GM story thread: 'My players are why I drink' edition

GM story thread: 'My players are why I drink' edition
Either post greentexts or just bitch about specific things your players do.
I'll start: subtly adding dice/modifiers to every fucking roll and thinking I don't notice
I literally talked you through character gen, do you honestly think I can't tell?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=LQsJSqn71Fw
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Well I'll write something in a minute but thought it is good to note that in my party all four of us take turns DMing and as such we keep trying to fuck with the person DMing at the time because they had dicked us over previously and it has gotten to the point where our sessions are just us trying to ruin games.

>playing without problem player who hogs all action
>as a gm try to actively engage players
>guy still wants to do everything himself
>this is really difficult on me since one guy is really quiet and i have to put a lot of effort into engaging him
>guy gone, game is now a 3 people session including me
>second guy does a lot of the work
>engaging the quiet guy is a lot easier
>now have to explain to the attention whore that he has to engage quiet guy

Wish i had social skills

>Run a one shot of Atomic Highway for complete stranger
>They tell me that they had a lot of fun
>One of the player made some sketches or the various event or the game session

It feels good

I would classify myself as a player that likes to engage with NPC.
And sometimes I feel like that I hog all the action,
but everytime I go silent or give the shy guy a chance, crickets fill the room.
Sometimes NPC do stupid things or insult us and if I don't interrupt them nobody will.
I don't want to make the game orbit around me, but nobody shows any initiative whatsoever
and i'm tired of making OOC comments about what they could do.

Even in a fantasy nerds can still be defective socially. Are you playing with autists?

>"let's play on a megaman inspired setting?"
>everyone shits on robots and sci-fi
>I give up
>"let's play on a noir fantasy setting, then"
>everyone agrees
>but that one bitch tries to be an orc, minotaur, ogre and a nanomachine construct
>and she thinks she's right

why the fuck must I be put through this?

I had a player quit my game in the middle of an adventure, claiming the game felt too video game-y for his tastes. The last one-and-a-half gaming sessions didn't include any dice because everyone was roleplaying. Their characters and interacting with NPCs

this guy
I feel you have to directly talk to them ic like 3 times before they wake up and participate in the adventure

Its really hard to play with passive players because it takes so much effort but i think it works after awhile

But yea if they dont respond to your ooc comments properly its obviously even harder

I have a player that makes the most autistic tonal deaf characters.
He's a smart guy but he plays his characters as actual retards.
He once tried to dig a pitfall trap in a city. Like concrete asphalt city. He even put twigs and branches over it IN FULL SINCERITY.

>not allowing ur players to play intellectual female fedora orcs in noire settings
Hows it feel to miss out?

theres nothing wrong with your PC being the main character

Only you can break the cycle user.

Sounds like you don't have enough players around the board, I found out that the passive players don't really want to be apart of the story, they're perfectly fine just participating as a background character or a sidekick, If you don't want to hog all the action you'll need to invite another active player, but you've gotta ask the question "Do they care I'm hogging the limelight?".

That's still better than what one of my groups have descended into, they do everything humanly possible to play as little as possible, It started that they wanted to play a less crunchy system, then rules-lite, then freeform.

It's like some form of autistic where pseudo-nerds can't accept that chads were right that it was fun to "hang out" together. Kill me.

>playing simple fantasy homebrew system, 1d10 + stat vs DC
>4 sessions into campaign
>PCs get ambushed, roll for initiative
>everyone dives for cover, everyone but That Guy
>That Guy starts asking tons of questions about his special abilities
>"Can I use my Light spell to blind an enemy?"
>"Well why aren't there explicit rules that let me do that?"
>"Wouldn't that also do, like, radiant damage to them?"
>"Shouldn't I be able to hit more than one enemy at a time?"
>"What kind of roll would it be to do that?"
>"I didn't know I'd have to use that stat to do that, user."
>"Why didn't you tell me at character creation that I'd have to use that stat to do this thing I want to do?"
>"Actually on that subject, this stat is really underpowered, it barely gives you any bonuses."
>"What do you mean it gives us MP? What's MP?"
>"You mean I've had MP this whole time and didn't know about it?"
>"Okay so now that stat is CLEARLY overpowered. Why is your game so broken user?"
>"Also why can't this ability of mine do five more things? It should be way more powerful."
>"What do you mean 'game balance?' Some options should be better than others."
>That Guy wastes the last 15 minutes of the session asking about rules instead of fighting monsters

I adore constructive criticism but it's incredibly frustrating when it (1) derails the session and wastes valuable play time, and (2) when the person clearly hasn't read the rules. I tried to tell them to write down their thoughts and tell me AFTER the session but another player said he had to run and the group decided to end the session early.

