Jumpchain CYOA Thread #1635: No One Sings Like Gaston! Edition

>Google Drive
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jAXioRNYy4s
pastebin.com/TqGQ5XF3
forums.sufficientvelocity.com/threads/battle-action-harem-highschool-side-character-quest-no-sv-you-are-the-waifu.15335/#post-3031624
pastebin.com/KBVcNtam
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

No one's slick like Gaston

No one's quick as Gaston

No one's smug like Gaston

No one's neck is as incredibly thick as Gaston.

Gives a hug like Gaston!

Gives great hugs like Gaston.

Fixed the costume import. This is why I shouldn't make jumps at 2:00am.

I don't think there's a Star Sapphire/Violet Lantern Corps in the DCAU. It's just the one character and her background is never explained.

When was the last time you stopped your friend from killing you in broad daylight merely by your neck being sufficiently thick?

Are you going to do the Akira jump for real?

youtube.com/watch?v=jAXioRNYy4s

We're the rats

We play at night, we stalk at night

How far does Spanner in the Works from Worm extend? Does it apply to organizations I control, assets I control, or just me?

No one routs and kicks out faceless thugs like Gaston!

...And once again, I somehow end up making the very last post of the thread. Of all the luck...

Anyway, please let me know if you have any issues with Wee Sing; otherwise I'll get it onto the drive tonight.

Is it possible to use Power of Dominance from Castlevania as a force for good? Or does it wind up still being too evil?

Yes. It's one of the only absolute soul defense perks in the chain.

I'm talking it's main aspect of "collecting monster souls as minions and learning their shit."

No, It only applies when the effect would be beneficial.

Going by the games, it can be used on some pretty inconsequential creatures, things that only technically have souls. There are much fewer moral issues if the soul you're binding is that of a cockatrice instead of a person.

I'm asking about the Precog blocking effect.

Depends on your own morality and how you make use of it.

So I've got the gift for you guys. The FULL Saiyan Saga of Jumper Ball Z! pastebin.com/TqGQ5XF3

Ten pages on my Word Doc. I've got to get through Namek, 'Androids', Cell, AND Buu.

Are there any jumps that cover 1967-1970?

Did you make a jump where all of the perks doubled as waifus/waifu bait?

I have vague memories of 'walk into hut, find blood covered woman' if that's jogs anything?

I think that'd be Rurouni Kenshin, by HeavensAnon.

And it's less waifubait, more "all the plot hooks ever."

Doesn't have the blood covered woman, but the Tenchi jump has all the perks and drawbacks supply you with waifus.

>plot hooks ever
Really? I know shit about the story, so care to explain?

All Jumps I've made Exalted Mortal Heroes Gauntlet, German Hollow Quest, How to Train Your Dragon, Kamigawa, Samurai Deeper Kyo, The Legend of Zelda Minish Cap, the Melancholy of Haruhi, and Warhammer Fantasy Orcs and Goblins.

I know jack shit about the story as well, I'm going off the jump. Go read it, you'll see what I mean.

Can you post it?

oiejfjnqrferijger

Don't say I never do anything nice.

Pretty sure one of the eras in the Sabaton jump covers that. Think it's the Arab-Israeli one.

"You never do anything nice"
There, I said it, whatcha gonna do about it? Come at me bro!

Their R&D department is literally putting the crafting and science clubs of 3 valkyrie training schools together and saying figure out how to make this work.

Whoops. That's a negative. It actually ends with the Six Day War in '67. Sorry

You should still jump it, because Sabaton

No.

Not that user, but I'll...I'll...throw my head at you!

Musician describes blues as a type of rock music in the background.

Thanks.

So what are these Valkyrie core things everyone was talking about last thread and where are they found?

Man, why be such a faggot? Just use some other shitty setting for you /jc/-humour level jokes if you aren't even gonna make a jump for it.

Pretty sure that's just the students playing at R&D. The real R&D people are working on the GIANT WAVE FORCE MOON CANNON.

Golfball to tennisball sizef hypercomputers that are like a mix of high tech armor, a bag of holding, and a symbiote. Allows for the use of impeller fields which are total bs awesome, and allows the user to upgrade their frame simply by tossing new weapons and stuff into the backpack (which does not always need to be a backpack) its from this, and it is AWESOME.

Plus any tech or basically anything you toss into the nullspace will gradually be upgraded. New stuff takes time to integrate into the armor though, a molecular fabrication unit took about 60 days to sync iirc.

Its one of my new favorite toys. Plus the processirs are THE AWESOME.

Yeah you are probably right, still the wave force is such an op cheaty move, too bad you have to blow your arms off to use it.

And I just realized I'm a fucking idiot, we've got the Paradox jumps for all your history needs.

I know this is bait but is there any reason you can't or don't want to do it yourself? The manga isn't that long and I'm sure you could just get away with watching the movie.

