Who would be the barbarians in a arabian nights setting?

Who would be the barbarians in a arabian nights setting?

The mongols maybe?

Actual barbarians. Or Vikings.

Why not, after all? We're not constrained by real world geography, and so long as not!Arabia has a coastline it can be plundered.

Sand Vikings sound pretty amazing actually.

Have some variant of longboat that can sail in the sand.

The Sea People

The dudes with light armor, heavy weapons, and buff as fuck.

Ye Olde Scandinavians traded around the Mediterranean and possibly a little further so even if using real world historical maps as the setting base it's not outside the realms of possibility.

Depending on how far back you want to go it could just mean "anybody not from my city".

Land yachts?

Bedouins and the miscellaneous "mountain tribes" often get this role, don't they?
If there's a big port city you'd probably get barbary-style pirates

Spaniards if you pay up the muslim aspect.

>the desert wind is so strong that in the open areas it is rumored to have ripped flesh from bones
>animals quickly get exhausted, and nomads and traders use desert gliders to navigate the sands

>No mention of dual-scimitar-wielding whirling dervishes entering into a spinning war-trance from which they do not awake until their enemies are all dead

I am disappointed Veeky Forums

Fremens?

Pagan Not!Afghans

Tuareg

Indians

good barbarians?
perhaps Bedouin or wandering tribes

evil?
mongols probably

all muslims would fit there fighting against the disciplined legions of christendom and conducting mass slaughters of the infidels

Bedouin

There where straight up Vikings in the Varangian Guard, an elite unit in the Byzantine empire.

There were acutal viking raids in the caspian sea in the 9th and 10th century.

bedouins

Barbary corsairs

Everyone

The white man

Just like in real life

Blonde and redheaded, pale-faced wildmen from the North who paint themselves with runes before battle, wear almost no armor, and prefer spears or huge straight swords.

The crusaders - just read what the arabs thought about them and their habits.

The Berberians.

The answer to this is the motherfucking Tuareg. They are a desert tribe from Libya and Mali whose unofficial motto is 'kiss the hand you cannot sever' they have fought for and subsequently betrayed almost all their neighbours. Though nominally Muslim, thier love of music and blasephamous curses invoking the prophet don't make them too popular with the extemists. Their women are unveiled to avoid blood feuds ( you don't want to 'accidentally' sleep with the wrong wife) equally the men wear face coverings to avoid recognition when they raid rivals, friends and neighbours. They have a keen interest in books and literature and regard the written word as sacred. As a consequence, Timbuktu has many rare and priceless books of astonishing age.

Sadly Isis burned many, but due to the selfless action of a few brave souls, many more were saved.

A Tuareg woman, I'm not sure of the facial tat's are like some Kurdish women but theirs often extended across the body depicting a 'tree of life' to promote fertility.

>barbarians
>praising literacy
I think the book burners are the barbarians here.

This

Fucking thank you.

The Arabs.
Those are Iranian stories, shitty translation of the title be damned.

Arabs.

Those fucking Franks.

>these nigs are barbaric raiders
>btw they're totes the good guys (they fight ISIS)

>if you fight evil you cannot be evil yourself

That is pretty much what I'm mocking for thinking.

Hell yes

They also highly value swordsmithing. They're pretty cool all things considered and probably less shitty than most of the people around them even if they still have some questionable social norms, like caste systems, some of them still practicing slavery, and being nominally muslim at all.

I know that you want to have a weird smug sense of superiority even though you've probably never heard of these people until now and don't know anything relevant, but he never said such a thing at all.

That was 100% the tone he was going for. People who worship barbarians for their supposed rugged individualism...they make me sick.

The first time I heard about the Tuareg was when they rebelled, in 2012.

The Fremen.

Russians.

Not him but the first time I heard about them was when Brendan Frasier mentions them in the first Mummy movie.

Damn. I guess that was the first time I heard about them then. But I was too young and puny.

where? any link?

Why the butthurt user, you sound like a real charmer at parties. No one said they were good, just that they were interesting and different and have a long history. OP wanted barbarian raiders, that is literally what they are. They fought ISIS, because they fight everyone. They rebelled as well, because they betray everyone and make poor decisions. If you judge them by western standard of course they sound like arseholes,

They are a bunch of warrior nomads. You seem to be flustered that someone is interested in something you don't like.

>Who would be the barbarians in a arabian nights setting?

Arabs.

>you've probably never heard of these people until now
Not him, but I've ran into them a few times.

this image would be better if LIBERAL BULLSHIT was in the middle and the bottom was just 'but ok'

then make it yourself

Algerian here, whatever remains from Tuareg culture is the cancer that makes us Maghrebis the cheating, untrustworhty, filthy people we still are. Seriously, try to live in Libya. You won't last a month.

Bedouins and other nomadic or semi-nomadic peoples

T.E. Lawrence. aka white people

>barbarians
The guys coming in from the west with an outdated religion claiming they own the place.

Everyone.

Your mint tea is fucking liquid crack tho. That's some good shit.

bump

Actual arabs

So jews then.

why are you posting with my old arab mod?

Bedouin raiders

Didn't Crusaders practice cannibalism? That sounds barbaric.

They are alleged to, but usually during a siege when they were starved out.

One of the more amusing things on Crusader Cannibalism I've heard is that Richard the Lionheart ate Saracen.
Specifically, he ate curried Saracen. Truly, curry is an age-old English tradition.

This. From the perspective of the arabs, crusading Franks and Normans slaughtering everything while crying to their infidel god would be pretty barbaric.

Muslims, just like in real life.

From what I've heard a curry wouldn't be a bad way to eat someone, although the meat may be a bit too tough so you would want to have a much thicker curry so that toughness is less noticable.

Because no Muslim has ever done that before.

funnily enough there is evidence of the vikings trading things as far east as afghanistan...so its not that unlikely. those niggas got around...if they couldnt get there by boat they would drag the boat over land to the next river.

>local barbarians
Bedouins, Berbers/Tauregs

>invading barbarians/"orcs"
Mongols/Turks, Franks, Vikings

>These anons don't know 'but ok' leftbook groups
>They think they are referring to the same liberals that the image is referring to
I'd say we've come full circle, but that would imply we've ended up in the same place before. It's more like we're spiraling downwards into hell.

A good third of Israelis aren't even Jewish lel. They're just LARPing Slavs.