Character wears a mask and covers his face because he has a disorder that inverts the way his face shows emotion...

>Character wears a mask and covers his face because he has a disorder that inverts the way his face shows emotion. He smiles and grins when he is sad, and tears up and sniffles when he is happy.

what are some other ways of incooperating the masked man as a character trait?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6inEWnnIlEk&t=32s
vimeo.com/145897706
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

What's the face he makes when he cums

Character is not allowed in certain places since guards assume the mask is hiding a wanted criminal's face

>Character wears a mask because he wants to look like a wicked cool badass

that of a feminist working in an office with a temperature of 20°C

>masked man
Let's skip to the end.

Character has a mask collection and just wears them for shits and giggles and to add a bit of extra flair

character has no mouth however an enchanted mask can allow him to speak, said mask has a mouth that moves awkwardly when he talks.

I've got a character currently who uses a mask to obscure her actual race. She can't really hide her giveaway traits without causing a lot of harm to herself, so she paints whatever she can't cover and wears a mask trying to pass it off as a costume. She'd much prefer being treated poorly for acting strange than for what she is.

Eventually she'll prove her ability as a monster hunter and it won't matter as much, but until then it's a way of shielding herself from the people around her.

That grimace of horror that happens when you're about to reach climax but then the thought of something incredibly unsexy enters your head and sets you back 10 minutes of fapping.

I've always loved the trope of having a character that wears a mask to hide their disfigured face. I don't know why but that idea really appeals to me.

My decker/street doc rarely takes off his mask, he's actually quite handsome, but he likes the containment the mask brings and his heavier breathing, helps him focus. Well, at first at least.

Now he even sleeps with it on after he barely saved the entire party from a gas attack and hitman ambush in the limo that was supposed to take us to the meeting point.

If I took off that mask, would he die?

Lotta brevity for a random user!

This is dumb. You're dumb.

you are dumb for not even having any on-topic idea you could present us

So your character is literally a low-functioning autist?

One character of mine wore a fox mask due to a large hideous birthmark on her face. Even ignoring it she wasn't particularly good-looking to begin with.

If I gave you a (you) what would happen?

A character I have doesn't wear a "mask" but rather skin-color paint, a big hat, "Amber Spectacles" (sunglasses), and a big 'ol collar on par with Auron from Final Fantasy because they're a Hobgoblin and in many towns would be attack on sight. So instead he just looks like a particularly ugly human at first glance.

1. There's nothing under the masks.

2. There's *something* under the masks.

3. They're not wearing masks.

Just fake it like the rest of us.

only in that very specific regard.

there is no actual individual behind the mask.
only an idea. and an idea does not need a face

The mask and clothes are actually parts of his body. If you took them off there would just be meat underneath. Not even organs just undifferentiated meat.

>3. They're not wearing masks.

No mask? No mask!

They wear a mask because they really like masks

Someone told him to once and he just never thought to take it off. It smells horrible underneath and his face has gotten so gross people will think he kept it on to hide it.

He does it just to annoy people with big dramatic stories about how he can never show his face (100% lies).

Its a mask underneath the mask.

They have 'Fuck you' branded onto their face and want to be polite.

Someone used sovereign glue on the mask as a prank and they can never find a bottle of solvent for it.

He's a foreigner who was told its local custom.

The Nonexistent Knight by Umberto Eco

Have you tried just talking to women? It's not difficult.

Man does not wear the mask as a charade.
The mask wears the man as a vessel.

The mask stays on?

youtube.com/watch?v=6inEWnnIlEk&t=32s

That would be a nice curse, but overly edgy character concept otherwise.

>disadvantage on all social checks unless you're talking to deviants and mad men.

>what are some other ways of incooperating the masked man as a character trait?
He's just an elf, man.

When he takes his mask off there's just a hole where his face should be that acts as a two way entrance to a random spot in space.

What if a dog wears that mask?

I'm pretty sure one of the (shitty) sequels features a scene of this.

It would be extremely painful.

No need to be a snowflake, just make it a cultural thing in the character's background. I had an eastern Inquisitor who worshipped a mountain god and wore a mask both as a symbol of the order and to appear stoic like the mountain itself; the fact it gave +1 to intimidate was neither here nor there. Have them be a tribal who wear masks to appease their gods. Have them come from some country where masks represent status. Have him worship a god who favours wearing masks (non-evil gods of death have a tendency for it). He comes from a country where upon reaching adulthood people wear masks until they're married (as a way for the non-married to identify potential partners, a way to encourage people to start a family (no-one wants to be 30 and still wearing their mask), and a cheeky way for people to cheat). No reason to make him an autist.

They have a thing for masks.

I'm not him, but that's a real article written by a feminist.

The only masked PC I can remember playing was from nobilis. He wore a utterly plain white mask that had no eye or mouth holes to hide his face because he didn't want people to see his facial expressions when he was making pacts and deals with others. He felt that due to his nature as a god he could compromise the other parties free will if they could see too much of his true nature. Basically the mask isn't there to protect his identity from you.

It's there to protect you from from having your mind shattered by looking at the living avatar of hope. Because he was very lawful and didn't want to cause you to sign a contract in duress.

A character who uses different masks to use different abilities, like Link does in Majoras Mask?

So, what, she's just really insecure?

Maybe they just have a really ugly injury and they wear the mask to hide it or protect it from harm.

Mostly. The other part is that she doesn't really understand the racism and finds it easier to parse when people just think she's eccentric/strange. Admittedly, this is at least partially because, no matter how I look at the setting, I myself can't understand the racial tensions that are supposed to be going on. The two playable races are almost physically identical and there aren't any apparent cultural differences either.

She's also a bit of a coward and finds it easier to act brave when she's got a big scary facade hiding her expression, but she didn't figure that part out until later.

will use it for my char

For anybody who hasn't seen it: vimeo.com/145897706

It's a little, "whatever", but I think it's a really well done, cute animation and I like it and would be happy to share it with anyone who'll watch it.

Well, it is a really nice hat.

(OP)
She's from a culture where people wear masks for their whole lives, so when she left she completely lacks the ability to make facial expressions beyond awake and asleep, so she keeps wearing masks because it comforts her and to not creep people out.