EDH/Commander General /edhg/

Last Thread: RESOURCES

>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.
tappedout.net

>Another resource for commander discussion; they have an entire forum dedicated to discussing decks. People often make primers, which go into detail about how they built and play their deck.
mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the the internet.
edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.
manabasecrafter.com/

CARD SEARCH

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface.
magiccards.info/

Thread Question:
What are your favorite mana rocks?

Other urls found in this thread:

mtggoldfish.com/price/Sealed Product/Commander 2016 Entropic Uprising#paper
mtggoldfish.com/articles/commander-2016-preview-open-hostility-saskia-the-unyielding
mtggoldfish.com/price/Sealed Product/Commander 2016 Stalwart Unity#paper
discord.gg/4f4gz
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/24-07-17-mayael-the-anima/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Thread Question:
What are your favorite mana rocks?
Tangleroot

If I use a wrath effect, do I get to choose the order that cards get sent to the graveyard? Is it the same for Black Sun's Zenith?

No. All the cards are put in their owners graveyards simultaneously.

I mean the physical stacking in the graveyard.

>What are your favorite mana rocks?
Signets. Brewing Mono color for the first time right now, and it's hell.

Talismans are underrated. It's a shame they're only allied.

You chose the order your creatures go to the graveyard in case of simultaneous death.

>What are your favorite mana rocks?

Grim Monolith. It's a perfect card.

>404.3. If an effect or rule puts two or more cards into the same graveyard at the same time, the owner of those cards may arrange them in any order.

You're all set then.

Is this the Ramos from those ramos artifacts?

help senpai

>no Izzet talisman of ingenuity
JUST

Yeah. Fun fact, they're all part of The Legacy.

Corpse Dance here I come.

I don't see why everybody likes signits so much. Sure, they are cheap, but they require an extra mana source to activate, so if you have no lands, or another rock, they are useless.

>B
>G
>U
>W
>R

What the fuck, Karn?

Because they are a cheap mana-fixing rock that adds 2 colours rather than one or the other. Let's you turn any colourless-producing land into what you need to play multicolour cards.

As an aside: it's always a bit annoying that Cluestones are not actually clue subtype. Wouldn't do much mechanically but it triggers my autism.

They predate the Clue subtype.
They're not as liberal with putting new noncreature subtypes on old cards.

What do you think you're casting signets with? Lotus Petals? Simian Spirit Guides? Dark Rituals?

The real problem with them is that they only produce a set pair of mana. I'd love some new signets that function like the lorwyn-shadowmoor filterlands.

Jesus Christ WOTC reprint these things already it's been a fucking decade

>try out Grenzo Doomsday
>second game get Swamp, Ancient Tomb, Vamp Tutor, Dark Ritual
Jesus, I feel dirty.

>new signets that function like the lorwyn-shadowmoor filterlands

WotC barely prints CMC 2 rocks that tap for {C} anymore. You're looking at at least 3 for this.

>yfw the dragon c17 deck comes with all 10 filter lands and you didnt preorder yet

Oh yeah, I'm aware of that. Hence why it mostly just triggers my autism, since they very much are the inspiration for how clues later worked.

standard was a mistake.

>inb4 it just has three of the Odyssey filterlands, Caves of Koilos, and a Dragonskull Summit.

>tfw unironically find myself playing Fractured Powerstone in Kozilek

I've activated the planar die ability in exactly one game, so that was nice.

>khans life lands, guildgates, soi/emn tap lands and cycling tap lands
Ftfy

You can bet on Haven.
Possibly Crucible too.
Maybe Ancient Ziggurat.

For $30 is it worth buying the yidris, saskiya, or gay king c-16 precons?

Cavern of souls, dragon precon is now $100 Wizardbux

Compare for yourself.
mtggoldfish.com/price/Sealed Product/Commander 2016 Entropic Uprising#paper

mtggoldfish.com/articles/commander-2016-preview-open-hostility-saskia-the-unyielding

mtggoldfish.com/price/Sealed Product/Commander 2016 Stalwart Unity#paper

Saskia has the best value overall, but Yidris has the most expensive single cards. Kings are trash.

