Jumpchain CYOA Thread #1644: Once and Future King Edition

>Google Drive
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/DRCzyUd
fate-go.gamerch.com/課金召喚(期間限定)
twitter.com/AnonBabble

[Fateposting begins]

How do I kill Gilgamesh?

So who's been to the King Arthur jump?
Did you pick a particular setting, and why?
What happened?

>How do I kill Gilgamesh?

Turn his gold into bronze

Hey all, new to the jumps and I had a question. If multiple jumps have a powersource that you are only supposed to have one of how does that work.

(Specifically asking for the Exalted jumps, especially in relation to Exalted: General vs Exalted: [Insert Exalt Type Here])

Snakes and stale bread.

What's the most inane use of an alt-form you've ever used?

At the end of the day, it's up to your fanwank, but the rule of thumb is that similar power sources draw from the same pool.

So if you jump Exalted: Infernals and got a personal essence pool of (say) 50, then when you jump into Sidereals, right away you should have 50 motes in your personal essence pool even if a Sidereal of your experience shouldn't have that many.

Generic setting. I was basically a cuter, more proactive version of the Lady of the Lake. Kept giving people quests and meddling in their lives. Also got to be half-unicorn which is fun. It lets me detect virgins, I never get tired of that.

I noticed that the jump lists Runescape as an available setting, somehow, and went there.

I wasn't sure I would live to regret it, but it was extremely painful for me. When did Runescape get powerlevels?

Does anyone have a list of what Ninetales can do that doesn't have anything to do with their moves? The wiki mentions that they are able to control someone's mind with their red eyes, that each of their tails contains a sperate mystical power (no clue how true that is, but if it's mentioned it must have at least some truth to it), and I remember that a Ninetales in an anime episode showed pretty good illusion skills (it made a ruin look like a mansion and projected a human body for itself, complete with voice and all). I'm not sure if there's anything I've missed.

Most of that stuff is pokedex nonsense so it's worth the same consideration as slugma being hot enough to evaporate everything in a mile radius.

but muh pokedex must be right

Nah, not really. The illusions happened in the anime, and the mind control though eyes is pretty believable.

Avoiding people by pretending to be a cat.

Used the megaman alt form so I can stick magnets on my forehead

The ninetales in Pokemon Mystery Dungeon cursed the MC (formerly human) to become a pokemon, and also caused natural disasters.

Depends on the setting.

In the games, the Pokedex talks about Pokemon doing lots of stuff that in no way is represented in actual gameplay, and talks about how deadly and god-like a lot of them are despite them being easily crammed into little balls by ten year olds armed with overleveled first evolution Pokemon, with nobody ever actually dying ever.
The anime seems to operate on slightly different rules, and sometimes has legendaries that are actual parts of the forces of nature and removing them will severely fuck up the planet, and other times has them show up and be only kinda more powerful than any other Pokemon. Y'know, that in addition to the whole "ground types can be hurt by electric attacks if you just try hard enough" thing.
It's all just... stupidly inconsistent with itself.

Ninetales are based off of kitsunes, though, so if you're going FULL MYTHOLOGICAL interpretation, they can probably do stuff like that.
Also you're probably going to die in such a setting because "Everything The Pokedex Says Is Real" creates a horrific hellscape barely more tolerable than the SCP Foundation.

In the first Pokemon Mystery Dungeon, a Ninetales even turns a human into a Pokemon as a curse for pulling their tail.
It's actually Gengar, the leader of Team Meanies, not the main character as you are lead to expect.

Have superior equipment.

No they didn't. They cursed the asshole who became Gengar to become a pokemon. The MC's a pokemon because fucking hero summoning bullshit so probably blame a legendary or mythic somewhere.

Are there any jumps that give really rare or one of a kind fruits or other plants?

I use small, fluffy altforms to take naps.

And also sometimes I turn into a cat or fairy or something tiny like that so I can ride around in peoples' bags or on their head or something and it won't be weird.

> Did you pick a particular setting, and why?
I went to Fate for the same reason a lot of jumpers go to Fate, which is because it interacts with a lot of perks bought from there in an interesting way, and I don't really give a crap about King Arthur.

> What happened?
I took that drawback that causes you to be the captured princess of a dragon. Except, in Fate, dragons are crazy fucking mythical destroyers, so whenever I ran off and the dragon came after me to bring me back, people noticed.

It wasn't actually a cruel dragon, though. It was actually pretty nice, even though it mostly thought of me as part of its bauble collection.
And also had a tendency to randomly philosophize at length about the nature of humanity and dragons and our differences and the failings of both (but mostly for humans) and occasionally go into longwinded metaphors about sea creatures.

