Wazzock edition

Wazzock edition

> Resources (Crunch, Lore and Warhammer Fantasy Role-play)
WFB: pastebin.com/8rnyAa1S
WFRP: pastebin.com/0e6RuQux
Novels: mega.nz/#F!9Lw1WIRZ!eKxkOlAQwuZO3_8pHOK-EQ

> We're looking for these novels for the archive
pastebin.com/TSQhemJR

> Alternative Warhammer Miniatures and Manufacturers
pastebin.com/CvGaNyrk
the-ninth-age.com/lexicon/index.php?lexicon/462-the-9th-age-miniature-library/
tabletop-miniatures-solutions.com/13-the-9th-age
Tomb Kings Alternative: indiegogo.com/projects/tms-undying-dynasties-army-release#/
Bretonnia Alternative: indiegogo.com/projects/tms-kingdom-of-equitaine-army-release

> The 9th Age
the-ninth-age.com

> Warhammer Wikis
warhammerfb.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Wiki (most complete)
whfb.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page
warhammeronline.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Online_Wiki

> Warhammer Video Games
Total War Warhammer: store.steampowered.com/app/364360/
Vermintide: store.steampowered.com/app/235540/
Mordheim City of the Damned: store.steampowered.com/app/276810/
Bloodbowl 2: store.steampowered.com/app/236690/
Man O' War: store.steampowered.com/app/344240/
Return of Reckoning: returnofreckoning.com/
Snotling Fling: itunes.apple.com/us/app/warhammer-snotling-fling/id901638145?mt=8

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/84999/warhammer-fantasy-roleplay-2e
kickstarter.com/projects/1516875985/tms-vampire-covenant-army
reapermini.com/FigureFinder#search/Vampire Melee
the-ninth-age.com/lexicon/index.php?entry/2223-miniatures-vampiric-knights/
the-ninth-age.com/lexicon/index.php?entry/2170-miniatures-midnight-aristocracy/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Is the White Dwarf officially in Total Warhammer?

>>no subject
Wazzock!

What do you think Grombindal's been there this whole time for? There's even some tongue-in-cheek reference to a Black Goblin he hates.

I don't remember seeing any of that but I only got to play TW for a few months after release before my main computer bricked.

>no subject
Grobi level intellect.

HEY FAGGOTS. WANNA PLAY WARHAMMER FANTASY ROLEPLAY 2E?

Yeah, he's in it as a dwarf legendary lord.

>Preparing to run campaign for my players
>Altdorf-born Bounty Hunter who hates his profession, Middenlanders, dwarves, and wishes he remained as an Initiate with his friend
>Young Middenlander Squire serving a Knight Panther who are both inadvertently pawns of the Yellow Fang
>A romantic Laurelorn Kithband Warrior with nat20 ballistic skill and a hate for Beastmen
> And a beautiful, promiscuous Wissenland Barber-Surgeon forced to serve as a spy for Kislev to monitor the activities of the Empire and remnants of the Storm of Chaos

This will be interesting.

Get rid of the elf and you've got an interesting group.

Ya fucked it up, dwarf! HAW!

They sound like a fun group.

Give the elves a chance, man. If anything having a little racial variety in Warhammer is so interesting just because it's so rare and you can't just treat everyone normally like in D&D.

I have a hard rule in my games -- no elves. They're OP in 2e, anyway. But I also stick to the 50% humans rule. So I get Dwarves/Halflings.

Is that green-dressed lady between the Chaos Warrior and Bretonnian supposed to be an Ogre?

Yup.

Just started running a WHFRP 2e game with a bunch of people whose only exposure to Warhammer was through a few Dark Heresy games. I started them off with Pretty Things from the GM guide. Our entirely randomized group of PCs are...

>Altdorf born Kithband Warrior with wild ass BS
>Lauelorn rogue who is extremely young and fragile
>Human apprentice wizard from Ostermark, party conscience
>Human roadwarden, also from Ostermark. Her horse has gotten more kills than anyone in the party so far
>Dwarf sailor, originally from Karak Hirn, somehow ended up in Nordland, unknowingly being played perfectly by the biggest grudge holding drunkard I know

I wasn't really expecting this many non-humans but things have been going pretty well. First session ended with the party rescuing the girl from the goblins and arriving at Ossino. Any advice for roping these fresh faces into the setting a little more?

