What are some simple, perfectly acceptable chatacter ideas...

What are some simple, perfectly acceptable chatacter ideas? There's so much negativity about red flags and bad tropes but let's be pleasant for a while.

>A satirist court jester bard thay went just a bit too far, and is now in the run for the greatest joke her ever told
>A reformed thief trying to make some honest scratch through adventuring

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_FdnA4SyYzE
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Don't worry about what people on Veeky Forums think and just make a character that's fun for you to play.

this, Veeky Forums is full of sad, bitter shells of what once were people, most will ridicule and cry "Special Snowflake" on literally any character concept you present them with. Better to just make a fun character concept that you will enjoy playing rather than what Veeky Forums accepts.

Well I know that, but I'm also interested I setting people come up with concise ideas for compelling characters.

In my experience the best way to build a character is too think of a backstory and motivation for adventure with blank spaces wherever the proper nouns are, and then fill those blanks in with setting-relevant names and places after talking to the DM. The whole thing should be summarizable in one sentence.

>An old soldier who retired to a lonely farm has their homestead mysteriously burn down; they suspect foul play from an old enemy and are seeking answers.

A paladin that's really, REALLY devoted to the cause of good and justice. The kind of paladin who forces himself into a peasant's house to make his children eat their veggies, or who reads children's stories at orphanages during his downtime (all while never removing his helmet or armor), or smacks unruly teenagers over the head when they talk back to their parents and forces them to publically apologize for their misconduct. He becomes very popular among the local populace, and if they had to name one thing they dislike about him the only thing they'd mention is his tendency to crash through doors and not fix them.

A FUCKING HUMAN FIGHTER

WHY? BECAUSE THIS FUCKER IS SO GODDAMN BLAND THAT YOU CAN'T AVOID ACTUALLY HAVING TO DEVELOP A PERSONALITY FOR HIM.

NOW, FOR A FEW FUCKING IDEAS
>Amuro Ray, if he was a cavalier instead of a mecha pilot
>Theo Goodman, acts like your typical straitlaced heroic farmboy. The current market is currently saturated by "deconstructions" of this archetype, so by just doing it properly you'll end up actually being sort of fresh. Not to mention that playing as a genuine hero is pen and paper on hard mode.
>René de Chevalier. When the real René died by falling of his horse and drowning in a river, his manservant Ren took his identity in order to preserve the honor of the de Chevalier house. Of course, Ren is neither a paladin nor nobleman, but maybe his heart is more noble than both? Find out the true nature of truth, nobility, duty and justice as Ren must weave tales of falsehood to answer the calling of NOBLESSE OBLIGE

I want to play a hotblooded martial artist girl but a lot of systems would make it mechanically boring.

I read an idea on Veeky Forums once about a bard that is a stoic and gifted child who plays a violin or flute or keyboard like she is playing at a recital. Motivation is fame and to bringing the glory of music to the world, but gets caught up in adventures and the like.

>A non-standard race that left their homeworld to see more of the world and learn new culture
It's useful for new players too since other players can explain the setting and mechanics without breaking characters.
>An old soldier who retired to a lonely farm has their homestead mysteriously burn down; they suspect foul play from an old enemy and are seeking answers.
That sounds like it could make for a fun lighthearted campaign. An old soldier, after having his house burnt down, travels around and recruits his old war buddies to find and fight an equally old rival. The final battle could happen at the old rival's farm and end with everyone injuring themselves from overexertion.

A friend of mine once deliberately played the Blandest Character Ever.

Their name was John (just "John") and they were a True Neutral Champion Fighter with no strong opinions one way or the other on much of anything. Extremely inoffensive. Pic related.

Related to this. A fighter based off a particular piece of music/art. They seek to embody this piece until they fully capture it or die trying. My go to piece is Dvorak's 9th symphony's overture. Still haven't captured it and the playgroup hasn't figured out my motivation. 3 campaign in, still haven't got it.