That's why it's not happening.

Just imagine if it had any tribal cards at all in the deck
>coat of arms
>door to destinies
>shit even dragon crucible
But it will just be 5c assjank

Door is like a $4-$5 card, so that's entirely possible.
Coat was recently printed in Mind vs. Might, so it could happen but it's not unnecessary.
Assuming you mean Crucible of Fire, I wouldn't want that wasting a rare slot.

What it's actually looking like, from the spoiler, is that they stuffed as many Legendary Dragons as possible in there, so anyone who buys the thing could make like 20 some odd different dragon decks if they wanted.

Haha, OP, you seemed to have forgotten the Discord info. Here it is:

Veeky Forums EDH General Discord
discord.gg/4f4gz

Don't beat yourself up about it though. Just try to be less forgetful next time.

are you finnish? but aside from that, Fractured Powerstone is pretty good. Arguably better than Diamond cycle

All of them are great for parts, but it really depends on what parts you need. Kings have a lot of grouphug, pillowfort, and stax parts. Saskia has plenty of creature-based things and some good lands, and Yidris has a lot of single, high-value cards like Chromatic Lantern, wheels, etc.

It's what a precon built around Scion would look like. Fitting, since Scion's in the deck. I'd actually expect Door or Coat to show up in one of these decks, but only in one of them because fuck you preorder them all.

There's a Crucible thrown in.

these lands are way too expensive and this is the only instance where I feel like fetch lands need to be reprinted until they come down in cost, they're an absolute staple its heinous printing them in rare. Ive probably spent 1k on fetch lands already this year

Im particularly salty because I had to get eight more fetches for my mill deck for maximum cheesing at my local tournaments. God bless you Fraying Sanity you beautiful enchant, Duskmantle + Mind Crank jank can just be replaced by Traumatize sideboard for instant faggot supreme wins against particularly scrub decks. Its incredible that mill is so goddamn expensive when it sucked for so long.

Can someone link me a non Zombie Kalitas deck please?

>want to make 5c Ramos +1/+1 goodstuff

I know there's basically nothing to go on, but do people think it'll be worth buying the UrDragon precon just for Ramos and the land base and dropping the rest of the dragons as trade jank?

I just won with a worldslayer after getting my avacyn stolen by corrupted conscience. Never under estimate sfm!

What is the most expensive Card in any of your EDH decks?

beta timetwister

Underground sea

I've started playing BUG, time to end it.

Unlimited Bayou.

Serra's sanctum

I have a hard time justifying it, but it was the only way to make blaxos playable in casual.

>MP $45
>Post-Theros
I mean, I guess it's really only played in Enchantress decks, but...

Huh.

Foil Gaea's Cradle. I remember buying it for under a hundred.

Scalding Tarn.

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/24-07-17-mayael-the-anima/

I recently made some changes to this deck, does anyone have any recommendations of stuff that I'm missing (especially from KLD forward; haven't paid much attention to newer releases).

>get inspiration for a deck
>build the deck
>get bored of it in 10 games
>can't bring yourself to scrap it for other decks because it has so many expensive cards that don't fit in any of your other decks

fuck me

I have a couple mid-tier expensive things but nothing completely outrageous:
>various fetches
>mana crypt
>blightsteel
>phyrexian obliterator
>dirty mike
>all the praetors
>all the eldrazi titans
>demonic tutor
>planeswalker teferi
>gaddock teeg
>OG Linvala
>foil Zur
>foil inquisition of kozilek

The sad part is, most of my fancy things don't even have a deck. I'm just hording them in my unorganized binder, waiting for magical christmasland. I should just build that monoblue artifact deck to use some of the stuff...

Judge foil SotF or Underground Sea, I dunno which one wins out these days.

