PDF Share thread is Dead

#77 is 404! What gives?

bump?

rules breach, maybe?

Creator deleted?

No idea

>What gives?

>This thread has been pruned or deleted

My guess? Too many direct uploads in the thread. Mods had to remove it to keep whoever complained happy, and they'll look the other way when we post #78.

...Or me directly antagonizing the Mods repeatedly has led to some serious moderation on the board.

well fuck you for that you snivelling cunt

Eh... at this point, I'm ready for some change to this board, even if it is a turn for Nazi-mod Shit level stuff. Maybe I'll finally be disgusted enough with the state of the board so that I can actually quit wasting my time here.

Or maybe the board might finally unanimously argue against something [moderation] and stop blaming each other about pointless shit, and finally realize how good we have it now, wake up and realize that [Quests/Lack of Quests/D&D/MTG/40k/POL/Other scapegoat] is not the problem, it's just the individual behavior of everyone on this board contributing to the state of it, which is utterly shitty.

Or maybe at least realize that reporting or whining about Shit doesn't work, only ignoring, actually ignoring, does.

your schoolmarm-tier scolding is certain to raise the quality of posting around here, i tell you what

Maybe we could get the thread going again, but this time, ban the *people* from using it? That way, the thread would always be 'legal' and no one would be able to muck it up again? And thus it wouldn't be taken down!

Dude. While I agree this is the first time I've seen it be "pruned or deleted," it was near the post limit anyway, and it usually takes around 24-48 hours for da archivist to update da annex and post a new thread. Don't act like the sky is falling just yet.

This needs to be addressed. I bet it was the moron deobfuscating stuff.

There was no moron posting direct links here. That's been pretty much relegated to the chan 3 doors up. According to someone else, the thread was DMCA'd by the owner of Zweihander.

Just hang tight. The thread will return just like always.

my guess is DMCA or not it is still fallout from the shithead posting links and all of the Archive pdfs from here
he still comes here and reads your threads

It was a straight up DCMA thing, and nothing else.

The guy behind Zweihander is broke and can't get the dough together to publish the promised hardbacks, and backers will be baying for blood soon if he doesn't provide.

Haven't you noticed how every week it's on one sale or another? He needs to move loads of PDF units to start putting out the physical copies.

It's why he jumps on links super quick.

Wow, I actually feel bad for the guy. Not that I can do anything when I'm unemployed.
Eh, I hope shit works out for him.

Then what's your "guess" as to why the thread 3 doors up hasn't been DMCA'd - considering that's where the direct links have actually been posted?

Fell bad because he is an incompetent idiot who mismanaged his crowd-sourced capital? Why does he have to take it our on us, honest thieves! I say Zwaihander not so much since it seems he needs a helping hand.

Also age of Sigamar WHFR from cubicle is gunna be gut!

I was joking! ;-)

You don't have to be an incompetent idiot to have your business venture fail, dude. It happens every day to good, careful, competent people. All it takes is some poor luck.
And even presupposing that he really is at fault, I can still feel bad for the situation he's stuck in. I wouldn't walk up to a dude trapped in his wrecked car shouting "I can't feel my legs" and tell him "Ha! You deserve this 'cause you had a couple of beers before driving, idiot!"
His situation sucks regardless of whether he's to blame for it or not, and I don't think it's been established that he is, you're just assuming.

Don't.

He did his sums wrong, then kept pushing back, and pushing back, and never once admitting it to his supporters.

Now he's trying to run around and plug the leaks, as he perceives them, as well as running constant sales.

He mismanaged investors money, so he's not to be pitied.

If he'd handled it better when he realised what had happened, he'd be in a better position now.

do you not understand the term 'fallout'?!

>Don't.

Do you not understand the term "logic"?

I want to set the record straight here. Yes, I follow this forum. And yes, I download RPG material that's free to play. Yes, I have been issuing DMCA complaints to hosting sites for Grim & Perilous Studio's copyrighted material (that has been relinked through this forum numerous times). And finally - yes, I threw a red flag last night at Veeky Forums and personally to one of the distributors of my copyrighted material.

I have spoken time and time again to the community reasons why I released the FREE 'Early Access PDF' was so people can 'try before they buy' - zero cost to play before committing to buying the illustrated version.