>that second part scenario

>The old sorcerer has drawn a summoning circle out of tapioca
>"HAHA! IT IS I, NEFARIOugh cough cough. Sorry about that, the old wound's acting up again. Now where were we? Ah yes, settling this, once and for all! Tremble before my summoned dem- um. Hold on."
>Nefario checks the summoning circle, whistles, a few "here boy"s, and then disappointment
>"Sorry lad, ol' Partilax the Despoiler is getting old as well. Could we postpone this final fight later and settle for some tea instead?"

Was this not the plot of metal gear solid 4

A knight who slew his childhood hero on the battlefield, and took up his armor and name to continue his legend.

>A friend of mine once deliberately played the Blandest Character Ever.
>Their name was John (just "John") and they were a True Neutral Champion Fighter with no strong opinions one way or the other on much of anything. Extremely inoffensive. Pic related.

You clearly stole my name! Hyaketsku no Judgeness! And my demeanor too! I'm neutral (chaotic neutral) and you're clearly ripping me off!

Every now and then he looks out to nowhere and wonders if he's been forgiven. He doesn't seek forgiveness, he just wants to know if his hero understands why he did it.

I...what?

I'm guessing it has something to do with chinese cartoons?

one of the PCs i had who became a recurring NPC was Norman Redguard

he was a human fighter, later champion, who was a local hero after he saved the princess from a dragon living in a dungeon

deliberately the most vanilla character i could think of

Sometimes it's fun to roleplay the most stock fairy-tale fantasy stuff around.

No "but actually," no gimmick, no dirty secret, just a classic knight in shining armor, gallant and brave.

Imagine you are sitting down to play Vampire the Dark Ages with a group of college buddies you don't *really* know

Imagine them all pulling out their character sheets as you wonder what sort of angsty and edgy bloodsuckers they are going to throw at you. That's how I felt when I sat down to play a game recently. It was on roll20 and I didn't carry expectations and I didn't have a plan.

Suddently the first player comes around and tells you about their character:
>a 8th generation Toreador who awakens from torpor with a bloody human straddling them and no memory of themselves whatsoever. Now they are in 1100AD and everything they see is unfamiliar and so strange! Their goal is to make the most beautiful statues they can and revel in the pleasures of life... well, unlife, while finding out what happened to them.
>an 8th generation Tremere whose goal it is to reach the apex of Thaumaturgy as well as discover ancient relics on the way there
>and a fucking 9th generation Ravnos knight turned crusader on the path of Heaven who wants nothing more but spread the gospel of the Lord in his eternal nights to the unwashed masses of peasants and kings alike! With this as his theme no less youtube.com/watch?v=_FdnA4SyYzE

And suddently you realize that the group is not going to be the standard party_666_Satan.dvl and instead it's going to be glorious!

A real fun thing is to take one of the deadly sins, and make it a part of a "good" character. Alternatively, one of the great virtues on a "bad" character.

I like the first one, I keep that in mind if I ever play à Jester

Its an anime called Lost Village, where a group of people all change their identities and go to live together in a village in the mountains to escape their past.

As soon as they arrive, the most flambouyant and ridiculous-named settler corners the most quiet and introverted settler, a guy named "Jack", and accuses him of copying his persona, and tries to force him to change his name to something ridiculous as well.

A Barbarian with extremely HIGH intelligence.

Basically a big buff angry nerd.

>A middle aged man with a glass eye and no recollection of his past
>Which turns out to be his uneventful life as a baker in a neighboring town.

>the reason he's adventuring is because folklore and stories have made amnesiac heroes a trope so he thinks he is one

Take two players that made some really cliched waifu/toughguy characters. Now make them play each other's character instead.
Now the Sum 41 fan has to play a chipper wizard chick and the weaboo is stuck with mopey rogue.

.The armor and its identity is passed on generation by generation in some way or another. One generation, it passed from mentor to pupil; another time it was the last wish of a dying man to his brother-in-arms; now worn by a glory-seeking highwayman, eager to make a name for himself by hunting down the hero, but holding his lifeless body inspired a sudden change of heart.

