What's a good name for a space military branch? Spartans and Space Marines seem a bit on the nose...

What's a good name for a space military branch? Spartans and Space Marines seem a bit on the nose. I was thinking Dragoons or Legionaries. What are your thoughts?

Expeditionary Force

I mean, it's kind of generic, don't you think?

Frontiersmen
Far Recon
Floaters
i dunno

United Nations Colonial Legion Etranger.

Astromen
Cosmic Knights
StarSoldiers
Rocketeers
Stardust Troopers
The Queen's Grand Nova Police
Hypersonic FagMasters
Spacedudes
Solar Rangers
The Astronautic Militants
Riders of the Hyperlight Fantastic
The Extra-Orbital Defences Squadron
Void Marshals
Space Force
The Outer Lancers
Conquistadors
Space Cowboys
Astro Cossacks
Neo-Paladins
Hyper-Pilgrims
Corsairs
Mongol Hordes
The Wildcats
System Patrol
Meteormasters
Xenoslayers
Xenolayers
Power Rangers
Super Troopers
Planet Busters
Bannermen (of INSERT PLANET HOMEWORLD HERE)
Sperm of the Earth
Egg Knights
Vacuumen
Warriors of Light
The 5th Merchant Marines
Landers
Soldier-Astronomers
The Blackmen
The Earth Solar Legion
Flash's Disciples
The Buckaroos
The Helions
The Lions of High Orbit
Jupiter's Most Excellent Mercenary Collective
Sailors of the Sea of Stars
Gunners of the Unknown
The Blind Pilot's Armada
Spacemen

Frontiersmen is nice.

Doesn't roll off the tongue well.

>Hypersonic FagMasters
>Xenolayers
Damn fine police work, Johnson, damn fine.

Spacey

Let's look at the etymology of the current three main branches of the military.

>Army
>From Old French Armée
>From Latin Armata
>Meaning armed

>Navy
>From Old French Navie
>Meaning fleet or ship

>Air force
>Force of the air
>Consisting of squadrons
>From Italian squadra
>Meaning square (probably relating to pike squares or some shit)

The pattern is obvious: use a Romance language term (preferably French) and rape the shit out of it. Let's put this method into practice, shall we?
>One of the words referring to a spaceship in French is spationef [yeah, I know. It's silly]
>The spatial branch of the armed forces is now known as the the spationefry/spationeffery/spationerry/spationeffy
Pick whichever you prefer

Nobody even use spationef in French, perfect.

It's more about the abbreviation...

Legions astartes? Space marines? Terran orthodoxy interstellar enforcement division, Frankish alliance of God's Soldiers or F,A,G,S for short.

What's wrong with UNCLE?

The Committee for the Liberation and Integration of Terrifying Organisms and their Rehabilitation Into Society

>Frontiersmen is nice.

What about Grenzers? Means essentially the same thing and has historical precedent as use as a military term.

Cool

Astronaut?
Cosmonair?

Helljumpers/Helldivers, a purely drop-pod based military branch.

Espatiers?

>Espatiers?
I love it! Sounds like some sort of specialized space-centric infantry, the space equivalent of the marine corps or fallschirmjäger.

>Power Rangers
I like this one.

Strike/drop trooper, Strikers, Guardsmen, Troopers, Legionnaires.
I prefer generic terms unless the unit has some resemblance to their name, calling an infantry unit the name of a historical cavalry unit or vice versa is dumb.
That being said, some stuff is now so dated or generic as to render its original usage irrelevant, Fusiliers & Dragoons, for example, are both descriptors for irrelevant concepts, everyone has fusils, all infantry is mounted

Cossacks
Hussars
Sentinals
Cosmonauts
Privateers

>Democracy for all!
Damn, imagining drop-pod based doctrine makes me tingle. It's just so cool. It's not just bombardment and it's not just equipment and personnel delivery, it's both at the same time in the same package. How dope is that?

>Riders of the Hyperlight Fantastic
>Planet Busters
These guys sound like fantastic people. I don't even just mean as soldiers, yeah sure they'd probably be operator as fuck, but just imagine their mannerisms and the way they'd act.
Riders of the Hyperlight Fantastic probably moonlight as a synth power ballad band, all dressed in bright spacefuture outfits.
Planet Busters would just be martial metal with a bit of power metal in there, decked out in Helldiver gear, capes and shit.

Astronautica
Void Divers
Star Marines
Starblazers

Orbital Marines
Royal Deep Space Sappers
Interstellar Scouts
Raumfahrjaeger
Royal Orbital Bombardiers

America will be calling their's the US Space Corps

Damn you. Damn you to hell if they do.

I've always been partial to calling regiments "Rifles" like the King's African Rifles and similar battalions. So you could call your space military branch the Queen's Cosmic Rifles or something similar depending on what weaponry they use and who rules them. Come to think of it, you could easily call them the Star Battalion, "battalion" is a cool word.