Jumpchain CYOA Thread #1642: Hitchhiker's Guide To The Multiverse Edition

>Google Drive
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

d20srd.org/srd/psionic/powers/timelessBody.htm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Got any spells that can bring people back from old age? Not necromancy, real resurrection.

Sims alchemy/culinary

Go Healer in the D&D jump. Rez magic, and one free True Rez rez per week when you hit level 20.

A little late to the thread, but I love it. I've been feeling insecure with my Kars like hair, it didn't feel luscious enough to me.

D&D's rez spells don't work if the death is due to old age. Not even True Rez.

On the other hand, very few old people actually die of old age, it's usually due to age-related complications like cancer, stroke, etc..

Every time I'm about to start my chain some new jump or update gets announced I put it on hold. I've been here for almost a year and I'm wondering if it'll ever happen.

I am uncertain if these will work but it doesn't say they will not in jump. Overlord the anime's divine magic could probably do it since the magic there is ridiculous.
Another one that would probably let you do it is Magika. It's just a very easy Rez.
Barring that there are ways to work around the restriction. Anima has Elan of the goddess of hope that lets them transfer souls in to new bodies if they are a good enough Elan. There are several places like Eclipse phase that will let you create bodies without souls. It's not exactly a spell but it will work.

Jumpers, what was your first kiss like?

Provided you have the body and it's been less than a week, the druid spell Reincarnate (or the Wish spell to substitute) can accomplish it.

Actually, while D&D's Reincarnate does give people a new, young adult body, if the death was from old it doesn't work.

So if you're a munchkin, you kill the old geezer before they can kick the bucket naturally.

Completely unexpected.

Chick Tracts has a perk that let's you rez a dude who's been dead up to four years once a year regardless of how they died IIRC.

I don't recall there being an old age clause on Reincarnate.
If there is, then my mistake.

All of that being said... My recommendation would be to revive the old geezer as an undead, then use True Ressurection.

He'd still be an old geezer. Assuming he didn't die of old age, otherwise you can't rez him at all.

And Reincarnate has the old age clause in 3.5, but not in PF.

Messy. I was a cranial parasyte and instinct is just so hard to ignore

Why on earth are you waiting? We get a new jump roughly every second day or so (less, usually).

Like any other, I guess.

user, we've talked about this. Waifus are friends, not food.

Does it count if it was before I started jumping?

It was nothing really that amazing or special,like most people were lucky enough to have. I made out with a random Drunk girl at a Bit Shifter concert.

Overwhelming and kind of bizarre feeling to be quite honest, but I got used to it.

Changelog for the new version

Spelling mistakes fixed
Note that being a World Devil removes immunity to Materialised weapons
Changed Imaginary Reality, only works with powers that work in other worlds. Imagination stuff doesn't fit the series
Family clones do not get Recoil
Devilish Constituion clarified
Ended up leaving The Light as a 600 due to it's power boost nature and instead made that boost clearer.

Unexpected. Entertaining. Addicting. Apparently I'm a natural kisser. Also is it bad that we were more involved BEFORE kissing happened?

>Powers that only work in other worlds now function in the real world as normal for you
Does the inverse apply as well?

Mhm. Powers that work in your original reality will work in other worlds.

Well that still does work for Dream Demon. . .

If it still does, good for you. I only changed it because the example reminded me that 'imagination' was a poor way to describe how it's reflected in series.

>Sekai Oni's King
>Soul Eater's Madness Wavelength
>Zendikar's Drop-In perk line
>Webmage's Chaos Power

Do we have anything else that makes you a walking cancer for reality?

Not quite to the same degree, but Kingdom Heart's Heartless has some.

Jump 3: Young Justice
Origin: Vigilante
Race: Human
Perks:
* Souvenir
* Acrobat
* Practice Make Perfect (900)
* Yoink (750)
* Gadgeeter (600)
* Rolling With The Punches (300)
Super Powers:
* Most Common Superpower
* Required Secondary Powers
* Chlorokinesise (0)
Companions:
* Import: Mina Ashido (-100)
Items:
* Costume
* Light Armor
* Bulletproof Cape
* Utility Belt
* Expertly Crafted Weapon (a rod)
* Wingsuit (50)
* HUD (-150)
* Vehicle (-300)
Drawbacks:
* No Killing Rule (-200)
* Never a Dull Moment (0)

Mina's Build
Origin: Superhuman (100)
Perks:
* Souvenir
* Know His Own Strength
Superpowers:
* Animal Transformation (250)
* Flight (150)
* Shrinking (0)
Items:
* Costume

Well, I don't actually know much about this show, qo I guess I'll just go with the flow. Mina sure have fun with her new powers, tough.

You could always go Touched in Captain SNES.

Life is but a dream, after all.

