Why is the YGO meta so much better than the MtG meta?

Why is the YGO meta so much better than the MtG meta?
>Jewish Dragon people
>Dinosaurs
>Spirit Dragons
>Robots
>Cosplayers

Other urls found in this thread:

yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Sangan
yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Gladiator_Beast_Nerokius
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Meanwhile standard has 10 plus decks in standard, probably its worst format current, that are tier 1 and 2, and eternal formats have like 25+ decks that are considered viable and capable of winning a tourney.

I wanna see where this goes

FUCK YOU WHEN WILL MY X-SABERS BE GOOD AGAIN

Eternal power-creep is a bad thing.
Within the next 2 banlists, Draco and Dinosaur will be banned down to unplayable status, the next archetype will take over and will see months of play until they too are banned to unplayable.

It happened to Dragon Rulers, it happened to Monarchs, it happened to Shadolls and it'll happen to the next flavor of the month.

They should unban old ass shit like Chaos Emperor Dragon just to reset the cycle once in a while. They can reprint it at max rarity in any upcoming booster boxes to get sales as well. Means less time making retarded new archetypes, and gets to refresh old collections.

>OCG
Probably because the OCG banlist isn't as restrictive compared to the TCG banlist

As far as I can remember shit like Monster Reborn is limited there while us burgers and eurocucks have to deal with Chinese knockoff Monster Reborn that costs my first-born child just to activate.

I feel like they tried that with Raigeki now being at 1, but they haven't done that since.

>OCG has Chaos Emperor at 3, Feather Duster and Avarice at 1 and Solemn at 1.
>TCG has Morphing Jar 2 banned.

Really makes you think...

>banned in TCG
>limited in OCG

>I go second
>Ok, my first turn
>OP combo resulting in an FTK
>gg

I sure love YGO.

Why don't they use the same banlist worldwide?

But that never happens outside shitty youtube videos or casual games.

Because OCG and TCG contain different cards

TCG is a subset of OCG so TCG should always obey what OCG says respecting bans.

Because then they'd have to take account of region specific archetypes before they've been introduced to other regions.

Possibly related, ygo is way more popular in america and europe than it is in Japan and we get the extra advantage of being able to see what cards are going to be in a set before we get our hands on them. We simply have more autists to throw at solving any given format than they do. And Japan must always have the advantage when worlds comes around..

You're right
Except for the fact that you can't ban nonexistant cards and should ban cards whose answer only exist in OCG

Also, Asian and Occidental metas are pretty much always different, whatever the game, so different bans are needed

They should release an exact 1:1 card list worldwide in the first place, it makes absolutely no sense to have different sets.

Well, that's not fair. You didn't give us a comparison of the MTG meta.

Wake me when gladiator beasts are playable again

Gladiator Beasts are always playable.

They're still playable in Casual, user

>let me spend 80% of the duel searching through my deck and shuffling.
Nah, fuck you and your shitty boring archetype.

>>cosplayers

I miss D R A G O N S

>make bans based on metas, not what's strong

uh, what?

>but that never happens except when it does
:^)

Yea, my thoughts exactly. With how long the format takes to shift, if someone were to get banned in OCG, all the TCG players (or vice versa) would do the exact same thing until the banlist rotated again, assuming the combos/cards existed wherever you're playing.

Really though, there never should've been two games.

I was trying to think of a way to make the game not retarded infinite powercreep. Best I could come up with is a pauper or similar where the maximum deck value caps at $50. I got the inspiration for that less from Magic and more from UU/NU tiers in Pokemon The biggest problem with that format idea is that eventually the cards can become popular because of the format and the metagame could eventually fluctuate, causing said cards to be unplayable.

I don't have any better ideas. Eternal format being the only format is a mistake.

I hate any deck that does this. Searching more than once or twice a turn makes the game formulaic and obnoxious. Might as well just stack the deck and play frogs/future fusion/Magical Explosion FTK and just jerk yourself off so I don't need to pay attention.

>YGO meta
>good

Compared to which meta? You do know Magic has more than one, right? Modern, Legacy, Standard, Draft, and EDH all get played regularly, along with countless other smaller formats like Pauper and Tiny Leaders.

You were relevant for like 3 months mate, come back when you have a track record like six sams.

They toned down its effect in the last reprint amd it's no longer the game breaking juggernaut it once was.
I miss raw chaos days.

Have you seen the crazy shit that is new gb fusion? Shits bonkers yo.

what happened? did they change something about it? Still looks the same to me on the wiki, unless they changed a ruling or something.

I remember. it was extra obnoxious with a Sangan on the field. You could just search Yata-Garasu and win the game on the spot. That's not always the case now thanks to graveyard shit, but it was for a while.

Sorry my bad yeah they kept the same effect, funny I actually meant sangan with nerf bats.
yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Sangan
Probably a good idea I get the bus home from work and not drive.

I have not, please spoonfeed me.

yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Gladiator_Beast_Nerokius

*cue airplane noises*