I feel like posting this story again:

(1/2)

>low powerlevel M&M campaign set in the 20s
>one of the players is my gf
>I knew she had played other rpgs before, though I've never played with her, slightly worried
>first session, some rich dudes are being hold hostage by a group of weird pre-hippies
>heroes take care of the situation quickly
>hippies complain about corporations ruining the world and rich people being evil
>suddenly the players decide that obviously that means the hostages are actually the bad guys, so they kidnap all of them
>after interrogating them for a while and getting nowhere they realize this was a bad idea
>all of them except for my gf
>she decides to go full spanish inquisition on the guys
>psychological and physical torture of all sort is applied in many, incredibly creative ways
>the other PC's can't do shit because her superpower is to make people agree with whatever she says, and keeps rolling high numbers, so whenever somebody complains, she just convinces them that this is the right choice
>this goes on for in-game weeks until I improvise another hook for them to follow instead
>she still stays at their headquarters to keep torturing the rich guys when nobody is around, just in case

>second session
>they get on the not!Titanic
>there's some more hippie ecoterrorists onboard
>they subdue them all
>time to get some information
>after getting some answers, everybody seems pleased except her, she keeps insisting there must be more to it
>she convinces the rest of the party to leave her alone with the captured guys
>"I cut the tongue of one of them, cut the dick of another guy and then put the dick on the mouth of the one without a tongue"

(2/2)
>third session
>they're suposed to protect Tesla from the ecoterrorists
>things go haywire and he ends up with 80% of his skin burned
>they all run to the nearest hospital
>once more, she uses her power to be alone with the man
>"I shave him entirely"
>wat
>"yeah, i don't want anybody to recognize him, so I'm shaving all of his hair"
>I make her take a roll on medicine, which she actually has some ranks in
>inform her that with her knowledge she's quite sure shaving a man so burnt is dangerous as fuck and she may end up killing him due to the skin getting peeled off
>"I'm doing it anyways"
>we all keep insisting that it's a terrible idea, I even go out of my way to guarantee her as GM that if she does that, I'm taking her character sheet because she'll become a villain at this point, and I'm not running a villain campaign just for her
>"I'm doing it anyways"

Turns out she was 100% convinced that my mission as the DM was to fuck up with them and make it basically impossible for the PCs to get relevant info and advance the plot, and everything time I was warning her to stop doing some shit clearly meant that she was doing the right thing because I didn't want her to do it

>>"I cut the tongue of one of them, cut the dick of another guy and then put the dick on the mouth of the one without a tongue"

nononono

So did you make her reroll and use her character as a villain later in the campaign?

Fuck this. Did you tell her what your actual job as GM was and that she was very much doing it wrong the whole time?

Or hell, that she wasn't welcome to play anymore? If she's like that at the table that is NOT a woman you want to be in a relationship with anyway.

That could have been an idea, but instead I banned her from the game and that weird torturer heroine was never seen again, much to everybody's joy

Or maybe you do
With an imagination like that she'd be pretty kinky irl

Well thats also a way to resolve that

Funny thing is, she did all of this with the most innocent smile in her face, she honestly did not understand what was wrong with torturing some guys as long as they were the bad guys

I'm marrying her later this year

Lmao
You still playing with her?

>running shadowrun
>crafted an amazing adventure that takes advantage of every player's traits and abilities
> they decline the run
>backuprun.jpeg
>they decline that one too
>backupofthebackup.gif
>declined
> that nights session ended up with them doing mundane shit, which i guess is fine

No, never, under any circumstances

never played shadowrun, why would they decline an adventure?

>tfw your going to have a accident with the lawnmower in the future

>her superpower is to make people agree with her
christ man that red flag had a neon sign and marching band.

> le pcs runaway from blatant plothook meme

I mean, I get where you are coming from but from a third party perspective that is just hillarious.

