What do you do when group problems start bleeding into the real world?

What do you do when group problems start bleeding into the real world?

Recently, I told a group of friends that I was going to quit GMing their game because it wasn't fun, it was too draining, etc, and they immediately turned on me, calling me a quitter, and insulting my campaign, insisting it was never any fun at all and I'm a shitty GM. Moreover, I'm roommates with one of them, and he always brings it up whenever I walk out of my room.

I've tried asking him to stop, but the harassment continues.

tl;dr What do you do when your group hates you?

You live with shitty people in real life. This problem has nothing to do with games.

Sounds like you don't actually have friends user.

You call them fags and you get a new group

Itt op conveniently leaves out the fact that he was a passive-aggressive sociopath, or a magical realming killer dm who rocks-fall-everyone-dies'd when people didn't appreciate his loving meticulous descriptions of piss inflation, or something else no one wants to put up with, and threw a hissy fit when his players objected and came here selling validation for being a shitty fatbeard.

Seeking*

I might be a phoneposter but at least I'm a good DM

Rape your roommate for dominance, then find a new group of friends

>good DM
That's an oxymoron.

You want to know what happened? I'll tell you what happened.

>Friends finished a GoT binge, want to have their own GoT adventure
>A minor fan of the setting, say sure, why not
>At session zero, run people through character creation after making house
>two people generate sensible characters (fighter and a face)
>the other two, their gfs, bring the stupidest shit ever
>one of them wants to play a literal cat-person
>the other, a complete newbie, wants to have smaug as a dragon she owns
>try to explain why both ideas are silly
>their boyfriends cut me off
>cat-girl bf (face) says-just roll with it make and it not matter in the world
>Smaug bf (fighter) halts the entire session to explain in the most obtuse way possible why you can't bring Smaug to the table, her counter is 'but I have it my backstory that Doctor Who brought me across worlds'
>entire table wtfs at this, they manage to talk her down to having a single dragon egg and tell me that I should roll with this
>fine whatever
>first session starts
>Fighter destroys any court intrigue by threatening to shove swords up assholes
>Cat-girl tries to fuck everything, at one point, walked up to a noble about to depart southwards and asked to fuck so she could steal his jewelry
>as said noble was three steps away from his carriage, and she had never interacted with him before this point
>His gf decides repeatedly slapping him in real life is the only way to get him to stop
>they struggle with any sort of courtly intrigue/subtle play
>at one point they try and burn a fucking banquet table when they don't get their way
>I pause and ask them if they want more a straightforward campaign
>Fighter freaks at this pause and tells me if I do shit like this he's not going to play because he's having fun and clearly everyone else is too
>Session ends, fighter(who is also roommate) comes to me and admits he's not having fun, especially when the group shits all over his plans

1/2

>decide to talk with other people, get their opinions
>cat girl says she's just uncomfortable in role, and wanted to play something she didn't know anything about (a cat-girl prostitute)
>Smaug Girl is depressed because she feels like she's shitty at roleplaying because fighter bf got angry with her after all the slaps
>Face is just enjoying it, but wants to have a valyrian steel scythe crafted by 'Death himself' and wants to know what he can do to get it
>after some messaging with everyone, I decide to call it quits, as the situation is pretty shitty
>post the following message in the group chat
>"I'm sorry to do this, folks, but after the last session, I don't think I can GM for this game. This isn't anyone's fault, but rather, my own--Continued GMing for this campaign is something I no longer find enjoyable, and, so, my personal interest has come to a end. It was fun while it lasted, but now, I'm calling it closed. See you all around, and sorry for the inconvenience!"
>Fighter barges in my room 10 minutes later, asking why I'm a quitter
>I try to explain to him politely that I was no longer interested, but he keeps on hurling insults my way
>Fuck you user, Face's campaign was better anyway
>he finally leaves, I go to work
>Cat-Girl is there, and some of the first words out of her mouth is 'why are you such a quitter, user'
>Face is so much better than you user
>I keep it professional, come home, and make this thread cause I have no idea what to do.

2/2

So, yeah. My GMing may have been shitty, but I tried to keep it cool when I left. They're the ones being dicks about it.

Fuck my life.

Hahaha you're a child and your clique is an empty shell of nonhumans

Kill yourself, and maybe grow up a bit

user your friends are retards their opinions don't matter

>This isn't anyone's fault, but rather, my own
That's where you screwed up.
Also, by apparently not sharing your players' opinions with the rest of the group.

>playing with girls

Shit user, you should've shared everyone's thoughts before saying "I quit". though your players are massive faggots if they're insulting you because you're not having a fun, they're really shit friends if they're sperging out over this and acting like a clique of highschoolers trying to peer pressure you back into to doing it. I recommend triple homicide.

>>"I'm sorry to do this, folks, but after the last session, I don't think I can GM for this game. This isn't anyone's fault, but rather, my own--Continued GMing for this campaign is something I no longer find enjoyable, and, so, my personal interest has come to a end. It was fun while it lasted, but now, I'm calling it closed. See you all around, and sorry for the inconvenience!"
This is where you should've explained to everyone that they're terrible players rather than make excuses.

What?

Seriously, what? Stop doing things with these people, if your room mate gets shitty with you tell him flat out that this right here:
>Fighter barges in my room 10 minutes later, asking why I'm a quitter
>I try to explain to him politely that I was no longer interested, but he keeps on hurling insults my way
>Fuck you user, Face's campaign was better anyway
Is why you aren't interested in playing with them anymore and hit up your LGS or even Roll20 or some shit.

Fuck those people.

>playing with girlfriends who have no idea what they're doing
ftfy

Top kek

That's all i fucking wanted, OP. Don't you feel better now?