In fact, we are in the process of setting up a ZWEIHÄNDER Systems Resource Document so people can play the game without having to download the PDF. See grimandperilous.com for details.

However, distributing our PDF with illustrations is not only in bad taste, it makes the enterprise of sharing free to play PDFs/no longer published RPGs less than credible. It not only hurts me and my contractors, but other smaller RPG makers who're using PDF earnings to fund their next project.

Fact: we do 'Deal Of The Day' to 1) grow our fan base and 2) fund our next project. Writing costs me nothing, but editing, layout and artwork is expensive. It has nothing to do with having nothing in the bank. In fact, we've been operating in the black for quite some time, and when we went Gold on DriveThruRPG, I made the decision to reinvest my capital earnings into another project that's forthcoming.

Another fact: backers' books are in transit to our distribution center as we speak for August shipment.

If anyone wants to try ZWEIHÄNDER and absolutely wants the illustrated version, email me at [email protected]. I'll give you a 50% off discount.

If you can't agree with at least one of the points above, you are likely never to become a customer or purchase a product legitimately.

Just my two cents.

the fact that you just incorrectly used the term 'logic' in reference to your and my previous statements answers both of our questions

words mean stuff. stuff means things.

If you were the real deal, I'd wish financial failure and poverty on you for the rest of your days. Seems like he's well on his way to it regardless.

This could go on for 300 more posts, but frankly it's not that important. Regardless of what you "guess," the "fact" is that the thread was DMCA'd because someone wasn't happy their product was shared, and the sharing of said product was not discovered due to any open sharing here or up the road. The owner of Zweihander has been vigilant in removing links for some time, and such a fact is common knowledge in the community by now.

You clearly don't follow any of the share threads well enough to make anything more than a wild "guess," nor do you have the presence of mind to interpret the evidence as it is. Sit smugly, and bask in your pseudo-intellectual superiority if you wish, but I have nothing more to say on the matter.

So why DCMA the whole thread and not just your links?

Probably because he got tired of chasing links from the same perpetrators. They keep sharing the game and he's prolly sick of tracking them all down. Wonder if Veeky Forums will ban them?

There was a dead link in the annex. No one was sharing it here despite people constantly asking about it. It's all over another chan but they are still going.

Sup John Tarnowski. Slumming it over here between your fake yoga magic sessions? #rpgpundit #isobvious

I want everyone to see this shit.
This is why we all bitched and moaned about developers of WoD being invited in by people who eventually ran us off from those threads. These people solve problems by nuking them from orbit and will twist words until it is always Veeky Forums's fault. If his game was making bank, he would have found reason to hit the links anyway. Keep these people at arms length and never make it a safe environment for them.

Sure he'll catch them too. Zweilandir guy is pissed. I don't blame him. But I'm going to email him 2 see about a discount. The game is $13 right now and supposed to be $5 tomorrow in Deal of the day on DriveThroughRpg. I already downloaded but sorta feel guilty about it now.

Yes, please reward his hissy fit.

Advertising is against da rules. Now fuck off shill.

You don't have to pretend to be other people, Daniel.

Sorry if I feel bad for pirating something from a one time rpg maker. I always like to download before I buy. Just red his Kickstarter he seems honest and nice. I mean who does 92 updates to keep a crowd informed for a single rpg book? That's unlike any other rpg maker on Kickstarter even the pros don't talk that much. Imho

Fire Mountain Games: Throne of Night

Wow Daniel seems like such a great guy and we should all buy his unique and exciting rpg. Thanks, definitely random person who isn't shilling for his own book.

Fuck this guy where can I download zweihander pdf out of spite?

A different Veeky Forums

Dont. Its shit anf should fade into the memory hole.

Tried. No dice. He keeps killing links LOL. I want muh free RPG!

One of them still works if you look. I grabbed it a few mins ago so I could upload it whenever someone asks for it.

It was a DMCA take down from the creator of ZWEIHANDER.

Hopefully Da Archive sees this and removes it from the PDF, as he was also named in the take down.

Why not distro the real version then, so we can avoid another takedown? I need RPGs!

anybody got WilD6West? its free but trapped on Scribd

And the link I posted was taken down a month ago, and I have not re-posted. But the link url was still in the Da Archive with at least 2 others, which are also dead.

>you are likely never to become a customer or purchase a product legitimately.

