So apparently Guilliman is currently writing up a new Codex targeting the Nobles of the Imperium and use it as a law to...

So apparently Guilliman is currently writing up a new Codex targeting the Nobles of the Imperium and use it as a law to keep them in line.

How the fuck is he going to enforce this?

By giving it to the masses, to make the nobles accountable for their actions.

Who's going to argue?

Custodes?

Eversors.

>How the fuck is he going to enforce this?
>How is the favored son of a man whose seen as the literal father and god of mankind going to enforce a new ruling?
Really churns my butter.

A combination of religious indoctrination on the nobles themselves, direct control over a military that can severally punish disobedience, and the belief that the common man of the imperium will consider their loyalty to the son of their god rather than the local lord.

Bloodily

You seem to be wholesale unaware on just how ballsy and stupid imperial nobles are

With his vocal, written, and military authority. Also Space Marines.

I thought
Was an answer to

This says nothing about how they'd react or deal with a fucking Primarch. Not even the dumbest or egotistical noble or rouge trader is going to stand in Guilliman's way.

Actually in Dark Imperium, Planetary Governors are apparently stonewalling Guilliman's efforts to reconstitute Greater Ultramar

What is source of this?

Dark Imperium, Guilliman says he's writing "The Codex Imperialis" which will be a guide to "Good governance that our species has been without for too long."

>Gulliman goes on a galactic road trip to personally slap every single Imperial Nobleman upside the head for being retarded in a time of crisis like this

Bye Bye grim dark.

The entire Ecclesiarchal presence on these planets will consider it the Emperor's divine will delivered through his son.

Imperial nobles can't argue, and if they do, they won't be in power for long.

Good. It's been at retarded levels for too long.

For someone who is anti-religion, Guilliman sure likes using the imperial creed to his own ends.

The primarch sighed. ‘I will be honest with you, so listen. You are privy to matters I do not readily share. I see that in the period following the Great Heresy War I was too focused upon the reformation of the Legions, trusting to the council my father created to govern wisely. My optimism was misguided. This terrible future I find myself in is my fault as much as anyone else’s. Now I have concluded my revisions of the Codex Astartes, I have begun work upon a new book. This book I shall call the Codex Imperialis. In it I shall set down the principles of good governance long denied our species. Compiling an accurate history is only the start of the process.’
‘You do this while conducting this war?’ said Mathieu in disbelief.
‘I have few of the powers your priesthood ascribes to me, Mathieu, but I do have other abilities

Didn't he start to believe just a bit after he used the Emperor's Sword to demolish some Nurgle Daemon in Dark Imperium? The Daemon basically shrugged off all conventional weapons and was only pained by Big E's Pimp Stick.

Theoretical, he thought. The Emperor is a god and denied His own divinity to protect humanity. Practical, He is a god.
Or, he continued to himself, Theoretical, the Emperor was not a god, but became one. Practical, He is a god.
He dismissed the idea angrily. These theoreticals had trooped through his thoughts so many times before he had grown weary of them, but his mind would not stop generating counter-arguments to his beliefs.
Theoretical, the Emperor was always a god, but was unaware of it. Practical, He is a god.
No, he thought.
Theoretical, the Emperor became a god to protect humanity. Practical, He is a god.
He is not a god, he thought.
Theoretical, Guilliman thought savagely now, turning his anger against his traitorous mind. The Emperor was never a god, denied He was a god and has been wrongly elevated by men who see power and mistake it for divinity. Practical, the Emperor is not a god.

Guilliman put up and sheathed the sword. The fires went out, plunging the cathedral back into darkness, but a certain sanctity remained. By the Emperor’s own blade, Guilliman had driven back the baleful influence of Chaos. He could not deny the effect. He could not have defeated an enemy like that without the weapon.
Godlike, he thought.

Is Dark Imperium set in 30k? If not he should damn well believe after the Heresy

It opens set in 30k with the Bobby G and Fagrim duel. Then it time skips to the revival of Gulliman.

>tfw HH literally made you go from hating to loving Papa Smurf
All we need is Thiel to make this perfect.

The first 3 chapters are about his battle with Fulgrim, which basically ended in "FUKKEN CORPSE SERVANT, GET OUT MY THRONE ROOM REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE" and a fit of austistic rage from Fulgrim.

The rest takes place 112~ years after 999.M41, but that's a pointless number since GW told us timelines no longer matter.

Even if he finds some merit in the Emperor being a god or at least possessing god like power, I doubt he'll ever start worshipping.

