/whg/ Warmahordes General

>There wasn't one up edition

I don't have the copypasta, but I'm sure some kind user will post it.

Tips on using Grymkin? Just got into the army (Menoth and Cyriss player) and I already have a problem retaining things I hear without a lot of repetition so I'm just having a hard time grasping all of their rules and how they work together.

Also, if somebody wants to post some good quality battle reports for them where the commentators don't just start BSing about unrelated stuff halfway through the match leaving the viewer with no idea what's going on (looking at you, PrivateerPressPrime), that'd be neat.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9mZLbyizm40
conflictchamber.com
discord.gg/KmXzbwD
textuploader
youtube.com/user/PrivateerPressPrime
files.privateerpress.com/op/errata/WMH-Errata-January-2017-2.pdf
files.privateerpress.com/op/errata/Theme Forces.pdf
privateerpress.com/organized-play/steamroller-tournaments
privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?4313-Table-Of-Contents-For-All-No-Quarter-Issues
warmachine.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page
files.privateerpress.com/allnewwar/Prime.pdf
files.privateerpress.com/allnewwar/Primal.pdf
drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B5OHGgAx7q66NUdvUFp3LWVQRlE&usp=drive_web
charbon-et-charentaise.org/blog/content/app-release.apk
www20.zippyshare.com/v/1tLOuOW7/file.html
www20.zippyshare.com/v/LToez2J8/file.html
www20.zippyshare.com/v/dAMPtJKy/file.html
www104.zippyshare.com/v/aG3otFxu/file.html
www93.zippyshare.com/v/cJMBctzR/file.html
www92.zippyshare.com/v/JI62A5Ll/file.html
www42.zippyshare.com/v/kAGpNygA/file.html
www108.zippyshare.com/v/9gF1X7iU/file.html
www3.zippyshare.com/v/tBkUxma2/file.html
pastebin.com/XPKMKYUc
pastebin.com/6D1fwSgv
pastebin.com/KxkzfnXj
discountgamesinc.com/featured-products/presale-legion-of-everblight-50-point-army-box-may-2017-pip73991.html
www52.zippyshare.com/v/Gl4jIyVv/file.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Grymkin are a lot more dependent on thier warcaster than some other factions. The infantry are decent but thier lack of options has them need thier warlock to be able to level the playing field with thier arcana. After that it depends on which caster you are using, since there are only two out Heretic and Child, it comes down to do you want to play a beast heavy army or an infantry heavy army.

I'd say they look to be pretty tough. They have some options that are just "Faction Icons" in other factions.

Infinitely spawning infantry (So really they can generate their own corpses if need be), a Arm Aura. Enrage, Resource re-allocation tools. Plus their beasts are already pretty self-sufficient on their own.

If you got the all in one army box then you will probably be playing infantry heavy at 50pts till the rest of thier releases come out. The heretic is does well with this and is a legit caster especially with arcana. I can't wait till murder crows get released and I can arc Fury onto an ambush unit. Still if you are looking for battle reports the PP has a decent one on YouTube with The child vs Axis that was pretty well done.

Yep and with imp spawn they can reasonably interrupt most jack spam.

Where is this game not dead ?

New theme stuff:
youtube.com/watch?v=9mZLbyizm40

Mk3 list building:conflictchamber.com

Warmahords chat:discord.gg/KmXzbwD

Warmachine/Hordes Books, No Quarter, & IKRPG
textuploader com / d0thm

PP Youtube
youtube.com/user/PrivateerPressPrime

Latest Errata: January 2017
files.privateerpress.com/op/errata/WMH-Errata-January-2017-2.pdf

Theme Forces:
files.privateerpress.com/op/errata/Theme Forces.pdf

Steamroller Rules
privateerpress.com/organized-play/steamroller-tournaments

Table of contents for all NQ issues
privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?4313-Table-Of-Contents-For-All-No-Quarter-Issues

Lexicanum Iron Kingdoms Fluff wiki:
warmachine.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page

MK3 RULES:
files.privateerpress.com/allnewwar/Prime.pdf
files.privateerpress.com/allnewwar/Primal.pdf
drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B5OHGgAx7q66NUdvUFp3LWVQRlE&usp=drive_web