Would both Light and King make us that same happy go lucky pig guy who cared only for his own entertainment?

Oh. I remember being tempted to make a jump out of this. But I couldn't really figure how to make the origins.

Good to see that you made it! Keep up the awesome work!

>Ended up leaving The Light as a 600 due to it's power boost nature and instead made that boost clearer.
Val literally the devil, wants The Light to be unaffordable as part of nefarious plot, news at 11.

>no Toggles
rethink this

Is there anything special to the Imprisoned drawback that would stop a Jumper from just teleporting out of there or blowing up the whole place?

Lord no. King alone would make it more likely, though only if you just give in, since it's directly taking his unique ability and giving it to you, albeit without all his build up and the pre gathered misery he got boosted with.

The King is easily the most fun character in the series.

Yeah, was originally going to do Alice/World Devil/Cheshire but since everyone was an Alice in the end, decided to just follow the Bloodborne format.

Gotta pay out the nose for happiness.

Not really.

Hmm... Introduce The King to the GoD? What could possibly go wrong...

GoD?

The only thing I know of which fits that acronym is the Games of Divinity.

What's your favorite writefagging to read?

Huh so this isn't meant to imply power-loss?

>but you are otherwise just another prisoner

Oh.

Why on earth would that lose your powers? No, it's just saying you aren't locked in some max security prison cell with minimum bare necessities.

This King guy certainly has style, if nothing else.

>Gotta pay out the nose for happiness.

Ladies and gentlemen, we can now buy happiness.

He's a fancy mother fucker to be sure.

Wow that ending was. . . strange.

Remember kids, the moral of the story is everyone else's life is worthless compared to the happiness of you and your loved ones.

Though most jumpers are already well acquainted with that moral.

Fuck the world. party on your with bros.

Hey Val, how long would it take for King to develop to the point where you could use it on a global scale?

Probably a few centuries at least. King in canon was focused around a gigantic megastructure but was still a lot smaller then the world and it took him a while even with a big initial boost.

So, how do we account how many Life Points we would have when we enter the Jump if this isn't our first jump? What abilities would fuel the Darkness or the Light?

Gotcha, thanks. I'm just imagining how awesome it would be to use it in a jump like 1984, and then use that power to obliterate the three superpowers. It seems fitting to destroy them with the same things that have been keeping them in power for so long: misery, hate, and fear.

Like it explains in the Life Point perk, it's judged primarily by the strength of your emotions, beliefs and such, with lots of negative or positive feelings enhancing it and willpower/determination also plays a small part in increasing your amount. So having stuff that increases that would obviously increase your LP. How much you'd have is kind of up to fanwank, given the series never uses hard numbers past the 1000 point base line.

Those are pretty much the only things that would increase LP, since it's not life energy in the way chakra or ki is.

If this can have a jump, would a Bokurano jump be possible or a Gauntlet would be more suited?

But what if your bro is the world?

Then you fuck your bro, duh.

There's a version of pic related out there that has DIO and ZA WARUDO instead, and it would fit perfectly for this, but I can't find it. So I'll just post the regular image, and let you imagine it instead.

If you were immune to temporal hazards, would making the future allow you to 'jump' into the past since it destroys the present and the future?

Lots of things that would normally be difficult to make into jumps can be made possible if you're willing to play with the format a bit and put in some extra work.

Just cause you're working with less then four origins doesn't mean you only need to do the work of one or two, usually it means you need to do at least as much as you normally would even still.

There's plenty of other jumps that try different things. I think Yoro's Katawa Shoujo is a great example of how a jump can handle a setting otherwise not too friendly to the jump format.

As for Gauntlets...for me, I find what most determines the Gauntlet situation is a combination between content and power level. SO is thematically perfect for a gauntlet but there's tonnes of cool things and powers, the actual characters use quite a lot of power (To varying levels) and it's the sort of setting where a lot of people are going to want to fix things. So I decided not to, whereas Distant Sky had a lot less content and it's power was generally limited to the humanly possible level. Going in with nothing means you can be roughly equal to much of the cast even if you spend your points frivolously. It's also a place where death is something that happens or potentially happens to many of the cast members, whereas SO is surprisingly light on Main Character deaths.

Pretty much comes down to what you feel it fits best with and what you can work out with your skills. Hell, maybe you think it might fit best as a gauntlet but have so many cool ideas that you can't not make it a normal jump.

This one?

Making the future? I assume you're referring to the Cube explosion since nothing else makes sense. But no, that wouldn't work. The Cube destroys all of space time from the present onwards so you'd need to survive the actual explosion too and even if you did, you'd just be left in an empty spot. You could time travel to before the cube exploded if you had the ability though.

That's the one, thanks user.

Isn't that the Anti-Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann?