It's clear he finds Big E pretty distasteful and deceitful despite his overall goal being good.

Does Girlyman completely fail to realize how the Imperium operates? A vast number of imperial worlds are almost totally independent. Under the current system, so long as you pay the tithe and follow some exceedingly basic rules, the greater Imperium doesn't give a shit about what you do. This works because micromanaging all those worlds and trying to establish any sort of conformity and consistency is fucking impossible. The Imperium just doesn't have the resources to spare on such needless bullshit.

Even bigger space marines.

He literally wrote the book you dumb profligate

1. Primarch
2. See all those space marines that are more loyal to him than they are to them?
3. See all those totally-not militarized ecclesiastic that view him as the right hand of the God Emperor?

>thinking you know more than the greatest statesman in history

lmao

>Forgets Arbites exist
>Greatest statesman in history

Guilliman could put just one marine on each planet and he'd still only cover a fraction of the Imperium.

He doesn't need to leave garrisons behind. He just needs to have the looming hammer ready to fall. The response to nobles getting out of hand may not be immediate, bit it will be a certainty. It won't be perfect, but most of the worthless fucks will be kept in line by fear of inevitable retribution if they overstep.

>you werent there, he growled. Only The Emperor and Bjorn remember, as the other were all gone or lost to madness. Thats what they all forget... I was the last. After all my brothers faded away I alone remained to defend the Hearth. I saw the damage Robute did with his last book. How it crippled our Legions and whole chapters fell to the dark with loyal brothers by their side. I will not have it. I will not! No more NEEEERRRRDDDDSSS!!!!!!!

> t. Wolf fucker
Honestly a negative endorsement from Russ on just about any subject is a confirmation that it's a good idea 99% of the time.

The looming hammer could take centuries. The nobles already have things like Arbites and Inquisitors hanging overhead, and they still get into all kinds of shit. The Big Blue Book of Proper Governance shouldn't change shit.

>t. wolf fucker
HAHA DO I FIT IN YET TEEGEE? I JUST CAME FROM REDDIT AND 1D4CHAN AM I COOL WITH MY DANK MAYMAYS?

If this is actual fluff and not just writefags being awesome again, im actually kinda interested in guilliman's roadtrip.

Guy Haley is easily one of the best BL writers working right now, probably one of the best ever.

I'm sure they'll explain to you just how easily he does it when the next fluff bits come out.

t. Assblasted Wolf Fucker

1. God Emperor tier: Dan Abnett

Powergap
90000. Chaos Spawn tier: Everyone else

IF I SHITPOST MOAR I WILL FIT IN MOAR HUEHUEHUEHUE

Governors were arguing with him about desolving their sovereingty and reabsorbing them into the hundred worlds. They'll fight hard against anything thatwants to take what is theirs. Whether that guilliman or a chaos warband.

Nah, Guy Haley's really good. You'll hear no argument from me that Dan Abnett's also one of the best ever though. His worst is equivalent to 90% of BL author's best. And any time one of them says "that's just the Abnettverse" or something of that nature, I just assume they're jealous.

Yeah he's kind of trying to fool himself Into thinking E money isn't a god. Every hypothesis basically comes back to him being one.

*wet leopard growling intensifies*
Dan Abnett's Perpetual bullshit is inexcusable. Chris Wraight and Guy Haley are far better.

ADB should be higher

No reason to be so flustered by a 4chins shitposter newfriend, just stop giving him (you)s.

What did Hailey write? I have read about 90% of the HH and various others but nothing comes to mind? Not being a dick as I dont really pay attention to BL authors when I pick a book although McNeil stands out as well as Abnett for some reason.

t. Super Assblasted Wolf Fucker

Baneblade, Dark Imperium, Shadowsword, Death of Integrity, Valedor, a few of The Beast Arises.
He hasn't touched the HH series, but where it's at now, I don't blame him.

Somebody's mad

He is consolidating his power, a lot of the new Ultramarine
-successor chapters are based in Ultramar.

If it comes to war the dissenting governors will crumble quickly. Especially considering rebelling against Guilliman will be considered heresy by the Church, they'll likely incite rebellion.

If Bobby G has to go full Great Crusade on the five hundred worlds, he will.

>Eisenhorn
>Ravenor
>Prospero Burns
>Know No Fear

Abnett is king user.

You're going to get rabies or something if you keep fucking those wolves, man

Blood Axes as enforcers for hire?

