What power armor pattern is your favorite?

What power armor pattern is your favorite?

Mine is the heresy pattern

MkIII. Just... not FW's MkIII.

Always and forever Beakie.

MkVII or MkVIII I think

Mark 7, Mark 6.

The worst of MKVI still looks good IMO, but the best of it doesn't reach amazing heights.
The worst of MVIII looks like dogshit, but the best of it looks on-fucking-fleek.
So, those two really, edging towards III

I am in lesbians with Mk IV Maximus.

>What power armor pattern is your favorite?
>Mine is the heresy pattern

You are a man of superior taste
Sadly, FW kind of screwed up the Heresy armor and made it look a lot thinner than the original metals, but they still look nice

That model looks fucking cash money.

Mk.III is the height of power armour aesthetics
>sexy grilled helm
>clearly sci-fi but with knightly visuals
>smooth frontal plates with banded rears
Yummy

mk III ofc

the flesh is weak!

Mk.III

That's MK.II you bloody drongo!

Hehe, sorry not sorry.

I had one of those models in metal as a child, I fucked it up good with glue and paint, I wish I still had it.

Mark X. Not even memeing. I love Mk IV and MK VIII and Mk X slammed my favorite parts of both together.

Really?

I think it's stupid generic, the older models have a bit more character.

The reason I will never buy primaris is because they don't have the older models of power armor.

If they had crawl upgraded armor I'd totally buy some though

you could do some conversions, like file down the aquilla on the chest and use another helmet and switch the pauldrons

The Primaris armour is great. Up there with the Heresy armour.

Gundam face is best face

When chapter upgrade sprues (REAL ones, not this new ultracrap) come out, then we'll probably see real chapter identity expressed in them.
I do really hope when horus heresy 2.0 happens MK11 will be the new MKV, cheap shitty armour that's backwards compatable with older marks, so we'll see beakie marines, crusader marines, and studded armour panels again. Because what is the point in keeping heads and shoulders the same size if they're never going to use that.

Mark IX.
(That's a joke, but my local GW manager was talking to Jes Goodwin a couple of weeks ago, and apparently they do have Mk9 designed that we'll never get to see.)

I liked the MkIII style legs, with the solid plate at the front and the segmented part at the back. And the flared knee pads, which you can see on some older MkIII models, like one of the Masters of the Chapter. Not a fan of the helmet, though. Looks like a MkIV ran into a wall face first.

>we'll never get to see

There will never be a day GW doesn't want to make money.

>apparently they do have Mk9 designed that we'll never get to see
Though pic related was the same question I asked when they skipped straight to 10

>not anteater face

0/10, would not noot-noot.

Agreed. I've always hated the frownmarine helmets

Because MkX looks cooler sounding.

They'll get that MkIX put into use sooner or later. Either it's gonna be a new mark for the regular marinelets to make them a bit more tacticool once the kits get updates once again. Or it's going to be an alternative suit for primarines. Maybe an earlier, more advanced for mass production suit for officers (2+ save and all) or a simpler MkV style budget armour for when the going gets tough and more suits are needed to bolster the ranks.

I'm leaning towards it being a Primaris suit, because primarines have taken a much more modern tacticool scifi look to them, and I think GW wants this to be their style, rather than a whole new style for all space marines. Regular SM can stay as space knights, and primarines carry some of that legacy with their trinkets and markings, but with vertical grips on their guns, tactical rails, attachments and shit, it's clear their style is their own.

MK II is objectively the best.

Too bad the models are shit. They all skipped leg day.

And they don't have the right bolters.

Kromlech makes pretty sweet MkII style legs. Too bad there 2 actually good pairs per set of 6, and none in the biker legs. They all have some stupid extra plates strapped to them. Makes me angry that I can't do any good looking MkIIs.

Are bolsters worth buying from forge world?

If so which is the pattern to buy?

Is it worth spending money to make an alternate power armor squad?

It's just aesthetics. How can we possibly answer those questions, you silly cunt? Choose what you like best and decide if it's worth the money.

Tigrus and Phobos are available in plastic through the BaC and BoP box sets.

Helmet: Mk IV with vertical or no slits
Chest: Mk V
Arms: Doesn't matter, but Mk V or anything not Mk IV
Legs: Mk V
Shoulders: Mk III
Backpack: Mk III

I just buy a couple off eBay for variety. Some of the FW ones come with bayonets, and I bought a couple packs when they first came out, but I don't think they're particularly worth it. The appeal wears off after a while. I actually think the generic plastic bolters are more interesting now since I have so few of them on my models.

Aegis armor is technically the MkIX

In all these years GW cant eaven come close to make model as cool as this one again

The Aegis is a pattern of the Mk 6.