Warmachine/Hordes Army Creator (WHAC) .apk
charbon-et-charentaise.org/blog/content/app-release.apk

>Mk3 Trollbloods Command
www20.zippyshare.com/v/1tLOuOW7/file.html

>Mk3 Protectorate Command
www20.zippyshare.com/v/LToez2J8/file.html

>Mk3 Circle Orboros Command
www20.zippyshare.com/v/dAMPtJKy/file.html

>Mk3 Cygnar Command
www104.zippyshare.com/v/aG3otFxu/file.html

>Mk3 Legion of Everblight Command
www93.zippyshare.com/v/cJMBctzR/file.html

>Mk3 Khador Command
www92.zippyshare.com/v/JI62A5Ll/file.html

>Mk3 Cryx Command
www42.zippyshare.com/v/kAGpNygA/file.html

>Mk3 Retribution of Scyrah Command
www108.zippyshare.com/v/9gF1X7iU/file.html

>Mk3 Grymkin Command
www3.zippyshare.com/v/tBkUxma2/file.html

>Abridged Mk2 Lore

Gargantuans:
pastebin.com/XPKMKYUc

Exigence:
pastebin.com/6D1fwSgv

Devestaton:
pastebin.com/KxkzfnXj

Are you ready anons?

Holden the Hollowed
>Grymkin Model
Spd 7, Str 4, Mat 5, Rat 7, Def 15, Arm 13, Cmd 7
Damage boxes 5
PC: 4
FA: C
Small Base

Apparition
Prowl
Sacrifician Pawn [Hollowmen]
Eyeless Sight

>Trench Knife
Rng 0.5", Pow 3, PS 7

>Hunting Rifle
Rng 14, Rof 1, Pow 10, Damage Type: Magical, Attack Type: Deadly Shot, Inflict Pain, Uncanny Precision (warjack hit gains unstable and cannot be used to channel spells)

I kind of wish this guy would work for Grymkin. Because duh?

I had this idea for kind of a "death star". Not really feasible due to requiring a lot of setup and it would fall apart if your enemy had any kind of decent ranged game, but here goes:

King of Nothing
x5 Crabbits
x1 Dread Rots
x2 Piggybacks
x2 Death Knell

Run everyone right up the middle, Piggybacks shield wall in front of the Death Knells while getting +2 armor from each of them with Dread Rots plug up the gaps left by the Piggybacks (or generate corpses if the need arises). Crabbits just hop back and forth generating fury so King can spam fog walls and maybe take the occasional hit.

The +2 armor won't stack, not only that but you need a cage rager or two to are the spells KoN is going to get for free when your crabbits die.

>The +2 armor won't stack

Oh, I didn't realize that.
Alright, so I can lose one of the Death Knells and a unit of Crabbits to throw in 2 Cage Ragers.

Because he's a Thamarite which is an entirely different thing?
He's a necromancer not a fae.

Honestly, they also don't need dark shroud access. They hit ridiculously hard already.

Seems a little strong. And speed 7 on a hollowman seems weird.

>blatantly steal the design for something from another company
>Make it look shitty

Bravo PP.

And what company would that be?
If you say League I'm going to kick you in the nuts.

I think he's talking about dreamer from Malifaux.

Whoah cute kiddo, you think the monsters breed him retarded?

Also potentially a bit of this.

I like the 1E Storm the most, but I think that the 2E Snow is better. Ideally you would keep Storm and swap her out for the newer Snow.

So what's the general consensus on Not Malifux?

It's shit.

They should have focused on existing factions instead desu.

It's a faction that needed an ass-pull to be justified lore-wise and aesthetic-wise.
It was Jason Soles idea.
Most of their names are witless puns.

The rules are pretty good but on all other measures, it' s shit.

From the mouth down these things just look like Troll Whelps.

Which is funny because there is also "The Dreamer" in Grymkin.

I don't mind it because its meta warping. It's primarily infantry focused but doesn't require magic weapons or RFP like Ghost fleet.

So gives anti infantry options allot more spin. The way the Arcana

Honestly, MOST of them look Aesthetically FINE (Some like the Frightmare look great). It's the shitty puns and the few exceptions that really muck it up.

In my opinion, nightmare makes for a better "The Child" then the child does.

