologs. They're pretty good.
youtube.com/watch?v=lLszUFnoojM

>Go to A Practical Guide to Evil, buy a ton of the mindrape for the greater Good repentance Swords.

>Go to Warhammer 40k Commaragh, summon the angel of contrition in the most heavily populated area of Dark Eldar that you can. The Dark Eldar caught in the range now become the Greater Good Eldar and cause a giant civil war. Double points if Jumper nets anyone important in the range of the angel.

>After that's finished take the mindrape swords and go around the entire galaxy using it on everyone. Plant one on Terra, another in a super heavily crowded Hive, Eldar Craftworld, Ork Waagh, and also a Chaos Warband.

>Profit???

I think we ended up joking about it but that is like

Literally 4 years of characters/continents/weird things to cover, its the same issue with almost every mobile game ever Also did you know there was a P5 collab? I didnt roll anyone then

It's only there because Dirge harassed the jumpmaker and called it not well received even though people made builds for it. archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/50522612/#50524214
Knowing his lying ass, he was just spreading shit so that Brutus wouldn't move it to complete.

There was an user that wanted to make a gacha jump. Have them do it. I have no clue what Chain Chronicle is outside of gacha, I just remember somebody talking about making it into a jump.

>So an idiot posts, even though the post he quotes directly then links to archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/50291119/#q50296954

>Whoever made it also changed this in the WIP googledocs link he posted.
>So it's outdated, probably not uploaded by the creator, and feels more like a WIP with a bunch of stuff that should really be changed as was said by others in the thread when the WIP link was put in thread.

>Pretty threadbare and only covers the first movie. Kinda a shame.

>This isn't good at all. Work on it more before putting it on the drive.

Can't even fucking lie correctly, you fucking idiot.

NUUUU BUT DIRGE MUH DIRGE COMPLEX AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

I know, right?

Symbolic Links allows you to tap into minor powers via a link to the symbol itself. So no those wouldn't work. Maybe something that enhanced your connections to other concepts/lands/etc. but we actually have a very small amount of druid/kami like powers in Jumpchain.

I did not indeed and the answer to that is /vast/ like it's intended to be 40 km^2 but i got sidetracked and didn't post the rewrite... speaking of...

Given that unapproved jumps get uploaded to the drive and stay there even after they're called out, I find this hard to believe.

Either this or get Thantos and somehow contact Cauldron, possibly through Coil.
I'd start working with them on the condition that they only give the Vials to clinically braindead people, and that I'd only kill them if the Vial didn't heal them.
Or maybe work with Blasto and start covertly stealing DNA samples from Parahumans so that we can clone vegetable versions of them for Thanatos to slaughter. This one's less likely to work, what with trigger events being so complicated and all, but it's less dangerous (and morally reprehensible) than siding with Cauldron.

Doormaker, then go to the most distant and uninhabited world I can find. Scion's less likely to go after a world with only one person on it.

I don't see where I lied. If it wasn't for Dirge spreading vitriol the jump would have been accepted.

>Given that unapproved jumps get uploaded to the drive and stay there even after they're called out
You mean Dirge's so called jumps?

Are you there Heavens/Digger? I have a question about the Ex-Aid wip

I'd appreciate some context for the upper limits of the valkyrie frame and it's weaponry. If you shoot something with heavy particle projector, a laser, or a hyper velocity cannon, how much damage will it do? How fast, strong, and durable are in your frame when you start out? If you've been using it for decades?
That sort of thing.

>Dirge spreading vitriol

Nut up and quote these "vitriolic" posts for me, you daft cunt.

Oh wait. You can't, because your complex is making you cash checks that your brain can't cash.

Let me beat him to the punch, because that thread indicates nothing.

>"Oddly enough I'm not sure if the maker just disappeared entirely, since last time this happened they also did not respond to any of the comments, and afterwards people could not get a hold of him either. Comments from the last time this happened suggests that the pdf itself might be outdated now, so maybe removing it completely is merited, but since I don't have the google docs link, I have no clue myself. Somebody evidently does though, since they were the ones who commented on it."

Only relevant post on it.

Yeah, user's being a cunt.

According to the post you linked, the guy who posted it to the thread wasn't even the guy who made the jump. That guy has never even bothered to talk on this thread. No wonder nobody knew we had a MIB jump, if even the creator didn't feel the need to tell anyone about it.