PS your 'friends' sound like idiots

Comfy Pence is very on point. As always

these people are idiots. The fact that you stopped the game early prevented any cathartic discharge, and now they're using you as a scapegoat to avoid having to account for their own shitty behavior.

Don't play with normies Veeky Forums, they're incalculably stupid

>No one ever does anything wrong! Except you!

this right here. You preliminarily took the blame, and then your acquaintances started acting like pieces of shit on top of it, so you're both to blame.

> then your acquaintances started acting like pieces of shit on top of it
I dunno, just from my read of it, it seemed like only two were being assholes and even then the GF was probably just backing her rageaholic boyfriend up.

Seems like the fighter is the one with beef, his girlfriend got caught between a rock and a hardplace, and the other two could give a shit.

I still would give serious thought to playing with them again, but if I were you and had a chance to play with Face and even his GF away from Fighter I might take up the offer.

>"If face's game is so much better than mine, and you hated mine, why are you so mad about me stopping?"

Something isn't QUITE right here. Either there IS no other campaign, or they're just trying to piss you off by being the fox that calls the grapes sour. I'ma go with the latter option.

Ultimate Paranoia Mode: Face was running one all along and wanted your campaign to fail so his got all the attention, and now he's trying to get you to quit forever so you can't be a rival.

He has a point, though. If you've been on Veeky Forums long enough you'd know there are times when an user makes a thread to bitch about his group, only to have someone from that very group join the discussion and clear the story (or at least reveal that the OP wasn't without fault). Considering this OP started out without context and opened with a shitty anime picture, I can see why people would have thought he was lying.

>spoiler

Yea, if you believe they're from said campaign at all, and aren't just a troll pretending to be so they can make OP look bad for shits and giggles. Or if the player IS from the game, but is stretching the truth or outright lying to make themselves look good.

All I'm saying is that there's no reason to suspect OP is the one at fault, and no evidence can really be provided otherwise, because all evidence would be immediately suspect. OP is still a faggot, of course, but that goes without saying.

Pretty much this, you can't believe anything you read on this website entirely. OP or not, both are equally as suspect. Doing so is foolish, I mean nothing is stopping someone below me pretending to be one of his players and making shit up to shit on him for no reason.

you were a pussy dm never give in and never get bullied. do you really respect video games you can cheat in ? nobody likes weakass gms because you can influence them, "cheat" in pnp. grow balls and cut these tumorborn fags out of your life and games.

never ever give in to anyone trying to coerce you
except me right now i guess

I knew it'd come to this. I just thought you'd shoot me in the back.

>never ever give in to anyone trying to coerce you except me right now i guess

The retardation here is like poetry

Maybe if your faggot ass had stopped trying to get my girlfriend's character fucked, this wouldn't have happened. You should be grateful being called a quitter is all you're getting for trying to cuck your friends.

>and one of the 'players' comes out of the woodwork
Like. fucking. pottery.

The only thing more satisfying than the shit dm being called for his magical realm bullshit will be his desperate attempts to defend himself. God I love Veeky Forums.

The best part is that the 'shit DM' that defends himself is probably not even OP.

why would you believe a complete stranger with every reason to lie on the internet?

Why are you even here friend?
You clearly don't enjoy traditional games, why don't you go outside and find something to do that you enjoy?

Yes, yes we all know how it goes. The player played a lewd character, therefore the GM clearly tried to push his magical realm. Here's your (You) user.

That's my thought, the post basically just took the single part of the post that could most easily be turned into magical realm BS and then did that.

Exact reason why I quoted "player" it's pretty obvious that it's bait that I'm taking like a fool. I find it funny that not long after that after we finished discussion how you can't trust most posts here as being the complete truth, that one of the "players" comes out to "expose" the GM.

Paranoia Overdrive: Because one of the anons who said it would happen or could happen posted that.

Fuck /x/, Veeky Forums is the board that teaches you to trust no one.

Exactly this, this board is the reason I have a gun pointed to my head at all times, just in case I try something funny.

Okay let's get something straight here: this was supposed to be a GoT campaign but by all accounts it sounds like not a single one of the players could do anything right. A fucking dragon and catgirl? Anyone claiming to be a player in this campaign attempting to somehow turn tables on OP DM better be prepared to explain how you justify such lack of comprehension on the source material or what makes it interesting at all. Otherwise I am more than prepared to take Dm at his word. You sound like mongoloid children worse than the worst roll20 app.

>>Smaug bf (fighter) halts the entire session to explain in the most obtuse way possible why you can't bring Smaug to the table, her counter is 'but I have it my backstory that Doctor Who brought me across worlds'
I can't believe this, it's just too perfect..

>filename

Holy shit, I never noticed that. I stole it from another user. Still not changing it though, that's got even more troll potential than the image itself.

You made two mistakes:
-Putting the blame on yourself, when in truth you stopped because most players weren't having fun
-Thinking those people were player material, much less a "group of friends" like you call them

The rest is on them for being human garbage.

my nigga

This. Assuming the story is true you should have from the beginning go with informing everyone that most of them approached you in private not having fun and since most of you don't have plan, the whole session is a mess, there seems to be great difference in approach to the game between players, you cannot keep it going.

Also, I agree. If that's what you call friends, your bar is horribly low. They're barely acquaintances and it seems the kind of them that's mostly due to circumstances, not genuine sympathy.

Sounds like a clear case of things that totally happened

>What if none of it ever happened?!
What if your wife orbits my dick

It's more funny if I actually said it

Then your dick would have an imaginary satellite.

>do you really respect video games you can cheat in ?
fuck yes, I wish the built in cheats have never died off, I remember heaps of fun I had in Gothic 1 fucking around with the whole world. Silly cheats are the best.