Survival of the fittest :^)

Yesterday I saw a spanish edition Atraxa at the bottom of a vidya store in the mall for like 35$

Was it worth it? If I go there today it would probably still be there. I have no interest in the deck itself but I can make some $$$ even if it's in spanish, right?

Poorfag here, japanese Oracle of Mul Daya. Got it for like 12$

Generally people don't want european language cards.
That's from my experience at least. Either english, russian, or chink/jap/gook

Urborg or Phyrexian Tower in a mono black reanimator/sac deck?

both

bazaar of baghdad

Looks interesting just for the 5c identity, does this combo with anything?

Activates Door to Nothingness

You could probably fit in enough graft/+1/+1 to go T5 Door to Nothingness T6 Ramos kill someone

In my experience italian and spanish cards are bottom of the totem pole. Usually german cards are more sought after than english ones

Judge foil Sword of Feast and Famine

The Dark Blood Moon

Spanish cards are cheap as fuck but my autism keeps me from buying them. Germans are fucking jews and want ridiculus prices.

Post pet cards

post deck? always looking to better my mill deck

I'd put in an archetype of endurance, makes everything pretty resilient and can be cheated out with mayael, as well as stonehoof chieftain from C16

I don't mean german sellers, but cards in german language. It's about the print runs and slightly more exotic language and doesn't have to do with german people at all.

Yes german cards are slightly more expensive but i dont get why someone wants to buy cards in a language they cant read for even more money.

Mishra's Workshop, in my Mishra deck.

how would you make this card good?

Jank is fun

Mine too. I had to cut him in Locust God the other day. I think i might make some sort of Arcanis deck, though. Wizard tribal, Big Blue, or counterspell tribal. Not sure yet.

Does the token counts as creature? If yes its and ez board whipe + armageddon.

Get a lot of Black and Red creatures, of course.

Socratic answer: Is it a creature token?
Real answer: yes.

demonic tutor

Of course the token counts.

How does /edh/ curb the need to make hundreds of orders of janky rares and spicy tech cards?

By being a Modern player first and foremost. I know there are differences between formats, and cards in Modern are not necessarily good in Commander, but card evaluation is extremely important in Commander. Every single card needs to serve a roll, support deck synergy and be as impactful as possible.

>Talisman of Google Chrome

Gaea's Cradle. And I personally think it should be banned.

Staple for Ramos?

Probably. Especially once people realize that they can bounce it and have a ritual for WWUUBBRRGG.
I just don't like that it doesn't do anything on its own. Charms seem like the more fun way to go.

Because of print runs. The card language hardly matters, if you're familiar with the card. Besides, with some cards you're going to need oracle text anyway because of outdated wording, so the language matters even less in those cases. You could ask the same about foils, but everyone wants the hieroglyphic cards anyway, so korean, japanese, chinese and russian cards tend to be expensive.
It doesn't matter if you can read the language or not.

>spicy tech cards don't always serve a role

>hieroglyphic cards
I dont understand this. They are ugly as hell. I would never ever use one of them.
Also to buy cards in foreign language just because there are fewer prints is just retarded.

Is an Eternal Masters box worth it? I have a few of the great cards from it already, but really want the money like a crypt, vampiric, maze etc.

I could just order the money cards though. What's the /edh/ consensus?

it would be cool if the filterland-signets costed 1 generic and 1 hybrid of the two colours it filters, and then it has the exact same filtering (cost included) as the lorwyn lands. it also cannot tap for C. and if wotc are pussies, make them come in tapped.

When you say "worth it", how much is "it"? Are you getting a deal, what's the pricing?

>implying
Half the time, "spicy tech" is code for "janky and cute card that does one, specific thing". Cards in my deck have to fill all three of those checkpoints for me. Also, you're not me and I'm not you. You can play however and with whatever you want to. My methods work for me.

Liliana of the Veil

No, the only spanish card people are interested in is inquisition of kozilek