Warhammer 40.000 General /40kg/

new SM codex is in the MEGA edition.

>Konor Campaign: Chaos comeback? edition
konor.warhammer40000.com/

>Check your local store's contribution
warhammer40000.com/fate-konor-galaxy-flames/

>GW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/23/updated-faqs-and-boots-on-the-groundgw-homepage-post-2/

>FW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/15/new-and-updated-forge-world-faqs-july16gw-homepage-post-2/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in pdf & epub, SW:A, WIP and BB are here too, no novels.
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA

>Other megas
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Chart-user doing Abaddon's work)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

sendit.cloud/bgzf3vrxgm5f
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Fixing codex content links atm

First for Bullgryns

sendit.cloud/bgzf3vrxgm5f
codex pdf without working links, someone is fixing them

sendit.cloud/bgzf3vrxgm5f Rough and Dirty (Contents broken, No Bookmarks, some bad cropping) PDF SM codex.

Shouldn't you wait for a non-mangled version? There is some bad cropping on the one user provided.

Oh fuck, hadn't noticed
Halfway through tho so could finish it for now and we'll see when we get a well cropped one

A lot of shit was added: Was anything of significance CHANGED besides any slight point value adjustments?

So far I've seen that Techmarines lost their Conversion beamers

>Pedro costs more than Lysander despite being stuck in footslogger armor

the fuck?

Do Primaris marines have an American accent?

Yeah, they all sound like Harrison Ford.

>lost

Too many people don't read the FAQs. If its in the Index, they can still take it.

Finally getting around to going through the Indexes for factions other than my own, the Eversor Assassin looks like a steal; for 70 points you can keep your opponents back line in a constant state of dread waiting for the turn you put him down 9 inches away, charge and fire off 8 attacks (and the 4 pistol shots prior). Seems like it'd easily make its points back tearing up heavy weapons squads and fragile characters.

Which bait topics of mine do you rate highest?

Brexitposting.

Average of 2d3 is 3.

Imperial vs metric.

Beaten by leaked codex.

FW is p2w.

Orks are WAACfags.

I like the shiny eye.
I detest your constant copy-post.

American's don't have a accent, its the world wide default

Converter user here, Sorry for the botched job, working on fixing it now. I was rushing it out.

read the faq

basically the codex only includes stuff you can currently buy from the GW lines, but you can still field older stuff from the index just fine.

Silly question maybe but, to take the SM from surface to ship and vice versa they use thunderhawks. What do they use to take guardsmen?

But it's only the second time I've posted it :x

none of them, play violin with your wrists

Ah that's good, I had also converted one of my dreadnaughts to have twin linked heavy bolters so it seems like they're really not a fan of individual armies.

Bigass landers

How did I do?

Until you fail your charge 60% of the time and die to shooting.

If GW doesn't sell a model of it it's gone, no Moondraken, power weapons other than swords or Jump packs on guys

Current WIP.

Waiting on these things to dry before primer.

The fucking repair of parts and then blending in to the plastic chasis was a fucking pain in the ass.

Add some highlighting and details and it'll look great

Thunderhawks, valkyries. Other larger noncombat dropships. Teleporters and shit sometimes.

The Grapes of Wrath chapter, huh?

Haven't gone through the entire codex yet, how many pages are mangled?
If just a few, I believe I could replace those pages once you've gotten the new version and told me which pages were edited

Landers. They're basically the size of a typical space frigate or ferry, designed to transport and land entire detachments.

He gets 3d6 on the the charge though.

Does the new SM codex address what happened to the giant waaagh heading for Deliverance?

1. Download Codex SM
2. Ctrl+F
3. Type 'Deliverance'
4. Press enter

Why are these wet in the first place?

Can I get some opinions on a mech chaos list? I've always wanted a dark mechanicus type thing. Now that FW has given us a hellwright, I feel like I should just jump and give it a go.

I'm thinking stuff like the hellwright, decimators with soulburner petards for stronk single models like girlyman and delicious auto mortal wounds, hellforged leviathan dreads with grav-flux bombards for anti horde, and I'm not too sure what else.

Does it seem playable, or am I just being too optimistic?

>UK/World + EU Chaos is continue gaining ground
>America Chaos is still shrinking

USA, you fucks. Get your shit together.

Almost every page has some of it's border missing

He makes his charge 75% of the time

Sounds good. Bring abby and some cultists to round off the list.

Ouch, I'll just finish linking this version and I'll get to the new one eventually
Links > borders imo

Seems like pretty good odds to me, especially if you're willing to burn a CP if necessary. I think I'll add one to my force and give it a try.

What are peoples thoughts on the aggressor and reiver options?
Auto hits vs higher # of shots and Extra cc vs Guns?

Maybe

If I wanted to make a primaris chapter that Cawl secretly made out of Alpha Legion Geneseed, what kind of color scheme should I use?

scheming scheme

Ultramarines blue

The Boltstorm option + Fragstorm seems better to me for Aggressors; the flamers only really pull ahead on overwatch, but theres so many things that can charge from out of their range in practice that some games they're going to be wasted entirely. The bolter ones you can at least set down somewhere and blast away until charged.