>needing arms
[laughing anna]
[except anna may not know how to laugh any more because she's only been fighting for a good chunk of her life]
[sad everyone]

>implying people can't tell namefags to fuck off with their shit without baiting
I haven't made a jump, and I never will. But I think it's a cunt move to prend to post an actual Akira jump to get my hopes up, while all I got in reality is yet another jump for a superhero whose only power is his gigantic plotarmour.

Got to love the armed forces there though, someone uses a death laser once, they dont even know how it works let alone how to recreate it. "BUILD A FUCKING MOON CANNON OUT OF THAT, START NOW WE WILL FIGURE OUT HOW IT WORKS LATER!"

To be fair, even Anna didn't really know how it works.

This setting seems to be another bad deconstruction mainly about ptsd and shit.

Wait, she doesn't? I got the impression she just had difficulty explaining it, rather than being unable to understand how it works?

I noticed that the Valkyrie frame section doesn't give any kind of baseline for complexity or storage or any benchmarks for how much of an increase Increased Complexity and Storage Volume gives was this intentional?

If you don't buy them, can you still train your skills to mighty or grandmaster-level in Anima?

She knows how to do it but is a terribad teacher and cant explain because she goes by what feels right.

I just want to squeeze those emotionless little cheeks, hug her, and tell her its gonna be ok because the spacefleet is here and the ants wont ever hurt her or her friends again.

Then build pillowforts with her.

Yup! It's built into the RPG/Setting, people with Zen capability can just train themselves and git gud enough to ride around beams of light.

I didnt make it.

well, whoever did be aware of that and rectify that

Nice. Thanks for the swift reply.

We've got corporations of all kinds up for purchase here and there, but do we have any jumps that let you buy things like a wrestling promotion or sports league?

We didn't really get much of an idea as for how much they can contain or integrate, I don't think? Anna carries around a ridiculous number of missiles though, and recently added stuff like a medical module and a fabricator, and apparently has a lounge chair in her inventory, but I don't think we ever really got a "Yes, you can hold THIS MUCH in your inventory" post.

No problem!

So what Is the upper limit of WHAT it can contain and integrate? Give me a ballpark on the technology level It can reproduce or assimilate.

How do you guys neatly organize your builds and character's powers and skills?

Google Docs.

I don't.

In setting we have seen the power armor frames, higgs generators, atomic quatum fabricators, medical systems good enough to fix a person up from having their everything broken, and a bunch of exotic nanobots and weird alien nanobots that anna seems to get from eating the ants.

If you go to SCP, you can pretty much assume that anything of importance can slice through "absolute" defenses and "immunities" like butter, correct?

>a ridiculous number of missiles though
Meant to delete that- They're fired from hip-mounted launchers, so they're probably small enough to not a good benchmark. There's 260 of them.

Um, at one point she shoves a bunch of construction materials in her storage, then expresses them to build a piping system for a... town, I want to say? She implies she could just filter the water through her own system, but her AT-Field-Analogue is too spread out, so she's afraid she'd accidentally introduce impurities. For complexity, stuff.

Microsoft OneNote.

It is the shit, seriously it is free and syncs on all devices and is plain awesome in every way except one.

You cant export to pdf on the phone, you can on the pc, but not on mobile.

I've taken to keeping a character sheet since Cherry Tree makes it relatively easy, actually getting into the thick of it ends up making me way more powerful than I ordinarily would be since I tend to underestimate myself.

Actually, didn't someone make basically a jumper character sheet?
does anyone have that?

She built the entire water and sewer system for a town then built the houses in a 24 hours or so just by sucking in the materials and using her impeller to move stuff while expressing the completed project, its really useful.

>AT-Field-Analogue
Are Impeller Fields one-way, then? Are they less like omnidirectional force-fields and more like shields that happen to be made of force?

Docs, which means it's not all that organized and finding stuffs a bitch when I have to wait like 15 seconds for the full document to load, even though I've split it across three different documents. It's getting ridiculous

Yes. The lowliest SCP could bend Jump-Chan over a table.

Shit, misread the question, but I still gave a backwards answer, Cherry Tree.

Kinda like shields except you can make them any shape you want and use them in all kinds of crazy ways like use them as hands, or tentacles, or whips, or use them as shields, or build stuff with them, or overlay weapons and armor with them to make it sharper and stronger.

They get stronger and better with practice iirc.

What. That's. Why SCP in particular.

I figured absolutes and immunities are something people fanwank on their own initiative anyhow, I can't think of anything in SCP in particular that would merit special attention. The occasional reality reset often sees a few fragmented survivors, the closest thing there is to consensus canon is the assumption that literally EVERYTHING is afraid of everything else and some of the most powerful cosmic beings around are fucked up.

There's a senile not!Outer God that simply dwindled from age into hallucinary mating octopi. Another one called Totleigh accidentally lobotomised himself because he got tired of being a cosmic destroyer and decided to take physical form as a software dev instead. The freaking Scarlet King is currently imprisoned under a sea of salt, in a giant pearl from the Father of Oysters. And the being to which HE is a pet, is itself imprisoned by another entity that had to make itself into its' prison.

