/CofD/ & /wodg/ Chronicles of Darkness and World of Darkness General

Previous thread: >Pastebin:
pastebin.com/7HiVphFm
>News
kickstarter.com/projects/200664283/chronicles-of-darkness-dark-eras-2
paradoxinteractive.com/en/white-wolf-partners-with-focus-home-interactive-for-a-video-game-adaptation-of-the-world-of-darkness-storyteller-game-werewolf-the-apocalypse/
>This week's Monday Meeting Notes:
theonyxpath.com/pros-and-cons-and-kickstarters-monday-meeting-notes/
>Question:
Just how retarded is Phil Brucato?
>5th editons cliffnotes
pastebin.com/cp0r59da

Other urls found in this thread:

theonyxpath.com/yarr-there-be-a-pirates-dark-era/
strawpoll.me/13526111
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Oppressive, elitist, interested in making sure the trains run on time. Self-reported reason that trees no longer demand blood tribute. The idea that they serve the Exachs, is much the same premise as serving CONTROL or Friend Computer(both interesting ideas some times handled _very_ badly).

Yeah, that's the self-righteousness of the Technocracy. In the end the Technocracy of owod was more often used as the stick against players from doing completely silly things like mind controlling ambassadors in the United Nations. That's if you use them at the high end of their power, which in itself is also silly.

The Techies work much better in its decline and not the over arching Big Brother it can be played as. It suffered from the Global conspiracy bloat that alot of the owod splat factions had. In the end, the Techies are just as much mages as the PCs, and just as human as the PCs. They are better used as a mirror to the players to show how they are fucking up.

I like the OP art

>Just how retarded is Phil Brucato?
Extremely. Also, here is your daily reminder that hes a goat fucker.

Technocracy think what they're doing is right, and ostensibly want a future where all of mankind can be powerful, secure, and safe.

Seers want overt global slavery and subjugation of everyone who isn't them. They're unapologetic about that.

While Phil is a weapons-grade douche, he's only part of the problem. The majority of fault lies with RichT. He's the one who hired Phil and allowed him to make M20 his personal pet project. As the owner, "creative director" and ultimate editorial authority at OPP, RIch had more than ample opportunity to put an end to, or at least mitigate, the abomination that is M20.

Phil is a fool and an ass for much of what was included or omitted in M20, but the buck stops at Rich.

Arguable you could consider that the Monolith has distanced themselves from their original purpose of uplifting the entirety of mankind, or have simply failed to. Given the time and resources available to them we should all be riding fucking hoover-broads like their POGROM promised in their propaganda (Back to the Future etc etc). I'm certain that their are cracks in the Monolith that are still genuine about uplifting humanity, just as I'm certain that others view global superiority and tyranny as their primary objective.

Both organizations have "won" their respective global magical conflicts. Both of these organizations use Sleeper societies in an attempt to control their awareness of Cosmic truths such as fucking Cthulhu just outside the destroyed asteroid belt. The Techies are either the HumanityFuckYeah protecting the common man against dragons and werewolves, or they are TheMan oppressing and keeping the common man from reaching their potential. The Seers want to keep everything in complete statis because 1) the Exachs said to 2) they get prizes for being good lap dogs 3) the Fallen World is supposedly the best that the Sleepers can hope for.

The Seers believe that the Exachs brought about order from the chaos of the Old World(read the supernal realms/atlantis whateve). And that they are charged to keep the Prison/Jail/Lie/World in tact because the balance of the Fallen World is so delicate to begin with. Of course all is likely fucking Lie and the Seers are mostly just bowing down to the biggest power players in hopes to get candy.

He's not, he's a god.

What would you have to do to the setting to cast Seers as the good side?

Okay this I have to hear, when did he fuck goats?

Make them the only thing holding back the Abyss,if you really wanted. It's entirely possible that, in a universe where the gods of tyranny and control rule, the forces of free will and liberation pose a real risk of causing Armageddon.

The world may suck, but at least it's not as bad as it could be.

Pttfffff, the Seers, the good guys?

Nah, hell no. I could make them arguably relatable and run a Seer Chronicle by sending a group of them into a vampire infested city and telling them to clean up the place. A very strong instruction from on-high that this city is ripe for the taking with all manner of wealth and political power that drives those suckers.

You see the vampires are an example of the aberration that ought not belong in the Fallen World, but still persists. They are a chaotic element that brings suffering to the sleepers. And damnit if they aren't putting a strain on the healthcare industry.

I foresee plenty of opportunity from them to magically abuse this population, but in the end the residents of the city replace bloodsucking monsters for sorcerous kings. And then it becomes a question of whether you want more economic growth or better healthcare. You trade one evil for another. And in both cases some people are going to be more better off than others.

The whole point is that it doesn't work that way in the setting as is, but what's the least you can change to make it so that it does.

>They are better used as a mirror to the players to show how they are fucking up.

