What's the name of this type of card sleeve? It's got a little protective sleeve so the cards don't fall out

What's the name of this type of card sleeve? It's got a little protective sleeve so the cards don't fall out

Charlie

Pocket page protectors?

I'm actually interested in this

Fucking annoying. I'm not sure what they're called either, but the plastic starts to ruin after a while and it's very difficult to get the cards out without bending them.

Is an egyptian gods deck viable in current meta?

Not really. Egyptian Gods were originally "balanced" because they were win-conditions that you had to summon the "honest" way. Now, you've got a hundred different ways to jank out similar abilities using faster, cheaper, more reliable methods. YGO is fun, but it's fun because it's got a broken meta, so you're pulling these crazy combos to win before your opponent can.

What if we ban extra decks except for fusion monsters?

The current meta is literally designed to force you to buy the most recent pack and invalidate anything before it.
LODT is the last set of YuGiOh cards.

Then you're just playing Duel Links.

Can't find anything if I look that up on Amazon.
OP's thing is awesome and I want to buy it.

Just play Monarchs and ban your opponent's extra deck.

>3 monster/spell slots
No thanks.

>Except for Fusion Monsters
Ha
HA
HA HAHAHAHAHAHA
>He thinks that Fusion can't be broken because muh nostalgia goggles.
Fusion has been proven at least 3 times to be just as capable of becoming a busted mess of a summoning method.

YGO's mechanics have literally never been a problem, it's the busted cards that Konami makes that happen to be those mechanics. Konami has, to date, proven that ALL of the following deck styles can be broken if they feel like it:
>Tribute Summoning
>Fusion Summoning
>Ritual Summoning
>Special Summoning at all
>Xyz Summoning
>Synchro Summoning
>Having a hand
>Not having a hand
>Using backrow
>Not setting cards in your backrow
>Pendulum Summoning
>Link Summoning
>Special Summoning From Grave
>Level 1 Monsters
>Attacking Directly
>Having cards in the opponent's Graveyard
>Letting your opponent play Monsters

Anybody that tries to argue that a mechanic by itself is "broken" or "unbalanced" needs to get their head out of their ass and look at the clear picture. Konami decides just how "busted" cards can be and if your special snowflake deck isn't good, it's because you're either not trying or because Konami hasn't graced it with OP support yet.

I noticed you didn't include Normal Summoning and No Summoning.

tribute summoning is normal summoning

No summoning is just spell burn and that's a thing with stuff like bad reaction to simochi.

>pendulum summoning
>link summoning
>synchro
>cards in your opponenents graveyard

what the fuck

last time I played was like 10 years ago, last time I bought packs was shadow of infinity

thought about getting back in but this sounds nuts

I promise you that this game is only fun anymore if you play casually with friends, or online via something like YGOPro.

Competitive YGO was, is, and will always be a joke comprised of whatever bullshit Konami wants to shill. Just like with any competitive TCG, the best games are found at the casual level with people that understand but don't play competitive.

The problem is that YGO is filled with dumbfucks that either have their nostalgia goggles on tight (and only play bad decks like E-HEROs or Yugi-Flavored Mishmash), or are just faggots that can't cut it in competitive and try to play casuals to make themselves feel good about going 0-X at every tournament they've ever been to (usually because they only netdecked before and couldn't keep up when the meta shifted away from their deck).

I've been considering getting back in to collecting YGO cards again. It's been quite awhile since I was at all active in this, and the local shop closed down.

What's the best place to buy booster boxes online? Preferably that's not going to fuck me over on shipping to Canada.

TCGPlayer is good, but honestly most of the time it's better to buy singles of what you want, unless you're hoping to get into competitive, in which case money is no object anyway.

There shouldn't be a problem with shipping to Canada because they have stores in Leafland.

Half the fun for me in collecting is the gambling aspect to be honest.

>TCGPlayer is good
Thanks.

That's a nice looking binder, I'm currently working on binders that house only the top nostalgia cards pre 5ds.

Multiple LOB Exodia sets, BEWD/REBD/DM, God cards, Sacred Beasts, BLS, Jinzo etcetc.

I got fairly decent duelling social circle, traditional decks and rules including using trad format from ban list. Best way to duel imo.

>Pic Related
Jinzos for a new deck I'm building, more LOB pieces for binder.

Also OP, sleeve your cards in double ultra pro sleeves before whacking them in the binder. Card upside down in duel sleeve, right way up in a bigger ultra pro sleeve so no dust then into a binder. No slip and no dust.

They'd still slip if you did that

Traditional is a pretty good duel format for casuals (especially since most old-school casuals are fond of Pot of Greed and such), but I'm actually pretty excited about Speed Dueling. Between skills and deck sizes letting you play cards that normally aren't all that great, and the general fast pace of the format, it's fantastic for casual duels.

The issue I tend to run into when looking for casual duels is that most people either consider "casual" to be "only DM era cards or shit that directly supports DM era stuff" or "Competitive deck but I run only 1 Zoo instead of 3 of each", both of which are fucking cancer to play against.

