So let's chat about XVG (Verge)

So let's chat about XVG (Verge)

I bought $30k into Verge at 360 sat, just sold $100k in Verge at 1600 sat.

I may become the "HODL" meme tomorrow. I'm fine with that.

Let's chat about why I sold Verge. Maybe it can save one of you.

1. John Mcafee is a paid shill, and doesn't add any value to a coin besides his ability to pump
2. Verge has great marketing, and some mediocre developers building the coin on dogecoin's mediocre codebase. Their skill is truly in marketing.
3. The top 10 holders control nearly 30% of Verge's 16B+ supply.
4. Verge is incredibly overpriced after these obscene gains.
5. Wraith protocol has been used as a hype marketing chip. They could miss their timeline for the 4th time. There could be a major flaw in their code. Either of these would be a total disaster; destroying the value and reputation of this coin.
5. Whales (I suspect, and cannot prove, that they are the founders exiting) have put up a $42M sell wall leading up to 2100 satoshi. The extra 25% gain wasn't worth the risk for me, personally.
6. Their coin is literally just a hype machine. It took me a while to see it. I was fooled. They have great marketing. A clean website. Constant releases. The CEO tweeted today announcing a "big partnership" with coinhouse.eu - a French exchange that strictly sells XVG for fiat currencies - with a 1.7 BTC trade volume. Presumably, this exchange is owned by Verge and is acting as another way for them to cash out - it is overinflated, the founders know it, and are exiting.

I'm already out of Verge. I won't be buying back in. I don't really have a stake in the outcome, but I hope someone here can start putting the pieces together and save themselves before it heads back to 100 sat.

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/tYxZhbb
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Sold at 75 sats, exactly what this piece of shit is worth. NO regrets.

Good call on selling, hopefully others get out before they get burned.

Here was my account an hour ago. I cashed in to BTC.

I'm proud of you.
You took away a lot of dumb money there.
Good job.

Now never step into a project like verge again to solve your greed problems and the gods will grant you many blessings.

BZC

Congrats op, I guess not all people are following this hype blindly. Some people are gonna be left holding something that won't get to the price they bought, ever again.

I'm salty I sold about 100k Verge because it didn't do shit.

I refused to buy into this pump when it started because I knew what to expect from them. Seeing it literally poke top 10 was infuriating.

I take solace in the fact that sooooo many ppl are going to their shit anally gaped when whales dump and this goes back to zero where it belongs.

I absolutely was that guy for the last few days. I wish I wasn't so naive, but greed clouds my judgment.

It is still a decent technology. Maybe it's a top 50 coin. Maybe an appropriate price is 750 sat, or 1000 if wraith goes off without a hitch. But there is no VALUE behind their coin. It's all marketing smoke and mirrors.

This coin is purely pumped on dumb money from noobs, it's gonna suck for them when they get dumped on, but that's what you get for not researching this coins history

no my son you have been deluded by the verge shills. xvg doesn't even have good technology.
they can't compete with any of the competition at all. it doesn't even have any privacy functions at the moment. none at all!

Dumped after I 5x'd due to it being too whale heavy.

Wraith will be these in 4 days. Youre going to get rekt

You guys are so fucking stupid.

This market is 80% hype. This coin has hype. I have 250k verge and I sold 150k at 1700 sats last night, but I won’t be surprised in the slightest if it breaks 2k by EOY, particularly if BTC breaks 15k EOY.

Doge coin has over a 1bn market cap? Literally half the coins in the top 20 have nothing but hype and a shitty desktop wallet. If you bought in low and sold high, well done, but if you honestly believe a working product and good code is what fuels investment in this market, you’re retarded. It’s speculation purely driven by hype, whether that be up or down is irrelevant. The market is a hive mind/pack of sharks. It smells blood in the water, the closest sharks come in for a bite, push the price up and retards fan the flame and push the green/red candles. It’s why this market moves sideways for weeks and then on fucking tweet moves a coin 50%.

discord.gg/tYxZhbb

Reported Pajeet.

Yep, the reason the crypto space is on the shitters, enjoy while it lasts, where hype means more than actual product, and devs who are willingly lying to their investors just get rich by promoting trash.

Finally a thread with common sense. It's a flimsy bull market and most people here are too fucking greedy to see it. Great move OP selling while you're ahead.

The devs have literally no motivation to develop the product. We've all made them millionaires.

Man you guys are shilling this coin hard tonight. Stop pissing your self after your bags. Did you buy the peak, probably. Just hold you pussy.