All across the empire, myths abound about an immortal knight-errant who has been adventuring for over 100 years that keeps coming back no matter how many times people have seen him die.

The old armor, practically falling apart: chainmail in tatters, leather straps caked with blood; chestpiece warped by dragon fire and punctured by crossbow, shoulder guards dented by the hammer blows of countless battles... but the hero ever endures in some form or another. The armor has no magical qualities, but it seems to inspire the best in people, and those who adopt the identity of the hero will always rise to be worthy of his name.

See I tried that but it turned out to be hard for me since I hate myself and can't understand people who don't hate themselves too, even if they're just fictional people

>Before his amnesia, he was a respected pillar of the community, and a handsome bachelor who all the pretty young peasant girls wanted to marry. His rival, consumed by jealousy, consulted an evil hag, who cast a spell to brainwash the baker so he would think he was a hero and go on an adventure, and hopefully go far from the town and get killed.

>Instead, the baker actually became a hero, and was renowned throughout the land. When he recovered his memories, he returned to his village, and thanked the old rival for causing him to achieve greater heights than he could have ever dreamt of.

>orc barbarian
>wants to build a legacy of accomplishments in hopes of someday returning to his tribe and becoming chief

My friend did that, but with a bullywug, and instead of accomplishments it was cash
Sounded like it was funny

Anything that does not rely on LOLSORANDUMB xD humor, is actually somewhat thought out, and isn't edgy for it's own sake because the player has unresolved anger and authority issues from adolescence.

Basically don't play with any of these types of people.

>This is his character portrait

>Faithful construct, selectively bred killer guy, or similar. No moral quandary, unshakeable sense of purpose, actually pretty chill and loyal to friends.

>The same armour a few centuries latter.

A wise, cheerful, and good-natured monk who advocates peace and only resorts to violence when the opponent had been given three chances to surrender, or if the opponent had already harmed another. The monk never breaks this rule.

The monk has heard rumors of his old master wandering the country, which is strange because his master died a long time ago. He has ventured out in search of answers, and helps those in need asking the way, as he's been taught to.

>son of a tribal warlord sets out to prove that he is worthy of inherenting his father's position while competing against his twin brothers

I really like that idea, especially since I love Barbarians that aren't absurdly stupid - think Conan or just about any folk hero.

Legends of the Wulin would be perfect for that sort of character. Everyone's a martial artist, so they had to make it interesting (and they did). There are also mechanics to represent being hot-blooded; for example, play a character who uses fire kung fu, and loses her ability to generate fire chi unless she acts appropriately hot-blooded.

Gods, I want to run Legends of the Wulin.

A musician who's a second-generation immigrant. Caught between her family's culture and that of the land she grew up in, she travels around learning about the musical traditions of different peoples, hoping this will give her the understanding she needs to find or create a place for herself.

A red Dragonborn raised by Dwarves. Uses it's dragons breath to make weapons while blacksmithing. With it's natural affinity for all things shiny, and gold; the Dragonborn is a merchant (accountant). Owns, and wears a fake beard in the presence of Dwarves.

Possible name: Scale-Lin-Skee.

Ever read Kings of the Wyld?

>a bard that is a stoic and gifted child who plays a violin or flute or keyboard like she is playing at a recital.
This sounds more like a setup to a bard that was the child of socially ambitious middle-class parents who forced their child to practice the art from the age of 4 or something, which ends up with the bard being as passionate about his job as a gravedigger.

absolutely stealing this for my current PC, sorry user

as a regular old human monk I feel a little out of place in a party of a dickass high elf paladin, an even more dickass CN human sorcerer, a tiefling ranger, and a wood elf druid

If it's 5e, and you(r DM)'s cool with UA, then check out the Way of Tranquility subclass.

No. I have seen this done by a friend of mine who is edgy as fuck. "My father is Greed, and my mother is the Goddess of Marriage. My dad is powerful, but cool. He can throw tornadoes for 6d100 damage." He was edgy anime nephilem incubus with a gauntlet crossbow and that chain sword thing from Soul Caliber's Ivy, which did poison or fire damage based on its mode. Using the sins as actual characters should be left to animes, and even then it is getting annoying.

