Mario RPG: Pipes & Plumbers

Mario RPG: Pipes & Plumbers

>Rules
1d4chan.org/wiki/Super_Mario_RPG
>Races, Abilities, Items, Badges, etc. docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1TNIGww-irrwywHgSCZPgCw_AT9Q5fmwAmyF2_8T0dBk/htmlview#gid=0
>Additional Races
pastebin.com/6HHbLh7c
>Campain RP Archive
akey.ca/gbrp/index.php
>Gameplay Test Log 1
pastebin.com/tqZPyfdz
>Gameplay Test Log 2
pastebin.com/8v8cK2BX
>Super Mario Wiki
mariowiki.com/Main_Page

Anyone actually running anything at the moment? Care to share stories?

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.4plebs.org/tg/search/text/Mario/type/op/
youtube.com/watch?v=0S6MFl55_FY
pastebin.com/6HHbLh7c
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1TNIGww-irrwywHgSCZPgCw_AT9Q5fmwAmyF2_8T0dBk/htmlview#gid=0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I'm running a Mario RPG game based on ROT3K that takes place in Sarasaland.

I call it "Bromance of the Four Kingdoms."

This was the first game I ever ran, actually. We had a Pimp Yoshi and a Shy Guy who was probably a serial killer in the making. And Kremling Yakuza.

You were talking about this last thread, but never gave any deets. Tell us how it's going, what's going on?

Now THIS is how you use the system.

I'm glad you like the sound of it, but we pulled everything out of asses. I didn't plan anything but fluff, and when they met the boss of the arc, I had him too weak to penetrate anyone's toughness...

Also, has anyone tried to run a different setting with this system?

I've never ran an RPG in my life, and I just rolled up a friend's stats for him. He didn't roll anything under 4 (for reference, the game determines 3 as the average stat for everyone). Do you think they're too high? I really don't know much about DMing so I don't want to fuck with the balance of the game.

Here's the stats:

Heart: 6
Power: 5
Smarts: 5
Coolness: 4
Toughness: 7
Speed: 7
Heath Points: 13
Flower Points: 11

For reference, here's the other two character's statlines:

(YOSHI)
Heart: 5
Power: 5
Smarts: 6
Coolness: 2
Toughness: 5
Speed: 5
Health Points: 10
Flower Points: 7

(SHY GUY)
Heart: 6
Power: 7
Smarts: 9
Coolness: 2
Toughness: 5
Speed: 5
Health Points: 11
Flower Points: 8

Anything seem out of whack?

My group was interested in playing this as a one-off just on name alone but all the rules turned us off. Thanks for ruining a cool name.

I fucked up the stats, Yoshi should have 4 coolness and 9 FP.

The rules are based entirely on Paper Mario. What's wrong with them?

Its the risk you run when you roll stats. I don't think it will be an issue though.

Can you clear this up: can racial stats push a stat over 7 if they're rolled? I know that the wiki specifically says you can't push stats above 7 if you point buy, but I'm not sure.

There's nothing that says you can't break the ceiling while rolling, so I'd say you can. It's the advantage of that system in the first place; you can have better stats than point buy allows. Of course, it can also screw you with low rolls. But thems be the bends, m'boy.

Bump

I wish the previous threads had been archived. There was some good stuff posted.

How do you archive threads?

>How do you archive threads?

Well, first, a thread has to be about WH40k.

>cries like a little bitch
>doesn't show where on the doll the rules touched him
And I thought it was OP who was the fag

Oh ok...

ME LIEK SPASHE MEH-WEENS!

ME LAIK SPASE MURRREEENS 2!

OMG!

BEST THRED ON TEE GEE EVAR!

SOOOO EPIK!

ARCHIVE WHEN?!?!

Ooh my doc was added to the copypasta. Neat

I'm gonna try and run a session of this at the FLGS near me. Will post results when I do

4plebs automatically archives Veeky Forums threads ya dinguses

archive.4plebs.org/tg/search/text/Mario/type/op/

Everything gets archived. Where do you think I found the OP post?

See . Nice fucking quads mate.

My campaign is a blast and my players are awesome.

I don't want to reveal too many of my plans, because if my players read about it here I don't want the surprised to be spoiled.

I will say this: I'm about to introduce miniature war game rules. Each PC will be a unit commander for a group of Monty Mole sappers, spear guy infantry, toad farmer/soldiers, etc.

It's going to be epic!

Some other units I'm working on...

>Cavalry mounted on Ostros
>Siege engines, like a giant potted fire breathing piranha plant on wheels.
>Bullet bill shooter artillery
>Ukiki saboteurs

...and much, much more!

>mario war game
You better post them here when you're done

Any ideas on a chapter of a campaign parodying Mad Max with go-karts?

watch the super show episode toad warrior

It would be cool to run an adventure in Hyrule in this system.

I've thought the same thing.

I really like the Mario RPG system.

It's much better than the Zelda RPG system currently on 1d4chan.

It would be REALLY EASY to adapt the Mario RPG system to a Zelda game.

Cool stuff.

I was trying to make something like this a few years back, but I got bogged down by overcomplexity. Good to see that someone else has been at least moderately successful operating with this idea.

You should play it. Mario RPG is a fun system.

I was actually thinking of doing a campaign in where a Mushroom Kingdom expedition gets shipwrecked on the coast of Hyrule.

Awesome.
I'd love to play in a campaign like that.

Sorta a reverse Link's Awakening huh?

Link's Awakening is great! It has tons of references to other Nintendo games.

Who else is running or playing a game?

So is this the Mario OC thread? Holy shit this is autistic. Definitely a contender for Sonic OC

>toad farmer/soldiers
youtube.com/watch?v=0S6MFl55_FY

Yeah, I'm just trying to decide what Hyrule map should I use for the game, any suggestions, because I'm leaning towards the breath of the wild.

