Today at christmas lunch I tried to explain crypto and blockchain tech etc to some boomers

Today at christmas lunch I tried to explain crypto and blockchain tech etc to some boomers.
(because they asked about it)

I should have just kept quiet, holy shit some boomers are retarded.

>stay away from them magic fake monies
>muh gold

Literally don't even want to hear about it even though they asked me. Stay poor boomer faggots and more free monies for me...

just wanted to vent

They are right. It is you who is the retard.

Sounds like someone didn't sell at the right time

Not only boomers. A lot of my friends are ~30yo normies and they always go buuUUUuubbbl when we talk about crypto.

I know this feel man, fucking retards will be begging me for money next christmas

in this shit since early 2012 and this is a bubble; just doesn't mean it ends tomorrow, might just be the start but don't be delusional about it. that's how you miss the exit.

Don't tell your boomer parents, for goodness' sake. This is almost always their reaction, even if you have made mad gains. I haven't told mine.

never tell anyone about crypto or discuss it or tell anyone how many coins you have

at best they will ask you when or what to buy

at worst you get tortured for your private keys

but its SO HARD. I come from a working class family and I've made my mothers' yearly salary in a month. I just want to share my happiness with them all but they are so resentful and suspicious. I have EXPLAINED the Byzantine general problem, digital signatures, how the unregulated nature of the market makes it far easier to make gains but they just don't get it

they were probably seriously discussing admitting you to mental hospital against you will after you left

don't be a braggart asshole and fuck those who don't want to get educated
never tell anyone about your stack OR which coins to buy
people resent success they are not a part of and place responsibility for their misplaced investments into your lap
fuck 'em

Just show em your gains

I tried to talk to my dad about “Bitcoin” aka crypto the other day & it didn’t go well. He basically stormed out of the room saying he’s not an economist & doesn’t want to know about it.

Wtf is wrong with these people? They’re afraid of easy money or something

it's the (((programming)))
their whole lives they've been fed shit that ain't real, what makes you think that'd change

They are right
You have imaginary black laundering money from Belarusian Mafia
They have legal white approves money from bankster Mafia

Criminal

>I don't know anything about it so I'd rather continue to be ignorant than show any semblance of humility or intellectual curiosity

Capitalism is great because it generally ensures stupid people stay poor

Probably. I shouldn't feel so bad about the fact I'm more intelligent than my family

You can't because that would mean cashing out your position to fiat.

my folks are intellectuals and they both fell for the aforementioned (((programming)))
hard work, fair pay, fruit of your labour, pulled by your bootstraps, savings account, pension ponzi kind of focus
can't blame them tho, you'll be an anachronism yourself too when you're old someday

>get rich as fuck
>don't install boobytraps and concealed weaponry fucking everywhere
>not getting an armored car
>not having a dummy safe with fake money and fake gold bars with IEDs inside

always be prepared for the worst.

Thank you for sharing user, now I don't feel like I'm alone anymore. Surrounded by blithering idiots who treat me with nothing but disrespect when I kindly invite them into crypto investing.

But remember, this is the time where you separate the sheep from the lions. If they ever disrespect and reject your kind offer don't ever give them a single cent ever. Let them rot in cancer.

Yeah the thing is, my dad is a project manager at a fucking gold mine. That’s what I don’t get, he’s not dumb labour force tier.

I can’t figure it out but I fe user is 50% correct...

>He basically stormed out of the room
>doesn’t want to know about it

sounds like a temper tantrum...i can understand, if you worked your ass off all your life, and you see people winning the lottery, it's not weird to get salty about that.

>project manager
>he’s not dumb labour force tier
user...

You're telling him the money he has worked for and saved all his life will soon be for naught. Crypto will soon enough be a rival to fiat. They don't know it yet, but they can feel it