He's gotten so old and forgetful, he fails to realize those tales of his master reborn are his own heroic experiences.

This is both really interesting, cute, and morbidly depressing.

An extremely well-mannered, and slightly snobbish, reedy noble from a disgraced family, whose name the party knows but not why they were disgraced, who always wears gorgeous silk gloves, velvet coats, high heeled shoes with gold buckles, etc. He's with the party to regain the honour that his ancestors lost.
Despite being a bit of a twig, he's fairly able with pistols and knives, and, due to his upbringing, is useful insofar as he has connections with the few important families that haven't turned their backs on his.
That said, he has a pathological hatred for uncleanliness, and will become extremely upset when his favourite clothes are ruined by the wear and tear of murderhoboing.

He gets more and more irate as the adventure goes on. He's still the picture of politeness, but the other PCs can all but taste his anger. This continues for a while, and then- and then- one of the foes recognizes him, and says something unfortuante about his recentlyish deceased uncle, who he absolutely adored.
Our noble very carefully takes off the silk gloves that he's never been seen without, folds them in half, and puts them into his pocket. He removes his jacket and hangs it over a treebranch or something.

Sounds come out of his mouth that no human could possibly make. He froths at the mouth. His eyes roll back into his head. And he tears that poor guy apart with his bare hands. All of his finery are embued with very powerful enfeebling charms.

Idk i just love the idea of the Family Shame being hereditary beserkering

An underdark kobold whose only interactions with the surface are with a troupe of good-samaritan style monks who saved his nearly-dead ass from being smoked. After spending some time in the monestary seeing people come and go, with no terrible dragons and nobody eating each other for nutrition, he puts two and two together and realises the entire surface must be so kind this way and the underdark is cruel and unusual.
Seeks to learn this kindness and earn a place to live on the surface, unlearn his ways of the underdark. The sky-born protectorate of the realm, the burning hate orb, berates him every day for daring to walk in this place but the kobold hopes to one day win the deity's favor.
Everything here is strange and terrifies him, but now that he's escaped the underdark and partnered up with some adventurers, nothing bad could possibly happen in this utopia-land of warmth and food.

A former soldier/guardsman who deserted after a riot and made out with as much gear as he could carry

>Join a role-playing community based around free form pvp.
>Everyone wants to play a super duper powerful cosmic anime character that can destroy the entire multiverse with a blink of an eye.
>Create a mute super polite soldier character that's only power is ressurective immortality and the power to take away people's powers to bring them down to human levels and give them a gun to make the fight fair and balanced.
>enters the arena with an announcer's voice saying "GREGOR HAS JOINED THE SERVER"
The character is very polarizing. Half the community hates it and the other half loves it.

>praised by everyone
>reasonably successful
>is competent enough to live comfortably on money and fame to make it to retirement and not die horribly

>is aware of how painfully generic his story is
>Parties a little harder than one might expect at the taverns, but it's blown off as a manly trait
>He's just trying to drink away knowing that he's already hit his peak and he's done it in such a cliche way that no one will actually remember his name
>maybe if he really risks his life, he'll get a statue- not in the town square, of course, that's for royalty
>and maybe one day when he's long dead, some little kid will ask his mom "who's that"

>He knows the chances that she'll say anything other than "I don't know" or "A brave man" or some other meaningless drivel is almost zero, and that's -if- he busts his ass for it

>maybe he could have done something else, like study magic, or work the land for an honest life
>at least then he'd feel truly appreciated, like he did something that mattered, something he'd be remembered for
>even if not, maybe he wouldn't feel like he deserved being remembered- maybe he'd be happy with growing the crop that saves the people from starving this winter, and die peacefully knowing he literally saved hundreds
>instead, he saved -one- princess who's only valuable for marrying off to another kingdom and is unlikely to be that important in the grand scheme of things
>Feels like he needs recognition and remembrance for an act that he knows is brave but ultimately not that likely to impact the people's lives

