Why are Dreadnoughts just so cool Veeky Forums?

Why are Dreadnoughts just so cool Veeky Forums?

Cause they are stompy. And the waddle when the walk. Like Ducks. Ducks with Giant Flamethrowers.

Their design is iconic and not that retarded.

They're not cool, they're just ripping off the Dragoons from Starcraft.

Yeah, bunch of ripoff and their everywhere!
Like theirs this book Starship Troopers and it stole everything from Starcraft, just changed Marines to some Mobile Infranty (lol, wtf that even means?).
And this ripoff get's a fucking movie!

Not as bad as Tolkien ripping off just about every single fantasy story in the last 80 years and everyone having the gall to call it original.

they have given everything they have and are to humanity, and are still giving

they are like the giving tree but shooty and killy

Yeah, not to mention those Medieval era hacks just claiming that all those monster and horror movie villains were made up by them and are part of their "original mythology". peh

Because they take genetically engineered supermen who have been broken by war, stick them in box with big guns and a giant power fist and tell them to carry on. It's grimdark and glorious all at once.

Because Dawn of War had such a kickass opening sequence

i have come

Because they are ancient deceased supersoldiers using technology from before history to remain in the fight and assist their comrades quite literally from the grave.
They're a perfect combination of the imperium's relentless bloodlust and repurposing of technology from older, greater civilizations, and the dreadnought itself is a soldier not even given the peace of death, instead made to fight until it rots away entirely, over the course of thousands of years.
TL;DR: They're fucking metal as fuck.

That's why I really prefer casket dreads, and I really dislike dreads with exposed heads, and the more humanoid, "realistic" FW dreads. The classic dread is a walking tombstone, and that's 100% the appeal for me.

Why wasn't Guilliman stuffed into a Dreadnought?

that's going to be ferrus's schtick

1. Combat robots
2. Big, tanky, full of deadly weapons
3. Controlled by distinguished veteran mind
4. Veteran who decided to devotedly serve
5. In a badass, serious and loyal fashion
6. Usually with a voice synthesizer which makes him sound badass too

7. Pretty cool guy and doesn't afraid of anything.

and
sums it all up.
/thread

i bought a ironclad dread two days ago, and managed to get it assembled and (mostly) painted pretty quick and it is now by far my favourite unit in my army

I dunno user, I dunno....

This looks like something the IG would field, funnily enough.

top kek

Dreadnoughts are cool because you get to do a heroic (but probably avoidable) last stand against a horde of enemies, die, then come back to life in an obese gundam.

Walking tanks. Pretty simple

>He doesn't endure

>tell them to
Nope.

They are space marines. The exchange probably goes more like this

>Brother, your body is broken, your time is spent, your watch is over and it is time to sleep the long sleep in the embrace of our God.
FUCK YOU AND FUCK THE BIKE YOU RODE IN ON! LASH ME TO A SLAB AND CUT ME UP LIKE THE LITTLE CUTTY BITCH YOU ARE! STRAP ME INTO A BODY OF CHROME AND IRON, FED BY DRUGS AND SPITE! LET ME LIVE IN AGONY THAT I MIGHT PASS THAT AGONY ON TO SOMEONE MORE DESERVING! MY HANDS ARE BROKEN BUT HANDS ARE FOR HOLDING AND LOVING AND BUILDING AND I CAN NEVER DO THAT SO STRAP CANNON TO MY LEFT ARM AND A CLAW OF STEEL TO MY RIGHT! TAKE MY HEART AND REPLACE IT WITH A FUSION CORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRE AND I WILL BURN LIKE A SUN MADE OUT OF MURDER AND HATE! I will not die here, not today. Not for mercy or pity on your part or for the sake of alleviating your child conscience, not whilst there is getting even to be done.

Why are Dreadnoughts in motion so odd?

Why the fuck is there no boxnaught powersword option for my templars.

>A mere Dreadnought for a Primarch

I'd wager they'd put them into something a little stronger like a Titan.

I always get a sensible chuckle out of how Thule looks waddling in DoW2

My favorite tidbit on dreadnoughts is the Tau blowing open one and finding the marine inside

>Ah geez that was pretty fucking hard to kill I wonder how it wo-
>BY THE GREATER GOOD WHAT THE FUCK. IS THAT A ROTTING CORPSE?!

>It is whispered that the advanced systems of the Redemptor are a curse as well as a blessing. The Martian tech-savants that first built these walking machines of destruction spared little thought to the health of the incumbent, seeing him as little more than another part to be interred or replaced as necessary. Many of those Redemptors that have fought for a sustained period have already had their sarcophagi replaced, their original pilots burned out by the intensity of the machine’s destructive prowess.

I can only imagine a castraferrum being frustrated by how many names a single Redemptor will go by as it changes pilots every time both dreads are awoken.

And then he insults him and useless spits acid on him, scuffing his paintjob before being killed.

It used to be they just had Dreadnaught Power Weapons, which easily could be a sword.

They're not. Dragoons are superior.

Source? Wouldn't mind reading that.

Agreed, my grandfather was one.

Except Starship Troopers was actually good.

His armour's actually pretty close, but being as he's a primarch it's a no expense spared kinda deal, so it's closer to being how he was before - also there was a lot less damage than your usual dreadnought recipient

Bump

>I have awoken, hello Brother George
>It's Jim
>That chassis belonged to George, what happened?
>He's dead, he died in here before Fred, I'm in here now. Jim.
>Who's Fred
>The guy who was in here before Tim.

>Bothering to remember every single expendable joe-schmo they decide to toss into the suicide-naught

No actually Girlyman was straight-up dead. Being in a dreadnaught wouldn't have saved him until the Ynnari showed up to bring him back to life with some kind of Eldar necromancy.

Battlesuits >>> dreadnoughts

There probably actually are Taufags who unironically believe this