Reivers I think the knife is better, but the carbine could be alright if you're just looking at objective grabbing and general harrasment.

Red and Black

Deep striking is OP as fuck.

Enemy Assault Terminators teleport next to my warlord and tanks. Makes 8" charge with double 4s. Lost my lord commissar and leman russ after my opponent spent a command point to make me reroll the only 6+ save I made.

It's fucking bullshit it is.

I'll be playing GSC so I don't need (Or can take) him....but if I played Imperium I'd put one in every list. He'll easily make his points back each game and will terrorize your opponent.

Nobody is falling for that at this point m80. Nice try though.

>after my opponent spent a command point to make me reroll the only 6+ save I made.

>8" charge
But that's wrong.

Novamarines, Howling Griffons or Minotaurs? Can't decide.

You know what to do

Minotaurs and thin your paint.

Middle one

Only 3 days for you to take back another approximate 3rd to make it equal.

Considering day 1 it was close to 90% imperial and ground regained has not that been much in 4 days it may be difficult.

>crimson fist is tactically versatile
>imperial fist is good for one thing, beating stuff up
So that's why the iron warriors hated us

A modern military force appeals to the US audience because we actually have one. So the imperium is big here.

Magic and witches and she turned me into a newt bullshit appeals to the rest of the world because you are all backwards bumpkins and think some angry god makes thunder. So chaos.

All the horseshit in your post aside, a guard player should be able to easily afford plenty of infantry squads to surround his important shit enough that deep-charging it become impossible

Because posted right before thread got archived

novamarines

Howling Griffons if you're up to it.

Anyone got a epub or pdf of shroud of night yet?

Exams sucked me into study and I couldnt follow the 8th edition developments

Suggestions for a dreadnought army?

>twin heavy bolters
But they don't have a model despite being the default

Contemptors Mortii
Deredeos
Leviathans

Blood Angels get a HQ Dreadnought, so that could be fun. Could always build around one of their successors if you don't care for the original.

Meh/10
Put a red wash in the eyes
Repainted the hand
Put white light or blue on the buttons on the details on the right hand

How are Black Templars now for a dreadnought army?

When deep-striking near elevated models, which of these do you use to determine being more than 9" away?
And then do you use the same for charging?

I would cry but I have no tears left

Also, Ultramarines count-as?
Can't keep your dreads stuck in melee

See pic, I guess it'd help but Ultrasmurfs or even Raven Guard would work better imo

i measure direct line base to base

I've just bought the Dark Imperium set and I'm thinking of painting the Primaris as Mentors. Fluff wise, they're normally working with some kind of Imperial unit so they can get that tactical expertise or something.

Question is, who should accompany my Mentors? Stormtroopers? Sisters of Battle? Imperial Knights? The everyday Conscript?

What would you recommend tg?

Genestealer Cult or Broamander marines?

Hmm I was trolling a few weeks ago when I'd said they'd rewritten that to be stalemate rather than Iron Warriors win.

Lmao

fucking ward

>Righteous zeal
Holy fuck a dread charge with BTs must be terrifying

stormtroopers
teach them the alpha-strike tactics

How do you archive such neat lines? Blue over get's absorbed so much...

Well, depends what you're playing
Pretty sure ultrasmurf leviathans would be worse
Only way to stop it is to kill it

To do chipping weathering with a sponge what colors would you use on a base of olive drab?
Black and metal or dark grey and metal?

I made a 1500 point list I used yesterday
Chaplain
2 standard dreads
venerable
derdeo
leviathan
siege dreadnought

I lost but I came close to tabling the other guy, if it wasn't for invincible wulfen

Full heavy flamer Ultramarine dreads sound fun

had to wash off the plastic/resin dust leftover.

Go with a dark brown. Use something like Rhinox Hide and then whatever metal you please. Highlight the chips with the highlight colour of whatever it is you're chipping.

Where do you get all your Jap modelling stuff?

Why did E-money create Primarchs that were powerful enough to kill him and be easily corrupted by Chaos?

Wouldn't just creating the SM have been enough?

Thanks user

Ultras or Ravenguard - who is better ?

Because Space muhrines are even more weakminded than the Primarchs

Fuckfuckfuck
Fixed all links but it doesn't switch to the new page zoomed-to-fit but super zoomed in
Sec, trying to fix but if it takes forever I'll just wait for better cropped version

>Mary Sue or Edgy Sperglord - who is better ?

fix'd

Generally? Ultras, taking everything into account.

For some Alpha strike bullshit niche lists? Raven Guard.

Pretty sure it's 9" in direct distance, not movement distance.

This got me thinking: Reivers and grapnel launchers.

Lets say I deep strike them (or enter them 6" from a table edge) and the enemy is, say, on top of a building. Now, physically the distance between the models can be 9", but lets say the building is 5" tall. So I just need to place the Reivers a few inches away from the building for there to be 9" between them and the enemy. The grapnel launchers make Reivers ignore vertical distance. So all they'd have to assault is the distance to the building (and how ever many inches the enemy was away from the building edge).

Is this correct or am I missing something?

It's decided then. Should I just go for basic troop transport in a Taurox or do I go full tacti-cool and have them drop from a Valkyrie?