>grew up and became a knight to be the protector of the people, been his childhood dream

>knows now that he's too old to make that difference any more, and that it's unlikely that he'd even get the chance, especially with the princess available for political marriage

>Maybe he will try harder than ever for that statue, not because he even wants it, but because dying early might preserve some aspect of his legend

Truthfully I would play this shit out of this idea if it wasn't like a mechanical issue to keep wearing nonmagical armor through an entire campaign

The fresh faced new warrior to dawn the armor, trying to live up to the expectations of the legend, explaining the reality to his party who recognizes he is not so skilled as the legends say, finally looking in the mirror and seeing that you have become the legend you once slain, realizing your time could be coming any moment and trying to find a successor. Fuck that gets my juices flowing.

>Truthfully I would play this shit out of this idea if it wasn't like a mechanical issue to keep wearing nonmagical armor through an entire campaign
I've known DMs who would let players transfer the bonus from dropped items into their own equipment if a player had a family heirloom sword or whatever that he wanted to keep for RP reasons. It usually is sort of a lossy deal where the found item disintegrates and the RP item loses its previous bonus and gets the new one.

Maybe to keep it from being gamey it could also be -1 weaker than the item absorbed, since if you roll for loot randomly, nobody will be missing those +3 clubs or +4 padded armors.

I have a Shadowrun character named Johnny B Goode. He is an elven, street-raised huckster & mage. One night he ran into a QT elven technomancer girl who had snuck out of her family's upperclass corp estate. They fell in love, & now he has upgraded from con games to shadowrunning so that he can make big nuyen & treat her right. Her father is a ruthless corporate Johnson.

Hmmmmm I've never considered that idea before.

The only time I had a player do something like that it was a powerful heirloom that had lost it's power and I just kinda played it that as it was used and powered up through *insert plot device here* it would gain enchantments, but I like that idea too. Maybe its less organic but it might be the reason why it always returns to being a normal set of armor, as a way to encourage those who take it on to grow through their own means?

It would be a very interesting idea to toy with but would require a lot of groundwork with the DM.

Doing that right now in 5e, it's fucking great. My character's a battlemaster fighter with the protection fighting style and shield master feat. He can tank huge hits and routinely throws himself in between danger and allies and/or the innocent. He's a knight errant who fell into dishonor for disobeying and attacking a superior during war when he decided the guy's orders were stupid and would get too many killed for no good reason. He's essentially TOO gallant and adheres TOO MUCH to his principles. Now he's on a quest to restore his honor and just maybe become Big Damn Heroes™ alongside his new friends.

Oh wait, that's right. He already became a Big Damn Hero™ when the party helped out his former king's army with a siege on a fortress that had literally not fallen in 300 years. He helped lead the charge up to the gates with the battering ram, fighting off enemy soldiers and literally deflecting incoming ballista bolts with his shield the whole way. When he got to the portcullis ahead of the ram and it started closing, he literally just jammed his lance under that shit and held it up until the ram made it through to the gate proper. He still feels he has a lot left to do to reclaim his honor though.

I made a Tabaxi monk born with Feline Cerebellar Hypoplasia. He developed and learned the Way of the Drunken Master so he could walk and balance well enough (in his own way) to live a generous life.

My current Shadowrun group
>Metal-Head (GobRock-Head) Troll combat mage
>with an obsession with the album cover of Meatloaf's Bat Out of Hell. Socially awkward and somewhat emotionally unstable. He wants to live a simple life with a loving family but Swords and Sorcery are all he's ever known.
>Despite his fearsome appearance and ultraviolet tendencies he's still new to running and in some ways sort or innocent.

>Weeb-keeb decker girl.
>She is the bitchy queen-of-the-nerds at her school and wants to find a qtboy worthy of her. She operates out of her hippy parent's basement. Decker is her idea of rebelling against her parents. She wants to become a BTL addict.
>Despite her cutesy exterior she's a solid capitalist with an understanding of her role.