>playing cthulhu
>design village with dangerous stuff happening
>theres a bunch of factions and lots of things to do
>designing this took me a lot of time and effort
>the players refuse to go in there because "it's too scary"
>they want to go full gta and then drive to new zealand (we were playing on the eastcoast)
>30 minute irl discussion follows
>they play a bit
>they keep triggering me
>tpk with delightful descriptions on how they die

Had a big talk with them about never abandoning an adventure because the world doesn't really exist outside of what i've planned

OOC Ramblings are forbidden at our table to some degree because aside from wasting time this also breaks the immersion HARD.
Also "that guy" you described would probably not be invited to another session we would run.
He seems to not be enough about the Fantasy and the Roleplay and too much about the game.

I blame podcasts for this behaviour, players often don't understand that Critical roll and Acquisitions Inc are entirely scripted and heavily fudged, like nigga I don't have 3 dedicated writers, stick to the play area.

One player who is a great friend and is pretty cool 90% of the time who I've p[layed RPGs with over last 13 or so years.

Will always have one session either earlyish in a new game or every 4-5 months in a larger ongoing game will complete flip his shit and storm off, throw a tantrum and play the victom when literally everyone I've ever played with has read as his character misread the situation and made the wrong call.

Example is during our Mutant campaign when the party came across an exiled group of mutants who were worshipping an obsidian obelisk as a god. He immediately asked them "what the fuck is a god to you? what do you guys even know about it?" to which they excused themselves and fled, everyone understood he was oppenly hostile except for him that says he was playign his character.. and he was. But his character is a chainsaw wielding 6 and a half foot brute who wanders the wasteland killing beasts for money.

If that dude approached me and my family in a camping grounds Id pack them in a car real fucking quick and we would leave.

He throws a bowl of chips across the room, smashing the glass and making a huge mess, screaming how I target hima nd punish him for roleplaying instead of rollplaying etc etc.

I think it comes from he has a few drinks while we play, we all do, but every so often he just blows up, I record sessions and when i listen back i can hear him muttering curses and shit under his breath because the other side of the table the mic hears better than I.

He's a good mate but I think I'm just done playing games with him, hes 38 btw.

>He throws a bowl of chips across the room,
boot.

My job as a GM as a i see it is to design a believeable playing field

The players are kinda obsolete if they don't want to play.
I mean lets be honest if you make a character that "has no reason to be there according to his backstory" or someone who just wants to flee (with players who are complaining why they can't flee and abort the adventure) in some horror scenario then you might as well not be playing

I know a guy just like that, he's a nice, cool guy most of the time but once in a while something goes off in his brain and he completely flips out on the slightest thing, starts screaming, gets unnecessarily violent and then storms off for the rest of the day.

It's really weird because this may happen even if you actually agree with what he's saying. I wonder if it's some sort of known psychological issue?

>autistic gm kills whole party for deviating from the railroad

Learn to prepare for your players to have free will, dumbass.

Hahahaha
This was adorable.

probably dude, I'll admit I've been frustrated during games because of shit that happened during the day, but it's just my tolerance to bullshit or having to repeat myself really puts me on tilt.

Last few times ive just calmly closed my laptop and stacked my books up, explain this as good a place as any to call and I;'ll see you all next week.

We have all known each other for years, with new players coming and going since not everyone can play every game our group runs, but everyone's first time seeing him blow up is always a shitstorm for weeks afterwards

>I wonder if it's some sort of known psychological issue?
They are extremely commonly among people with depression and autism.

>designating a play area where the adventure is played = railroading

its not nice to shit on all the work the gm put into preparing the adventure

they could just stay home and use their imagination and enjoy all that sweet freedom

Srsly, love the amount of "hardass" nerds in here. Learn to improvise and quit being so damn butthurt about a tabletop roleplaying game. Nobody thinks you're cool for arbitrarily shitting on your friends.

Tricky situation. Are you sure your quiet player is unhappy? Nothing wrong with being the quiet one in a group, although if your group is only two players I can understand why that'd be frustrating for you.
youtube.com/watch?v=LQsJSqn71Fw

I really feel bad for some of you DM's

I am a forever DM, but thankfully I only ever play with friends so these problems never occur. We have no-rambling rule and the DM-is-god rule.

Very simple, players can argue a little. What I say is the rule. It's never a problem since none of us are socially inept rules whores and I'm really flexible and purposefully allow the players to be awesome and do cool stuff even if I have to bend the rules/stats/dice behind the scene.