The problem is if you do that correctly, any sane PC will jump shit and join the Technocracy because, friendly reminder: everything you know and love about the modern age is because of the Technocracy. If the Traditions had their way, everyone who isn't a mage would be a dirt-farmer living a life of utter squalor and completely disenfranchised while mages jacked it to how awesome they are in literal ivory towers made to look like penises.

Because the Technocracy are, by any sane standard, the right side.

Unless you are a glue huffing goat fucker who believes in real magic.

this user has an interesting idea.

Having said that user has an interesting idea, I'd rather avoid the metaphysical answer here. They're people, they're mages. Organizations can produce terrible results, but individuals in those organizations are doing what they believe to be best. In their best interests, or in the best interests of those they care about. Or the best they have justified for themselves.

What would that have to do with it?

Isn't it sorta implied that best waifu is keeping the Abyss at bay?

Brucato literally doesn't understand science or what it is. I wouldn't be surprised if he actually thinks scientists IRL are evil and oppressing freedom.

Except that wasn't M20 actually nicer to the Technocracy than previous books?

He didn't write that section at all, that's why its actually readable.

Wait, does Brucato believe in magic?

More than can be understood by mortal minds.

Jumping to the idea that the Technocracy literally invented sliced bread there. I reject the premise that the Technocracy is responsible for every advancement that humanity has been since the Order of Reason was founded. They didn't even give the Bomb to the Americans. Infact they freaked the fuck out that they tested the nuclear bomb in the islands. They honestly thought that the nations would use nuclear power as their new energy source to combat the upcoming energy crisis scheduled for the end of the century. Damn if didn't we fuck that up for them.

Putting that aside, have you considered the possibly of major reforms instead of defecation? I believe there's the New Horizon Council was created in the absence of the old Nine. With new governance could come new policy.

>he literally thought people would cast spells.
But MtAs had been out for 20 years...? I fucking can't wrap my head around this level of stupidity.

>TFW you fuck up a post 4 times.

Yes, its why paradigm was gutted in m20, he literally thought people would cast spells.

He also thought that playing a nephandi would make you IRL evil.

God knows what he thinks eating the wrong food during a game would do.

>people will use the magic in the book to cast real magic
>playing evil makes you evil
He pulled a self-inflicted satanic panic. God damn.

Meant for

There's a section where it talks about 'putting energy into your life' where it talks about Nephandi. It's pretty direct in the implications with him being a 'real life spiritualist'. He's a fucking looney tune.

Yes, he cut back Paradigms from M20 because he thought people would use it to cast real magic.

The funny part being that this fucknugget doesn't even understand actual Occultism either. He has roughly the same knowhow on the 2spooky4me magic he has to censor as the science he attempts to shittalk.

Its just another OPP dev ruining the best part of a game with their ideology. Par for the course with RichT at the helm sadly.

What kind of idiot do you have to be to believe in that shit anyway?

>he cut back Paradigms from M20 because he thought people would use it to cast real magic.

I really want to know how much of this is conjecture and how much of this is true. It would explain a lot. But some sources/references would convince me more.

Not an idiot at all, Brucato's version of occultism is completely non-functional but some magic does work.

As much as I'd love to get into a shitposting contest with you /x/fag, I was talking about thinking that magic published in a 20 year old RPG book would work, not magic in general.

>Putting that aside, have you considered the possibly of major reforms instead of defecation?

I have never considered not shitting all over the Traditions because they have shit all over humanity for thousands of years and continue to do so to this day.

So you concede that some magic does in fact work?

No, but you still completely misread and/or deliberately misinterpreted what I was saying in order to have an excuse to shitpost your retarded beliefs.

/x/fag please invoke some bleach into your stomach or a bullet into your tiny, tiny brain.

Why would I even want to do that? And it's not retarded just because you've never personally seen the evidence of its truth.

Why do you feel the need to immediately go there the second I start saying things? If anyone's being off-topic, it's not me, it's you.

Since there's no gamefinder thread up and all the ones that do come up die almost instantly, this is probably my best shot:
I'm looking to run (Or rather, continue) a Cyberpunk VtM game, and need some players to beef up what I have already.

I say continue because it takes place in the same continuity as a game I ran to completion before, though with only one returning player and character that doesn't mean all too much.

Games are likely to happen on Saturdays after 6:30PM Pacific Standard Time, or at around 2PM PST on Thursdays. With luck, some Sundays could be open as well. This is just due to my sporadic as fuck work schedule.

For more info, or if you want to join, or whatever, just hit me up on Discord; KZh#6787 I'm going to sleep fairly soon, so if I don't respond right away, that's why.

My response:
WHERES MY FUCKING HOVERBOARD???

You just didn't want it hard enough.

Oh shit. You using the World of Future Darkness / Cyberpunk 2020 stuff or is it homebrew, also, voice or text?

HE'S BACK

Forgot to note, the game is text-based and run over Roll20.
Using World of Future Darkness/Cyberpunk 2020, with a lot of modifications and such. I have a big design document for it.

