Duel Deck Creation/Mashup: Martial VS Caster Edition

INSPIRED by yesterday's events, let's try something new:

Let's have a regular thread dedicated to creating Thematic Commander Duel Decks and facing them off against each other, then host matches via Cockatrice/X-Mage, then saving the replays for our entertainment. Starting now, we'll try and get a pair of duel decks done each week, completing it with a match.

Then, come December, after we've smoothed out the kinks in this thread, we try and pull off one of the biggest, craziest matches ever:

Un-Set Commander Duel Decks, celebrating the release of Unstable,

>Starting Theme.
Let's use MTG to have some fun with a common topic on here. Martials vs. Casters. a Wizard Tribal Commander VS. a Soldier/Knight/Warrior Tribal Commander.

Also, a few things I have need of:
1. Another player(s) willing to play using the decks we create.

2. Optional, but it would be incredibly helpful, a private X-Mage or Servatrice Server we can use for matches. Otherwise we'll just use a Public Server. The server doesn't need to be a permanent fixation, being able to set it up and run it for the match day is all that's necessary.

3. A second OP willing to help keep this thread alive in case life gets in the way of me posting/updating.

Any interested in helping with this should message me via Discord: SwivelDiscourse #9013

And With that, let's get started. Which of Soldier, Knight, or Warrior best reflects Martials, and would be most fun to face off against a Wizard Tribal? Also suggest Commanders.

Sounds interesting. I'm thinking Riku for our deck, though obviously Azami is THE Wizard commander.

Tri color duel decks, I love it!

Always a fan of the duel decks, really the only MTG I pick up any more.

Well, if we're going tri-color, I'll suggest pic for the martial

Could use this and their pyromancer cousin in the caster deck

So, uh...

How to make this set different from the official one?

Are we going to aim for a more low-power/casual theme like last time? I kind of liked that aspect where people weren't just throwing in general goodstuff.

Also, Soldier or Warrior are better fits for the martial side of things. Knights are a bit narrow.

What if instead of the typical Fighter vs Wizard, we went for Rogues vs Clerics or something like that?

We're going more Thematic than power. Wizards stay here and work on the deck, Warrior deck is here:

We're going Tri-color, and it's a Commander deck on top of that. It should be enough to make it interesting.

Color combos mostly. For example a URG Caster vs a RWB Agro is going to play out very differnet than a typical R vs U deck.

Also the builds of official Duel decks is that of exploring brode themes with multiple victory conditions for each deck (no more than 2 of a card in each deck).

Well, to start us off, if we're going for Wizardly spellcasting, we'll want very in-real creatures. Illusions and Elementals to duplicate with our commander's second effect

Forgot pic

Just be sure that, when we get to the UN-Decks, Frankie Peanuts is banned. If you ask a self referential question, you win the game.

"Is the answer to this question the same as the answer to the question, 'Will you concede the game at the end of this step?'"

Also some Wizard Tribal. I feel like we're going to have a lot of spellslinging needed here

Maybe one day I'll remember the image as well

>Eretai vs kresh the bloodbraided
kresh should get REB and some anti counterspell creatures
Eretai should get some boardwipes, tokens (creaturers or otherwise) and a few counterspells as he really should be the main source of counters

Can't be a Wizard without some books

Scrolls: Another must

Create copies with +1/+1 tokens for additional card draw

Good idea.

We need bigger books

Somebody order a Wand?

And some true displays of skill

This is a must for our warrior deck

I think we need more spells

Actually, I was thinking about this. Both decks benefit from this, so I'm thinking Wizards get Doubling Season, and Martials Anointed Procession?

Those warriors only get some benefit from this if you get some more Raise the Alarms in the warrior deck if I see this correctly. But sure, sounds fun.

The trio of neat Izzet counterspells is done.

The fact no-one has suggested this already upsets me

>INSPIRED by yesterday's events
What happened yesterday?

Someone posted a thread with the Castle card and suggested people post cards to make a fun casual deck around it. That eventually spiraled out into duel decks and then others for a four player commander thing.

I think it's the castle themed duel decks.

Alright, you've got plenty of good cards here... but what are you going to use to cast them with? I'll include Sol Ring and the three signets for each deck if I feel we need it, and Command Tower will automatically be included in both, but... what about Mana Ramp?

Bump.