To everyone else. This coin will go to 1000 sats, dont buy OPs dead cat, buy the dip.

What's the go with these discord links?
are they a scam or a virus?

And the hype machine on a non product continues. The OP actually has a fucking point if you read it carefully and do the proper research, I invite you to go to their GitHub and see how things are going.

>all my keks when it collapses.

Any1 help me out what are these discord links plz

All I wanna do is sell, but cunts keep making tiny sell orders within one sat of each other right ahead of me.

I actually made a profit. If they take that away, I'm going into maximum murder mode.

Bro can I please have .1? Having an extremely shitty day.
14shuZgnse6gz2VWh35eVduy3FQZoUnChN

It is not based on Dogecoin codebase. That's what the developer said.

we beggars now

Great comment.

lol

Nice fud. At what price did you just buy in?

Please make a counter argument, or go choke on a cock.

The whales are dumping on these poor bastards on Christmas for fucks sake.

Bought at 67 sats and sold at 1831. I made a lot of money but like OP said it's a lot of vaporware, it's not a useless coin per se, but the cap right now IS NOT the right value. The hype steam is getting colder by the minute and a large dump is expected, if you get sentimental by your investment you are gonna get butt fucked. The OP didn't fud, he was actually pretty conservative about this situation.

It's crashing
>kek

>when you are invested in verge and want to buy more so you convince all these Veeky Forums retards to sell their verge so you can buy the dip

it's genius really, too bad most people on here have only lmao $1-2k in TOTAL

>It's 1300 sats now
Should've sold all of them

Bots do this in most markets, sell in bull runs, if you're trying to get out just hard dump into the buy orders.

I finally got out. I made 2 LTC off this shit, and I consider it a win just to get out breaking even.

You do realize that marketing is the only important thing, right? No one cares about technology or actual use cases, it's all about hype and nothing else. I'd rather invest in a coin with a good PR team than excellent tech.

This 100%

Crypto is purely speculative with no correlation to any technology or white paper.

You don’t seriously think that crypto prices are down to the technological aspect do you?

So glad I dumped all mine just in time.

Hence the market getting a deserved crash, the products with real products will stay, fast money grabs and pumps will die. If you invest in proper products your risk is a lot less than an investment on a shitcoin. I can't predict the future but I'm pretty sure soon we will see a lot of posts of people crying for chasing the pump...

Fuck you fucking money-hating techfag. We could keep this ponzi going forever if it wasn't for people like you.

Ponzi schemes NEVER last forever, even if everyone would gather around to make it work...you don't know what a ponzi means I guess...
On contrary to your belief, it's the technology that will support proper growth and real gains, and with that I can say I really love money, I'm just smart with my investments.

>sold 50% at 1800
>buy again at 1300

Good job, are we heading for 2000 now?

>ponzi
>forever

Yep, crypto is doomed.

>bought the dead cat.

It could be, I'm aiming more towards a dead cat bounce, but it can reach 2000 yes if they start pumping again.

this coin is so heavily manipulated by whales. its become quite liquid because of it, and the massive about of shilling. Remember, any dev team/community can seem loyal until theyre overnight millionaires. But also, the thirst for greed is huge. This community wants it to reach 1 dollar, and i dont doubt itll get close. would rather blow it all and risk it than sell and be safe.

I bought xvg last year at 9 sats, 2.2 million of them. I sold everything off into btc over the summer before this massive pump. I saved a small stash, thankfully, that has done me well. And i refuse to touch it now with a 10 foot pole. I will risk it all so i wont have to feel the burning dread of losing a half a million dollars in potential profit.

You my friend grasp the concept of risk management, most of this retards have no idea what they are doing (yes some of them might win from time to time, but probability distribution for success long term is really grim) , the whales are the ones who dictate the market, and XVG reeks market manipulation.

compounding interest. everyone looks for a 100x moon coin but ill take a 5x and 2x a bunch of times adding up and running up the score. Ive scalped verge from 200 sats to 2k sats, and it all ends up adding up in the end, as long as ur stack is enough to pay out big in the end. The problem is these markets are so volatile. You're a fool if you think you can battle the whales. The best thing to do is understand when price battles are blatant manipulations of the market, and know how to take advantage of them. Huge price war right now in the buildup to 1700sats again.

To me, ill never lose on xvg, so its just one giant lotto ticket in the hands of a few wealthy neets. I highly recommend anyone that is into XVG to recognize the same patterns that happened to DGB over the summer. massive shilling, big talking points, leading to a massive bull run and a fairly steady decline. Not saying xvg will follow, but history rhymes.