>A budget human infiltrator
>with a body is full of standard grade ware and a vegetable garden. He flunked police academy. He works as a chef in a dive when he's not running. When he takes on a disguise he has a habit of getting too involved in the role. Depending on how you look at it he's ether deeply mysterious or incredibly dull.
>New to running but possessing some experience in the world of cops and criminals. He is still deteicated to non-lethal force when possible.

Occasionally:
>A welsh dwarf druid on DRUUUUUGS.
>He deals drugs. He does drugs. He steals cars and doesn't get laid.
>He has only ever known crime. If it weren't for the orphans he'd probably be a monster.

So far these games have alternated between sessions of runs and slice-of-life with minor jobs. So part of the time it's plotting superpowered crime and part of the time it's the socially maladjusted people who commit superpowered crime trying to live in crap-sack world.

It's a wonderful way of polishing characters into things that feel alive.
I really like my group and wanted to share

>When I was a boy, bards sang songs of the Lion Knight, old women told stories, even the scribes inked tales of epic deeds in elaborately-illustrated books with titles like "The History of Our Realm"
>Everyone knew of his deeds, a true knight, a living legend.
>I only saw him once, in passing. As he made his way through the crowd, by chance he looked right at me. His eyes widened slightly, for only a moment, like a man who saw a face he suddenly recognized.
>I was only ten years or so. You cannot imagine what it meant to me to see him in the flesh.
>I would lie under the sun and close my eyes, imagining what it was like to be him
>I saw the world from behind his visor
>Felt the weight of his sword in my hand
>Saw the dragons and evil kings dead at my feet
>I heard the din of cheering crowds.
>And now that I am here, I wonder...
>Did the man I kill... also dream the same dreams when he was a boy?

An alternate version of the tale, because there are just too many different ways this idea can be done

>He has never known a name, at least none that he himself has given
>Legends say he once had many titles 'The Deathless Warrior', 'The Knight Immortal', and more
>But in time he simply became known as 'Hero'
>There would never be any great announcement when he returned
>You would simply see him, weapon in hand, fighting for a cause he thought was just
>People would cheer when he returned from the field, feasts would be held, gold awarded
>Yet two things remained constant
>He never took off his helmet, and when the celebrating was done he left as quietly as he came
>His weapon, his size, his age, even his gender would change from teller to teller, and we assumed it was the nature of the tale
>I was a boy by my own reckoning when it happened, barely sixteen summers old
>A militia was being formed to defend the lord's castle from a war-band of hobgoblins sighted in the area
>I was young and reckless, and I wanted to see a castle, or anything that wasn't my father's farm
>There were more of those hobgoblins then I had ever seen of any living creature that day
>I don't know when he joined the fight, but I know without him we never would have won that day
>I saw him, cleaving through them, the weight of each swing seemed to impress the weight of his presence upon me
>But even he was only human, I know that now more then ever
>He was surrounded and his breath was heavy with exhaustion
>They struck from behind and I cried own
>His head snapped to look at me in alarm
>A distraction
>Even with as powerful as he was he was pierced from behind as easily as any of the many farmhands that died that day
>If anyone but me saw it, they never said anything
>I charged blinded by rage and confusion, the first I speared through the back of his head and out through his mouth
>The other was faster then me
>But He was even faster then that
>cont

>He lunged from the ground, intestines spilling from the gouge in his stomach and slit the Hobgoblin's throat
>How many more moments would it have taken for my life to end
>He fell to the ground and breathed what few last breaths he had
>He spoke to me and I dove into the wet blood soaked mud to listen
>I wish I could tell you that I remember what he said to me, but I do not
>But the look in his eyes will be burned into my mind until I too am claimed
>They spoke to me, and told me one thing
>The people will always need a Hero
>I dragged him to a tree nearby
>He may have been dead before I even picked him up, but it seemed the right thing to do
>Something guided me as I worked to remove his armor with the neat efficiency of an old soldier
>Before long I wore the armor that had been in so many legends, fit more comfortably then the chain mail I had been given for the fight
>The last thing I took off was the helmet
>I don't know what I expected, what unspoken fantasy I thought would come to life when I removed it
>He was a man
>Just a man
>I can't even remember all of his features now, only that he looked more like a baker then a legend
>I put on the helmet and returned to the fight, and just as the tales say I left with the payment the lord bequeathed to me and left before anyone could ask any questions
>It's been twenty five years since that day
>I do not understand everything, but I understand enough now
>We fight because we must
>Because sometimes nobody else will
>I wonder if I have those same eyes as that man who wore the armor before me
>I wonder if I'll be as forgettable as the person who replaces me
>It doesn't matter I suppose
>Ultimately it comes down to one thing
>They need a Hero

