Now that the dust has settled, did Chaos forces actually win at Octarius, Veeky Forums?

Now that the dust has settled, did Chaos forces actually win at Octarius, Veeky Forums?

Yes.

They had no other objective other than slaughtering as much as they can until the warpstorm relocated them to another battlefield. They did what they came for and they left to do the same in another battlefield.

What happened on Octarius?

Wasn't Octarius one of like 2 places were Chaos forces got stopped? Since Orks and Nids don't care for losses either, wouldn't it make more sence to call it a draw?

Nids and Orks fought each other for a fuckload of time and then Khornites joined in. Veeky Forums argued about the winner since then.

Octarius was one of the two places that didn't get overrun by the Blood Crusade. You rode out the Blood Crusade until the Warpstorm took the Blooed Crusades away to another part of the galaxy.

You can call it a draw if you wish but the daemons weren't there to win any wars or for comquest. They were there only for battle, blood, and skulls.

It's kinda hard for them not to when the shitty writing has backed them I to the corner of "w-well all we needed to do was kill stuff to win, npcfags btfo again!"

So was this all escapade just a trick to make chaosfags feel relevant again?

No need. Chaos already cracked the galaxy in half and swallowed the majority of Leviathan into the Warp.

This was just a neat cliffnote for the xenofags.

I'm out of the loop. Quit playing around 5th, but I used to play Nids. Can someone explain what all has happened, since GW doesn't seem able to write suspense anymore and needs to go ahead and tell people what happens to their respective armies?

Did my old army suffer another brilliantly humiliating loss?

I mean I heard that fucking Guilliman is awake now. I don't understand what they're doing. Why not just wake the Emperor and say humanity won 40k?

Remember Kryptoman luring Nids into an Ork kingdom of Oktavius? They are still fighting there 112 years later. Remember how menacing Leviathan was and how Blood Angels were on the ropes? Random warp storm wiped it out and Hivefleet Hydra is eating the rest. Picrelated pretty much sums it up.

In celebration for a new era of slaughter and WAAAAAR, Khorne begins something called the Blood Crusade/Red Tide. It's 8 massive daemon armies (and whatever mortals that joined up along the way) that spread across the galaxy using the Warpstorms as a method of travel each going to a different direction. The Crusade having to objective but to slaughter and kill wherever the warpstorms took them. Staying there until the warpstorms moves on taking them with them. The Blood Crusade armies annihilated tomb worlds, Imperial worlds, and entire hive fleets. For 1000 battles, the Blood Crusade never met its match except for 2 instances. Octarius being one of them.

The combined might of the Orks and the Tyranids fought the Blood Crusade to a stand until the daemons were drawn back to the Warpstorms to be relocated to another battlefield.

The Blood Crusade was ultimately disbanded by Khorne when the Rift War was about to start up. Khorne directed his forces to the godly contest being held there.

That's all.

Remember when anons were joking GW that anytime chaos wasn't on screen, everyone should be asking, "Where's Chaos?"
Well GW has taken them seriously.

>Great Rift
>Random warp storm

>that just happened to randomly hit fleet Leviathan, thus pissing all the years spent to build it up as a threat

112 years? The setting advanced by 112 years?

Why? I mean WHY. The battles of the setting take place across the entire Milky Way galaxy. There should be no end to the conflict already at hand and that's the point.

Did we do a time skip exclusively so the Ultramarines could measure their dick against new conquests or something?

I don't think there's much point in being bothered by a Nid loss. One of the reasons I quit 40k was because the 5th ed Nid book contained mostly losses in the fluff. It didn't sound like GW wanted the bugs to win, and people playing them were supposed to understand they're nameless, faceless bad guys to be wiped out by cool special characters.

It was really random. It's hinted that Ka'pandaman caused the Warpstorm to eat the Tyranid fleet.

