Last Thread: >>54575999

Last Thread: RESOURCES

>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.
tappedout.net

>Another resource for commander discussion; they have an entire forum dedicated to discussing decks. People often make primers, which go into detail about how they built and play their deck.
mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the the internet.
edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.
manabasecrafter.com/

CARD SEARCH

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface.
magiccards.info/

Thread Question:
What reprints are you hoping for in c17?

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/UE9Vqzu
podbay.fm/show/580709168/e/1359754800?autostart=1
discord.gg/4f4gz
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Does anyone play EDH on Tabletop Simulator

Based OP.

Not really hoping for reprints. It's tribal shit. Hoping for more Lore figures into cards like Ramos, Taigam, and Wasitroa

i want to but i dont have anyone else to play with and i dont know how to set it up id play with your id you wanted to teach me how to set it up though

Haha, OP, you seemed to have forgotten the Discord info. Here it is:

Veeky Forums EDH General Discord
discord.gg/UE9Vqzu

Don't beat yourself up about it though. Just try to be less forgetful next time.

I had a question about color identity in commanders and the OP image solves it pretty well.

Say I have a mono red commander (Krenko, whatever).

I couldn't also have OP's card in my deck, could I? Because it's technically also a black and white along with red, and if I had IT as my commander I'd be able to also play Black and White cards?

>he's not hoping for shared animosity or mana echoes

anyways, i think a more pertinent question is what do you hope they DON'T reprint in c17. i'm hoping the cat deck doesn't print another copy of jareth, leonine titan. he already had a c15 and ema printings recently. but i could see them doing it, for the kitties.

Yep, the card in the OP is red/black/white.

The color identity of a card is:
>That card's color or colors
>The color of mana symbols in that card's mana costs and rules text
>That card's basic land types

For some examples:
Archanged Avacyn is WR.
Alesha is WBR Identity.
Murmuring Bosk is WBG.

So, you're correct in both your assumptions.

Put the fucking thread title in the subject line. It's not that hard and makes it significantly easier to find. If you're going to make a thread at least do it right.

same

Can I get your guys opinions on this?

The picture that was tweeted out makes it look like there are at least three colors to the final deck, seemingly including Red.

Smart money is on Grixis Wizards or Rogues.

The Vampire one looked tri-color too to me, couldn't make out what they were (I hope Mardu), but it seemed to have three simbols

Dragons got spoiled and everyone thought it was going to be all five-color tribes.
Cats got spoiled and everyone starts thinking it's going to be 5/3/2/1.
Nobody expected Cats, so expecting the thing to follow any sort of pattern at all is a bit pointless. 5/3/2/3 is just as likely.

Anything other than Mardu would be retarded, since the Ixalan spoilers showed White vampires.

That would be perfect for newcomers: get the 3 color vampire deck, go to Ixalian prerelease, trade for vampires and improve the original deck.
Ixalian seems good for improving manabases too, since it includes shit like Dragonskull summit and the likes.

On that note, it'll be a little dumb if the last deck is Rogues, since they made Pirate a creature type instead of just letting pirates be Rogues too.

Leaker confirmed that last tribe is wizards

If it's not Wizards, I'll bet on Clerics, for the same reasons.

Was that guy confirmed to be the leaker? He also said "I have still have a picture of her on my phone" and then didn't post the picture, so that comes across about as well as "I have a girlfriend from another school".

That claim was untrustworthy at best. There's no reason to believe that he's the original leaker or that he's telling the truth.

Dragons with random human and spirit support
Vampire Knights
Cats
Cleric Humans

Even if he was a phony, odds are high that it's wizards. Clerics haven't got tribal support in 15 years, and rogues had like 2 tribal cards 10 years ago and that's it.

Wizards are a supported tribe, but the actual shit the tribal wizards do is very non-traditional (eg, there are no +1/+1 to all wizard Lords, and most of the wizard Lords give wizards a tap ability, which means they aren't synergistic at all)

>rogues had like 2 tribal cards 10 years ago and that's it

Rogues have an entire tribal mechanic.

Cats weren't particularly supported as a tribe either. Their only lord was Raksha until Amonkhet.

They haven't done a dedicated tribal set in a long time. Afaik Lorwyn was the most recent one and it had clerics as a tribe. Wizards get printed more often but wizards' tribal-matters cards like Riptide Laboratory are almost all pretty old too. Rare exception for Dolcent of Perfection, which is a one-off design.

The plate armor kind of gives it away that it's not gonna be wizards. It might be soldiers however.