>if you don't have a plan for every single idea a group of people may randomly have, you're railroading
No

I don't think hes unhappy but he just likes being a background character

Which is okay but not opening your mouth for like 10 minutes while i have to converse with just one guy is just annoying
Especially when that one guy doesn't play his characters in a way thats interesting or exciting
>makes a character based on exploding stuff up
>in his backstory he said he was thrown out of his families home because he hurt too many people there
>plays his character as a diplomat
>????

It happens. If it's never happened to you, be thankful, not suspicious that everyone else is making it up because memes.

Usually it happens due to mismatched expectations from the players.

Eh, you've gotta be careful with Colville, his group comprises entirely of upper-class professionals with bright dyed hair if you get what I'm saying.

>Start up Lost Mines of Phandelver on Roll20
>had a group of about four candidates who were perfect
>one drops out before the game starts, one drops right in the first few minutes of the session
>deletes his discord account, his Roll20 account, and character
>o-okay
>other two are still on board
>they think the game is way too empty now and need players to fill
>player brings his friend from college
>she makes up a character and doesn't really roleplay a whole lot
>her character likes to trip on things and caress the inner thighs of characters
>one of the core players says he'll be back from a trip in a few days
>hasn't returned since

I'll readily admit that I'm not the best DM. Played LMoP two times as a player, and now the first time as a DM, but we always fail when we're about to do cool stuff. I believe this is karma for dropping out of an autistic roommate's Star Wars D20 game earlier in the year. If it is karma for every bad thing I've done as a DM up to this point, its probably what I deserve.

Because in Shadowrun, more often than not GM's go a little overboard with the setting concepts, and every adventure is a double-cross where the PC's end up in deep shit. I'm guessing these players were burned by one too many Shadowrun GM's and decided to play it safe.

It's the same way in my group. Even when I try to hang back and play a meme character, I end up acting as party leader + face.

Maybe the guy got I to a really bad accident on his trip. As he lay there bleeding out, his one regret was not being able to let you know he wasn't going to be able to make the next session.

If he's actually dead, I hope he's doing better than whatever lives we're leading down here. He was a good player, and I laid out some story for him for our upcoming session.

>subtly adding dice/modifiers to every fucking roll

I'm not quite that bad, but I do have a bad habit of calling higher than I really got. But I must not overuse it because every single time the GM calls me out thinking I'm rolling too high or doing to much damage it's on the totally legit rolls.

I've never been caught, by our groups forevergm or any of the other players.

To be fair, it's Cthulhu. They were all dead anyway.

>Yfw your character somehow survived a entire campaign + side scenario and only got paranoïa on the litteral last sanity check of the campaign (like if having paranoia was gonna change anything when your above 35% in Mythos)

>marrying the girl who wants to cut dicks off
What the fuck is wrong with you?

>my players prefer being railroaded and perform extremely poorly when I open it up like I prefer.
I feel like a storyteller with children.

This is typical roll20, don't worry about it. I've played 4 different games on Roll20, 2 of which I DM'd, and this is just the biggest issue with the platform. Without physical location, people don't feel as large an obligation to the game and are more easily ready to drop out. Combine that with the number of new players playing for the first time who discover TTRPGS aren't really their thing, and you get the absolutely massive quantity of failed Roll20 campaigns.

Frankly, it's a miracle when a campaign on roll20 lasts more than 5 sessions, in my experience.

>He thinks Life is Strange is a game

Mine is pretty stable, but it probably from the fact we know each other since a long time, but since our geographical localisation are pretty far away from each other, we need to use roll20 to resolve that.

(1/2)

>low powerlevel M&M campaign set in the 20s
>low power level mutants and masterminds
oh boy this takes me back to the first rpg i've ever took part in. i wasn't the GM but the game itself was a ride

>friends suggests we all get together and play dnd
>none of us know shit about dnd, but someone in our group had a setting he was working on for no real purpose and he wanted to run something in it
>all of us were like sure why not
>he was in my class, he explained the setting to me before we played it
>low fantasy setting, tech level some mashup between 1500-1800
>the players were going to play a group of rogueish mercenaries that may or may not have magic power, player characters on average will be slightly a bit powerful than the main character of dishonored; so like it'll take a team of people to do what that guy could
>magic very limited, you can't just play fireball machine and expect that to work
>get to GM's place, he whips out Mutants and Masterminds
>everyone fucking stares at him.
>"we playing superhero DnD?"
>we rolled with it because why not i guess
>mfw he's using his setting in m&m
>puts us at PL8
>one guy found a few funny modifiers and spent all of his points on forcefields and defensive shit
>i took teleport then took a bunch of modifiers for it, including the ability to teleport others
>our stats and skills were probably crazy understated for our power level but we all just were interested in the powers because that's what the book focused on