The fact that the Indomitus Crusade lasted 112 years according to Guilliman doesn't mean anything. GW said on facebook time is no longer linear in M41. No sense in keeping track of stuff like that because GW sure as shit doesn't plan to. All dates do is create more room for fluff contradicts noticed by fans who know more about the fluff than GW does by virtue of paying attention to what's actually been written.

So explain this Guilliman thing, then. It's a stone's throw from waking up the Emperor himself, because one of the dystopian aspects of the Imperium is the massive church that's sprung up from Lorgar's discredited teachings.

We're looking at the spiritual liege of spiritual lieges, who wrote the book that all Space Marines abide by, and he finds Lorgar's ideology has dominated his father's entire empire even after the Emperor openly punished Lorgor for saying those things. I mean it's like if Ben Franklin crawled out of the grave and was there to tell modern politicians what they intended when they wrote the constitution, only imagine that the entire US military is still absolutely loyal to Ben Franklin and they'd turn on the US if he asked them to.

Guilliman also knows about the fate of the Emperor, and about a ton of things that nobody should know about. Guilliman waking up is one of those things that should be such a massive game-changer.

But I'm going to infer by pattern recognition that Guilliman isn't really doing anything meaningful now that he's awake, other than being another amazing super-soldier above super-soldiers who can arm wrestle with Eldar gods.

He's decided that the Ecclisiarchy is too powerful to move against openly while there are enemies on all sides.
>Worship the Emperor if you must, but don't worship me.
And by the end of Dark Imperium, is definitely leaning towards worship himself. Currently he's trying to reform Greater Ultramar and write a new book, the "Codex imperialis" on good governance. He also apparently forcibly removed almost half the High Lords and hand picked their successors.

Also, Emperor worship was a thing during the Great Crusade, and according to some sources, was open across hundreds of worlds by the time they confirmed the Golden Throne was working. And the Ecclisiarchy was founded by a veteran of the Horus Heresy on Terra and was the state religion in about a thousand years. So religion shouldn't be too terribly surprising for Guilliman. Though maybe he's surprised by the fact that it's all organized under roof now.

Does Guilliman have stats in the SM codex?

>T6, W9, 2+/3++ invul
Sounds fucking awful to play against. But then again this is coming from the perspective of 5th edition, where I had to pay 160 points to get T6, W4, 3+.

But anyway, bingo. There it is. They already wrote fluff describing every Ultramarine in the game as the super bestest super secret strongest, so all they had left was to one-up themselves.

Waking the Emperor is next. You'll call me stupid now, but they'll want to sell you the next super special badass and the Emperor is the only super butt club human left who's still, in theory, alive at some capacity.

>Waking the Emperor is next.
Nah, not before Sanguinus comes back. Lady Atia, arguably the most reliable rumormonger around, says that anyone who thinks Sanguinus isn't coming back, hasn't seen how the Horus Heresy series is going to end.

>Lady Atia
Who?

Why? Sanguinus being killed at the end of the Horus Heresy is a really big deal and a major part of the Blood Angels fluff. What indicates he's coming back?

Like I said, she's a very reliable rumormonger, to my knowledge, she hasn't led the community false yet regarding what's to come.

>What indicates he's coming back?
She didn't say. Just that, once the Horus Heresy black library series ends, it'll be apparent he's going to return.
Good money says it has to do with the Sanguinor.

>she hasn't led the community false yet regarding what's to come.
Good thing we have all those SoB models in plastic then.

I've never seen her say we were getting Sisters, Link?

Go look at her fucking blog retard. You know who she is,

I am, and abusing ctrl+f. Looking in the wrong places on her blog may make me a retard, but at least I'm not so retarded I shifted of the burden of proof AND put an Ad Hominem fallacy into a single post.

>Waking the Emperor is next

Forge World is already making a Big E model for 30k. You can guarantee they will be inundated with requests for "8e Emperor Rules."

theyll never mak 30K Emperor

who wants a 10,000 point God Model?

He's already listed as an HQ / LoW choice in the Talons of the Emperor list in HH7.

