EDH/Commander General /edhg/

"Tell Me About Your Spice Blend" Edition

Last Thread: RESOURCES

>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.
tappedout.net

>Another resource for commander discussion; they have an entire forum dedicated to discussing decks. People often make primers, which go into detail about how they built and play their deck.
mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the the internet.
edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.
manabasecrafter.com/

>Veeky Forums EDH General Discord
discord.gg/UE9Vqzu

CARD SEARCH

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface.
magiccards.info/

Thread Question:
Do you really try to look outside the box for cards or are you okay with staples for a given commander/format?

Other urls found in this thread:

gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Search/Default.aspx?name= ["exile target"] [return]||text= ["exile target"] [return]
discord.gg/4f4gz
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/the-scarab-god-yo/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

First for waifus again

>Do you really try to look outside the box for cards or are you okay with staples for a given commander/format?

well i just built my first deck and used top cards on edhrec as a baseline but i added a lot of cards i just like personally. it might be a shit deck but i play mtg to have fun, not to win

is there any cards that blink nonland permanents or is it only for creatures?

>untap up to two target creatures and up to two target lands

Does Nissa, genocide mage see any play in edh?
I mean her -10 seems pretty good

>Do you really try to look outside the box for cards
Well it depends, most of the times no but it might happen that my box of cards falls over, it's not pleasant when it happens

Alosis the Chosen when

Just got Queen Marchesa. Want to make a stax list for her but would be interested in tokens/reanimator as well.

What directions have you guys taken the Queen?

>but it would hurt modern
Most I could think of is this and going 3colors+C, just for a sorcery-speed 4 dmg, doesn't seem worth it

Is this a serious question?

>Thread question
There are staples I always include for consistency or because they're the best at what they do, but I like to do something to make the deck unique.

gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Search/Default.aspx?name= ["exile target"] [return]||text= ["exile target"] [return]

go right ahead

Haha, OP, you seemed to have forgotten the Discord info. Here it is:

Veeky Forums EDH General Discord
discord.gg/4f4gz

Don't beat yourself up about it though. Just try to be less forgetful next time.

I didn't forget it, silly. It's right in the OP.

Pillowfort

Let the plebeians fight it out as entertainment for their queen. But if anyone has the balls to try to take the crown, have enough answers to make them regret it.

she seems good in mono-G or Gx. she's got a high cost with not enough immediate effect for a 3+ colour deck, but you are more likely to be able to get her out early in rampy mono-G or Gx, before anyone has a chance to really fuck her up, plus she untaps your dorks which then become blockers/defenders

seeing skeleton key made me want to build doran when it was first spoiled.

domain works for any lands that have the subtypes, this includes shocks. i don't know the cards that would break, but i know that domain is the main reason for it. maro has said a few times on blogatog.

>discord faggots so intent on getting their server going they are blind to seeing when others post it just so they can be annoying to post their goddamn server
i hate you guys

There doesn't seem to be much in mono blue for that. That's a shame. Spicy shit with white tho

user, the risk of ruining a joke for you that has been used every thread for the paat two months, take a good hard look at the url in this post: It's a shitposter.

Building a janky poorfag Molimo ramp deck. Do I need mana rocks with so much ramp? I think I should include a few because they'll help me to cast green spells to fetch forests. I also have Rites of Flourishing, Howling Mine and Magus of the Vineyard. Will these help my opponents too much?

if you want to untap creatures there are colorless options that will serve you far better. if you want to untap lands Garuuk does it two turns earlier. Her minus ability is pretty much useless. If you play her for your ult you could get better value out of Genesis Wave or drop Primal Surge.

>domain is the main reason for it. maro has said a few times on blogatog.
Absolutely disgusting

mana rocks are always nice, especially if your group runs land destruction.

would i be full or just mildly retarded for playing this?

depends on the prevalence of blue decks in your meta.

i like your style
you don't ned blue decks

Occasionally getting random vanilla creatures isn't amazing.

I prefer carpet of flowers myself.

You still need people to play spells during your turn though.

full, Seedtime is a way more fun blowout and not telegraphed

>banned card
okay

>banned cards

neither of these cards prevent you from playing spells on your turn.. unless they screw with your colour identity?
anyway, painter's banned. rip the dream

Gonna make a Karlov deck

>Discord in the OP
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

>neither of these cards prevent you from playing spells on your turn.

Did I say they did? I mean you still have to goad other people into casting spells specifically on your turn to get any tokens.

ah, fair enough. but then you get a FREE grand abolisher for 4 mana that doesn't prevent your opponents from activating abilities

> Painter's Servant banned
>when I only play with my playgroup where the only banlist is "don't be a dick about it and anything is fine"

congrats on your group breaking up in two months after vehement arguments over what "don't be a dick" means

Ah yes, that objective measure of all things.

What spells that make token copies of creature are actually worth it? Why are so many of them CMC 6? Just like, two more at 4 mana would make this deck so much better.

Anyway, opinions?