>They haven't done a dedicated tribal set in a long time. Afaik Lorwyn was the most recent one

Innistrad was a tribal set, and even Shadows was, to some extent. They're not doing Tribal as a card type anymore, but that doesn't preclude sets from being "Tribal".

>It might be soldiers however.

Are you fuckin serious, m8?

Nope xdddd

Innistrad had some lords and cards that cared about tribes but it wasn't a tribal block the way that Lorwyn and Onslaught were. Innistrad is only a little more tribal than other sets, closer to Mercadian Masques which only had Mercenaries/Rebels tribal. Innistrad has zombies/vampires/humans. Alpha had type-matters cards like Lord of Atlantis but it wasn't a tribal block. A much larger proportion of the cards in Lorwyn/Onslaught care about tribes.

>Innistrad has zombies/vampires/humans.

Innistrad has Zombies, Vampires, Humans, Spirits, and Werewolves. Early drafts of the block literally used the Tribal card type.

What's your favourite commander who just isn't good enough?

>tfw combo heavy meta

>Leaker confirmed that last tribe is wizards
>doesn't look like a wizard at all

Looks more like some kind of weird human with cracks

Innistrad had tribal themes pushed for limited and standard but it wasn't a tribal seylt. Not even close to Onslaught and Lorwyn.

Source: Maro himself states this on his podcast on numerous episodes about Innistrad, Onslaught, Tribal Sets, and Top-Down Design.

I play him anyway but needing to run 25+ instants to get value from him really chokes down on your wincons. You just can't make him monoblack goodstuff which seems to be the only way to build black decks if you aren't combo. It's a weird voltron/steal your creatures I kill deck that folds hard with Toshi hate.

The hero we need. Not the hero we deserve.

I use him regardless. Absolute favorite legend.

I hope they reprint the staples in green blue and white that are 10$+

Toshi folds to hexproof/shroud, which is why you shouldn't center it solely around voltron.

This is getting autistic. Wait till the last thread dies before you make a new one holy shit. The fact that both commander threads are being updated at the same time is baffling. We know you have a hate boner for the Discord anons but you're becoming worse by wasting board space for no reason. It doesn't help that you forgot the fucking subject line- How new are you? Let someone who knows how the board works make the threads in the future.

And then they toned down the tribal elements.

I think you'd have to be pretty picky to say Innistrad wasn't a tribal block. Sure, not as tribal as Lorwyn, but definitely still tribal.

I have a monoblack deck and I'd like a way to deal with troublesome low cmc hate/stax artifacts. What is some spicy tech for this purpose that's not too narrow? I'm rather creature light, so Gate to Phyrexia is out of the question. Did anybody put pic related to good use?

Scales gets gummed up by tokens. Disk is, of course, a classic: damn the collateral damage, when you're behind it's worth it.

steel hellkite

*mills you*

What are your stances on custom commanders /edhg/?

Of the 623 cards in Onslaught block, roughly 189 mention Elves, Beasts, Birds, Clerics, Dragons, Soldiers, Wizards, Zombies, or the words "Creature Type". That's tribal effects on roughly 30% of the set.

Of the 897 cards in Lorwyn/Shadowmoor blocks, roughly 234 of them mention Elementals, Elves, Giants, Goblins, Faerie, Kithkin, Merfolk, Rogues, or Treefolk or the words "Creature Type". That's tribal effects on roughly 26% of the set.

Of the 674 cards in Innistrad, roughly 138 of them mention Angels, Humans, Demons, Spirits, Vampires, Werewolves, or Zombies. That's tribal effects on roughly 20% of the set.

Innistrad's not "that" far behind, really.

Too much hassle. If you were to make a card that was perfectly fair or even overcosted and then win with it, someone is going to complain it should cost 1 or 2 more mana every single time.

Imagine if Kaalia were a custom commander. Everyone that sees it would tell you to fuck right off, .

WotC makes a lot of mistakes, but at least when they do, the mistake is said and done. It can't be argued with outside of banning the card entirely.

either way, Tribal is not the main focus of Innistrad. That's the difference. It is based on the thematic setting first and the setting means monsters. Lorwyn and Onslaught are focused on tribes first, like how Mirrodin and Kaladesh focus on artifacts first.

This is just not true. There are plenty if edict effects every Toshi deck should run. Also not making it voltron is incredibly difficult when between the package for toshi, the land base, needed ramp and draw, you have maybe 12 slots to play with.

Are you that guy who said he had a competitive toshi list and never posted it?

You not counting effects that benefit playing creature types (Steely Resolve is an example) and that punish creature types (Nameless Inversion is an examples). It's literally straight from Maro's mouth that Innistrad was not a tribal set and got a fraction of the tirbal support that Onslaught and Lorwyn did so stop arguing.