That's the problem with waking up or reviving all your mythical lore figures and then statting them out to try to match the myth. You do it with one of them, and it's only a matter of time before you have to do it with all of them. Guilliman waking up was supposed to be one of those "this COULD happen and it would be SO IMPORTANT" type things. Same with the Ynnead or with the Emperor dying and transending to godhood in the warp after his death.

Problem is, if the Eldar are activating the Ynnead and the Imperial heroes are all coming back, then humanity has won the war, because those were the mythical victory targets for those factions.

The victory condition for Chaos is inevitability, for Tyranids it was the rest of the fleets show up - but the Nids are obvious push-overs by now. The Necrons have changed so I don't know what they care about. Tau are too small.

When Emps is released, I can't wait to see the math that will tell us EXACTLY how many grots it will take to tarpit him.

Isn't Heresy-era Horus statted out? You could probably assume the Emperor would be kinda stronger than that, plus enough psychic powers to make the Eldar feel inadequate.

Basic Horus is, not Super Saiyan Horus post-Molech. That is the version that will fight Big E in the last book.

>Chaos already cracked the galaxy in half
yes...
>and swallowed the majority of Leviathan into the Warp.
what the fuck
when, where and how.

Why are you tripfagging here you sad cunt

I already know his 40k stats. He's just a really blinged out fortification now. An absurdly high Wound Count and a 2+ rerollable save with automatic pass of all Ld and Morale rolls. And once per phase you can regenerate all spent CP on a 3+.

That's not a win in any sense of the word. They won every other battle save one. They came to Octarius with 90% of their special characters, got fought to a standstill, and had to leave. That's a draw.
If you want to pull the "it's a win because they got blood and skulls" then the Orks also won because they got a good scrap out of it and the tyranids won because they consumed the biomass of any fallen chaos mortals.

Orks and Tyranids. The only two races that can fight a war that both sides win. That is fucked up enough to make a BL novel series out of.

No, Chaos lost because it didn't actually accomplish anything nor defeat either of the forces it was sent up against. Khorne is apathetic towards all things, but the Chaos forces were suitably humble and defeated.

>b-but they weren't trying to win
>b-but they had to leave because the warpstorms

Good news for you then.

Only Imperium gets mythical figures who can one-shot titans

Ycarne is kinda weak and not half as powerful as Roman Guerillaman.

Only thing Ynnead has done is make it so that Eldar can spirit stone each other. But again, they still go to slaanesh when they die.

Eldar lost out super hard in the mythical figures area. Their Phoenix lords were powerful but then GW turned primarchs from above space marines to literal titanfucking demigods and put them in the rules. You would assume the new Eldar god would at least be on par with any random primarch but nope.

The dust never settles, user

In the span of a single paragraph.
Baal is saved from the Tyranids by a tsundere Bloodthirster.

>this WAAC list couldn't even kill Ghaz or the swarmlord
Even if that wasn't the reason they were there, it's pretty sad that this much star power couldn't do any more than stalemate a couple of NPC factions

>couldn't kill Jobberlord, Lord of Jobbing, who was created specifically to be a named character that could job to named characters to show how COOL and BADASS the other named characters are

Nope, the Warpstorm threw them randomly at that planet and they had no objective but to slaughter and kill in the time limit. They weren't there to defeat the Orks or Tyranids. They killed tons of Orks and Tyranids before leaving pleasing the Blood God which was their objective. Thy won and Khorne got his due.

They weren't there to specially kill anyone. They came and just saw a forest of mushrooms and bees and then went to harvesting as much as they can before the Warpstorm took them. We know that Warpstorms last for a short while. It's not enough time to harvest all the Orks and Nids and reach their bosses.

If they are bringing back the Emperor and giving him a model, then they better give Drach'nyen a model and rules so I can replay the Webway Battle and have Drach'nyen munch on the Emperor.