I spent four hours last weekend looking through every WBG creature with the words "Sacrifice" and "Creature" in their text box for alternative sac engines in Karador.
Sometimes you've just got to find your own spice.

As if there was any doubt wotc are idiots.

Cackling Counterpart
Dance of Many
Fated Infatuation
Feldon
Kiki
Rite of Replication (costs 6 but repeatable)
Spitting Image
Sundering Growth

that's all I found for clone effects that are worth it

Cool card but Carpet of Flowers is much better.

Twinfalme, since you can target multiple creatures if you have the mana.

If your playgroup allowed him, how would you build him? Throwing in all the good Ixalan dinos plus some stuff from Depala seems like a good idea, but what else could we do to supplement the lack of Dinosaurs right now? Are there any Conspiracy-like effects in Naya to make everything a Transformer?

>sundering growth
populate doesn't count, it gives you a copy of another token you have.
>Rite of Replication (costs 6 but repeatable)
oh i see you're just retarded

the retard who i replied to mentioned a bunch. there's also things like seance, echo chamber, god-pharaoh's gift, soul seperator, twinflame, flamerush rider, mimic-vat

We don't know what all will be errata'd into dinosaurs, so it's hard to say.

I totally would, maybe work with your playgroup to find a more suitable flip trigger?

ALL the velociraptors and imperiosaur

>maybe work with your playgroup to find a more suitable flip trigger?

There are some very simple transformers you could easily use.

There are tons of Transformers that either transform in one-step (via springs/flip-action stuff) or tiny ones that are smaller than a card..

how long till the specfags buy out allosaurus rider again?

There was a buyout?

t3 griselbrand will be tier 1 i saw it on reddit :^)

Can anyone recommend what I should cut, as well as any obvious cards I am missing?

I'd say you're missing around 99

probably sol ring and cyclonic rift

Hey, I dunno if I'm late, but here you go

ultrapro.com/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=commander+2017&search_in_description=1&x=0&y=0

You lack 99 cards, including 30-40 lands

I should add the link

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/the-scarab-god-yo/

>ultrapro.com/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=commander+2017&search_in_description=1&x=0&y=0
There's no actual information here, just the images which we already had.

The fuck is this?

I don't know what we're supposed to get out of this. The art we've known about for a couple weeks is going to be on merchandise? Everybody already knows merchandising is where the money is.

I didn't know we had the images other than the cat and dragon, my bad

We've had 'em for a week now. And not as a leak, they're on Wizard's Commander 2017 page as a banner.

Me on the lower left

Those images came to light a while ago, there hasn't been any real confirmation about what they are but it's pretty easy to figure out one of them is Mardu vampires, people expect the original Markov as the leader. Second one is a complete mystery, but the good money is on U/B/x(?) wizards, clerics, or rogues

SPOILERS WHEN

I don't usually follow this kind of thing regularly, do they ever make announcements alongside the pro tour? That seems like a good time to do it.

it was a hoax from a magazine in the 90s

I'd place the best money on wizards. The art looks very much like some cult bullshit but I highly doubt wotc would be stupid enough to introduce a new creature subset like that.

I feel you, the wait is killing me.

What are some good card draw options for Wort?

It wasn't hoax though. Purple mana was a thing that never went anywhere from development stage unfortunately

3 days before release date so everyone is forced to preorder immediately or risk not getting any, just like last year.

In 2 or 3 weeks

That specific card was a hoax.
Yes, they entertained the idea of making Purple cards for Planar Chaos, but that was some 10 years after the InQuest article featuring was printed.

How much would you pay for a Foil Miscut Darksteel Plate?

60 quadrillion Zimbabwe dollars

So is prowess an evergreen mechanic now?

I will give you an entire miscut dollar for it

An aggressive under the table shoe on footjob

Why didn't they just make more?

my finest silk and spices

Because that would have made them more money and satisfied their customer base.

>not going full Fortress Maximus
Plebs

>tfw your favourite race will pretty much never reappear and become a decent tribal deck

feels fucking bad man.

Cathertic Reunion
Fecundity
Harmonize
Magmatic Insight
Tormenting Voice

those were a challenge to track down

Maybe like $20.

what if its mardu knights instead of vampires?

>Can't even use it in a shitty thriss deck

You'd miss out on a lot of good Bant knights.

I'm gonna play it in my future Gishark Commander and no playgroup will stop me. It is a completely reasonable card that only requires me to have a Grimlock action figure on hand. Anyone who bitches is just that.

As a Commander though, yeah, just Dinosaurs and Vehicles Tribal, I guess.

ya,but then you would miss out on all the black knights.

i thought we get the commanders first though

because wizards cares mostly about investors. pro tour players too, but still lesser so than investors

>just Dinosaurs and Vehicles Tribal, I guess
Are you actually implying that Dinosaurs and Vehicles isn't a badass deck theme?

Yeah, so why bother making a Knights deck at all and face that dilemma instead of making a Vampires deck where it's a whole lot easier to just cut out the Blue ones?

>mfw Ixalan and Kaladesh in standard at the same time

Seems I got all the good ones a Bant deck can run.

Oh well.