It was pretty weird, and the fact that I also took the Excalibur drawback and he wouldn't shut up didn't help matters.
Especially when that damn sword and the dragon would start talking to each other. I have like twelve different mental boosters and language interpretation perks and I still wasn't able to understand any of that crap.

Sometimes I forget how freaking huge some pokemon are supposed to be.

How manipulative are you, Jumper?

With overwhelming power, there's no need for cowardly tricks.

Unintentionally. I really must pay more attention to my passive perks.

But what fun there is to take everything with overwhelming force?

Reality is subjective, user! We all wear masks to go about our daily lives! The person you are when you talk to your boss is different from the person who talks to your family, friends, or girlfriend!

I never lied, I only stated the truth in a way that would be more accepting to you. In the end, the decision was made of your own free will.
Y O U C H O S E T H I S P A T H

Manipulative af.

do threats of violence and coercion count as manipulation? because I do a lot of mugging. sure, sometimes I'm Holding up an entire hemisphere with a gravity Beam emitter Array the size of Mercury but it's still a mugging.

There are a few perks to stop the Jumper from doing collateral damage, but is there anything that would help prevent a Jumper's armies from doing so? Some way to prevent missed shots from doing any damage to people or the environment?

So I have finished reading Battle Action Harem Highschool Side Character Quest
(No SV, you are the Waifu) and then I started reading the jump, and I noticed that none of the items were discounted whatsoever. Was this intentional?

I haven't been yet, but I have this vague idea of heading to the Disney Sword in the Stone setting. Partly because Arthur is going to need someone a little more reliable than Merlin, and partly because Merlin is hilarious. I also plan to set Arthur up with the girl squirrel because FUCK that scene being the end of things. I expect there will be fourth wall jokes, but things should go pretty well.

As a magma dragon, I once used my skin as a barbecue. Smelled like hot dogs for a week afterwards though.

Not very. I try to be a pretty straight shooter.

Not at all. Everyone else just happen to be really generous with their time and attentions.

By offering something you can't refuse. Everyone wants to believe they're a good person, that they're on the right side of history, some of them want to believe that they're heroes.

All you have to do to get most anyone into your court is to appeal to those sensibilities and convince them that they can be all that and more if only they accept their end of the bargain, and at that point, you've sold them the world, so you can ask for pretty much anything.

Sims fairy form for pointless pranks like dying peoples hair into rainbow colors. Something to pass the time really.

Not really, Im more of 'reveal the absolute truth and see what happens' and/or bribery kind of guy. Trickery that isn't pranks isn't interesting to me.

Just posting the Discord link so it doesn't end up as an actual exclusive society.
discord.gg/DRCzyUd

It's kind of inevitable once you gain enough foresight and knowledge and come to strongly believe in the "with great power comes great responsibility" spiel. I usually know more about my interlocutor than I can explain, and that includes what they'll do if I try this or that.

Though in my defense I have a lot of rules about how I go around influencing people. It's just that these self-imposed limitations are rarely a meaningful obstacle in the grand scheme of things.

Friendly reminder that while it's pretty ambiguous if the real Archer can do it, the Archer Class Card install is perfectly (and demonstrably) capable of projecting Excalibur.

Is that reminder friendly?

In a King Arthur themed thread, I want all Jumpers to be aware that they can have as many of the sword of the King as their hearts desire!

The only Excalibur I care about is loud and obnoxious.

Good lad.

fugg now I kind of want to jump Runescape. What's it titled under?I've had a Runegame subscription that I haven't been using lately and I'm trying to get myself to like it again.

I don't think we have one?

Rolled 30 (1d100)

>Did you pick a particular setting, and why?
Fate, to waifu Artoria
>what happened
lets roll to seduce!

The Side Chain Continues....

Swat Cats Jump 003:
CP: 1000
Drawbacks:
Aw, Crud [+000]
They're All Red Wires [+300]
Attack of the 50 Foot Whatever [+300]
Origin: Villain [-50]
Perks:
Rockin' Music [Free]
Maniacal Laugh [Free]
Crazy Theme (The Machine) [-300]
Gear:
Origin Outfit [Free]
Milk Supply [-50]
City Map [Free]
Scrapyard [-200]
Orb Design Plans [-800]

Companions [-200]:
Diend [200]
Origin: Villain
Perks:
Maniacal Laugh [Free]
Grunt Work [-50]
Think of the Profit! [-150]
Gear:
Origin Outfit [Free]
City Map [Free]

Yan-Chan [200]
Origin: Villain
Perks:
Maniacal Laugh [Free]
Grunt Work [-50]
Think of the Profit! [-150]
Gear:
Origin Outfit [Free]
City Map [Free]