>Altdorf-born kithband
>young Wood Elf

fucking really?

Also at least 50% of the party is supposed to be human in any Warhammer Fantasy game.

Something's fucky if you have a city-born elf that's also a Kithband Warrior, that career is supposed to automatically make you from a forest retreat. Not a problem, strictly speaking, though.

Fuck off.

Strange things happen when you leave your fate to the dice.

I reasoned the Kithband away as being born in Altdorf, then bugging out at a young age to get in touch with his roots, eventually tracking down a Kithband that his ancestors were involved with. I know it's not perfect, but I'm the only one at the table who's remotely familiar with the setting so I'm playing kind of fast and loose whenever I can't immediately remember a bit of lore.

What's wrong with a young wood elf?

>>What's wrong with a young wood elf?
Oh absolutely nothing, my friend.

>somebody doesn't know what the fuck they're talking about -- or appear to respect the game.

I had that same issue with my group of players. I simply made the rule "No Elves" because I knew that I'd have at least one "le cool immortal warrior" or "LEGOLAS" type. And that none of them could effectively pull off the personality of any of the elf breeds in Warhammer.

As for young elves -- comes off wrong. They're eons-old and typically look upon humanity with little more than scorn.

She's probably centuries old.

"Respect" has nothing to do with it, you autistic retard, rule of the dice is a valid way to construct a party.

Nah. Not really. The rules have enough rolling in them. One of the hard and fast rules is a 50% human party, to represent the make-up of the Empire.

When I say "young" I think the guy rolled 95 years old on the age table, which is like 18 in human years.

No such rule exists. This isn't your hugbox, dude.

Keep in mind Warhammer years are 400 days, not 365, so their characters are (slightly) older than they seem.

>using hugbox wrong

Are you new here?

Carnac hasn't even shown up yet, why is the thread dying?

Because there's no subject in the OP post.

Forgot to mention, the guy playing the Kithband is doing a pretty good job of playing a WH elf despite not knowing the setting. All I had to do was tell him elves are haughty isolationists with a superiority complex and he's been running with it. I would have encouraged more humans if I felt like the players were just gonna do tired fantasy race stereotypes instead of the Warhammer version of tired fantasy race stereotypes.

I made the thread too fast - I think the bigger problem is that I didn't manage to link back to the last thread.

I do wish the player didn't roll such a position that makes him seem snowflake-y, as he's a good player, but it's what he got.

My Barber-Surgeon player doesn't seem too enthusiastic about their role, so I'll have figure out how to both put in the spin of her being a Kislevian sloot agent, as well as having her keep up with the rest of the party.

I'm thinking of throwing them all in Nordland, and have them deal with:

>Norscan raiders
>Remnants of the Storm of Chaos
>The Sons of Ulric and their quest for Artur's sword
>Nordland politic shenanigans

And I'm thinking the best way to treat their adventures is treat them somewhat episodic, with the Yellow Fangs being an overarching antagonist.

Artur's sword was shattered by Ghal Maraz, unless you mean find the shards and reforge it. Which could be pretty cool.

One adventure I planned on playing in Nordland has Theodoric Gausser attempting to take back the Wasteland and getting btfo.

Why did you have her be a Kislevite to begin with? Simple Barber Surgeon is good enough. Always wanted to play a Barber-Surgeon, desu, but it's never been in the rolls.

As for what to do -- grab a campaign book or two. They're always good.

I had all my players roll on some Liber Fanatica tables to flesh their characters out, and with what we rolled on for the barber-surgeon we figured that a prominent uncle of hers from Nuln joined the Conclaive of Light and was one of many regiments that faced off against Chaos. He was eventually recovered by the remaining forces of Kislev and is being nursed back to health amongst them. With much of their land sacked and forces dwindled, Kislev doesn't wish to remain in the dark with the remnants of the invading Warriors of Chaos, or the actions of the Elector-Counts in the north, so they promise the Barber-Surgeon her uncle's saftey, so long as she provides them with updates and follows their orders.