Really it's the Neigh Slayers, and Pigs that just look awful. It's the shitty puns that serve as the cherries.
So Il be heavily modding Neigh Slayers and the Pigs.

>It was Jason Soles idea.
Who is Jason Soles and why is he hated?

The guy that made warmachine and hordes a game.

He's this guy. Lead developer for WMH, """"artist"""", supreme edgelord, and has a cat skeleton on his desk. He also has a shitty attitude towards the playerbase and REEEEEEs whenever criticised.

This little fucker will blow up you warjacks and you cant do nothing...

>comparing Soles to the Crow

Hey man, that's unfair, the Crow doesn't deserve that.

Shieldguard

Hi Anons

New to the game I wonder if the army box 2017 contains metal units or the new plastic duo kits. Same for the warbeasts. Thanks

discountgamesinc.com/featured-products/presale-legion-of-everblight-50-point-army-box-may-2017-pip73991.html

Pure garbage in terms of lore, theme and visual design. Rules are okay, but nothing that would make me want to play them even if they didn't suffer from the above shit.
The fact that they've been working on these fuckers for ages now, funneling resources away from other factions, and this is the best they could come up with is just insult to injury.

Really, thematically nothing about this faction works. Concepts that are great in small skirmish games and such, like the various horror elements, loose their impact on any scale larger than a few dudes: That Leatherface-looking motherfucker with the knife over there? A lot less scary when you and your twenty of your mates wear powerarmor and your best friend is a six-ton deathbot.
Nevermind that several other factions do the horror angle better. Everblight, Cryx, Blightwater, Cephalyx and even Skorne all are scarier and have a better unifying theme.

Stick with Malifaux or Chaos.

Should be the newest kits for the American boxes.

>and REEEEEEs whenever criticised
Is there a screencap collection of funny Solesposting somewhere?

Anything that doesn't have a plastic version is metal, plastic otherwise.

Most places it wasn't before?

I feel like they could have been a Circle Ouroboros addon. Between Circle and Grymkin you've basically got the complete 'Creepy shit in the woods' horror collection and the fluff wouldn't have required much at all to justify them.

I mean the Old Witch used to be Circle and she's now Grymkin. Have her go back to being Khador/Circle and bring them back with her.

They fight with Ouroboros for the 'Reaper' theme too, which hurts them.

Some of the older NQ issues are dead. Can someone re up? Looking for #28 in particular

Here ya go.
www52.zippyshare.com/v/Gl4jIyVv/file.html

Isn't that the case for a fair amount of Grymkin? I remember seeing one warlock compared to the Dark Apostle from 40k.

OK give Grymkin its shit, but are you saying they are not allowed to do ANYTHING visually that might look like something else?

That's like saying Wyrd Games ripped off Warmachine in their new Other Side Game because there are walking giant robots that have machine guns and tri walkers that look like the stuff of the Convergence.

Breaking news: everything looks a bit like something else if you squint hard enough.

Oh, good catch, I didn't even think of Circle's 'reaper'- ,'wild thing in the woods'- and 'werewolf'-themes. That's another black mark against the Grymkin.

The circle doesnt have a reaper thing. Again, the grymkin deserve shit, but dont kick on them for what they dont do.

Actually, the various druids do have a little bit of a reapermen theme going on, what with their cloaks and polearms.

That's some shitty charadesign alright.

They have a rather reaper look going on with the druids/tharn. It might not be deliberate but between the scythe-like polearms, heavy cloaks and all the 'Kill dude, harvest their life' in the devourer side it's a bit of thematic overlap the Grymkin could have easily latched onto to just be Circle stuff.

That and the scarecrows/mannikins/wolds. They'd have been a bit of a new look for a sub-group of Circle but they'd have fit in fine. The Lord of the Feast would have fit in wonderfully with most Grymkin stuff for example.

>Honestly, MOST of them look Aesthetically FINE
Doesn't change the fact that it veers away from the overall aesthetic and feel of WMH. Hence the "They were unleashed from another realm by the old witch as a necessity" excuse used to justify their existence.
Like you couldn't do a google search? He has a deviantart account and his smug face is among the first results. (It's the guy with a failed mohawk)
sums it up pretty well.

Well, there was a lot in the old forums, but the old forum is kill and CID is deletefest.