That's brilliant, m8.

I feel like this is what his armour looks like.

God dammit I noticed a mistake, I hate myself now

isn't the cyborg the type of person you'd want to play with

Nah, it'd look more like this.

Anyways, imagine after many, many years of having its wearers killed and given to the next in line that the armor itself would eventually grow an intelegence. The armor still has no protective qualities to it, but the new bearer would feel a slight impulse to do good. They would grow a newfound conscience that compels them to help others, it wouldn't be strong enough to take over someone's mind, but strong enough to make the hardest bandits rethink the deeds they've done.

The armor given a mind not by a wizard or a deity, but the combined will of all those who came before to simply do good.

I feel like if 100 guys read this idea we'd have 101 interpretations of how the armor should look. Regardless, the idea is such a cool one I'm filing away for use when I'm able to play if a game that doesn't fall apart and that's not one I'm running.

OHHHH YEAAHHH JUSTIIIICE

Amadeus?

Rock me, Amadeus.

>A young knight whose eldest sibling was a great hero and died during the last battle against Evil. He is trying to prove himself worthy, but lacks courage in dangerous situations.
>An old ronin whose rebellious lord was betrayed by his underlings and executed by the Shogun. He's still torn as to whether his master was a good person or bad, and wanders the earth trying to find a cause worth fighting for again.
>A Barbarian who is utterly fascinated by civilization, and wants to bring the best of it back to her primitive tribe.
>An infamous Berzerker trying to escape her past and teach her young protege that there is nothing glorious about war.
>A foppish sorcerer fascinated with collecting and preserving magical artifacts. He's kind of creepy, but not actually evil.
>A kindly priest of the God of Death, who sees it as his duty to put the undead to their final rest. He's an extremely sweet, gentle soul and sees fighting Lichs and Vampires as an act of mercy rather than retribution.

Thanks user.

I'm so glad I don't exactly fit any of these.

>tfw when you're a mash of three of them

I'm not enough of any one to fit into a category and I can still act like an actual human being but it's a stark reminder of the me that could have been or might be in a different universe

>The sorceress ran her fingers across the knight's armor, letting the rivulets of his blood flow over her hands as he remained defiantly still trying to rise back to his feet, though the strength to will his limbs to move had left him.
>She licked her fingers with a satisfied expression at seeing him still struggling
>"Do you feel fear?" She whispered, inches from his face.
>"It is you who should be afraid." The knight scoffed, coughing up his words along with splatters of blood. "Don't you know that The Eternal Knight is immortal? No matter how many times he is killed, he rises for vengeance."
>The sorceress, drew back, giggling with a mixture of surprise and contempt.
>"My, my. Have you worn that armor for so long that you really have begun to believe in these superstitions yourself? You are nothing but a fraud in stolen armor. A soldier named Siegfried who took the armor from a battlefield and pretended to be someone he was not."
>The knight felt a tightness in his throat.
>"Oh? You thought I didn't know? You can fool those superstitious peasants, perhaps; but don't think you can fool me. You are a charlatan, from a long line of charlatans. A parade of fools so eager to be renowned but made yourself both nameless and faceless. So desperste for love that you left your families behind and shunned your own people so they would never discover who you are. So desiring to be immortal that you all marched, one by one, into an unmarked grave, to be mourned by none. You are not eternal, you are just seconds from death, and that armor you wear will be your coffin!" The witch ranted, her speech crescendoing into a shriek as her anticipation of victory grew.
>"You made one mistake" the knight spat out. "I never claimed that it was I, Siegfried who was immortal. The Knight does not live in me or in my armor. He lives in the spirit of our people. He will always be reborn. And he will never stop hunting you."