I hated the yifffaggots before the memeage of the internet. Yellow and baby blue? Gay AF

Samefag

t. Half-Correct Assblasted Wolf Fucker

Make Ultramar Great Again

>screenshotting
I'm not the dogfucker but you just outed yourself as a newfag. Those things can be edited with inspect element in like 12 seconds you big dumbie.

Prospero Burns was a huge disappointment. I'm not even saying this as Thousand Sons/Magnus/Ahrimanfag, I'm saying this because I expected to see two sides of the actual conflict. Not a fucking book that spends more time being a backdoor story to the Space Wolves origins and Russ origins.

>the >wolf fucker newfag exposes himself as a newfag!

Stay tuned for the damage control on Maccraggian News Network!

The title was very bait and switch, I agree.

>the book wasnt about what i wanted it to be
>3/10
You have autism

It's called "Prospero Burns" user.

t. wolffucker

That armor makes me moist

t. Flustered Wolf Fucker Looking To Save Face

You already saw Magnus and Prospero get blown the fuck out in A Thousand Sons... what you want 11 versions of Istvaan V from horus, fulgrim, angron, mortarion, alpharius, perty, lorgar, cruze, Ferrus, Corax and Vulkan?

I'm not that guy and I don't think the screenshot was edited. I was just pointing out that only a retarded newfag would try to use it as evidence.

I think you have autism. I wanted the Wolf's viewpoint of the battle but not their background story regurgitated most of the novel.

Then call it Kaspar Hauser's Wacky Wolf Adventures. The original poster you responded to didn't actually say anything about the quality of the book. You must admit that the title is horrendously misleading.

There was never any practical reason to dislike him besides the fact that he ended up being in charge and made some moves the other primarches didn't like (because it denied them power).
Most of what people know are memes and conspiracy theories.

>what is Imperium Seccondus

In fact it was in Chaos' best interest that he survived because he siphoned assets away from Terra and Dorn.

>what is Imperium Seccondus
A massive meme. Terra was unreachable and he suspected it was destroyed. He set up the successor to the Imperium and dropped it the second he found out the Emperor was still alive. The next book Ruin Storm is about Sanguinius, Rob, and Lion trying desperately to get to Terra.

You're absolutely right, but I'm still sure it'll be bullshit. One of the Imperium's greatest strengths and most glaring of weaknesses is how compartmentalized everything is. New information does not spread quickly, especially not to the boonies on the ass end of nowhere. Passing out copies of this book to every Arbite station will be a Herculean task in and of itself.

>right hand of the Emperor
The Ecclesiarchy basically sees Guilliman as some kind of space Jesus, even more than the original Space Jesus that was the Emperor. They call him "Son of God", everyone behave as he is a messiah,

And yet the Chaos "gods" forbade Lorgar to face Gulliman by himself because he would have killed him and the new loyal commander would have actually tried and succeeded in reaching Terra making all the difference.

Damn thats some great art

>believing what Chaos says

>what is one of those memes I referenced
The only argument that can be made relies on omniscient knowledge of the setting, not IC knowledge.
>continues the memery
Yes, and how much of the entire BA fleet was lost in transit? The Lion got there when, exactly?

What a stupid yifffag. Go fuck a dog, ugly.

>and the new loyal commander would have actually tried and succeeded in reaching Terra making all the difference
Bullshit. That's all headcanon. Kairos never says specifically why. Also both heads talked so half was lies anyway.

Sounds like Lorgar was only pretending to be incompetent... again. The Calth mission was intended to destroy the Ultramarines, and failed badly.
"Of-- of course I didn't destroy the Ultramarines. It was-- according to uh... plan. So that they won't interfere."

Why would Chaos lie to its greatest Champion?

We need a petition to have all 40k art be on this same level of patrician teir.

Goddamn I'm erect.

>Kairos
Why don't you actually know what you are talking about?

Kairos was allowed to speak the truth for only that moment by thw will of all 4 chaos "gods" dipshits

So says Kairos.

According to whom?
Thus Spake the Liar.

I fucking hate chaos, but did you guys read the book? Kairos clearly starts making sense during its talk with Lorgar

>tfw a bunch of Astartes don't like him revising the codex
Not to mention the =][= trying to block him.

To be fair it was the fault of the dude in charge of the Furious Abyss and Kor going full edgelord that shat up the entire Calth plan.

>I-I can totally one up Erebus
>Join me, Guilliman, and together we can rule the galaxy and shit

A liar can't make sense, especially one who is cursed by it's existence such that it's creator, that it is an inherent part of, can do nothing about it?
The argument hinges on taking a known liar's word as objective truth. Think about why people are unwilling to accept that.