Circle (Anastasia) [200]
Origin: Enforcer
Perks:
I Don't Deal With Criminal Scum [Free]
Aura of Authority [-50]
Foot In The Door [-150]
Gear:
Origin Outfit [Free]
Police Equipment [Free]

The Circle (John, & James) [200]
Origin: Ace Pilot
Perks:
Unassuming [Free]
Fit As A Fiddle [-50]
Got Your Back [-150]
Gear:
Origin Outfit [Free]
F-14 Tomcat [Free]

The Circle (Adam) [200]
Origin: Drop-in
Perks:
Good for the Press [Free]
Stress Test [Free]
Gear:
Origin Outfit [Free]
Catnip [-50]
Briefcase of Bluffing [-150]

Rough luck there, mate

Speaking of a seduced Arturia, does the Fate item that's a fragment of Avalon gain power if you have a waifu'd Arturia in your party, like the full scabbard does?

Hi, Cracker_Jack.

World 002, Entry 001
Whelp as it turns out my incarnation (Is that the proper term? Eh whatever.) Was a bit of a weirdo. A mad scientist working on a system that would eat technology, the Micro-Brain Repair Unit, and owned a legit Globo Gym franchise for money. I easily just switched over to full on legit, with a minor bit of work keeping the various inventions of mine from going haywire.

World 002, Entry 013
Whilst now, mostly, legitimate in my efforts to keep legal I do still get fined a hell of a lot by the locals because of the devices I built and the collateral that they somehow manage to pull off. Thankfully those Swat Kats, the Enforcers, and in general a bunch of folk working together to make being a villain nigh-impossible, however normal organized crime could still manage, if only barely. Whilst the other other villains still try there are solidly in the cartoony villain category and whilst I don’t feel good about the amount of crime I’m committing per day whilst trying to seem legitimate I certainly don’t feel too bad about it.
Not much else to say really.

Rolled 69 (1d100)

Did somebody say roll to seduce?

Hey does anyone have the link to Dirge's drive? I keep losing it somehow.

Please and thank you.

IT WASN'T ME I DIDN'T

NO STOP CEASE DESIST

Ohhhhh.

You failed.

So guys, I need a list of perks that causes stuff to scale with how beautiful you are, like the one from Akame ga Kill.

Or is that the only one?

Huehue.... 69

>Did you pick a particular setting, and why?
I did, yes. Because it seemed fun.

>What happened?
Well, I went to Camelot, 'twas a silly place.

Also, got held captive by a bunny instead of a dragon.

Duel Monsters: The Heroes Jump 004:
CP: 1000
Drawbacks:
Get Your Game On! [+100]
Waterfront Disaster! The Interrupted Kaiju Slumber [+100]
Star-Crossed Destiny! The Ultimate Nightmare [+100]
Origin: D. D. Drop-In
Perks:
Master of Seclusion [Free]
Visions of Justice [-200]
Powers/Gimmicks:
Doomguy [-300]
Witch Raider [-100]
Maskchange [-300]
Gear:
Costume [Free]
Gates of a Dark World [-200]

Hero’s Call (Circle, Yan-Chan, & Diend) [-200]

Diend [800]
Background: D. D. Drop-In
Perks:
Visions of Justice [-200]
Powers:
Witch Raider [-100]
Mechlight Dragon Revolution [-400]

John [800]
Background: Destiny Hero
Perks:
D-spirit [Free]
Overdestiny [-300]
Powers:
Devilguy [-200]
Doomguy [-300]

James
Background: Elemental Hero
Perks:
Hero Mask [Free]
Righteous Justice [-300]
Neo-Spacian Contact [-100]
Powers:
The Earth [-300]

Adam [800]
Background: Neo-Spacian
Perks:
Neo-Spacian Contact [Free]
Neo-Spacian Travel [-200]
Neo-Spacian Force [-300]
Powers:
Glow Moss [Free]
Contact Out [-300]

Anastasia
Background: D. D. Drop-In
Perks:
Visions of the Future [-300]
Powers:
Necro Shamanism [-300]
Vision Fusion [-200]

Yan-Chan
Background: Evil Hero
Perks:
Dark Calling [Free]
The Emissary from Hell, Infernal Jumper! [-200]
The Brightest Darkness and Darkest Light [-300]
Powers:
Infernal Contract: Bladedge [-300]

That should count as a critical success, regardless of rolling high or low

Jump 003, Entry 001
It seems that my super secret base is well hidden, good because I’m have the time of my life figuring out all this new tech I can suddenly make. The masks and belt got eaten by my Decadriver… again not sure how to deal with that. Neat thing I’ve found out after a decade exploring it is the fact that the Decadriver allows me to mix-n-match the transformations. Thankfully the masks charging and repair station is useful for creating some things so I simply produced a mask for my Doomguy transformation… that’s what I wanna say but mostly I’ve been fiddling with the station and trying my damnedest to ignore the fact that whilst I know how to build the Doomguy system from the ground up I have no resources save those I brought with me… which sadly didn’t include a power armor shop.
Thankfully at this point we’re used to Kaiju and can take them on, though we’re having some trouble due to

Jump 003, Entry 002
Experimenting with grampa’s cane has led me to a funny end. The cane itself can only replicate one effect at a time, so my sword can’t also produce anti-magic, but anyway discovery. Vapor and Acid are an awesome combination, granted I guess any combo that allows you to both produce and control water down the vapor level is pretty baller.

