Dark Eldar/Drukari thread

What's up with your Kabal? You collecting imperial or chaos scalps? What type of Lore do you have for your dudes? Any group breaking lists to brag about?

As far as functional lists, all I have to say is mandrakes. Fucking mandrakes have given me more for my points than any other unit. Those and voidraven bombers have been the MvPs of my army.

Damn son I need some of them I jumped the gun and bought incubi. Since I figured they would sell out and mandrakes would take forever to come back... they got listed the next day.

Gonna drop some more art while the thread gets warmed up.

Love my Hellions this edition 5 man squads have been disintegrated though. Do you just do ten man squads or split it and let the one that dosent get deleted for vengeance?

Deep strike, a ten man unit has 20 shots at s4 ap-1, -1 to hit when targeted in melee or ranged, 31 attacks in melee at s4. Unlike wracks or all your splinter weapons they wound most vehicles on a 5+ while doing mortal wounds on a 6 in ranged. Also don't forget the 8" move, 5+ invuln, and everything for power from pain.

Yeah that sounds pretty fucking nice. I'll have to get some as soon as I can. Also I like that it one of the few units that don't need a paper mache boat to ride in.

Exactly, sure you miss out on a dark lance but you spend about the same as you would on ten kabalites in a raider without special weapons and get a lot more on average. Also about the same as a voidraven with missiles, or a five-man unit of trueborn with four blasters in a venom with base weapons.

I like it thanks for the analysis fellow Archon!

my archon was trueborn from lelith and an archon she was in the employee of. when the child was born she left it with the archon as she had no need for a burden. 4 days latter the archon decided to torture and kill the baby in front of his kabal. Not long after lelith burst into his palace slaughtering the house and taking the baby away. he was raised with the wyches of the cult of strife, until he became of age (lots of ss went on I assure you). when the archon was old enough as all dark eldar do he desired power and in the wyche cults that's not a thing males can do. lelith set him up with asdrubael vect as one of his archons. my archon works for vect now with one of lilith's succubus's watching over the archon to watch for any treachery towards his mother. (or maybe she wikes himmm dawwww). however recently with lilith joining the ynnari in thier quest my archon feels upset with his cult of strife allies gone his forces are diminished and vectors kabal wich he is a part of want the ynnari dead. after this im unsure what he will do lore wise join up and betray the black heart or remain and hunt them down with vect.

Okay that thing looks 1:1 like Jabba's barge from Star Wars VI. They didn't even attempt to make it look different

Who dosent want a Janna barge!?

Uhhhh

what?

Good on you for trying to vanquish the Yannari! Traitorous witches they are.

Rules for Kabalites in shadow war here!

Something funny happened on the way to Konor.

>yep thats me. you might be wondering how I got into this mess~

Archons a shit, I also take nine wracks with a haemonculus in a raider as my warlord, it lets me move him where I want him and keep him safe until I find a nice unit to charge into.

Current preferred 2k point setup is a vanguard detachment with said Haemonculus/wracks setup, Three units of ten mandrakes, three units of blaster trueborn in venoms, two voidraven bombers with missiles, and a ravager. Alpha strike, bitch. Thin out infantry with bombs and venom guns, thin out tougher infantry with mandrake shooting, use the blasters where needed, ravager and voidraven using the actual weapons as tank busters, then charge in at the scattered remnants turn 2.

Why would they fight tyranids? They don't have souls to feast on do they?

They lock them up in fighting arenas for sport. Think they even breed more powerful ones for the lulz.Also Nids always have a chance of dropping in on a raid and fucking everything up.

Vinnie, go home.

Vinnie is a little bitch!

Hello,fellow Commoraghians! I, a Dark Eldar member of a prominent Syren Cult, would like to better defend myself against futile (but valiant) human attacks. Let's say a xeno Inquisition squad (let by a dashing Inquisitor) will attack us in Armageddon during a raid. Which weaponry and equipment would such ugly (but brave) humans would need to have to utterly and completely decimate my Dark Eldar Wych squad? Firearms, melee weapons, armours, any information in how these gross (but great) humans can destroy us completely without us having a chance to fight back.

You know, just so we, Dark Eldars, can better defend ourselves against such hypothetical (but very real, very imminent) threat to our very existence.

Only when his precious deldar get smoked by Ravenwing.

Wyches are susceptible to bouts of illness by the sight of naked humans wielding combat knives. Also the battle cry "Mandrakes a shit shiiiit." In dim lit areas strikes fear into their hearts.

Can I ask some lore questions?

1) how did decapitator get the Mandrake realm into Commoragh? Wikis are all unclear except he did it by collecting skulls

2) Any updates on Lady Malys since the gate cracked? Last I heard she was in an open turf war with Vect

Trying to figure out a color scheme for my kabal that hasn't been done. I'm tempted to give them the whole rainbow.