Also, its really key to realize that even if a market is highly manipulated, doesn't mean it will fail. BTC is manipulated as fuck, and people still manage to make a ton of money off of it. XVG still has some room to grow, i truly believe that. But a few days ago it was only a few hundred sats. Take that into consideration when you trade.

It's been a real shitcoin for longer than its been a moon ticket.

>Coinpouch hacked and everyone loses XVG
>McShitinmymouthyou3rdworldbridgetroll shills it right after

hmmmmm.....

I understand your point of view, and it's a fair point indeed, I think it's a matter of how much risk are you willing to take, sometimes it pays off, in case of verge it had easy swing trades to be made. I made a huge amount of money with this, but I'm not gonna get sentimental because this made me money, people are gonna get dumped soon, it all points out to that. At least you do a proper point instead of mumbling random crap, like they know how the market works.

youll never beat the market. dont be emotional to your coins and treat them like family, but also dont drop them at the first sign of a drop.

to me, im so leveraged in other coins, that if verge goes to shit, its okay. itll sting but its okay. ive used xvg profits to funnel into other coins and pumps, and some into pure btc. Just be smart in realizing NONE of us know what will happen. Manage your risk/reward, scalp profit, and dont lose sleep over this shit.

I hope all you losers miss out on millions in future games. Go ahead and dump, it’s you fags that ruin the game for the rest of us. Root you all out and let the real people who want to make $ stay on board. Come back crying when you see this coin at $1 in February.

also its highly likely theres gonna be a huge alt selloff into pure btc soon. Dollar average means nothing. Dont bleed out on btc value because you hold your alts too long.

Hey op you forgot the Dogecoin Dark fud

Again, no arguments. Only raging cumshittery and cocksuckery.

This is a blatant Ponzi. You are going to be ruined.

You sons of bitches will beg us for 10 Verge in April 2018 just watch

>no arguments
>it's a Ponzi
really makes me think

Verge will be top 10 by February screencap this

Buy DECRED instead, better tech, just a better privacy coin overall. It's gonna replace both Monero and Verge.

XVG still has some steam left in it, but dont be afraid to take profits. HODL works, but its often better to just scalp profits into btc if youre holding a large stack. If you have like, 50k or less verge coins, just fuckin HODL. But anything above that, dont be afraid to sell off 5% of your stack during runs like these.

Naive, you are, it shows you have no clue how the market works, even if we all "played" the game someone would get fucked, the money comes from somewhere...

Not really, Verge will rise then slowly bleed, since it's based on vaporware, like I said earlier, please go and check their code, it's nothing new... Verge Protocol is one hell of a hype stunt, congrats to the for that

Well, it's not a ponzi per se, but people are on the crypto space for the wrong reasons, it will bite them if they continue to risk it without a proper risk management plan

Decred has zero privacy. They mentioned something about privacy increase in a roadmap, thats it.

So it's the same as Verge?

Dogecoin dark?

c u at 300 sats

This. Sold yesterday to avoid correction. I have small capital so gains are small.

Anyway, the coin is shit, and I think 2018 will be the "cleanup" year - good coins will climb up because people will run out of money to invest in every shit there is.

Very rare to see a post with actual thoughts and ideas. The posts are almost homogenously shilling. The majority of the few posts left are speculation, not exactly a significant step up. I was thinking about jumping on the verge gravy train but after your post and some thinking of my own I decided against it. Even if it pumps, I don't want accumulate this coin.

Verge wont be going lower. Buy now or forever hold your dicks.

You're not wrong, but investing this way is just gambling. At least by investing in something backed by good tech you have reason to believe it will eventually go up.

If you believe in private cryptos dump the verge profits into pivx or zcoin, those are the best privacy coins atm. They are the only competitors to monero because they implement the zerocoin protocol which is technologically superior to cryptonote

That being said, monero will also have part of the spotlight in 2018, so you might put a bit into it too.

Scam... how the fuck could they be a virus.

They want to invite you to channels that organize pump and dumps to get you to buy their bags as they dump on you.

My uneducated advice is to just invest in something with a solid project with real world use and a trustworthy team with sufficient credentials and hold onto it. It may not make you a millionaire overnight but if you're patient it could in a couple years.

I will consider zcoin seriously once the richlist is no longer accessible. It's such an in your face 'we are flawed' move.

If you really do just want to sell right now, bite the fucking spread bullet and sell at market. Otherwise bots will own your ass.