Don't you have some WH40K fan fiction to edit?

You could use a pre-existing map.

Or you could use a random map generator.

Yeah I do. It's called "The Emperor's Shiny New Erotic Prolapse"...
I mean...SHUT UP!

I vote for Koholint Island from Link's Awakening.

>toad farmer/soldiers

I just wanted to make a cute like war game!

With Toad Militia members who toss turnips and dig up mushrooms to eat and replenish their health!

I didn't want this!
NOT THIS!

This!

The Adventure of Link

Of note, Zelda 2 includes Zelda 1's map

Fascinating. I never had the patience to finish Zelda one and two.

I can't help but notice that all these town names have shown up again in later games.

>Mido town
Burn it to the fucking ground.

Wonderful, nice trips

Zelda 2 is pretty fantastic.
You can tell exactly how much care was put into it.

It has characters named "Error" and "Bug"

Anyone have some suggestions on gagets for shy guy? My girlfriend is rolling up a character and has absolutely no ideas what to do, and neither do I.

Maybe a shrink ray that changes your size for (Smarts) number of turns?

Does anyone have the bestiary?

If not, does anyone have a suggestion on how to create proper enemies? What their stats should be?

Here are some character sheets I whipped up for a tutorial campaign for three extremely casual players. I've never done this before and don't know how I did. Any suggestions? Does Bowser look too strong or too weak for a boss battle, preferably with him utilizing mooks as defense.

Why are you pretending to be me? This is some deep running autism you have

Not him, but why would you come into a thread specifically to just make fun of those in the thread?

If edgy board culture is your thing, have you considered /v/?

No, I haven't considered /v/, because its filled with people who are obsessed with overrated shit like this. This thread is deviantArt-level though. Very bad for the board. Do you guys actually sit in a room with other """"men"""" and roleplay stuff like pic related with them? What the fuck?

I don't think anyone in this thread has ever played a character who resembles anything close to that.

I doubt any of them even play a human in this game.

Also, two of the three players in the campaign I GM are girls.

How ugly are they? Be honest, bud.

One's 7/10 and the other is 8/10 she's the one I'm dating

They've never in their life played Veeky Forums before, so it's not a surprise.

I told you to be honest. Why would you lie on an anonymous imageboard? This isn't reddit like you're obviously used to

>why would you lie
But I didn't, and you have absolutely no way of proving that I did, so you should accept that I haven't.

The burden of proof lies on the claimer

You're the one who claimed they were ugly first, though.

No. You claimed you play with 2 girls. Pay attention

But I do play with two girls. If we're really going back, you claimed that everyone who plays this game are neckbeards who love DeviantArt OC or something.

>or something
Correct

Okay. That's as far as I'll keep replying. Have a good night, user!

Upvoted

Nice

>NO U!
>"Autism"

Nice comeback.

>Saves shitty fanart on his computer
>"You guys are such losers!"

Really makes you think.

Would you recommend this to a beginner in playing RPGs?

Oh yes.
It's a very simple system.
It's a lot of fun too.

Tell me about your players' characters.

Yes.
Combat and gameplay are looser and the mechanics are easy to understand.

One of them is a Toad explorer/archaeologist in the vein of Indiana Jones. One is an artist Yoshi who paints with her tongue. Last is a Shy Guy who mumbles and presents a challenge to the rest of the party and NPCs when it comes to communication

>Last is a Shy Guy who mumbles and presents a challenge to the rest of the party and NPCs when it comes to communication

He really is a....BASHFUL GUY!

Didn't that game get some pretty bad reviews?

every time i see one of those threads, i smile.

also, has anyone ever gotten around to make a beanish character race different than the one on here? pastebin.com/6HHbLh7c
I was thinking, instead of the joke ability, they could have something bean related (I mean as the beans you find underground in the mario and luigi games) but I don't really know how to make one. I tought something like you get a +1 more in a stat of your choice after each level up in addition of the one you get by default, but i think that would slowly spiral out of control making Beanish the strongest characters in the later levels.
Or even a Pi'illo race, do we have any of those?

or hoohooligan (hooski) race! I'm sorry, I just really love the mario & luigi game atmosphere. It gets me so happpy and chill

Not really. It's actually a very good game.

GOSH, I forgot shelltops, brocks, shroobs, maybe something like Stuffwell?

On the big gdocs sheet I think I let Beanfolk use Coolness in place of Power for melee attacks

Good stuff.

Still no beastiary?

I'm working on one very slowly, for a quick reference you can just use stats from the Mario Wiki and call it good

>Beanish

>Beanfolk gain a point in Coolness, reflecting their unabashed joyful nature, smiling even in the face of despair.

>Trickster - A Beanish can use Coolness in place of Power when attacking with Melee weapons.

I thought that one existed, I was just looking for the link.

Which stats do you mean?

Thanks again for all of the work you put in on the Mario doc.

I'm already using the info for my campaign.

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1TNIGww-irrwywHgSCZPgCw_AT9Q5fmwAmyF2_8T0dBk/htmlview#gid=0

>Which stats do you mean?
Paper Mario stats, user. They're literally what this homebrew uses.

This?

It's incomplete and has some weird choices.

It's in the OP, the long gdocs link. And by stats I mean the ones right out of the game, every RPG enemy on Mario Wiki has its stat block in the article. You really only need HP, Attack, and Defense for enemies; you can bullshit the rest.

Thanks user, hopefully one day I'll actually play in a game

You mean Goomba's stats of "HP: 2, Attack: 1, Def: 0"? That's all I need? Nice

Here's the character sheet.