If anything, the assumption seems to be a tacit canon "everything goes".

>the power armor frames

So they are also Von Neumann machines?

>atomic quatum fabricators

Are they atomic or quantum because those are entirely different scales,but basically were talking symbiont symbionts in complexity?

>Um, at one point she shoves a bunch of construction materials in her storage, then expresses them to build a piping system for a... town, I want to say? She implies she could just filter the water through her own system, but her AT-Field-Analogue is too spread out, so she's afraid she'd accidentally introduce impurities. For complexity, stuff.

that's a lot of material used in A very large scale good to know. is the story on PDF anywhere or do I have to read the thread?

SCP is basically "what if a thousand Wildbows wrote horror pitches while trying to one-up each other all the time".

Oh I forgot you can also use them to bend gravity a bit and at high levels straight up rip a small hole in reality to either teleport or explode stuff.

Or cause something called corrosion which appears to be opening rips in space and releasing radiation

They can also be used to offload most all biological functions at higher levels, annas heart doesnt beat because she uses her impeller for everything, she things with it and uses it to move, she forgot how to run without it.

She tried turning it off, that was a bad idea.

>I don't like this thing so I'm going to sarcastically affirm it in a negative context

I don't know why your type of coping mechanism is so common in these threads. Do you think you're being witty? Or does insulting everyone else's intelligence give you some small comfort?

Bancho, put your trip back on.

Quantum computing matrix processors. But the tech is super good.

To read click here then under the links with the pictures and character bio click index for all the author posts.

forums.sufficientvelocity.com/threads/battle-action-harem-highschool-side-character-quest-no-sv-you-are-the-waifu.15335/#post-3031624

LibreOffice Calc for tracking purchases and CherryTree for organizing things.

I disagree, I'm not sure how to say why though.

Other than that lately, I get the impression a lot of the authors are outspoken liberals. Nothing concrete but-where there are character pieces, seems like the sort of stuff I'd read on tumblr somewhere.

Just a small interlude: pastebin.com/KBVcNtam

I've decided to head off from DBZ and make another build elsewhere. I've done enough for now methinks.

I don't get what your problem is. Do you disagree with the statement? Considering we seem to agree it's true, I'd assume not.

Oh? If that's the case, how long do you think it'll be until they have The Patriarchy as an SCP or something?

That reminds me of something...

>Durga’s underlayers drip out, thin tendrils of material spreading outward. Using it only to expand your peripheral Impeller range like so, you keep the tendrils thin enough that they should be invisible from the ground. Your range expands until you are encompassing the entire town. You reach down towards the docks with one tendril and you take part of the construction materials into your storage.

>Firstly, you work on constructing underground pipes for both the electric and water lines. Lifting dirt and crushing through rock, your Impeller clears voids underneath the ground in accordance to the town blueprints and you express out the piping into those voids. Next you need to shift the currently functional electricity and water supply lines into the new channels without disrupting supply. Electricity is easy, you simply channel the electricity through your Impeller. Water… isn’t.

Is it in action when she built the town. It's the last story post, in case you want to just look at that section.

>So they are also Von Neumann machines
No, the frame is the armor, not the core. Cores can't integrate cores except in the non-canon yandere valk-eating Setsuna omake.

This art is just bad.

Funny enough, DC Comics (who are doing miles better than Marvel at the moment) came out recently to say that the comics industry is pretty much dying right now.

Hey, Hero Academia question.

For the Overhaul quirk, how long can you go between "exploding things" and the "reconstruction" part? Are we talking seconds, minutes, or hours?

I think you're full of shit, you know it and you're trying to provoke amusing responses because you don't have anything better to do with your time.

Yes, I completely disgaree with the statement.

Funny thing, the most unambiguously evil faction on the site, the Daevites, is explicitly a matriarchy. Hell the Sarkic Cults were humanised a lot when it was revealed they were formed afte their leader contacted the eldritch overgoddess of flesh in order to rebel against them. And prior to that little revelation, the Sarkic Cults were all about bringing on fleshscape apocalypses. They still mostly are, but now there's even at least 1 nice one and it's implied they're mostly assholes because of the people running them ever since Ion left.

Ans they also said it was because they are forcing politically correct feminist crap into the comics and that the people who actually buy comics dont like that shit.

Of course they got screamed at for stating the truth.

How much of the Shards' massive scales is because the Entities can't be bothered to downscale or improve on anything by their own means? Because I refuse to believe that as big as they are, even holding back and dividing their capabilities enormously, that most of that mass isn't just useless waste.

The funny thing is, screaming at DC over it isn't going to hurt DC since they already decided not to kow tow to that. They just get to sit there smug and soak up the dying Marvel audience. If your opponent is making a mistake, let them.

I don't believe I know anything about the Daevites, though I do know the fleshies and the ironies.

Who the fuck knows. It's all magic bullshit and, like most writers, he doesn't actually know how scale and numbers work.