So anyone ever run Gundams in Mekton Zeta?

So anyone ever run Gundams in Mekton Zeta?
I am running a one shot in a month and I thought here would be a good place to discuss Mech stating.

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1WiDr_MxlLkvPyMW8hjQMtbP0Rh12lQcSLnG2BRGhaPE/edit#gid=2081447678
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1jQ0bgwajXP57L-kh9H1grvQPxkzCkxe1DcL3DL8VUuQ/edit#gid=2081447678
pastebin.com/nTGN5si8
discord.gg/9xNEnT
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I'm in a Mekton discord group that's primarily all about statting, if you'd like to join. We've got over ten anons in here.

Is that the one on 1d4chan?

Should be I believe, since it was recently updated to add it.

fun fact

Japan actually got a gundam tabletop game that uses the mekton system

THE BAD NEWS: AN ENGLISH TRANSLATION IS CURRENTLY IN DEVELOPMENT HELL

Yes, it is. Surprised you know about it already since I barely put it up a few weeks ago. Didn't know 1d4chan Mekton page gets that much traffic.

As for Gundam, I never played a campaign based on it, but I have had a player stat some Gundams for fun.

RX-78-2: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1WiDr_MxlLkvPyMW8hjQMtbP0Rh12lQcSLnG2BRGhaPE/edit#gid=2081447678

GF13-017NJ Shining Gundam: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1jQ0bgwajXP57L-kh9H1grvQPxkzCkxe1DcL3DL8VUuQ/edit#gid=2081447678

Ah yes, Gundam Senki. Rip in pieces. The best you can take away from it is to use 2d6 over 1d10 for Mekton, but here's a summary of rule changes and additions that some user managed to put together: pastebin.com/nTGN5si8

I made a stock GM where can I host a .RTF real quick?

Can user please post a link to the discord? Big Cyberpunk 2020 fan who wants to get into Mekton.

:^)

discord.gg/9xNEnT

Bumperino

A few times, and it works really well. Some people will insist that the game is clunky, but that's not really the case.

Okay Anons, what revisions would you personally make to the system to make it more functional in a OYW/UC type setting, or in general?

After perusing Gundam Senki I saw that it adopted 2d6 instead of 1d10, which is a welcome change that makes for a more reliable curve, but I'm interested in what other ideas you might have.

Back when my group played it we essentially treated MA like the 40k RPGs treat movement, to make it feel more like giant infantry combat instead of walking tank combat.

Our last campaign also featured a Peace Walker/Phantom Pain-like troop management system, where players could petition for more recruits and roll for their overall grades. Higher R/D grades made it faster and easier to build, repair, and upgrade Mobile Suits, ect.

Played a sadly short-live campaign last year. Game is clunky, but in the best sort of way (at least if that's what you're looking for). The GM's homebrew setting was great and it worked really well with the system, but sadly some of the group members just couldn't handle something more complex than D&D 3.5 (not that they handle that well either).

Throw it out. Not even gonna lie, I'd rather use a homebrewed FFG Star Wars/Genesys when it hits over Mekton.

How did that work?

I've done varying degrees of prepwork in other systems for a gundam game. I don't know mekton never grabbed me.

We (I) NEED the mechanics for that.

Adding onto what this user here said to prelude the next bit.

I've been tinkering with a Build Fighters system ever since I did some looking around and found most instances of Mekton people treat it as a flawed gem. The main thing I took away from it was it overly clunky and heavy in some places and super light in others and typically in instances where you want those weights swapped.

Aside from those complaints it's getting pretty aged and the Zero model doesn't seem to be moving at any speed.

I think if you're gonna do this work as a personal for your group thing go all in trying to convey your tone through it or at least that's how I'd do it. It depends what you're shooting for in end but I found if you're gonna do the work you might as well be selfish and get the most out of it. Mekton will either suit you right off or you'll be rigging it a lot is what I heard.

Bump.

It was a hyper simplified system.

Start by rolling a d5 for the initial grade of each department: Intel, Medical, R/D, Mess Hall, and Combat. The d5 corresponds to the letter grade for each (1 = E, 2 = D, 3 = C, 4 = B, 5 = A). I gave them five members of each team at the letter grade that they rolled. You could level it up by recruiting staff members between missions - talking to your C/O and requesting troops, or petitioning other military agencies for assistance, or hiring civilians. This was done by just having players make social skill checks and granting them a few crewman whose letter grades were the difference between an appropriate DC and the player's result.

Additionally, I had my mook pilots eject whenever they lost enough limbs that their Mektons were no longer useful. Some of them just got melted by the players, but the interesting ones that we made some kind of hokey narrative for generally wound up getting captured and after some time in a cell were thrown in the Combat team. The same could be done for boss pilots. To this end I gave my players a single epoxy gun so that they could disable Mektons so that they could be captured. My players captured one boss and several mook suits this way.

>tfw burn through the original Mobile Suit series
>tfw burning desire to play a Mech TTRPG
>tfw everyone else in my group just aren't that interested in mech related things

I just wanna play with some fightan robits...

Thank you kind user for doing the lords work.

Well, didn't know a pastebin was even made, thanks.

So mecha-related: anyone try out Battle Century G/Z and Chris Perrin's MECHA?

I actually have BC:G but I haven't looked at it all, I was given it by a friend for pulling apart. I haven't heard of MECHA, what's it like?

The R/D system essentially worked this way:

The party started with some arbitrary amount of CP to build their Mektons with. The CP is 1:1 with the cost to build the Mekton itself. After each mission they would receive some slightly less arbitrary amount based on their success in the last mission.

The players initially had access to one GM each and a single Zaku-II. Their R/D department had the schematics for each, and could construct them for their CP cost (The Zaku-II was something like 15 CP cheaper than the GM, with the GM featuring slightly more armor and a higher MA). They could construct Mektons between missions and repair their own Mektons for a CP cost equal to the Kills in damage each servo sustained.

Captured Mektons that the R/D department didn't have the schematics for had a slightly different set of mechanics. The CP cost to repair them was double the standard amount to repair. The R/D team could reverse engineer the machine and gain the schematics for it, but would destroy the machine in the process.

Between missions the players could petition R/D for a Mekton with certain features, or for certain weapons, which they could then start drafting schematics for. I would go ahead and stat them out and they would be available after the next mission.

Seems to be a rules light kind of game, but I haven't touched it since my group is stuck with Mekton Zeta right now.

That suit is boner tier

Fuck yeah it is. Custom Nu Gundams are the best.

Unicorn colors look like utter shit on everything but the Unicorn.

And the Unicorn looks like shit.

So how are your campaigns going?

I want to blame Lisa Pondsmith - but I won't.