40k Salt Thread

Any of you have pic related reactions of people getting incredibly butthurt/salty and/or defensive about their faction in Warhammer. Like "NUH UH THE TAU SEPT IS 100 BILLION TRILLION LASERS" or some shit. Tau and some Chaos seem the most prone to this behavior.

Really? I see most Imperium (especially SM) fans crying the hardest. It's like they can't stand the idea of the game comprising of more than space marines and imperial guard. Say something about it and they throw a shit fit about how their faction(s) is the protagonist and fling memes around.

Ya SM players are probably up there as well but I just notice Tau and CSM more often. And I think CSM fans are the one that termed Xenos "NPCs", pr at least they use it the most nowadays.

I know this is about 40k but mando fans are the absolute worst about this in all of scifi/fantasy

I would of made this about any intolerable faction playerbase in wargaming but I basically know jackshit about other faction players from anything outside of Warhammer Fantasy/40k/Sigmar.

>more than Primaris© Space© Marines© and Heretic© Astartes©
FIFY

NPC has been used forever. Get over it newfag.

>some Chaos seem the most prone to this behavior.
chaos are by far the worst.

By "mando" do you mean Mandalorians from Star Wars? I've found their fans to be super insufferable. It's a shame because I liked their portrayal in KotOR of these warrior guys whose time / opportunity had passed by and they're just eking out an existence.

Mandalorian fans are a weird mix of the drunk Native Indian guy on a public train shouting about being oppressed, and weeaboos trying to tell you about glorious Mandalorian culture and/or technology.

There is always that DEldarfag who get triggered everytime someone ships a human with a eldar.

What does Veeky Forums think of Helbrutes this edition? What about Blightdrones (40k)? MultiMelta still seems to be the best ranged option for Helbrutes imo.

They attract the same crowd that LARPs as norse pagans, I talked to a guy that insisted that the mandalorian wars were started because the republic wanted "mandalorian steel"

shit wrong thread.

folded a 1000 times?

tau and chaos fans on this site are absolute cancer for some reason
chaos just seems to think that everything that happens is just as planned and that their dudes are the most coolest unbeatable badasses in the galaxy who isn't afraid of anything
and you can't even hold a conversation with a taufag for over 1 post without him throwing HFY in there
they just refuse to acknowledge any flaws with their chosen faction
a stark contrast from the chaos and tau players at my flg to , since they're all pretty great guys
while the 3 store weirdos are 2/3rd imperium
SM players had a big sperg over primaris marines but other than that they seem pretty mild mostly because they don't have much to complain about as posterboys imo

I always thought the Mandalorian Empire and bounty hunters were cool. Wonder why they attract such bad people.

>Tau/necron lover
>Gets quite salty for Emperium because they are religious
>Gets even more salty for Chaos because they are more religious in his opinion
>Keeps talking about religion is stupid, admech is stupid, 40k is stupid
>Plays DH for at least 3 years as regular Emperium human
>3 years of constant "Emperium suck, Emperor suck, Chaos suck, I want Tau rifle"

Not the worst one, just weird.

are you sure ?
because Imperialfags, particularly Space Marines and IG are the most salty fags on Veeky Forums screaming "HERESY" and other insult to those who don't have thier opinions

Heresy! accusations are mostly just jokes.

yeah i know but sometimes the joke doesn't get funny anymore
same thing with the term "xenolover" or "NPC race"
Marines can't stand another faction than themselves

Ya I see what you mean and I agree. Sometimes all that Marine jerk just gets annoying. It's just that of recent, especially Chaos has been making a huge scene on the generals etc.

yeah
by the way what factions are you playing/enjoying ?
for myself i enjoy Necrons in the lore and i paint/try playing Tau

Your projecting user. And shitposting in one go. That's pretty good.

I enjoy playing my Orks and their fluff a lot but like to paint my Deathguard and Nurgle daemons a lot cus theyre so organic looking and such.

oh nice !
i like orks too
actually i like all factions except for Space marines IG SoB and Chaos

Nid players are the worst I've seen.

Oh yeah Marine players are gigantic douches here. I love it when Tau/Necron win and it sorts of gives them a little reality punch to the face to remind them they aren't the be all end all.

Also find chaos players annoying because no matter how much chaos stuff they get they always have penis envy of the space marine releases and are always bitching and moaning despite getting tons of support compared to the majority of factions.

Honestly nid and orc players aren't as bad from what I've seen. Nid players are a little worse, likely from the salt of having few relevant named characters and more losses, but in the end, despite being npc factions, both races have some of the greatest chances of survival and prosperity of any in 40k. They come with a built in guarantee that even if everything goes belly up, they still exist out in other galaxies, pressing forward into new frontiers. Perhaps it's more autistic writing on GWs part, but not many other races, tau, necron and imperium included, have those kind of guarantees.

It's definitely Guardfags who're the worst. The sheer assblasting when it was revealed Orks won Dawn of War has been unrivaled since, and the "MUH EVERYMAN' "MUH HFY" is so utterly prevalent among them.