But was apparently enough time to wipe out entire hive worlds, forgeworlds, tomb worlds, hive fleets and win all but one other battle they were involved in. Most of the warpstorms lasted a few hours, but not all of them. And we know the blood crusade was split up into various groups heading out in different directions, picking up and dropping off new combatants all the time, so not every blood crusade battle had this many special characters show up at once.

Chaosfags trying to spin this into anything other than the forces of Khorne meeting their match are cancer

>Chaosfags trying to spin this into anything other than the forces of Khorne meeting their match are cancer

Nope, anti-Chaosfags trying to spin this as loss for the Blood Crusade are the cancer here. The Crusade had a clear objective and a set time limit. The 8th ED rulebook says that the daemons weren't concerned with anything other than creating as much slaughter and carnage as possible on as many places as possible. They achieved just that. No matter how you belly ache and pull win conditions out of your butt, it doesn't change the fact that the forces of Khorne got what they came for and left for another battle. And for the record, they would have left even if they were winning the battle.

>But was apparently enough time to wipe out entire hive worlds,

Could have taken a few hours. The Tau conquered an entire hiveworld one day. Are you saying that the Khornates cannot do better?

see

yes

not winning was their wincondition all along

>1 shot a titan
Think that honor belongs to Wazdakka... who was discontinued for some dumb reason. But whatever make a bunch of redundant human characters

They weren't there to kill him. So whatever.

One of the problems with the Nids, or benefits depending on how you look at it, is that the true Hive Fleet is so immeasurably huge that Behemoth, Kraken, and Leviathan are all merely tendrils of what's coming.

It allows them to lose regularly and often because "it's just a tendril and an ultimately futile attempt at staving off what's really out there", but at the same time means that they can never really win (because it makes all the other factions look bad) and are prime targets for being jobbed to show how BIG and THREATENING something is with accompanying "nah not really" for Nids. Chaos being an example, sure they split up huge chunks of the galaxy with the rift and such, except "just one galaxy big fucking deal, the REAL hive fleet chowed down on eight of those things already".

Personally I wouldn't mind if they'd been able to introduce a new, bigger tendril with the Indomitus Crusade time jump. Behemoth was broken by Ultramar. Kraken was broken by Iyanden. Leviathan was broken (allegedly) by Chaos/Orks. Seems like it's time for the next tendril hive fleet to be revealed at this point, but perhaps it'll happen when they get their 8E codex.

>and he finds Lorgar's ideology has dominated his father's entire empire even after the Emperor openly punished Lorgor for saying those things
Reportedly, when he woke up he started talking about the Imperial Truth.

The reactions he received were... unfavourable. He keeps his mouth shut about it now and recognises that it was a bad idea to talk openly about that sort of thing. Now he just grumbles and mutters and scowls internally every time he runs across a religious/spiritual thing, such as how he thinks "thank fuck I stopped the singing praises, that shit was fucking annoying" while the tech-priests are armouring him up in the DI novel. He's also arguing with himself about whether the Emperor is really a god or not.

So they just showed up and brawled for a few days?

That's anti-climactic.

Read Dark Imperium as a long Guilliman greentext about everything being terrible.

>stop talking about my guidebook like its a bible shit
>goddamnit Lorgar ruined everything
>should have fucked up that whatsitplace even harder
>Marneus Calgar more like Barney Failgar
>gonna rebuild ultramar, fuck these humans ruining it
>I'm not a god goddamnit no not even then
>stop singing
>custodes in my day were better
>why doesn't daddy love me
>where are my brothers
>I miss the good old days
>Great Crusade was baller
>bet my homeboys from then were better than these chadmarines Cawl made
>probably gets off on his nerdy ass making alphas
>is that a fucking AI
>fucking hell
>ecclesiarchy getting in my way
>stupid priests
>stupid inquisitors
>what do you fucking mean you can't even tell me the year
>can you not fucking count
>my feet hurt
>I wish I was crusading with my bros again

arent the nids and orks basically immune to chaos? how does chaos beat 2 armies that are immune to it

It literally says chaos was fought to a standstill, they then just left. Orks and nids are too much of a meat grinder, they realised they weren't making any progress in octarius and left

W9 really isn't much of an issue, as far as wounds go he isn't really much better than a carnifex, 2 lascannons could in theory take him out

His armour and revive though are where he gets silly

>Skarbrand
>Ka'Bandha
>Doombreed
>Kharn

These 4 crazy powerful fucks still couldn't make headway into NidOrk world

I like that the new lore is making Chaos even more Edgelord Sued than in the past.