So if we were never going to buy it in the first place, what difference does it make that we have it for free? Most folks here collect because they like to collect.

Lets say I don't pay for it and ad it to my collection, by taking it from here in full, illustrations and fine editing. 8 months down the line my someone in my gaming group gets curious, asks about it and I dig it up. We take it for a spin. We like it. Suddenly we have 4-6 customers.

Yes you might not get them early, or all together, and you might lose out on a few, that's a given. But if it brings more customers to your product line and future releases, maybe I don't have the green for it right away.

I'm not saying what we do ain't stealing, coz it is. But this is the medium you have to work with, unfortunately for you. And I get it, pdfs are more profitable than print editions and if you don't get pdfs out, how do you go to market. And I tend to fork out for most indie, small and medium publisher. But what you are doing is just counter productive.

Alas I have written too much already. All I'm trying to say is, you coming here and kicking the hornet's nest aint gonna stop people from sharing it. Trying to talk sense into us wont work either, this is the internet. Its out now and always will be. Be at peace with that. If its a good product you might even get more paying customers down the line.

And if you are using all this as a marketing ply to raise visibility, well kudos, you cocked up.

Now excuse me. I'll go watch a pirated copy of GOT s07e02, because even though I have Netflix, Amazon prime and national tv, I still cant afford fucking Sky. There you have it, its a problem of medium and distribution. Its a harsh world for a small publisher.

Announcement:

Moving forward for the foreseeable future, I will continue to clean, but I will not be posting what I clean online. Instead I send back the cleaned items to the sender and it would be up to them to post them.

Good ideal. Don't need to get into legal trouble b/c of some zealous first time RPG bro. I need free RPGs. I don't have enough money to even pay 13 bucks for the game.

ITT A guy who clearly needs money badly tries to make pirates feel bad and buy his wares at a discount.

Boycott Zweihander

Boycott all future Daniel Fox products

I spend thousands a year on RPGs, and have done since the 1980s, and I wouldn't spend a penny on anything he touches now.

Anyone mentions Zweihander, and I'll tell them to avoid it like the plague and wait for the new version of WFRPG.

Why so butthurt, user?

Sounds like a plan. Otoh I have just managed to figure out a cleaning kit, so I'll be starting to clean some of the stuff I found in troves, that still has names and order numbers.

I'll be posting some in the next few months I think.

There's a new WFRPG on the way?

Viva la free

Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

yeah, Cubicle7 scooped up the rights

Cause I'm a rebel, here's a link to Zwdeihander. Take that bitch.

Snip dot li

/6ZfNH

Dude just upload something to scribd and you can have it. I'd do it but I'm on mobile right now so I really can't. Just upload some alternate character sheets or a pathfinder players guide (those are always free online) and take it.

Yeah, that will tell him! How dare he make a RPG and ask that people not share a pirated version of it? The nerve of this guy. #golfclap

Daniel, please.

Fucker works fast, that's already dead.

It works, it's just a Rick Ashley video.

Hey Daniel, instead of hanging out on here wasting your time DMCAing shit, why don't you spend that time getting your books to your backers you fat fuck.

Anyone got all Flesh Must be Eaten? Thanks in advance, I've got all of SR4th edition and a few other things that are no longer in print. Thanks in advance.

This isn't a request thread, if you didn't notice. Just wait a few days until they create a new one.

Ah my bad then. Thanks for the heads up.

Look at that dude's FB. He's far from fat.

>Oh boy I'm sure not Daniel. A random user would totally have looked up "his" facebook and come to his defense.

Buying slightly different rules to play a game I already know feels weird. Imagine I already knowing how to play basketball but have to send money to the NBA if I want to put the 3 point line where they do.

Strawman.

So are you telling me that you've never bought any editions of D&D beyond the first edition you played?

I read zweihander, and it's to WFRP that Pathfinder is to D&D: totally open source, with a ton of improvements and draws upon all editions.

Point so very clearly and definitively missed.

Why am I not surprised?

Do we see anyone else on here? Even lunatics like Kevin Siembieda? No, we don't.

A certain level of piracy is accepted in most industries, as it promotes material and can drive sales.

Some authors/actors/directors/producers/musicians/whatever, actually leak their own works to gauge response.