>start PL8 M&M campaign
>we are part of merc crew that's been tasked with breaking someone out of prison
>we find the complex, scout the area
>prison seems to be medium security, guarded by your standard run of the mill armed guards
>forgot how we knew but somehow we knew where our target was being kept
>was able to locate window to prisoner's cell
>mfw the GM let me teleport the prison wall away
>have line of sight to target. teleport target to our location
>mission complete.

(2/2)
>NPC we rescued gives us a reason to enter the prison, don't even remember what it was
>Force Field guy (FFG) decides to just walk in through the front entrance
>GM tells us that's not how rogues work
>FFG just looks at him and says to him "Indestructible. Force. Field."
>FFG walks up to the front, and demands entry.
>Guards warn him
>He assaults them
>Guards try to knife him
>+20 to defense because of force field
>I teleport the guards away to deal with them, teleport the gate open.
>FFG stands there menacingly demanding the info we came for
>Only enemies GM threw at us are armed guards. Bullets get +20'd away.
>Slowly start teleporting shit apart in the background until the guards all submit

The GM did not continue this campaign past the first half hour.

I've had something similar happen, you know those guys who insist D&D is the absolute worst when it comes to balance between classes and how Vancian casting is terrible? that guy insisted we try Mage: the Ascension because he read something that's the pinnacle of game design for spellcasting, by the second session the prime-focused character was warping reality at a whim and the entire system snapped in two when somebody made himself literally invisible to the universe.

>introduce my vidya group to DnD 5e
>first session goes fine
>then the guy who picked paladin as his class has an autistic fit about paladins using spells
>doesn't take "it's just a fucking game mechanic name" as an explaination and reeeeeeeeeeees autistically
>shit falls apart
>fast forward 1 year
>against my better judgement they convince to try again
>that guy wants to play paladin again
>"fuck you, you're playing a warrior, I don't want your autistic sperging about spells again"
>bitches long enough for me to let him play paladin
>first 2 sessions go fine
>then he skips on session 3 without telling anyone anything
>just go without him
>session 4 doesn't happen next week because a different player isn't there, and the rest don't feel like playing without him
>run session 4 with 1 week of delay
>then session 5 doesn't happen because another player skips out without saying anything
>tell them to either figure out the fucking schedule, and tell me when they want to play, or fuck off
>6 months later I'm playing OW with a different group
desu I'm glad it turned out that way

Y'all gotta get yourself some quantum ogres my man

Quantum Ogres?

You plan an ogre encounter. The party comes across a fork in the road. No matter which path they take, they will encounter the ogre, but they don't know that. To them, they just happened to choose the path that led to the ogre.

THAT GM

I've had, and also been, a player like you. all you can really do is try and play support to the quieter people. sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

a story of my own
>start up a new game
>gaming buddy not part of game hears about it once we're 2 sessions in, begs and pleads to join
>wanted to keep it small because combat, while sparce, gets bogged down with too many combatants
>but whatever, sure
>help him through chargen for system he hasn't played yet, makes a neat character
>next session starts, didn't get to do much planning because assisting chargen, try to get him integrated into the party
>he ignores all of my hooks, refuses to join the rest of the group
>eventually had to railroad him into the party
Why do people ask to join a group of they're not going to try to be part of the group? Guess I brought it on myself for humoring him, though.

This.
kill yourself railroading scum

Did you ever thought for one second that maybe the players won't want to go there?
>but they have to want what I want!!
Die.

Similar experience here.
>1920's low power mutants & masterminds game
>girlfriend had played in one rpg prior
>makes a Jean Gray clone
>overly fond of mind control
>day job: legal advocate for woman's rights
>spends a good chunk of the game mind controlling villains and npcs.

If the players absolutely walk away from everything like this, you narrate the start of their journey, and then call the session a night 10 minutes in because they just walked away from X pages of notes.

Why?

>People who have never GM'd before

This. If they don't want to play the adventure you made, they can all go home. And never come back, because if they're not willing to meet you halfway they can get fucked.