Chaos tears are delicious. Cant you guys take a loss? Chaos ripped the galaxy in half and has raped almost EVERY race/ sector. They couldn't do anything to make the 2 Horde races really give a fuck in that fight. Just let the Xenos have this win

But when you grind meat down you get blood and skulls. The Blood Crusade got what they can for. Mountains of Ork and Tyranid skulls were reaped before the Warpstorm moved on.

And the Orks and Tyranids literally didn't budge, chaos couldn't push into either army to noticeably bother the bugs or shrooms. Where as the rest of the places they fought they steamrolled. Seems like Orks and Nids won the defensive battle

It wasn't a loss because the Chaos horde objective was only to fight as long as the Warpstorm stayed in the system. Howe many times do I have to repeat this? Your bellyaching can't change the fluff.

Khorne lost in Terra when the objective was to reach and kill the Emperor. In the Blood Crusade it was just a galactic harvesting force. No objective other than fighting and reaping for the sake of fighting and reaping.
> they realised they weren't making any progress in octarius and left

Winning, drawing, or losing. It didn't matter, the daemons were going to leave the moment the Warpstorm moved on. The Orks and Tyranids didn't drive off the daemons. Stop lying, dude.

You can call that a draw if you want but the daemons didn't want the planet or else they would have stayed. Khornate daemons NEVER retreat or flee from battle.

>, chaos couldn't push into either army to noticeably bother the bugs or shrooms.

Other than a single linem you don't know much about what happened. The combined might of nids and Orks fought a spear of the Blood Crusade to a standstill. That's all what's written. Don't headcanon.

Remember when Chaos had goals beyond "hehehe you cant stop us and we kill u for fun ;)"

It's both. It's always been both. The Chaos rulebooks says that Daemonic incursions can be directed towards a specific target/objective (Terra invasion, Webway War), or have no purpose beyond immediate slaughter and corruption, Sticking around as long the Warprift and Warpstorm remain active.

I just miss the days of Chaos when "blood for the blood god" wasn't a 24/7 meme and Chaos had genuine goals, plans, and weaknesses, rather than whatever it is now.

So no one won? This was just the worst fight chaos managed to do, but didn't lose it because "Chaos is so random, do what we want!"

Gj chaos

This

Go to bed, Carnac.

The guy always seemed like a Jesus character.

What if a Beast level Ork appears out of it.

>Gets in a time machine
>Got to the past
>2nd ED "Realm of Chaos" Khorne "God of mindless and absolute violence"
>Khornates have no friends

>Go to the future
>AoS "Blades of Khorne"
>Though Khorne is a blunt and direct god, he is master of all forms of warfare. A master strategist and tacticians. There is no tactic, faint, or manoeuvre that Khorne doesn't know about
>Firefist is a honest and good friend to Khayon. The Greater Daemon Ragged Knight called Firefist his brother and puked up a skull gift for Firefist

New fluff > old fluff

I thought daemons couldn't see nids though, since they dont have souls.
They dont even have blood, they have ichor!

>Tyranids have no souls

No, the Hivemind is their Oversoul and it can be eaten.

>yfw Yriel's spear entity devoured the mind of a Hive Tyrant and then latched itself on the Hivemind and started eating it. Causing the Hivemind harm and wounding it.

The daemons can fight Necrons just fine.

that wasn't the majority of leviathan you dunce, that was just a splinter fleet.

No, It says it's the END OF LEVIATHAN.