*Skitterleaps behind you*

I used the tables in the base WFRP 2e rulebook.

And then I tell people to make sure their backgrounds fit their professions and if anything even sniffs of "tragic backstory" I kick them in the nuts and say try again. As a result, my group ended up as:

Human Vagabond - Literal Homeless wanderer of the Imperial Heartland's roads.

Human Burgher - Ambitious and envious brother of the aforementioned Vagabond. Embarrassed by his black sheep bro.

Dwarf Watchman - City-Dwarf from Nuln. Grew tired of the shit pay and the racism and struck out for adventure.

Halfling Valet - Halfling who was left behind by his master's caravan. Joined the party for safety on the roads.

Human Squire - Squire of an old knight who died on the road. Buried his knight and is heading home. Joined the party for safety.

They ultimately got into some shenanigans involving the Cult of the Purple Hand and the Enemy Within campaign. In Bogenhafen, they recreated A Knights Tale to get the Squire into the lists.

In Warhammer, I like to lean into the system which puts emphasis on poor, shitty careers and tell the players to have poor backgrounds. They can win glory and find purpose during the adventure.

So, what's the deal with the gods that aren't chaos gods? Are they real? How powerful are they?

It depends. Other gods are definitely powerful, but especially in the earlier works it was hinted that all non-chaos gods derived their power from chaos gods.

Sigmar and the Dwarf gods derived their power from Solkan the Avenger, and several nature or pagan gods derived their power from Tzeentch, for example.

It gets muddled with the Elven gods though, because supposedly they were around before the Ruin and Law gods came out of the Warp. It gets even more muddled if you believe Asuryan was one of the Old Ones or a direct servant and that Khaine is Khorne's estranged brother.

Nothing's ever confirmed or made clear, but in old-oldhammer all gods except Elven got their abilities from the energy of chaos and law.

Gods in the Warhammer universe are Thought-Forms/Egrogores. They gain power through believe believing in them or living their core precepts.

I like how the Chaos Warrior and ogre are the most fair. Warrior even gave the Skaven a 5. What a guy.

how many heads are in the High Elf Dragon Princes box?

I want some dismounted dragon princes, so I was hoping to get some dragon blades and use extra heads on white lions or on top of pheonix guard

but I'm not sure how many extra heads you get in a dragon box

Looking for players for my game! Warhammer Fantasy 2e!

Depends who you ask, when, and even when you have an answer it contradicts data as presented.

I'd join if it wasn't on roll20. My laptop's a piece of shit and can't handle anything more demanding than IRC or Discord text games without shitting itself and crashing.

If it were on a different day, perhaps.

The day isn't set in stone. I just had to put a day down or it wouldn't let me list it.

Why don't you freehand more, /wfg/?

My hands aren't good enough.

*Unghazi uknhi Raki*

I want to, to give my Brets some unique heraldry, but I can't even manage a simple Orc checker-pattern without it being crooked. Then again, I suck at painting in general - I can't get a good sense of where different colors of paint should go, only the basecoats.

Here's the secret.

>favorite province is Wissenland
>excited to see their units in Total Warhammer, but for various reasons haven't - no wars against each other, Wissenland gets wiped out, etc
>finally fight a battle together against Karak Hirn
>expecting a red and black like their flag, but hoping for black armor with red and grey
>they look almost exactly like Reikland's troops, red and white
>have to put them side-by-side to see that the Riekland's red is slightly more maroon

I'm not mad, I'm just disappointed.

yeah, try making an AoR mod. I had to flip the colors of wissenland so that they would stand out next to the reikland troops

>Solkan the Avenger

He is a lie. The rest of your post is shitty hedacanon.

The guy who created fantasy Chaos has a seminar that explains the core concepts of Chaos. In it he clearly states that everything originated from Chaos and to Chaos they will return.

Then you have Gav Thorpe's work and commentary in interviews and 6th ED content which clearly states that all gods in the setting are aspects, masks, or portions of the Chaos Gods.

