Read the Siacoin whitepaper, missed another great coin

How do you guys find these gems before they go hyperbolic?

And on the topic of Siacoin I have two questions:

1. Realistically speaking what is the grow potential for this coin in 2018? x2? x3?

2. Has anyone actually used the Sia ecosystem to store data? Is it safe? Any concerns? I have like 1 TB of data that I have been scrambling my head to store securely but also in a decentralized fashion and this seems like the perfect solution for me. Anything I should be concerned when storing data on the Sia network?

Other urls found in this thread:

tokeneconomy.co/the-analysis-filecoin-doesnt-want-you-to-read-e60d5243f17c
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Trying to solve a problem that isnt there
Whats wrong with centralized data storage? Why does it need to be decentralized?

its a gamble. sold 50k raiblocks at 90c - bought in at 15c. fml

Perhaps someone with more expertise can chime in and debunk but my main concern about centralized storage is that with centralized storage, someone can be subpoenaed or legally made to handover my data if someone important enough demands it. This isn't only a concern for people doing illegal shit. It could a divorce battle, civil suit, and so on. On the other hand, decentralized storage is reliable because realistically speaking, no one knows who is holding what data in the network. There is no one to subpoena to be handed, and realistically speaking my data will always exist in this decentralized environment.

Likewise, for very important data that needs to survive a company going under or a hacker attack (say a will, bank account information, corporate structure schemes, crypto keys, and so on) a decentralized environment is superior.

> why do we need privacy.
lol tard.

If the seevice gets picked up by major companies or the whole tech gets bought out by a larger cloud service this thing could go astronomical quick.

Remember the fappening?

I'm all in sia coin. Hold 37k tokens. But I feel like I'm missing my salt moon and it feels bad. During this next few hours salt is dipping to sub 12 and I'm all in

Why is sia better than storj and maidsafe?
Maidsafe seems to have the most partnerships.

Don't feel bad.

SIA is a worthless shitcoin with no actual business.

It was 700 SATs this summer and bled down to like 20. It literally has no floor, an unlimited supply and a team of retarded gamers behind it.

blow up some buildings an a whole maket is in ashes. This can only happen by centralization.

Listen to this user if you like being poor.
Sia is gonna blow up just like verge did.

it was 0.01 at that point, at 700 sats
it's 0.03 now at around 230 sats

do you not understand how this market works?

>siacoin
Hello newfriend! Please peruse our archives from April and May if you'd like to learn more! Cheers!

ty retarted mr robot fan

ALL companies store their data on more than one physical sites. None of them would store it outside their control. None of them would share their data on some neet's computer and then just wait for the hashing algorithm to be cracked someday. Clearly all of the coins which are about decentralized storage are scams.
I am a Database Engineer btw.

i know how this stuff works, this was just for easy understanding.

I am President of Nigeria btw.
Kidding, IT Systems Engineer

Cost
Security
Ease of use
Reduced energy cost
Literally everything
This tech is the future of cloud storage which is kind of gaining traction as a useful service for everyone in the world lately, maybe you noticed?
Every smart phone comes standard with a cloud service that you pay for. If cell phone companies could save a penny per user with this service they would jump on it. Sia network could potentially save them hundreds per customer.
Do the math and more research.

dont forget censorship.
it is much harder for some fucked up dictator to block services when decentralized

I'm also all in with about 48k. One of the few coins I've been able to buy and hold without worry. Kind of bummed I missed the pre-pump mcafee anticipation when it went up to 270 this morning, but I think it could easily go 400 or 500 sats by next week

Knowing the nature of cryptocurrency's volatility, after my first few months, it became apparently obvious that buying 100k sc and forgetting about it would be one of the cheapest gambles ever. Coin was super cheap in usd, have held it for 8 months. Every cent it goes up is 1k to me. Also storage and shit

For the same reason anything needs to be decentralized you stupid fuck.

1- Privacy : NSA cant reach your file, you dont need to trust your cloud storage server provider etc.
2- Security : cloud services are difficult to keep secure.

As far as i know, Sia is one of oldest team who has been working on distributed storage system. They have integrated their system to few existing platform already. They are still working very actively.

How could you of missed sia?

It’s an old as fuck coin and pump and dumps constantly throughout the year.. there will 100% be better opportunities for you but in than this current price. Just wait till btc starts moving again, wether it’s up or down.. one things for sure alts will get fucking wrecked

>Why does it need to be decentralized?
BECAUSE FUCK JEWS!

If you missed Siacoin just buy Bytecoin

Tell me more

Siacoin will be displaced by filecoin

lol no

tokeneconomy.co/the-analysis-filecoin-doesnt-want-you-to-read-e60d5243f17c

>NSA cant reach your file, you dont need to trust your cloud storage server provider etc.
isnt the blockchain like public

yes but it's split up. So if you were able to access the blockchain on one person's server, it would be incomprehensible and basically a corrupted file. Only if you have the key are you able to access your data as it is stored on multiple computers/servers in a decentralized manner.

So unless you're a retard and kept your key on a file on your computer (as opposed to on paper) the NSA or anyone would not be able to access it even if they hacked your pc

Here's a gem: Hawala. Extremely low market cap and it's currently skyrocketing.

also OP you didn't miss it. The ATH was a long time ago, it's not a peak SIA yet. It could easily go back to that value once enough people realize how amazing this project is.

operation Siacoin is a go!!

is it happening?

yes. it is going to be epic.

>Why does it need to be decentralized?

Sia is godcoin. Veeky Forums has refused to pay attention to it since summer. YOU LOSE Veeky Forums

that bodes well. Always do the opposite of what biz says

it is still affordable at these prices!!

Here is another good coin, ECA it's a privacy coin and the site is doing a rebranding to be released this month. They might be put on an exchange as well ;) You can get 200,000+ for 100 bucks

I'll keep an eye out, I'm sure bittrex will be gay and not list it though

Almost every shitcoin is skyrocketing. You need to be willing to take risks.

>he thinks the NSA doesn't have backdoors in paper

I'm all in with this one because I believe in it. My only regret is I don't have more to invest in other shitcoins. I'm afraid to sell my LTC

Kill yourself, Kike.