Orks got a good fight out of it, so objectively, they're the winners. Chaos is always a bridesmaid and never a bride as per the usual, so they came second and nids objectively lost because all the biomass they got out of it was wasted in the end.

>That pic
On a side note, Armor is a great little science fiction book

>LEVIATHAN’S FALL

>Hive Fleet Leviathan was the greatest Tyranid threat that the Imperium of Man had ever encountered, a gathering of bio-ships so vast that even the attempts of the noble Blood Angels and all their successor Chapters could not halt its advance. Having consumed the biomass of Human, Ork and Aeldari alike during its relentless advance across the galaxy, the largest tendril of Hive Fleet Leviathan was at the very height of its power, able to form new strategies and tactical counters at an exponential rate. Upon the Blood Angels’ home world of Baal, Commander Dante devised a series of formidable defensive fortifications and awaited Leviathan’s arrival. When the hive fleet’s shadow finally fell upon Baal and her twin moons, bloody battle was joined.

Since people can't read.

Notice the WAS word. Before coming to Baal and being defeated, Leviathan WAS the greatest Tyranid threat in the galaxy. Notice something else. The LARGEST Leviathan tendril went to Baal. Majority of the Fleet.

>Leviathan’s defeat came at great cost, and even then the hive fleet still has many smaller tendrils coiling through the galaxy. Worse, this defeat has merely slowed the threat posed by the Tyranids, not defeated it. With every passing year reports of new incursions arrive, as new hive fleets thrust their tendrils out of the void. Hive Fleet Hydra skirts the galactic rim, biding its time as it gathers up the scattered splinter fleets of previous invasions. Scylla and Charybdis carve parallel paths through Segmentums Pacificus and Solar, far too close to the Imperium’s heartlands, while Hive Fleet Jormungandr cuts its way down from the northern edge of the galaxy. Yet the fear is that these are merely the vanguard of a far greater entity, the true form of the Hive Mind simply softening up the galaxy before it makes its presence known.

Leviathan was defeated. All that remains are smaller Tyranids being eaten by Hydra.

>No, the Hivemind is their Oversoul and it can be eaten.
Source

"Valedor" and "Wraithflight".

>orks been fighting a smaller nid tendril for hundred of years unable to win
>Imperium defeats the largest nid tendril in less than a year

How can the Orks recover from this?

>>Imperium defeats the largest nid tendril in less than a year

They didn't though, imperium was losing hard, even after necrons helped, a warp storm appeared, carried the entire fleet "away" and a bloodthirster wiped out a bunch of them. Imperium managed to beat one planet of nids that had no fleet support/ reinforcements

wtf is a Warp Beast?

Orks won by default, they can't actually lose the goal they had, because it was a big krump and there's only down from that for them. Chaos killing as many things as possible is sort of mitigated by the fact that the things involved were orks and nids, which basically mean Chaos was just kicking sand in a desert.

>Literally the first I've heard of chaos fighting in the Octavian war.

GOD FUCKING DAMN IT ARE YOU FOR REAL

So let's put this into perspective, I was the faggot a few months back when 8th was being teased, and we had just seen the galaxy map with the giant warp rift for the first time, who asked what the Fuck was going on with Octarus. GW hadn't said Shit, and none of you faggots had any idea. They had advanced the plot, and as far as anyone was concerned it was Only Orks v Tyranids.

BUT WAIT IT GETS WORSE

Are you serious right now. Khorne gets involved. Can we not have a single fucking story in this entire fucking universe where Chaos or the God Damn Imperium of Man DONT get involved?

THIS WAS MEANT TO BE AN ORKS V TYRANIDS ONLY CONFLICT. WHY THE FUCK COULDN'T YOU FAGGOTS JUST LEAVE US TO IT

You chaos faggots are worse than Imperial faggots. Death is too good for you

GOD FUCKING DAMN IT

>WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
All I'm hearing. Why dont you go read the actual fluff before sperging out.

>WAAAAAAAAGH
Oddly fitting then