The some of the gods are real. Some of them are not (Like Solkan who is a lie), some are just masks that the Chaos Gods invented or were given to them by mortals, and some are individual gods born outta of the intersection of the spheres of the Chaos Gods.

Their power ranges a lot but in the end of the day, they are all weaker than the greater whole that spawned which is the Chaos Gods.

>He is a lie
No, everything Be'lakor says is a lie.
>The guy who created fantasy Chaos has a seminar that explains the core concepts of Chaos
The same guy who declared WFB and 40k dead?

Name a single thing that Be'lakor said that was a lie.

>Name a single thing that Be'lakor said that was a lie.
Solkan not being real.

Now cite something that says Be'lakor doesn't lie.

>Solkan not being real.

If Solkan was real, he would have saved the mortal that Be'lakor sent to the Realm of Chaos to search for him.

And we have transcripts of every encounter Be'lakor have had with mortals. Not in a single one did he lie. He told the truth and nothing but the truth because Be'lakor's philosophy is that something won by lies is worthless.

I freehand a lot, it's really easy if you just practice, I like to practice by painting red scorpion markings on tactical marines while I teach people how to paint

do you play elves? Do you know if the dragon princes box comes with extra heads?

>And we have transcripts of every encounter Be'lakor have had with mortals. Not in a single one did he lie. He told the truth and nothing but the truth because Be'lakor's philosophy is that something won by lies is worthless.
>Having literally EVERY conversation an immortal timeless being who existed across infinite timelines had

You're such a dipshit, you're not even worth arguing with.

Yes, and sorry but I have no idea. Never cared much for DPs. The few I have came from eBay.

Every encounter that was featured in the lore, you idiot.

While we're on the subject, do you think it's possible to change the uniforms of Bretonnian Men-at-Arms to duller greens and browns? The tricky part is that I'd like their hoods to keep their current colors, and I don't think those are a seperate texture or what have you.

you could add darker alpha layers to the textures on the body

alright thanks

anyone have ideas on how I can do dismounted vampire counts? Maybe just Phoenix Guard?

That's nice.

Now cite anything saying he "always tells the truth" and therefor cannot lie.

kickstarter.com/projects/1516875985/tms-vampire-covenant-army

You mean vampire Lords/Heroes on foot?

You're trying to make Blood Dragons?

We have a good sampling that shows that he doesn't lie at all when he wants something from a mortal. Be'lakor wanted that man's genuine despair. He wanted to earn it truthfully.

Besides he has no reason to lie to what was basically a dead man. If Solkan wasn't a lie, then Be'lakor would have been made foolish and Be'lakor cannot abide that.

>We have a good sampling that shows that he doesn't lie at all when he wants something from a mortal.
Funny, the same can be said of most characters.
>Be'lakor wanted that man's genuine despair. He wanted to earn it truthfully.
That's 40k lore.
>Besides he has no reason to lie to what was basically a dead man. If Solkan wasn't a lie, then Be'lakor would have been made foolish and Be'lakor cannot abide that.
Other than to taunt a dead man for lulz, and the dead lack sentience so he wouldn't end up a fool, just an edgemaster. Which he is.

To be fair, it's not as if it's as easy to find a god as stepping into the Warp and looking for him. Mortals aren't exactly designed for navigating that sort of thing. How are we supposed to know that Be'lakor wasn't able to hide Solkan in some manner, or prevent the mortal man from finding him?

yeah pretty much, I'm probably just going to go with pheonix guard and file down their coneheads

I think the nption that Solkan doesn't exist in a setting replete with gods is inherently silly.

>Bögenauer? Yeah, definitely a god.
>S-solkan? What the fuck's a Solkan?

In a setting with dozens of gods going around and being worshipped umder a dozen different names, the argument that one doesn't exist seems retarded.

Mind you, the argument that Belly-Boy was saying Solkan doesn't exist because that deities name is not Solkan seems exactly like something he would do.

>That's 40k lore.

Same being in both settings.

>Funny, the same can be said of most characters.