>literally proving what i said
nice one user

>chaos just seems to think that everything that happens is just as planned and that their dudes are the most coolest unbeatable badasses in the galaxy who isn't afraid of anything
user that's canon, shitty canon, sure, but that's still canon.

Definetly SM snowflakes always bitching any time any faction that isn't them gets anything (be it models, rules or fluff victories) despite them getting the vast majority of those.

And then you have the SoBfags who do have a legitimate reason to complain, but never shut the fuck up about it.

Praetorian of Dorn spoilers
It was pretty fun in the 30k generals when it was revealed that Dorn kills Alpharius. Alpha legion fan boys were convinced it was just a trick even when presented with solid evidence.

If by cool you mean edgy/toxic/degenerate sure they're the coolest around.
Badasses? Please they always get their asses handed to them in the end or go full retard
They're not afraid of anything because they dont even have souls, or cannot literally feel it

I think the weirdest instance of this that I've seen was a player getting mad at a literal child for beating him - exactly once - after literal months of winning matches against him.

There was a 13 year old who would come into the store with his college-aged cousin every week on Wednesday's to pull a bunch of orks his cousin had given him from a box full of orks and play little 500-750 point games to pass the time until his cousin (necrons) finished his matches for the night and left. He lost most of the games he played, including every game against a super tryhard guy from the local community college who would throw super optimized space wolves lists against this kid who never had more strategy than "charge at guys with boyz on foot, more boyz in trukks."

Eventually, after almost four months of occasionally playing this guy and losing, the kid squeaks out a win. And being a child, the kid is really excited about it. He starts celebrating and going "finally!" and all around seems really happy to have finally won a match against this guy who had trounced him for months. His cousin seems super proud.

But the Space Wolves player gets legitimately infuriated that a kid - an ork player, no less - got a lucky win against him and brought the total win/loss ratio against him down to something like 15/1. He starts legit screaming at this 13 year old, saying he should "STOP ACTING LIKE A BRAT!" and demanding he concede that he "JUST GOT LUCKY ROLLS!" and that he's not going to let some kid "RUN HIS FUCKING MOUTH!" at him.

The kid and his cousin left the store and we've never saw them again. Captain Yells-at-Children is still there and one of the many reasons I don't play at that shop anymore.

It has been explicitly stated since RT that the Ruinous Powers are
the greatest threat to the Imperium, and shall inevitably prevail
unless the Emperor Himself manages to outfox the gods. At the same
time, it is an immutable law of the Grimdark that Chaos TO&E is
overcosted and worthless for in-universe 'fluff' reasons that have
nothing to do with game balance or basic due diligence by GW devs.

Thoughts on nid players?

Anybody who gets mad while arguing fluff (whether attacking someone's or defending their own) is just a childish asshole.
It's a fantasy setting. Just enjoy it. If your headcannon doesn't match up with someone else's headcannon, don't try to force it.

Even xenolover I usually see get posted as a joke.
Most times someone starts throwing out "NPC race" though it's because they're butthurt about something.

When was that revealed? I thought Blood Ravens won Kronus and Guard won Kauruva?

Im mad as fuck bought these and never even got to use them, now they dont even have rules.

Sure buddy, it's the SMfags. Thread just opened and already you whining about SMfags, and I know you're not an SMfag, so it can't be them being the whiniest, because you're the whiniest fuck in here. You're whining right fucking now, and preemptively saying anyone calling you out on your whiny bitch ass is themselves a whiner.

How do you know he's a Space Marine player, faggot. Good job shooting yourself in the foot.

Are necrons the chillest?

I have legitimently had no problems with necrons.

They don't even have a stupid battlecry like WAAAGH! or for the Emperor!

SOI SOI SOI

>Be OP every edition
>But slightly less than eldar, so they get all the shit
>claim your skill has taken you far, when you had borderline broken lists, even now

Of course they are chill. They are serial rapists that go out every night and the police are too dumb to catch them, and nobody calls them out on their shit because theres always something sllllliiiiiiiiggggghhhhhhhhtttlllyyyyy worse out there to complain about first.

They're by far the WAACfags who keep it on the down low the most and have no retarded memes or shitposter. You never see anyone gloating about how their Necron list raped everyone in the store.

Although I did see some new players ask if Necrons are good because they keep losing with them, or one clueless guy claim Necrons suck in 8E, but these are not the norm.

Necronfags are the real "bros" unlike those faggot self-proclaimed "orkbros" who bitched and whined about their shit army for several years and talk shit about marinefags all day.

There are also Slaaneshfags who are at times nice or interesting but also constantly complaining like SoB about how they're going to never get anything new and everybody at GW is out to squat them.

As an Imperial Fist player the schadenfreude was real and delicious.

One shit necron codex and 3 months is all it would take for necron "bros" to show their real colors. Take it from someone who beat both necron regulars at the last tournament. Fucking whining about orks of all things.

>whine about Imperials spamming heresy memes, which are never even seen anymore
>it's okay for orks to spam ork memes and act like complete faggots and call themselves orkbros

I don't even play tabletop and I know this is the Kroot Konga Line.

You seem pretty tushy troubled there chum

Can I get a general list of complaints about the game?

the price
new books making old models illegal

The cunch and fluff don't align very well.

