/CofD/ & /wodg/ Chronicles of Darkness and World of Darkness General

Previous thread: >Pastebin:
pastebin.com/7HiVphFm
>News
kickstarter.com/projects/200664283/chronicles-of-darkness-dark-eras-2
paradoxinteractive.com/en/white-wolf-partners-with-focus-home-interactive-for-a-video-game-adaptation-of-the-world-of-darkness-storyteller-game-werewolf-the-apocalypse/
>This week's Monday Meeting Notes:
theonyxpath.com/yarr-there-be-a-pirates-dark-era/
>Question:
What other dark eras are you looking forward to?
>5th editons cliffnotes
pastebin.com/cp0r59da

Other urls found in this thread:

forum.theonyxpath.com/forum/main-category/main-forum/the-new-world-of-darkness/1120200-new-horror-little-morpheus
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

After Changeling+Mage Arthurian, I'm hoping for Innocents Blitz. It's about time Innocents got something.

Why do we never hear about tradition Utopias?

Reminder that taking make believe games too seriously is bad for your health.

Well, they sort of had those in the Umbra. Early editions of OWOD Mage described Horizon, a massive Realm that contained a zone for each Tradition, in the style of that Tradition. Horizon had it's own book published, and a misprint for one of the characters' stats lead to them having to publish Masters of the Art and Arch-spheres rather than admit they made a mistake.

These days Brucatto hates Masters of the Art, and has done his best to de-emphasize it. But given how much else he fucked up for M20, I don't think anyone even noticed.

Also, I think the "end of days" sourcebook, Ascension, contained a possible scenario where that happened, but I never actually owned a copy of that one.

Ending the gamelines all those years ago was a mistake. There's a reason all the new ideas in CHROD are the most celebrated ones.

>After Changeling+Mage Arthurian

It looks like we're getting Gilgamesh unless a backer opts to support Mage/Changeling Camelot.

>Reminder that taking make believe games too seriously is bad for your health.

Reminder we dont have anything else in our lives except discussing this shitty games.

Because they are dystopias.

>What other dark eras are you looking forward to?

None, its just a shitty wellfare scam to get money to writers while they dont have to provide us with actual mechanics but more shitty fluff.

You could go outside and go hiking or something. I just got back from a kayaking trip. It was a blast.

I didn't want it as evidence, nimrod. I never said it didn't exist, or that he was wrong. Just that I literally couldn't find any specific stuff on it, and that I would like to know what folklore stories there were, since he apparently knew and I couldn't find out. I didn't ask for a massive link full of stuff or a half hour video, and I'm not interested enough to actually go through them. I wasn't insisting or arguing that point. Seriously go back and look. All I said was "I can't find any." Ironically you are much worse than you claim I am. I never stooped to personal attacks, even when I was "losing".

Why people always recommend hiking? Its the most boring ass thing i ever tried. Its drive at least 45 minutes to them walk around nature (ugh) and all of that just to see some nature for 3 seconds before it looses its novelty.

I will stick around with Veeky Forums drama and hooker thank you.

That doesn't explain what a tradition utopia is. Umbral realms are "out of context" and therefore do not have to follow complete logic. whatever is lacking is made up from quint? whatever essence / mana is in owod

What does the perfect world for traditions look like?

I'm listening can you please expand?

fuck off /xfag

Feedback requested on new NPC:

forum.theonyxpath.com/forum/main-category/main-forum/the-new-world-of-darkness/1120200-new-horror-little-morpheus

I recommend hiking because it's the cheapest and easiest activity to get into. It's also fun and relaxing.

>I recommend hiking because it's the cheapest and easiest activity to get into. It's also fun and relaxing.

Didnt meant you in particular but in general people recommend hiking a lot like this life changing hobbie that it really isnt. YMMV of course.

Have you guys ran any of the dark eras? or historic chronicles in general?

Again, it's cheap and easy to get into and unless you're unable to move across mild terrain, anyone can do it. That's why people recommend it instead of something like recreational aviation, cave diving, or casual motor sports.

Why do people keep not updating the last thread in the OP? Last thread was , not .

As the person often referred to as /x/fag, I am not the poster you replied to.

But if boring black hats was messing with his vision, then doesn't that mean he had a nicer take on them?

You could try playing/running

But then i would lose access to this place. We all know people here dont play/run games and they just shitpost

What he is saying is that the technocracy as morally grey organization that could be heroic from a certain pov which was introduced (by mistake if one believe the komodo dragon) and explore further in Revised was all his idea.

COF I know you're butthurt that someone other than you started a thread but you don't have to refuse to link to it when it's the last thread every fucking time as a result.

Which is how the Technocracy should be, so this really kind of seems like a case of broken clock.

No user, thats brucatto lying. The technocracy as a complex morallym complex wasnt Brucatto original intention. It was an accident and further explored in revised by other writters that werent him.

All Brucatto gave us is the technocracy as boring black hats because he hates the MAN. And his statement is him covering his ass as usual and robbing good writers of their credit

Anyone know how we could fix Beasts and Insatiables?

I'm thinking we fold them together somehow, find a way to make Families and Moments the first part of the Begotten as opposed to just a Family or Moment and some "hunger" that can be used as an excuse to make a horrible person.

Families indicate your Atavisms and the nature of Chambers in your Lair. Moments dictate when/where those Atavisms will be most effective.and where you can drop said Chambers of that Lair.

Family Stereotypes are how the Begotten see other Splats, Moment Stereotypes are how the other Splats see the Begotten.