Not for daemons. Be'lakor in unique that he is earnest because he is an egomaniac. Daemons lie but in the case of Be'lakor his many lore encounters have him speaking truthfully.

>Other than to taunt a dead man for lulz,

The man's soul was sent to the Realm of Chaos to wander there with Be'lakor's words being his the last thing he heard in the mortal realm. Souls are sentient. Souls are linked to the gods they worship. Souls are known to wander the Aether and the mortal plane as wraiths and ghosts. Morr claims the souls of his worshipers. The Khemri god of the dead does the same. The Four offer their champions and followers a place by their side with Khorne specifically having a hall for his champions. So on and so forth.

If Solkan was in there, he would have picked up his followers soul and protected him like all the other gods do. This would make what Be'lakor said a lie and would render Be'lakor's taunt pointless.

>How are we supposed to know that Be'lakor wasn't able to hide Solkan in some manner, or prevent the mortal man from finding him?

How can a Daemon Prince hide a god? Be'lakor didn't seem to go anything other than murder the man and sent his soul away with some parting words savoring the horror of the man as he began his ascent/decent to the Realm of Chaos.

Does it have to be Games Workshop minis? Because Blood Dragons are the absolute easiest to get.

Honestly, depending on how many you need I'd just get the vampire knight from the Terrorgheist kit on eBay. Most people put it together as the Terrorgheist and sell the extra parts, so you can get him cheap.
Although I don't see him up now, he used to be like $4. I think AoS bankrupted the bits market.

>Same being in both settings
Same setting. Warhammer is just a planet in the 40k universe. When AoS happened, all of 40k went up too.

Nope, it's a multiverse. Currently the daemons left AoS and are attacking a different plane of existence (40K Rift War).

>Same being in both settings.
But different settings regardless. Unless it was in WFB source, its not canon.
>Not for daemons. Be'lakor in unique that he is earnest because he is an egomaniac. Daemons lie but in the case of Be'lakor his many lore encounters have him speaking truthfully.
Actually yes for Daemons. Its stated that Daemons like to use trickery to sell a different result than the actual truth even without lying.

>The man's soul was sent to the Realm of Chaos to wander there with Be'lakor's words being his the last thing he heard in the mortal realm. Souls are sentient. Souls are linked to the gods they worship.
No, souls are consumed and all the continuity for Vampire Counts in fact states that the soul doesn't bring along the memories other than some small remnant of physical motion. That's why skeletons are mindless undead, and non-king wights only recall how to fight.

Learn to Warhammer, not just your 40k Chaos wankery.

>How can a Daemon Prince hide a god? Be'lakor didn't seem to go anything other than murder the man and sent his soul away with some parting words savoring the horror of the man as he began his ascent/decent to the Realm of Chaos.

Chaos wankery.

Be'lecuck gets to do whatever it takes to make Gav's Chaos boner throb.

I'd love to join, either as a DM or player, but my saturdays are booked solid. Good luck, though!

>AoS killed 40k

This would please me, and I cite that as evidence that GW would never do it.

Nope. Same universe. Maybe different galaxies, but same universe. Oldest lore has the Warhammer world as a planet in Slann controlled space.

>CHAOSCHAOSENDTIMESBELEKEK

Reminder not to respond to Carnac, and that Total War: Warhammer and WFRP 4e as well as your FLGS canon are the only continuities that matter.

GW minis are best, but I haven't seen many dismounted vampire knights from other companies either

and the vamp lord from terrorgeist might work, but I don't think I'd want a unit of him, and I'd have to repose him to stand

Older Warhammer lore also says Solken exists, so what's your fucking point dipshit?

Maybe its that Priestley was right, and literally the only continuity that matters is the continuity that people want to use while people who rigidly adhere exclusively to the continuity of a company that says outright their business model is just models is an uninspired imaginationless hack.

>old lore is still relevant

GW proves time and time again that they will rewrite and throw out any old lore to fit with the current story line.

with what we have now there's no chance AoS/WHFB is in the same universe as 40k

You can't have a unit of vampires on foot in general.

Unless you're talking about proxies.