An anarcho-fascist AGI sleeved into a lowly Splicer that they had to save up to afford, who is super into Nazi Germany and plays it all very straight, while simultaneously being very caring and cheerful to her party. Hums war songs like Panzerlied and Sieg Heil Viktoria while she acts as the intel/ammo mule/infosec platform for the rest of the group.

>tfw sloth accurately describes me
This is hitting me hard.

At the very least, I'm not so far gone that I've pissed in a jug yet. And if there's any redeeming point, it's that I'm actually an alright cook, due to having to cook for my family.

>tfw when you you're the mash of three of them and know exactly how much you failed at being a decent human being
Feels bad.

Stealing that shit for my setting.

An MMA-style pit fighter. Make a Fighter of some sort with dual-wielding and/or grappling features from the get-go, give him two morning stars and just say they're like knuckle dusters or some kind of spiked gauntlets. Functionally equivalent to morning stars, so just fluffy spiked gauntlets. Maybe go Battlemaster too, to reflect his different moves. Whenever he attacks, just describe the normal attacks as something appropriate, like a roundhouse kick or elbow to the face, or some kind of punch combo.

Idk what his personality would be like, and I really don't care. Could be something basic like a mercenary or former gladiator looking for fame, glory, fortune, etc.

should join for some crusades

YES! YEEES!

I wanted this in my life, I only just now realized it.

GIVE IT TO ME, this will be my next character.

Sin as in the behavior, the bad habit that could potentially get you killed or ruin your life, not whatever fucking weirdness you're talking about.

damn, this makes me want to play shadowrun

your group sounds like a lot of fun

So basically paladin version of pic related.

6d100

That awkward moment when the godlike being rolls minimum damage and can't even kill a level 1 wizard

I have a character with a similar motivation. Markus "Burnout" Hadaway is an orc rigger, raised on the street with his technomancer brother. Eventually he fell in love with an elf who comes from money, but she hates her family. Burnout is running so that he can take care of her and help her pay for medical school.

That's so relatable it hurts.

>morningstars
>not spiked cestus

How is it possible to be an Anfash?

Anarchism + ethnic/national communes, basically.

I always though fascism is about unity, total control and utilitarism, not nation.
Was i wrong?

It's funn you should ask that since church commune/shelter fascism is latest character goal.
>Use Geas and mind control to force people/monsters into joining the church communes to help all of the land

The next character I want to play is a low-born noble on a quest to prove his love to a higher born lady. She keeps giving him stupid shit to do that keeps him in the party. Things like win a joust with a sword, slay a miniature and bring back his horns etc. Tasks that are super difficult and every time he competes one she gives him another saying just one more.

Fascism is a very nebulous ideology, but anarcho-fascism, which is also sometimes called anarcho-nationalism, refers mainly to the idea that anarchism is good but you don't want to live alongside people who have starkly different racial/national/ethnic backgrounds.

It's equal parts Kings of the Wyld and a Crown for Cold Silver.

Apprentice necromancer who is a bit daft. Worked for Murkulos the Shade-Bringer, thought this referred to the shadow his large tower cast on a nearby village, actually because of the shadows he would summon to fight for him.

Murkulos gets slain by the party, they turn on the apprentice who failed to help his master

"Any last words scum?"

"Scum? You're the ones who broke in and killed an old man in his dotage."

Detect evil. Detect lies.

"Huh... he's not lying..."

"You'll come with us until we can suss out the truth here"

Meanwhile the Paladin falls and Bob the necromancer goes on a big adventure where he realizes "oh shit, he WAS evil"

"Daft necromancer gets involved with holy rollers and goes on a journey of self discovery"

Could be good for a fun little game if seriousness isn't an issue.