In a pile of broken dreams created by the Traditions undermining the Technocracy.

The Technocracy could've given us flying cars if the Traditions would stop being fuck-monglers.

Maybe through a Pentex subsidiary but there's always a price to progress.

So I just read the previous thread.

I am of the opinion that Awakening does not deserve Arthurian Britain as a setting piece. Anyone else agree?

Holy fuck sign me up.

>kneepads
>cum collection bib
They start so young these days

Who's back?

No, because this is actually far more cannon for mage than even the paper thin 'pirates' era justification. Merlin (A cannon CofD mage) is far more important to Camelot than anything about the fae.

Fuck off. You Changeling faggots are all the same. Mage barely touched Dark Eras as much as your gay ass splat did.

>muh homebrew tier setting
no one cares

You'd want to do it because you're a shitposter and you thrive on misery. And what is retarded is ignoring all of science in favor of your placebo/confirmation bias delusions.

Bullshit

Camelot screams 'Fae'. Merlin could easily be remedied into a Wizened instead of a mage.

So? It has way more prevalence than Awakening.

I'm sorry the obviated truth hurts, crap user.

Your delicate flower act is getting old fast.

>Camelot screams 'Fae'. Merlin could easily be remedied into a Wizened instead of a mage.
Except its already too late for that, given they already wrote Merlin in to the setting years ago.

I am not a shitposter, and what possible joy would I take in the suffering of others. And as I've said before, placebos can't do the impossible and confirmation bias can't give me information I'd have no way of knowing.

no it's pointless because the devs have already decided what they're doing regardless what we think

Just write it yourself fag

Merlin is a fucking Archmage, you self righteous prick.

The entire Arthurian Legend was entirely an orchestration of his set up for the purpose of Ascension.
The Aeon of Fate itself is mirrored after the story, and doesn't have anything to do with the Wyrd.

It's not that I take particular offense at it, it's just strange that you feel the need to post it whenever I say something. If it genuinely bothered me, I wouldn't post on Veeky Forums.

So yeah you guys remember that shitty RL wiztard that molests his hippy coworkers?

Except no. Because changelings cannot do anything remotely as poweful as what merlin does in the arthurian legend.

Living backwards in time stream.

Changeling whores can fuck right off

What turning people into squirrels? That's not all that special

CAMELOT BELONGS TO THE MAGES

I don't molest anyone. Can you please stop making things up about me?

It's telling that you couldn't object to any other part of that description.

Yeah its not like he's Phil Brucato, who changed his name to that of a sexually predatory animal and tries to bang women in relationships.

You can tell because he figured out how to post on the internet, ol' Phil couldn't even figure out how to post on reddit so he rage quit an ama.

Ok /x/fag, i'm going to give ONE (1) chance to redeem yourself, stat what you think is ''real magic''.

Not /x/fag but what do you mean by stat?

>What is an E

theonyxpath.com/yarr-there-be-a-pirates-dark-era/

Rituals involving the contacting, summoning, and bargaining with of spirits.

What would Brucato think if he saw this thread?

That we all played too many Nephandi.

strawpoll.me/13526111
strawpoll.me/13526111
strawpoll.me/13526111

Rip changeling fag if people choose arthurian legend.

Your a cuck if you don't think you didn't vote for perfect mix.

Mage deserves it more, but it would be interesting to see both lines together for once.

Especially considering the social stigma amongst its respective fans.

That Mage players are the classic permavirgins, and Changeling players are the only people desperate enough to ever consider rectifying that?

The other parts are misinterpretations of accurate information, that part was completely made up from top to bottom.

>other parts
so you're not a wizard or a hippy. but you still flip your boss's skirt while role playing on the internet

Are you this fucking desperate for validation, that you come shitpost on Veeky Forums just to get someone to say they buy into your retarded worldview?

Wizard is a really overblown term for what I do, and hippie depends on how you define it, but as I said before, I don't have a boss, and I definitely don't sexually assault anyone.

Who the fuck would vote for Changeling?

That's not what I was doing at all, I was just trying to clarify a statement the other poster made that I wasn't sure what it meant.

why the fuck not?

oh so you're just the homeless guy freaking out the librarian staff while jacking it to mlp

Probably because Mage deserves it more, and has actual canon elements surrounding it.

In fact, the entire thing is Mage related.

Because 2e is shaping up to be a disaster so Changeling Dark Eras are a waste of space.

Hey, how he summons his... I don't know any of the character names, The pink one. How he summons her as a Tulpa is between him, his unholy creation and the security guard that has to chase him away and clean up his mess.

No, as I've said before, I do have a job, I work in a cooperative, where we don't have bosses. I am also not homeless, and I would never masturbate in public.

So what can Mages do with Arthurian Britain then if it's all something a big swinging dick NPC Mage is already booked to win at?

Why are you all so drawn to making up foundless stories about me?