You can see him being a fuck up and being dodgy in the AMA session he did in Reddit a year back.

Another day, another Warmahordes general derailed by assholes.

If you wanna blame anyone for the game losing players, blame the people who can't talk about it without whining like faggots.

Thats kinda a stretch. Its mystical robes and magic staves.

Everything about oroboros communicates life. Its vibrant and energetic, even if its brutal. Even the guy from the desert with a scythe looks healthy and chill.

What do you think caused all the complaints?

That's right, PP turning the game into shit and talking shit.

You lose players when you make a shit game that players can't trust the developers for, and PP aren't EA or CAPCOM who've had decades of multiple beloved IPs to fall back on or the money to fuck around with.

But what if I think it's not a fucking problem?

I think MKIII is better then MKII
I think Grymkin are fine sans a few real duds.

They added a new limited aesthetic. And I'm GOOD with that. They're mixing it up in a limited amount just like with the Convergence of Cyriss.

Jason soles sucks at mechanics. So he fucking left and hasn't showed up since on CID or on imageboards and the game design has progressed much smoother and better since.

But the bitterness is like PP hurt them personally or something.

>another black mark against the Grymkin
>black mark
>black
just what we always wanted

Then you are an oddity.

And frankly, PP/Soles did hurt people directly. Hurling insult at the Skorne playerbase as they "don't like options" while freely admitting that they didn't know what they were doing for them.

Convergence not only existed in the fluff before, but they were actually an organization, not a group of hodge podge monsters who have no relations to each other.

>Goth cred sufficient did we lack / till gave did you to us this mark of black

>I think MKIII is better then MKII
>I think Grymkin are fine sans a few real duds.
Okay, good for you, but a significant part of the playerbase loathes both.

>They're mixing it up in a limited amount...
Yes, why focus on the already established factions that still need work? It's much more sensible to release a faction nobody wanted.

Or actually release a faction that fans care about like Infernals or Zu

>Then you are an oddity.
Except when I'm not. How do you get to determine what the fanbase likes or not?

I mean how else do new things advance if not by doing something new? Everblight made his army by breaking the draconic established fluff, and combining a bunch of rag tag groups together. Elves broke tradition with their Myrmodons. Convergence was never an organized army (Just a bunch of cults).

You can say it is bad, and I can see good arguments for it, but you treat any of your own opinions as a definitive.

>Yes, why focus on the already established factions that still need work?
Because that's now how release schedules work?

Im not saying the Grymkin release was in any manner timely, and they where in the works for pretty much years before the release of MKIII. You either pretty much have to shelve years of work, and start addressing problems that the community is divided about.

Il say it simply, the biggest problems of MKIII come from a lack of a larger scale player betatest.

>I mean how else do new things advance if not by doing something new?
New =/= good. I have never killed someone, but I get the distinct impression that this would not be a healthy hobby for me to start.

>Il say it simply, the biggest problems of MKIII come from a lack of a larger scale player betatest.
And stirring the pot for no reason. Pre-CID Madrak 1 being the greatest of example of "why the fuck"

>New =/= good.
And thats FINE. That's fine to say you think its bad.

It more bothers me when it starts to accrue more hate than it deserves. Malifaux comparisons are mostly well deserved.

Like people saying "Being reapers is the circles thing!" despite them visually not being Reapers at all. Or how a priest looks like a warhammer priest so ripoff (No one priest is allowed to look like another priest, thats the law).

>And stirring the pot for no reason.
Yes. But Im glad to see things moving in a better direction.

Im not saying there are not problems, but few people here even seem to read the mechanics in depth, and just come to bitch and then bounce.

The problem I see is that all the models in the grymkin faction feel like they don't belong together.

Even in the origional dnd setting these were all individual monsters.

It just doesn't feel like the warlocks are something that ties them together.

Hell these would have been great as some form of minions subfaction.

Imagine that you could have one monster helping someone in exchange for some horrible price asked of the actual caster.

It's because context is important.

Grymkin would've been met with meh at most in mkii because the game was mostly well received and this was before PP made grandiose promises and insulted their customer base.

Now it's mkiii where like an overfunded kickstarter, the promises weren't met, developers have revealed themselves to be asshats, there's crippling issues and uneven game state and then in a time of crisis, they revealed a mediocre product that obviously took time away from normal development of existing issues.