I think silver and metallic blue would work great

1. During a huge dysjunction caused by an asshole Archon Succubus another Archon. All influenced by different chaos gods the mandrakes made an incursion into Cammoragh because of the warp fuckery caused by the dysjunction. The skull taker got his last few skulls for his collection and burned a hole in reality where the shadow realm is now open all the time in the lower parts of the dark city.
2. Last I saw of her she was fighting a solitaire to a stalemate 1v1 style and was still cool with Vect.

Maybe. Their old color scheme was yellow, and while I still don't think any canon DEldar go for yellow, I'm not sure if it's a good fit for my dudes.

Thanks, that helps, although I still don't get how a complete skull collection manages to do that.
Malys and Harlequins again, Im really starting to buy into that Cegorach possession angle

All of them were arranged in a way where the souls inside of them stared at the same weak spot in reality until it finally came apart.

Somehow this gets funnier the more I learn

>What's up with your Kabal?
Not fully fleshed out yet, but basically it's the kabal Deldar join when they fail out of other kabals and want revenge.

This conversion of him is pretty neat though!
Aww shit we Bregan D'aerthe now boys! I'm actually sort of mad I never though of that.

>Flak detonating next to Deldar vehicles
>Haven't exploded yet

Unrealistic as fuck.

Dark Eldar have the best art.

Pfft we 10 wounds 5T now baby!

I actually prefer Drukhari to the very bland 'dark eldar'

Reavers or Hellions. Or both?

Both reavers tie lead the charge then hellions can hit and run charge and shoot secondary targets.

Reavers charge in and tie them up***

We'll tell us about your dudes and we shall suss out a good color for them that ain't established yet!

The Kabal of the Naked Eye. They operate chiefly as information brokers, and are big on spying on the people of the materium (selling the locations of good raiding spots, enemy weaknesses, and other "exciting business opportunities"). I'm not sure how the 8th Edition shakeup might affect them, but I'm not going to worry about it right now.

Doodling their archon now. Might post that if this thread is up by the time I'm done.

Sounds pretty neat good to see someone making a nice bit of lore for their dudes! Anyone cornered the market on a midnight blue scheme with yellow or gold trim?

I want my Deldar kabalites to have a sublte red tint to their armor. The armor is sprayed Chaos Black. Any tips/trick on how to make this work?

How does one DE + Harlies?

Or should I just collect and play them separately?

Usually a first base coat of some sort of tan or brown over chaos black. It helps the lighter colors actually show up.

The official army would be Yannari. But they are traitors to their race. Dark eldar don't have psykers so shadowseers are nice Then Death jesters are cool for sniping and clearing up infantry . Troupes are kinda just better wyches.

>Kabal rules by successive clones of the original Archon.
>current clone prince" is Alirekh VIII, 428th successor
>due to a fault in the cloning process, Alirekh has a wasting disease in his blood
>he gets medicine from the Haemonculus commissioned to clone him, but in exchange must provide information about the Kabal
>over the years concocts a plot to depose the old Archon
>in the weeks approaching the hour of his rise, he discovers that the Haemonculus engineered him to have this blood disease on purpose
>decides this cannot stand
>takes his most "loyal" trueborn with him to a crone world in the eye of terror to get a spirit stone
>goes to the Haemonculus' lab, kills him and binds his soul to the stone before putting it in the hilt of a huskblade
>uses the same sword to kill the current Archon
>takes control of the Kabal, but now has to siphon twice as much soul energy to keep the Haemonculus soul from draining while also dealing with it whispering to him

Unsubtle and needs tweaking, but I'm purchasing some deldar from a friend and I wanted to make something at least.

The Black Omen Kabal. Their Archon has embraced a pseudo mysticism to play on pre fall superstitions and generally mess with his rivals and would be assassins. Makes a point of capturing and corrupting Craftworld eldar who account for about a third of the rank and file within the Kabal. They have little to do with the Haemonculus covens beyond the necessary regeneration pacts. Somewhat bemused by the fact that Wytch cults stopped carrying haywire grenades for some reason.

That's pretty close to the color scheme I'm using. It looks great, go for it user!

Sounds pretty dope! What type of stuff will you be getting from him?

Hopefully the wyches read their new codex and decide to grab those grenades again senpai.

He has two kabalite squads, a reaver and some hellions, but he thinks he might keep the hellions. I'm also looking into getting the Gangs of Commoragh game, do you know if it's any fun?

please tell me someone gets the reference

Yeah bruh Michal Moorcock smiles upon you. Yeah gangs is cool and nets you lots of fast attack along with a rule set for X-wing light. Godspeed newly minted Elric Archon!

Got a 75PL game tomorrow for a campaign against IG. The mission is a bunker assault. How does this list look?