/wodg/ checklist so far:
Dark eras shitfight:
opp sux guise:
"How to fix beast":
Meta about how we're all pathetic:
Brucato hatejerk:
Mage supremacy: X
Attack of the shitposters: X
"Does anyone actually play [INSERT SPLAT]: X
Dick measuring power comparisons: X
Actual quality discussion: X

Why did the checkmark I copy pasted show in the entry window but not in the post?

>Mage supremacy:
>Attack of the shitposters:
>Return of the Dave:

Return of the Dave is even less likely than Actual quality discussion.

>>Return of the Dave:
Clearly the Jedi Expies are Mind-Ruling Obrimos in the GOTV.

>Actual quality discussion:
Presuming we will get, whether through vote or expansion, Mage-Changeling Arthurian era, what would be the most interesting way to handle it? What about the story hooks?

I think I'm gonna make a /wodg/ bingo.

this. It is Brucato taking credit for the hard work of actually competent writers. Don't you think he would have done more with Threat Null than saying "oh, they're optional" if he actually had a clue about them?

How could I use pic related in a VtM Campaign?

Ancient Methuselahs from Mesoamerica that are awakened by the Sabbat and now have to be reigned in. Perhaps with Kars as an inceptor, similar to a caitiff

We actually made one about a year ago.

Obsolete. I'm about 2/3 of the way through the one I'm doing now.

I know, but it's still interesting to look into mindset of last years threads.

I've got all but eight, any feedback or ideas for the missing tiles?

Israel/Palestine

ah, sorry, I see that it is already covered

Fair enough, I was thinking maybe it didn't quite happen enough but it probably does.

Actually it isn't, what did you think covered it?

change it into "Where are the Lions of Zion" or something else, that is usually the trigger

Complaining about politics

"Lions of Zion and related slapfights"?

I more meant the SIDEBARS OF UNPLAYABILITY when I put that in.

Sounds broad enough

How's this overall?

Change "anime trash" to just "anime" so people don't split hairs over marking it and you're good.

Current thread

Can we maybe have ">The technocracy did literally nothing wrong"

"In-universe arguments"

I tried to run Sundered World chronicle. Shit died fast because of my problems with time, but it was great while it lasted.

Because they didn't and only nutjobs like Brucato think that we would be better off living under the rule of sorcerous overlords

>Becoming this emotionally invested in a faction in an RPG

The only good thing to come from the Technocrats was Threat Null.

Though I still don't know what Spheres the Conventions make use of.

Are /x/fag and tumblranon the only legendary shitposter types?

Every Sphere except spirit (which is the speciality of the Void Engineers). Why hold on to archaic spearations when you can study all building blocks of the universe?

there is also the rabid palestine supporter

Yeah but if he gets a chance to show up, the thread has already been derailed. /x/fag and tumblranon can go zero to shitpost much faster.

No, I was asking which sphere's each convention used specifically.

I know the Syndicate have Entropy and Prime, Iteration X uses Forces and Matter and that the Void Engineers use Science and More Science....but I have no idea what the Progentiors and NWO make use of outside of the fact that the Progenitors use Life and the NWO uses Mind.

So the question is...which Convention uses Time?

You're forgetting PalestineAnon, TechnocratFanboy and far into the past, aspel.

Whats this Lions Of Zion nonsense?

Not trying to induce Bingo, I genuinely don't know.

It's one of those big questions, kind of on the level of "Is the Sphere of Time more relevant to the NWO or the Progenitors?", if you catch my drift.

That's not Splat wars, that's either Brucato hatejerk or In-universe arguments. Splat wars would be if we were arguing about whether Mage was better than Vampire or something.

TechnocratFanboy is too on-topic to be a true shitposter, if that sort of thing isn't okay, then what is /wodg/ for?

That's not worth arguing about, Mage is clearly superior is just about every way.

Brucato removed the Lions of Zion from M20 because he thought it was a symbol of Israeli militarism.

And now you can mark that spot for real,

I like how now the thread has turned into discussing the bingo that parodies the usual discussions in this thread.

Shouldn't we shitpost about it in at least 50 messages?

With that requirement, and a ~300 post bump limit, you'd never get bingo.

What would be the endgame of the verbena and Dreamspeakers?

Maybe 5-10 post requirement.

You can mark namefags

NWO uses Correspondence and I think Progenitors use whatever else comes in handy

I'd say they have to post in the thread, CoF always tries to start these.

Destroy civilization and reduce humanity to live in tribal societies dominated by them. Haven't you paid attention?

...But who got Time?

Void Engineers.

>still memeing
>pic related
It's like you haven't even read the books.

>forgot pic

So, now that Dave is finally working again on Mage, can we expect another preview in the near future? I would love to see something about Supernal entities, Aedes or mythical creatures.

Do werewolves have their own alphabet? They have their own spoken language, but what about a written form? Or do they just write down First Tongue in whatever human alphabet they know?

They have pictograms. The pictograms translate into words and garou have an in-built knowledge of them.

That's WTA. He asked about WTF

New ST looking into running vampire, just what do I need to make for a Chronicle? I just need a general idea of how to set a city up, how to establish connections, what to put the players up against, and general advice.

I want to see something set during the Holocaust. Like Geist and Promethean.

Those are not so much of an alphabet as their hobo code though.

personally i'm not a fan of isreal but jews are okay however, I'm also not a fan muslims and that fucker propped up actual terrorists in that shitty book so fuck him.

The first chapter of Damnation City for Vampire the Requiem got you covered.

Sore loser much?

No, they dont own an alphabet.

Consider yourself educated.