I really wish R&D could find a way to standartize Keyword abilities so they didn't have to list every single Keyword his ability applies to

What kind of custom commanders do you have rolling up to your playgroup's table?

i'd only really prefer it to happen if everyone was using custom commanders

We've decide so far that some dude's spider edh is ok and thats about it

This What kind of shit are we dealing with?

see

This tells us nothing about the commander except the creatre type.

Heres a run down of the deck:
Shit puts out spiders
Spider lords
A small subtheme that has him mindcontrol other things and turn them into spiders. he was going for a sisters of stone death feel
Deck is hot garbage but he enjoys it

Pic related its his commander

Yeah, that's pretty terrible. I'd let him have it.

Why not run the actual Spider Commander tho?

Dude says ishkanah isn't a true spider commander
And he's kinda right

I don't follow you.
What doesn't make him a true spider?

>You not counting effects that benefit playing creature types (Steely Resolve is an example) and that punish creature types (Nameless Inversion is an examples)

You notice I did say cards that mention the words "creature type", right?

Ishkanah is terrible and really only works in the most casual of 1v1 EDH scenarios. She's probably worse than Ulrich.

I can't say for my friend but In my opinion she sucks ass as a commander, she doesnt do anything unless you have delirium

I'm specifically looking to deal with Cursed Totem and Damping Matrix, and those shut down Hellkite too.

>a fraction of the tirbal support

The fraction being about 2/3, apparently.

Oh, I'm totally with you then, I thought you were talking flavorwise

No, I'm a random shitter that tried netdecking Toshi and found him really lacking

>It's literally straight from Maro's mouth that Innistrad was not a tribal set and got a fraction of the tirbal support that Onslaught and Lorwyn did so stop arguing.

Could you link to those words?

>activated ability that gets better the more spiders you have
it may cost a lot to activate, and delirium requires a little setup, but who cares? it's commander, you build around that shit. sorry ishkanah isn't another broken commander like the commander products shit out or some lame field pump commander, which is the easiest fucking thing to do. she's at least interesting.

You say that like delirium wouldn't be fuck easy to get in commander, let alone edh. Sure graveyard hate can screw you but thats about it. Id rather play grafwidow than that thing

ya delirium is ez as fuck

pop a fetch, cast a cultivate, drop a sakura tribe elder and it's basically done already

plus all the self mill in golgari that you can take advantage of

I can't link to audio. I listed off the podcasts he talks about tribal support in and what constitutes a "tribal" set.

podbay.fm/show/580709168/e/1359754800?autostart=1

That's probably a good place to start.

>She's at least interesting
Yeah, so interesting that she's the 9th most played golgari commander.

No I didn't actually. Regardless you didn't list all the tribes in Onslaught or Lorwyn.

You either take the spider lord you get or you get none at all

or you make your own

See

I always imagine he's drumming to Tom Sawyer

Are there any other artifacts with high utility like pic related?

Or don't. What's to stop the next player in your group from going home and crafting up some slightly OP commander that they want to use. Once you allow faggotry into your group it'll get out of hand quick. Like user said its a vault that you don't want spergs to have keys to

Which did I miss then?

>whats to stop the next player in your group from going home and crafting up some slightly OP commanders
The other players, just don't let anything extremely broken in

>What's to stop the next player in your group
Your playgroup, idiot. If someone comes to your table and proposes an OP custom commander, you can just say no. It's really not that hard.

Haha, OP, you seemed to have forgotten the Discord info. Here it is:

Veeky Forums EDH General Discord
discord.gg/4f4gz

Don't beat yourself up about it though. Just try to be less forgetful next time.

How long before your playgroup nerfs your custom commander into the ground to keep it "fair"?

That breeds idiocy. Next thing you know someone comes in with a "fair" commander that counters you because you win all the time. Other players get sick of losing and the cycle repeats or people leave

This picture is not called 'I wuw u', you are shirking your duties of inserting your tongue into discordposter's anus.

Fuck off, nobody cares.

It's worse, but hey, it's flexible.

threadly reminder that discordfags are edgy babies

I wan't to go mono white. What commander should i go with? I feel like giving Nahiri a shot

>well youre going to build stupid powerful shit
You have zero evidence of that, and these decks are garbage, made just for casual games
Who the fuck makes a commander just to stop spider

Then you shrug and say "oh well?" That's the risk you run with custom cards. In a casual setting, nobody has to play against your deck if they don't want to, custom or not.

You've typed words but they don't arrange into anything that makes logical sense. I'd try again.