Honestly, comparing it to Mighty No 9 is disturbingly apt.

SHUT UP

WHAT ARE YOU DUMB IDIOTS PAINTING RIGHT NOW???1121/!?!??

That's why I would've loved Infernals as a faction.

Arcana would've been great "bad things happen to you when you do things you aren't supposed to"

All true. Legitimate points. I dunno just whinyness really gets to me.

Paintin MOW. In preparation, but also in general. I love these guys.

Priming various Fane Knights again, goddamn humid weather

I've test-painted 6 different schemes on CoC models. Still haven't found one I liked.

I have a few Cyriss models to paint up.
what colours have you tried so far?

Not that Annon but I recommend less shiny bits. The clockwork aspect can get swallowed up by the magic glowing paint scheme.

>Infernals as a faction
I wonder how many times PP will have to say this isn't happening before people stop asking for it?

Tired a bronze statue look (too bright), borg color scheme (meh), ceramic white (poor technique ruined it for me), book-standard (too...standard), shades of grey (most likely), and I was recently attempting a deep red, which is passable but not great.

>ITT a bunch of try hards bitching about new stuff

Why are any of you even here? Go play the game or find something else to do

Dunno, how often did players have to ask before PP decided to implement the Grymkin?

I recall some people asking for Monsternomicon stuff, but I didn't think you could core a faction on it.

Have you tried molten hot?

Dull Iron on the outside, hot FIRE on the inside?

>Don't complain! Everything is fine! Why are you complaining online about the game? Didn't I say everything is fine?

They didn't have to

We have no idea what PPs longterm plans are.

The idea for colossal's started around the release of MKII. And it took like 3 years for them to be finalized.

>I'd rather stew in unnecessary negativity than do anything positive with my spare time

Khador stuff. Bombardiers, Behemoth, Ruin, Grolar, and a Decimator.

That damn Decimator has me praying for the inevitable switch to a polystyrene kit like they're doing with the Slayer, but in terms of remaking warjacks as HIPS multi-kits Convergence needs to happen sooner rather than later.

Got his card just before L&L. Dude is a monster

They're awesome and a ton of fun to play. The models are pretty good but i haven't had a chance to actually paint anything yet. The ones I've seen paint up nicely though.

Game play wise you're going to need a plan for them. If you go in blind or unprepared you're going to have a bad time

Hrm. Interesting idea. I might have to try that.

> Sideways picture.

Literally kill yourself.

You are ten times worse than Hitler.

Been working on Goreshade4. Finished him but only have in-progress pics.

Dude, I'm playing other shit. I'm having fun not playing Warmachine.

well, a fey army itself isn't a bad idea, but why the fuck would decapitated horse cav be a thing and why would seperate pigmen be a thing when an entire faction of pigmen exist?

So fucking dumb.

I'm here to keep updated on the game and to see when it will die. I've generally been smart in game selection for getting what I want out of it and I'm eager to see the aftermath of my failures.

Just not spend more than one focus?

Then why are you even here

Is this is a list that could work under Helynna, or is colossal + lightspam strictly Vyros territory?

Retribution of Scyrah
Theme: Forges of War
3 / 3 Free Cards 75 / 75 Army
Magister Helynna - WJ: +30
- Sylys Wyshnalyrr, The Seeker - PC: 0
- Hyperion - PC: 36 (Battlegroup Points Used: 30)
- Manticore - PC: 14
- Gorgon - PC: 9
- Griffon - PC: 8
- Chimera - PC: 8

Arcanist Mechanik - PC: 2
Arcanist Mechanik - PC: 2
Arcanist Mechanik - PC: 0
House Shyeel Artificer - PC: 0
House Shyeel Battle Mages - Leader & 5 Grunts: 10

I've got two Hydras, a Phoenix, and a bunch of Vyreskub available as well. But according to le interwebs Hydras are inferior to a trio of Manticores, which I don't own.

To watch the game die or get an announcement for a new edition.

>see when it will die
You're going to be waiting for a while

>and to see when it will die

Yeah, just like the bitter old ex-GW players who insisted over and over that 40k was going to die within six months, only this time for sure, honest.