>Battalion

>HQ
Archon w/Blast Pistol and Huskblade
Succubus /wBlast Pistol and Glaive

>Troop
Kabalites x5 w/Shredder and Phantom
Kabalites x5 w/Shredder and Phantom
Wyches x10 w/Hydra x3, Blast Pistol, and Power sword

>Elites
Trueborn x5 w/Blaster x2 and Lance x2

>Fast
Reavers x3 w/Blaster, Grav, and Agonizer
Hellions x10 w/Stunclaw

>Flier
Voidraven w/Missiles and Lances

>Dedicated Transport
Raider w/Lance and Prow
Raider w/Lance and Prow
Raider w/Lance and Prow
Venom w/Cannons

I also have this. Keep in mind its WYSIWYG, and in only have 4 blasters and 4 lances.

>Vanguard

>HQ
Archon w/Blast Pistol and Huskblade
Succubus /wBlast Pistol and Glaive

>Troop
Kabalites x10 w/Phantom and Cannon

>Elites
Bloodbrides x10 w/Hydra x3, Blast Pistol, and Power sword

>Fast
Reavers x3w/Blaster, Grav, and Agonizer
Hellions x10 w/Stunclaw

>Flier
Voidraven w/Missiles and Lances

>Dedicated Transport
Raider w/Lance and Prow
Raider w/Lance and Prow
Raider w/Lance and Prow
Venom w/Cannons

Ghaaaaat damn yeah I think that you may have him there. I'd love to hear how it turns out. The carnage if he dosent seize is gonna be glorious.

Thanks user. I'm trying to decide what kind of culture his Kabal has in general. What if they're descendants of the Solar Cults that used to control Commorragh's suns?

Hello Arching! I'm planning on getting a tantalum and sculpting a throkne onto the back portion where the driver usually goes. Any of you fine specimens have any good inspiration pics? Deldar Throne doesn't get too great of results in google.

It's a set mission, and as the attacker I go first. No worry about a seize, thankfully. God to hear another opinion on it. I've never faced guard with my Deldar, so I'm worried about enough dakka for conscripts while not giving up AT power for Bunkers.

Which list do you like more?

Look up Dias of destruction breh!
Yeah that sounds pretty cool having a pre fall background is always nice. The silent storm novel released recently actually shows right after the fall!

You've made me want to do something similar with pic related.

I've never used them with shredders myself because of warnings against them. The second list with all the elites though add a whole lot of dakka. Shove those bloodbrides up their ass asap and have the true born skirt the fringes of combat picking them off.

Trying to name a character something foreign-sounding. What works with Dark Eldar? Greek?

The Authors of Agony! A Kabal devoted to crafting perfect tragedies from life with the precious mortals as characters in their tales of bloodshed! Planning on painting them with a scheme exactly like this actually - the idea being that "Authors" would wear armor white as an empty page, with various patterns in inky black.
I dig that - a Kabal which knows enough to cause some damage but that stays its hand just to sell the info for a profit - killer, very nice.
Tis a thing of beauty.

Why do you love those as magnificently black-hearted and cruel as the Deldar?

That's what I'm thinking, too. Brides really have the potential to do a shitload of damage either to Bunkers (any 6+ on the bunker is a mortal wound in melee with a +1 wound strat making it 5+), or just to actual guardsmen with +1S drugs, which I think will outperform +1A

So doing the math on Brides rerolling 1s, +1A and +1S are actually identical against guardsmen causing 9.63 wounds, which goes up to 11.48 on both with PfP +1 hit. Interesting.

Try flipping through path of the dark eldar and figuring out common naming conventions.

Nevermind, I came up with a pun instead

Brilliant now share your pun with the class user.

>romantic bump

Some spelling variation of Aye Kande
Classy lady archon, spymaster with a fetish for monkeigh weapons and technology. Has her own pet servo skulls made from her victims, constantly recording things for her use and/or entertainment. Delights in calling herself a "Keeper of Secrets" to no one else's amusement.

>Aye Kande
I don't get it

This may be heretical even by dark eldar standards... Seems your having fun though user! Nice art too.

Eye candy.

Thanks

Had any matches yet homie?

Not since the shop near me closed down.

Well that fuckin sucks! Guess you can always build lore and share your stuff here champ!

>You collecting imperial or chaos scalps?
Chaos scalps, if imperials win more cattle for the dark city, chaos is no fun that wants to stop our rave party

What do you think will happen to Vect in the 8th edition codex? Last I heard he was trying to contact Yvraine.

>tfw your Phantasm launcher kills a space Marine after 24 splinter shots did nothing

Tamiya or valejo clear red over black?

Got an army waiting to be painted thinking of going with a mythril or bronze color scheme but I'm thinking it'll be too much on the vehicles.

Anyone with a metallic army got any tips on how to handle them?

Highlight the black with red

I've played sisters since 4th with metallic armor. Pic related. The biggest thing to remember is Less is more because I see too many people with thick metallic paint, and metallics don't free you from highlights and shades just because it's shiny. Take the thigh for example. That's based with the darker silver, hit with Nuln just on the edges, and then I put a layer of a brighter silver on top (runefang? I forget the names). Think like an oval shape for the other layer.

Thanks for the tip user I really appreciate it!