Ricky Gervais used to leak episodes of his show Extras for such a reason, and the BBC leaked the first episode of new Doctor Who back in 2005 to promote the show ... they pretending someone had stolen it, but they did it themselves.

It happens all the time.

I know several RPG authors and designers, and they have no issue with their works getting leaked, because a lot of people will download a PDF, read it, and then if they are going to use it at the table, they'll buy it.

It's particularly useful in helping to sell physical copies.

Someone like Daniel Fox can fuck up that system, and with it, he's fucking up other people's sales, potentially.

He may pretend he's safeguarding his own sales, but he will be hurting them.

Given that he's messaged me on Demonoid, and that he comes on here, I reckon he's a longtime pirate who just doesn't want his stuff pirated.

He's a hypocrite.

"I'll download other people's things, but don't you dare download mine."

Oh, and he is struggling financially... a result of his own mistakes.

lol

>>A certain level of piracy is accepted in most industries, as it promotes material and can drive sales.

Agreed.

It's stupid to think everyone who pirates media would buy it, if there was no free source. You would never get the same circulation you get with piracy.

>>Oh, and he is struggling financially... a result of his own mistakes.

Sauce?

This isn't strictly pdf related, but does anyone know where I could find a torrent for Fractal Terrains 3? I'd like to use it to generate a world but 40USD is just to much. Have Air War C21 as an offering.

So these threads are dead, yeah?

Wut? Guru was a contributor but other people post. And whatever links are posted I think Da Archive is going forward.

I agree with some of what you wrote. However, the difference is here that the artist or writer made the choice to share. You took it upon yourself to share it without permission. That's where pirates get it wrong.

And what's the source on the game struggling financially? Sounds like you're just butt hurt from getting called out being a pirate.

Looking for The Ice wind dale campaign for 4th edition

This ain't a request thread. Have patience till a new one pops up.

When a pdf becomes a hassle to archive, I lose interest in it.

Sure, I bought Advanced after Basic, but that's because I was young and it was billed as a different game. I bought GURPS Basic for the same reason. But how many rulesets should I have to buy before I discover that they're all the same game? That may be fine for the kind of people who collect things, but not for me.

Not sure how you can call it open source with the current fiasco in progress. Wizards and Paizo never sent me a cease and desist for looking at the srds.

haha no

Not even slightly

I have been a pirate of many things since the early 80s.

Chances are, if you watched a cam in the 80s, it was one of mine :)

I fucking love being a pirate ... If I could download food and clothes and petrol, I would haha ... but I do spend my money too ... I never just take.

A fair few of the PDFs you'll see across these sites come from me buying them, and I maintain some of the troves, too.

I know the game is struggling financially because of how he's behaving with the constant sales ... it's even being commented on on sites like DTRPG ... and by the regular delays with providing the backers with their hard copies ... it's slipped a lot recently.

I don't see that the print book is available yet, but were I him, I would drive as many sales as possible for the digital version and then email everyone using the DTRPG marketing tool to have them buy the physical book when print on demand is ready.

The physical books are already "sold" through kickstarter. He has delayed delivering them a bunch.

But they would have already gotten the pdf already and seen just how horrible his game is.

This.

Plus, he is still taking pre-orders for the physical version too.

Dude, you may as well say, "I wouldn't have paid for this television, so Best Buy should just let me steal it".

If you're going to pirate stuff, okay. Most of us do. But you don't get to act like the people who own it have no right to try and stop you.

>I know the game is struggling financially because of how he's behaving with the constant sales

That's some BS.There are plenty of other explanations for this. Besides, Kickstarter hardcovers being delayed happened to almost every Project I followed, none of which struggled financially. I get it, I too am majorly butthurt from Dan Fox and other small publishers pulling their stuff from our troves by DMCA takedowns. Making stuff up won't change this.

You have not read one bit of what I said, have you? I state it plainly that what we do is stealing. I also make other points.

>maintain some of the troves
Thanks, I guess.

>Plus, he is still taking pre-orders for the physical version too.

So horrible it's rated five stars with 69 ratings on DTRPG?

Clearly you are holding a grudge or lack the ability to read.

Daniel, let it go.

So much salt and trolls in here.

So, its going to take longer than normal to get a new share thread back up, or...?

ur other points are rendered moot because ur a pirate.

That really makes me want to buy their shitty pdf

why so serius user?