Jump 003, Entry 003
I barely have words right now… Anastasia got hurt bad, probably only her proximity to Adam saved her, we have been hunting whoever it is that did this.
Thankfully she’s is already recovering, thanks mostly to the power that Adam gained here, but she needs time to recover. Healing times are going to be our bane, maybe we can do something about that...

Rolled 50 (1d100)

Nobu!

Rolled 62 (1d100)

Here, let me try.

Jump 003, Entry 004
So I met with the this… person who has apparently been looking for me. They’re odd and their idea of love is twisted, warped. I feel like I’m in front of Yan-Chan, before she mellowed out, again. Why is it that I only attract the really extremely dangerous types? I mean Yan-Chan is great nowadays but I have scars from her ‘correcting’ my behavior all those years ago, and now it looks like this Yubel is doing the same thing.

Jump 003, Entry 008
Hunting for Yubel has become a bit of a endeavor for me. An emotional rollercoaster as I followed in the wake of someone who thought suffering was love. She crafted murals to me, carved my image upon the city itself, and though it all I found bloody expressions of ‘love’.
We found her and using Adam’s power to push her on the ‘Destiny Road’ we bought some time. Which is something we sorely need, as I still was in the midst of building some devices to help out .

You can't stop your legacy.

Critical success due to special circumstances. You can all go home now. Seduction successful in a single roll. You're welcome.

Cracker_jack a cuck. Confirmed

No Nobu for you.

Actually, what was her dc?

Rolled 85 (1d100)

You are like little baby. Watch this.

Rolled 88 (1d100)

Yeah, fuck it, though I'm rolling for someone else to waifu Arturia.

Sweet, I offer this Waifturia to Val.

Rolled 42 (1d100)

Oh you son of a bitch no you don't!

Oh yes I do user! Waifus for the Waifu God(dess)!

We took an oath, man!

WE TOOK AN OATH

Rolled 33 (1d100)

Fuck it, roll to seduce them both

>whathavewedone.jpg

Sorry, but due to your roll you cause someone else to waifu saberface Hitler.

Rolled 19 (1d100)

I'll get in on the Mordred Gacha.

Hitler is the last person ever who needs to be Saber Faced.

...I see nothing wrong with this.

>mfw I remember the last time this happened
I am unsure whether to grin like a loon or tremble in fear.
inb4 why_not_both.jpg

Now I see why the Russians were so eager to get to Berlin....

I'm going to post my Ib gauntlet here one more time to make sure that everything is good to go. If I don't get any more suggestions, I'm going to upload it to the drive later today, but if there is anything that needs to be fixed, please let me know and I will try to make the changes.

Grail War Start, best Waifu wins. 1 Roll, best result, honor rules on telling the truth, go!

fate-go.gamerch.com/課金召喚(期間限定)

Fools, Mordred is not meant to be waifued. She is meant to be daughterud while you waifu her father.

Not sure how to feel about this.

You've put two of your Jumps into the wrong upload folder on SB's drive.

Not all all familiar with IB, but I like the look of this Jump.

*Ib

Got Ishtar

I got Lancer Medusa. I'm surprisingly okay with this, despite not getting my favorite dusky skinned assassin. Her Nobel Phantasm is pretty sweet.

>Ishtar

That new art from Eliskalti's made me find new appreciation for Ishtar-Rin.

Time to take all the waifus.

Are you referring to the two Lewd jumps I uploaded (Miyuki-chan in Wonderland and Mogeko Castle)? Given that they shouldn't go into the normal upload folder for SB and lewd jumps are not welcome on the Veeky Forums drive, I thought I did the right thing by posting them in that folder and not bringing them up here.

I'm happy you like the Ib jump, though.

>MFW

They're lewds? My mistake then...

Rolled 66 (1d100)

user, you'll want to put dice+1d100 in the options bar.

I just started reading them in proper. I feel stupid now

I got two 5 stars... Is that good? I know literally nothing about this and it won't even translate.

It's not my first time around here, I swear, I have here all the summer!