Not one of them.
Forever GM
You're shit. Learn to improvise scrub

Cringed

>you need to be a railroading autist to prove you have GM'd
Are you retarded? The first thing you learn about GMing while GMing, is to stop fucking planning a single road for the players.

You must be a patient man because I would excommunicate that motherfucker from my life for that kind of behavior the first time it happened. I am a grown ass man I do not have time for that Preschool type shit.

There's this story:

>5e
>Want to make the campaign a bit harder for seasoned players
>Knock a few point off of the point buy
>They foam at the mouth and tear their clothes
>Want to give pc's a few magical items with cool properties to even out their lower than normal stats
>Want to make it so they approach encounters carefully and use new methods to get through challenges due to shit stats
>They bitch and moan and ask only for whatever stat stick they can get

I guess Im not built to be a DM

Yea Mage is what you want to play when you think it just takes too long to get to level 20 as a Wizard and want to be a God in the mundane world.

A better way to do that would've been to give them normal PB but more challenging encounters.

If not for a very disruptive potential, if he sincerely can play it out, I'd commend him on good roleplaying skills.

Unrelated, but thank you for the blueberry cheesecake user

Sounds like she was traumatized by a previous GM, though of course it doesn't excuse sheer stupidity, and the graphic torture is kinda fucked up

Honestly, some people are going to call you a railroading asshole, but... that's not railroading. All games start with a premise, if the players ignore the premise then it's time to find another (and the GM is 100% free to end this game).
However, this should be spelled out. And if you didn't, then you're a dick
>"hey guys, the game is going to happen in Townville, so please don't leave Townville to become a pirate, thanks".
If they do THEN you can say no and be perfectly justified.

"git gud at GMing"
what fresh cancer is this
I'm just gonna have a good time while giving my players a good time, but unlike you I don't have to suck anyone off to do that, faggot

I'd probably have serious talk with her after very first session, so you can exchange how you actually see DM and what's considered disruptive and inconsiderate toward other players. Sorry user, your gf is That Guy, even if unintentionally and she should be informed of that fact as soon as possible because she'll only make it unfun for others to play with her. Hell, you can even show her this post. She needs a solid intervention.

no problem buddy
there's so goddamn little of good tau research material it should be a crime

Either you marry an edgelord or you'll regret it in the future.
Alternatively, you're marrying an edgelord AND you will regret it in the future.

>Playing on roll20
>Make some maps
>Group fucks off to some random direction and I have to make shit up
>Come up with a huge temple on the spot and lead them through it
>They end up setting fire to it and running away
>PC complains that there wasnt a picture of the temple

Also only one person talks. They even told another player to talk to an npc and they just didnt say anything

It's tragically true user, keep fighting the good fight

Yeah, I checked e621 and gelbooru quickly, found maybe 6 decent pictures total.
Such is life.

I was not the DM in this story, but this happened yesterday and im still frustated by it so here it goes

>Playing 5e, party consists of me and two other friend. We are all pretty new
>DM is also very new (I'm usually DM'ing, but work stuff got in the way) and railroads a lot
>Fine by me because I understand how hard it is to improvise when you're new
>Party consists of a grappling Rogue (That Guy), Paladin, Revised Ranger and Tempest Cleric (me)
>We are escaping from a prison that was getting attacked by goblins and orcs
>We eventually get overwhelmed, the DM was not expecting this and pulls a Gandalf-esque rescue with an NPC
>Paladin starts yelling OOC ''Wow nice scripted event DM''
>NPC tells us to follow him for safety
>That Guy ignores the request and starts bolting the other way into the wilderness
>DM gets visually upset and continues the story with us while ignoring That Guy
>That Guy starts pulling out his phone, lays in two seats and says: ''tell me when you're done with storytelling, I'm not supposed to hear it anyway''
>NPC tells us he will send scouts to save That Guy
>I'm telling the NPC that he left us alone and that sending your scouts into the wilderness to save him is not worth it
>DM continues That Guy story, says he is getting chased by five goblins, That Guy wants to fight them
>That Guy starts losing, but gets saved by the scouts.
>The Paladin and Ranger both complain about the scripted event again.
>We reunite with That Guy, he asks us to recap what the NPC told us
>We all tell him to fuck off

On paper it doesn't that bad, but the way That Guy behaved was so fucking toxic I was about to snap and go on a tantrum against him.