As for proxy Blood Dragons...the entire fucking internet. But I'd recommend starting with Reaper.

reapermini.com/FigureFinder#search/Vampire Melee

>Brotherhood of Amar
>Believe that Taal is the weak son of Rhya, rather than her husband and the ruler of the wilds

What's something interesting that could be done with this heretical sect?

>the only continuity that matters is the continuity that people want to use

Truth.

>Older Warhammer lore also says Solken exists, so what's your fucking point dipshit?

Oldest lore and newest lore both corroborate the notion that Solkan is a worshipped god in Warhammer. Whether there is a real god behind it is moot - Solkan still gets worshipped.

>

Looks like the actual original Blood Dragon minis are about $8 on eBay.

Just punch in "Blood Dragon Warhammer" and sort lowest price to highest.

There's also this.
the-ninth-age.com/lexicon/index.php?entry/2223-miniatures-vampiric-knights/

the-ninth-age.com/lexicon/index.php?entry/2170-miniatures-midnight-aristocracy/

>But different settings regardless. Unless it was in WFB source, its not canon.

Nope, GW always said that they are same being no matter what reality they walk. Same personality and all.

>Its stated that Daemons like to use trickery to sell a different result than the actual truth even without lying.

Truth can be used as well. In the case of Be'lakor he used it a lot. In this case he didn't have a reason to lie. The man could just find his god and prove him wrong.

>No, souls are consumed and all the continuity for Vampire Counts in fact states that the soul doesn't bring along the memories other than some small remnant of physical motion.

No, they are not. Morr and other gods of the dead preserve the souls of their followers. So do the gods of Chaos.

In fact, when Sigmar quasi-died his soul entered the Grey Vaults which is a transitory area for souls before their final departure to their many afterlives. In the vaults he found his dead father and someone else. The Chaos Gods sent forth the dead Norse King, that killed by and was killed Sigmar father. to claim Sigmar's soul. Both father and son fought against the Norse King and banished his soul to his fell gods. Before Sigmar's soul returned to the mortal plane, he said farewell to his father as he went to his rest.

>Be'lecuck gets to do whatever it takes to make Gav's Chaos boner throb.

Like upholding the setting's greatness by adding nice layer of grimdark? Your benevolent gods are a lie.

>here's no chance AoS/WHFB is in the same universe as 40

How do you figure?

Its not really moot considering old lore states that he exists, as does the lore that literally shows Arianka existing.

Just bought a big ol bunch of Maurader Skaven as I'm getting back into Warhammer, and am now soaking em in batch of acetone. Should be good to strip by tomorrow.

Moot to most modern lore. The only instance where it would matter is with WFRP - in which case it's the GMs choice. In every other case - moot. They are barely mentioned except in old lore and the setting got blown up.

At this stage it literally does not matter if they were real gods or just made up ones, with the stories of them being the stories told by their worshippers. Or even real gods under different names.

>Nope, GW always said that they are same being no matter what reality they walk. Same personality and all.
Literally doesn't matter, AoS retconned that by simply existing.

Furthermore that's old lore, same as back when Solkan existed.

Beyond that, its always been bullshit because otherwise you'd have actual magic in 40k when psyker rules work entirely different.

>Truth can be used as well. In the case of Be'lakor he used it a lot. In this case he didn't have a reason to lie. The man could just find his god and prove him wrong.
But also could hae been lying, because he has no reason to tell the truth because souls are invariably consumed by Daemons and the Chaos Gods. Because Chaos Wank.

>No, they are not. Morr and other gods of the dead preserve the souls of their followers. So do the gods of Chaos.
Morr don't preserve shit, in End Times Morr didn't even exist.

>Like upholding the setting's greatness by adding nice layer of grimdark? Your benevolent gods are a lie.
And you're a fucking faggot spending your time arguing with people on the internet about bullshit that the creator said was bullshit.
AoS happened. Phantasmagoric dimensions of almost infinite size ever-changing. Shit, the AoS realms aren't even all in the same dimension.

Not to mention Archaon would become the leader of all 40k Chaos, since in AoS lore he's the supreme master of everything that isn't the Chaos Gods unless its in active rebellion against him.