What would their stats be like, both as they are and as more of workable characters one could play as?

What would their stats be like, both as they are and as more of workable characters one could play as?

I dunno, Rick is mainly a rogue - because he's a slippery motherfucker that always gets away with shit. You can stack science, alchemy, magic or hacking on top of him, but he's primary a rogue. Just specced to taking advantage of people, making people do things for him, etc, instead of sneaking around.
Morty is really just a barbarian. If he gets pushed around for too long, he'll just start killing people.

Really, creating Rick&Morty-esque characters isn't about what stats you assign to them, it's about how you roleplay their personalities.

A Rick-like character will basically be a manipulative asshole who's completely unable to not be a manipulative asshole, even to the people he loves and cares.

A Morty-like character is a fucking timebomb of emotional and social frustration, overlaid with a simultaneous paradoxical lack of self-esteem and pride. Because Morty will one moment brag about how much adventures he had with Rick, and the next he'll be a blubbering social retard unable to communicate with a girl in class.

fuck off reddit

Fuck off /co/.

Rick Sanchez fits well as a Genius: the Transgression character, specifically a Klagen. Never figured out if Morty fits more as a Beholden or a proto-Genius in his own right.

Yeah yeah, we all think you're cool for hating a thing. Here's your (you).

Since the people over at WoDg are total dickheads, do you have a working link for Genius, please ?

Just google it son, there's an entire wiki for it

Thanks daddy

They would honestly fit quite snugly onto the Doctor Who roleplaying game.

Rick has the expertise but Morty has a plie of Story Points I think they're called to get lucky and use a more grounded human view to solve problems.

That's more of a /tv/ thing, honestly

But Doctor Who is shit in all its forms user

Seems neat, but isn't that also Fate, or a similar system?

So it's R&M. As that guy said, fits like a glove.

I'm a /co/mrade myself, and people really hate the show their. It only seems they hate it because it became popular of reddit. I was there in the before-times where they loved it, I was in the after-times where they hate it, but I missed the in-between-time where shit went down.

I know family, no one hates Doctor Who more than its fans.

Still thinking about it R&M is a bit like an edgier Dr Who, both like to explore concepts propped up by usually shaky science, both star time travelling old guys who take a verity of companions with them often seemingly at random, both have their old guy come from a society of magic space old guys but also be a really rebal and a runaway from that society.

Just one is occasionally entertaining and never above a joke even in the face of death while always keeping something approaching a philosophical point. The other is Rick and Morty.

I think people just liked season 1 better.

I don't understand why people on Veeky Forums care about what people on reddit think or do.

At first I wondered why 4chins was so cunty about R&M, but then I remembered that it was infested with Literally Nazis and one of the episodes ended with Rick and Summer beating up a skinhead.

I've never liked it. Ever.
The worst part is I'm a britbong so I'm almost expected to. But it's shit. It's unbelievably shit.

In all seriousness if it's the tone and dialogue that gets you try the new season that's coming later this year, new show runner and new lead who knows it might even be good. It'll probably be terrible though.

Dr Who is so very occasionally brilliant and then mind numbingly shit it's amazing that they get away with it. Suckers like me I guess.

Not quite it's been a while but the core of the system was trying to scale someone being a time Lord of others playing human companions without striping down to three stats or a tag system. It also does a cute thing where the turn order is talking>things that aren't talking or fighting> fighting.

Because alot of them are ex-redditors and think antireddit=good, Veeky Forums = good

The only good doctor was the bald one

I don't know who you're talking about, but Christopher Eccleston is the only good doctor.

If that's the bald one you speak of, then you're allowed to continue having that opinion.

Yeah that's the one

This is not a review of bait, but a reminder that, as of July 30, Rick-Posting, like Jack-Posting, will become a regular event. You can choose how you'll react to it, and how positive an impact these threads can have on the board.

Remember, posting annoying topics on the board is just as annoying as relentlessly posting your hate for these topics, and the latter may even surpass the former, given time.

Of course, I know none of you will listen, which at least gives me something to review when the deliberately annoying Rick-posters post faulty bait.

Rick:
Intelligence 5, Strength 2, Presence 3
Wits 4, Dexterity 3, Manipulation 4
Resolve 3, Stamina 2, Composure 3

Skills:
Academics 5
Computer 5
Crafts 5
Science 5

Firearms 3
Survival 4
Weaponry 3
Drive 3

Persuasion 3
Socialize 3
Streetwise 3
Subterfuge 3

Merits:
Encyclopedic Knowledge, Eidetic Memory, Common Sense, Fast Reflexes, Allies, Fame, Retainer (Morty),

The same reason hipsters hate anything that becomes mainstream: it's an easy way to feel superior to people without actually having to do anything.

Which one? Dr Who or R&M?

I like both in moderate amounts but neither are amazing.