The cube seems like it was tailored made to be the ultimate middle finger a jumper can give a setting. Sit in warehouse, arm cube, throw out of warehouse, flip off the setting, get drunk until the jump ends.

Being a World Devil would already do the same.

Man, it's been a while since I've read that manga. Never thought someone would make a jump for it. Thanks, Val. Though I still hate that your jumps almost never have 600 CP drawbacks CP Vampirism like that should be illegal.

Only go above 300 when I think it's something deserving of such high levels. I guess I coulda gone "You have the personal attention of the King as his new fave chewtoy" but it feels kinda boring.

Yes but that isn't enough, just killing a universe isn't enough to be the ultimate middle finger (jumpers have been doing that for ages to places like Sonichu). It has to be done causally and with utter contempt for the world in question.

No big project, no hanging around poking holes in reality, just lock some shit head who annoyed you in the cube, head into the warehouse and crack open a beer from Dresden.

>not now, Death, I'm painting

Yeah, I can definitely understand it. Usually drawbacks that sic the BBEG on you are kinda boring. Still, being the King's chewtoy would be kinda fun, I think. I love that guy.

Rolled 2 (1d8)

Rolling for next jump.
1. Batman: The Animated Series
2. The Incredibles
3. Teen Titans
4. Duel Monster - The Heroes
5. Marvel
6. The Avengers - Earth's Mightiest Heroes
7. Worm
8. City of Heroes

Also, I'm rereading the manga right now, and I kinda think that Life at Home should give some more CP. It's definitely a worse drawback than Imprisoned imo.

I don't think so. It's certainly nasty but you can run away. Not easy but it is possible to survive away form your home.

Okay, I need another superhero jump to replace The Incredibles in the roll list.

How well protected would I be if I combined Timeless Body with that Gaul capstone in Asterix?

Showa Kamen Rider Part 1.

Why no answer

Eh, guess it's just my opinion. At least the drawback gives you some guilt-free Reserve Tanks. I guess if you take it with Imprisoned, it's the wardens are other prisoners that are shitty people?

>Timeless Body
What jump?

Why why no answer?

Can we use the mask to mate, create children at full power and then retrieve only the original masks? Or if we retrieve the originals the rest disappear?

Your shitty family will be in there with you.

d20srd.org/srd/psionic/powers/timelessBody.htm

DnD Psionic ability

The masks have to be active for all the clones to be out. That said, your own power will replenish over time even if you invested all of it into them.

>After you got imprisoned, your shitty family comitted crimes on purpose in order to continue on torturing you
This is hilarious desu.

it's like a really shitty version of Prison Break, without the Break.

Hey Quack,
If you're on you might want to change the upload folder you put Miyuki-chan in Wonderland and the Mogeko Castle Gauntlet in. They're currently sitting next to some Hentai Jumps

They might be assholes, but at least they are dedicated to you. I guess they are acceptable targets for the first recoils, right?

Eh?

Of course. That's what the MC does.

You know the SB drive kept separate lewd and SFW Jumps? He's placed them in the wrong upload folder

Yup, that's actually what happens in the manga. When they find out that it kills their family, the MC happily continues on killing World Devils.

I just had a dream that seems like it's a bit relevant to /jc/.
I was at a shitty parking lot carnival when "The Taco Truck" pulled up. It looked like a regular doof truck that sold tacos. Except if you looked away for any amount of time, and then back, it's appearance changed, sometimes drastically. Also, The Taco Truck didn't just sell tacos - they gave them away. Along with anything else you asked for. ANYTHING. People were asking for immortality, for a million dollars, for their dead loved ones, for cures to cancer and aids (probably, I was too busy thinking about what I should ask for).
Should I ask for something like nano-technology to keep my body healthy? But what if it went grey-goo, or accidentally killed me if I got an MRI or something stupid like that?
Should I ask for immortality? But what if a government discovered my unaging, and decided to cut me up to figure out why?
Should I wish for wealth? The IRS would definitely come after me for that.
I was paralyzed by the wealth of opportunities, and the ways they could go wrong.
In the end, I asked for a cream to remove skin blemishes (I have some moles I want to get rid of) and a way to keep my toe nails from digging into the sides of my toes.

Clearly, I am not cut out to be a jumper.

I think I need to take these drawbacks solely for how amusing I'm finding this.

Could you maybe include a toggle that makes you part of the protag's family? Especially if you take the relevant drawback. I think it'd be neat.

Taken, thanks.

Hm. Maybe. I'll have to think about that one.

Can you tell me what the blue book perk in nier is based on? I have been looking but I can't find any info on it at all in the wiki.

What kind of monsters are there in nier anyway that can be used with this power to get the most from it? I assume gestalts do not bleed as they are soul forms.

Isn't it based on the two main Grimores? Weiss gains new spells as you finish bosses.