I remember when the term pendulum summon as revealed and it was advertised as a new method to summon high level monsters from your hand. A lot of people thought it was going to go hand-in-hand with Tribute Summoning. What a joke that was

What the fuck is even casual? I don't mind playing against meta decks. I win a lot of the time using whatever the fuck I want. Fuck, you guys must fucking suck at the game. Beating Zoodiac with shit like Relinquished Kaiju or whatever fucking deck I want to use.

The don't in my binders :/

Honestly we have a network of off the wall game shops that host tournaments or duel nights with traditionals decks, far from casual to be honest. We sometimes run tournament legal decks but honestly it comes downs to what era of the game appealed most to what duelist,

DM era has a cult following worldwide, to us anything after is not canon and we like it like that ;)

>to us anything after is not canon and we like it like that
Then you are objectively playing the game in an incomplete and incorrect fashion. The new mechanics are great and only some competitive outliers ruin the good time everyone has.

>I have only played against netdeckers that don't understand the game.
>Kaiju, the out to literally any monster, isn't meta in any way!
Relinquished is variable and only as good as the meta you play him in. If you'd played that deck against Kozmemes/Monarchs you'd fucking die because you can't target any of their shit and most people were playing Mask of Restrict (so you can't Kaiju them, either).

Also post deck.

>playing older version of game
>y-you're playing it wrong

Okay bob.

>Playing a game that has received good updates and improvements over time but nerfed a couple of your broken techs and released a few cards you don't like.
Yes. You are playing an incomplete game.

>not exclusively playing cards designed by Kazuki Takahashi
user pls

You guys that hate anything post-Goats should have gone to Yugioh Day. A lot of people compared the Link Starter deck mirror to Goats and had a lot of fun.

My locals has a few really good players, that top shit all the time.
Backrow removal exists and Mystic Piper/Allure of Darkness means you can draw into your shit pretty quickly, so getting rid of Mask of Restrict/March of the Monarchs wasn't hard.
Can't post deck because it's not on me.

>He doesn't know that Kaz designs the Ace monsters for both the MCs and the Rivals, as well as most of the MCs and Rivals themselves, alongside the Female Leads.
By that logic you should be playing Decode Talker and Utopia with a smile.

Who says I don't run some newer decks you clown, I like many others prefer old school. There is this little something called fun, you should try it sometime.

I've been playing literally since Volume 1 released in Japan, and I don't understand how you can prefer old school DM cards over the newer stuff. DM era was a jumbled hodgepodge of mediocre cards that were saved by Summoned Skull, Raigeki, Pot of Greed, and a few other fantastic cards that shone well. I acknowledge that DM-era will always be popular, but it's not "better" than newer stuff by any measure of the word, other than the personal measuring stick that's almost always got nostalgia goggles strapped firmly to it.

Is it the designs? The slower pace? The lack of complex effects? The constrained card pool that means you have to memorize less of opposing matchups? Fewer effect monsters? Sell me on my childhood, user, because from my perspective you're just a grumpy faggot that's too busy living in the past to acknowledge the present's good points, and I genuinely want to understand your perspective.

You're forgetting that Takahashi only designed the art for the majority of what you listed. The stats and effects are designed by the series' script writers, like Hikokubo and Yoshida. That's a big difference.

Not that user, but using the oldest cards and the Basic / Advanced rules can be pretty fun, especially if it's a draft duel.

>You're forgetting that Takahashi only designed the art for the majority of what you listed.
Actually, he generally has a lot of personality notes and shit for the characters. The only time he's done a design for a series that got declined was him designing Anna as the female lead for ZeXal. The staff opted to keep Anna, but make Kotori the female lead instead.

As far as the monster designs, he didn't design a lot of the card effects in DM era, either, so I dunno what the argument is there. Most of his shit either got a total overhaul when it went to the IRL game, or was designed by somebody else to begin with.

And yeah, old cards in draft is fun, but players being allowed to customize their decks just leads to a bunch of fuckers running Summoned Skull & Pals.

Yeah, Konami designed the majority of the cards from the DM era. A huge amount of them are terrible. Konami mishandling IPs is a given. There's no argument here.

ra with his new sphere mode is playable, it's $30 per sphere and game 2/3 it's harder to win because they'll try to avoid keeping 3 guys up.

>he thinks fusions are balanced
if you want to play elementary math the game then just make one yourself, should take about 2 hours tops man.

>the best games are found at the casual level with people that understand but don't play competitive.
no, playing with people who don't know what they are doing for retarded fun is best.

whats the best place to buy jp yugioh/pokemon cards?

Once or twice is fun, but then it gets boring when they don't understand and get mad at how you keep sacking their shit for a 3k beatstick, then making a 100 ATK bird and then running it over somehow.
Or when you keep summoning Eatos and they complain that her having 2 effects is "broken".

>Still no Amazon link for those card sleeves in the OP

Looked for those, never found them.

Just side in Nightmare Archfiends or something similar.