Basically take the game as the game and the lore as the lore and go in understanding that just because the Lore says X doesn't mean it will be reflected in the mechanics

Why would Deldar fag get salty about that? Even our choices says Deldar hump humans, basically.
T. Deldar fag

playing it against people, people are the worst.

I find it a bit hard to believe the store owner wouldn't have stepped in at that point.

For me its always the Space Wolf players, they always get salty if they cant get into melee and heaven forbid one fo their "special characters who are the best fighters ever" dies.

>new books making old models illegal
why lie on the internet user

>favorite loyalist legion is IF
>favorite traitor legion is AL
>favorite xenos is Orks
>own a bit of all three

mfw reading Praetorian of Dorn and The Beast Arises concurrently while the drama seeps into 40k/30k threads

t. NPC faction player

i play vanillas and even i take delight in this

PICKLE RICK

re-read my post
it's obvious he's a tau player

Dare I even ask how Alpha Legion players are seen?

they aren't

Dawn of War 3

B-because they play other armies in disguise, r-right?

no

The Tyranid player here believes that the table top represents nids clearly superior stats to everything and believes that they can never lose.

Like he utterly believes it's fine for a genestealers to kill terminators solo.

This week-end some Blood Angel player said he hoped the blood angels would get nice chapter tactics in the new codex.

I said that they should give them the same chapter tactic than to black templars and that having different color schemes should not warrant unique codices, and he became butthurt

A bit circlejerky. Sort of like how chaosfags think they can and will beat everything and that losses dont matter at all.

I'm an IG player but why would I even give a shit that orks won the campaign of DOW ?

>charge at guys with boyz on foot, more boyz in trukks

Gork bless him, that's adorable

what did he mean by this?

I met a guy the other day who played an ork horde list. He could not stop bitching about how bad his army was and how he could make better rules than GW. He won but still didn't stop bitching.

What the hell, I thought ork players were cool.

>3 years of constant "Emperium suck, Emperor suck, Chaos suck, I want Tau rifle"
Sounds like heresy to me. In a game of DH saying to don't love the Emperor and want xenotech is legitimate grounds for the Emperor's mercy.

>Like he utterly believes it's fine for a genestealers to kill terminators solo.
Thats how its been in fluff since day one.

Turns out you're both retarded, so sounds like he'd be a good match for you.

The key is realising that even if your faction loses, it makes for a fun narrative, like IG or SM doing heroic last stands, or CSM or Orkz fucking a system's boypussy so bad it won't recover for a millenia.

Jokingly mocking eachothers factions is good fun, it's when people start taking it seriously that it's time to abort.

Taufags are the worst.

Seeing their tears after markerlights and Riptides were nerfed into the ground made me erect.

I personally think taufags are the worst but IG can be pretty bad, and this is coming from an IG player

The butthurt came from people who wanted a confirmation of the fan theory that Vance Stubbs won Soulstorm. The confirmation that it was Gorgutz instead rustled the jimmies of these people (and adding in their reasons of why "DOW 3 IS A MOBA SHIT REEEEEEEEEEE)

Genestealers vs Terminators is as classic as it gets.

enjoy them as terrain user

Sure but hoards of them vs a group of terminators. He thinks it's ok for one non broodlord to kill a whole squad. Things like that, or that grey knight paladins couldn't fight a lictor or a primarch is no match for a hive tyrant.

I don't disagree with you know, space hulk.

My favorite picture of all 40k history... every face on there is worth 1000keks each.

context of this image?

>"DOW 3 IS A MOBA SHIT REEEEEEEEEEE"
DoW III might not be a MOBA, but it is a shit. It removes everything that made I and II good (if very different games) and adds nothing but better graphics.

The lad in the white shirt is playing White Scars. You can see them on the blue tray. White Scars are allowed to put their entire force on bikes, because they are future Mongolians. If there whole force is on bikes, they can deploy at the beginning of the 2nd turn. This let's them position their force to fuck you at maximum velocity.

The smiling gentlemen is playing Tau. His kroot are allowed to deploy anywhere on the board as long they are X inches (can't remember what it was at the time), away from any enemy model. Because there are no enemy models on the board, he put them in a congo line on the opposite map edge.

The White Scars can not enter the board, because they can't deploy on top of the Kroot. Tau wins by default.

Kek thanks for the explanation.

I don't like the tau, but God damn this is priceless.
Extra points for the TO wearing the faggy safety vest

If I am not mistaken the actual reason that the Kroot player won has to do with the objectives rather than the opponent not being ale to place, since the list that the White Scars player brought included deep strikers too.

Depends on the store. Some owners are push-overs because That Guy is a loyal customer. It can be tough choosing between a good community and alienating some of your main sources of profit. It's not like an flgs is the biggest business around.

Nothing in that tray has deep strike. Unless he had other models in his list, he was coming in from his table edge.

sort of justified in how they are constantly depicted as the endless swarm that recycles all their casualties

I dig Mandos, but I understand they are secon tier dudes in regards to plot, and also assholes who started shit with the republic because they are basically space steppe nomads that like starting shit.
I was basically drawn in by story time with uncle Canderous.