Jumpchain CYOA Thread #1645: Raison D'etre Edition

>Google Drive
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/Hpfxb
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Quick question since I'm working on the JLU jump. Is anyone still interested in making a Static Shock jump or should I just integrate elements from that into JLU?

If you do, please make sure we get Bang Babies gas please?

>a Static Shock jump
I really want to see one but don't think I would do it myself. Not without re watching the series which probably won't happen anytime soon.

Man. That'd sound so strange if I didn't know what a Bang Baby is.

Also seconding that request if you go through with adding Static Shock material.

The Quantum Vapor is already an item.

Discord
discord.gg/Hpfxb

Pic Related

Even if no one is, I'd say leave the setting open.

Is this supposed to be a massive jump or something? Because there's already plenty of material between JL and JLU, and Static Shock easily has enough for its own jump. To say nothing that the most they have to do with each other (besides taking part in the same world) are a few cameos.

At most, a bare minimum of Static Shock representation. To leave that guy's canon open for other people, yknow?

>At most, a bare minimum of Static Shock representation.
This is how it is in the jump right now. So far the only Static Shock related options I have are the quantum vapor and a location roll for Dakota, where the show took place. I may also add superpower options inspired by some of the shows characters, but only generic stuff like element manipulation.

I just really like the show, and it's in the DCAU, so I wanted to make sure it was included just in case no one wanted to make a jump for it.

Alright, i got too much shit on my plate right now with Blizzard's nonsense, so don't take this as a jump claim YET, but

Would the people here be interested in a Castlevania: Lords of Shadow jump, given that the current Castlevania doesn't cover it (or Judgment for that matter, but the less I give my opinion on that dreck the better)?

Just barely been rediscovering this game and all that it really could have been. Prime example of wasted potential.

I got a little bit of positive feedback on this before the last thread closed, but just to make sure does this change to the Rose perk satisfy most people's issue with the perk in that regard?

If so, I want to ask about one other suggestion last thread that I make it so that you can share your power with other people so they can have their own roses. I can try to make this change, but what do people think? Would it improve the perk or make it too OP?

I'd love to play Castlevania: Lords of Shadows of the Colossi!

I always found it funny how the deer in the gif always flew away in parts.

I have decided that I don't like having adventures, I like being adventure-adjacent.

What are some good perks for being a side-character? Someone who can tag along with the protagonist and help intermittently?

Some parts are closer to the explosion and it's being ripped apart by the blast wave. What kinds of attack do your Jumpers have. My extreme is pic related right now.

Please don't embellish.

I'm just a passing-through Kamen Rider. No more, no less.

Yeah, that sounds fun.

Isn't this the one where a Belmont becomes Dracula and the entire conflict becomes an inter-generational feud?

Could be pretty fun, I did enjoy at least parts of the games

Lords of Shadows 2 pissed me off. While in the Castle itself the game was loads of fun but they kept dragging back to the 'modern world' and I just couldn't stand it.

The 3ds game was pretty fun too, but good gods the writing. Oddly charming somehow.

Uhh... no no you're not. You can't be. Decade Jumper is HeavensAnon.

So do you grant wishes Jumpers, if so how do you go about it?

Well uh shit.

Then I'll just be Heavens' evil recolor!

Yeah, but that's always been the case. Dracula is the ancestor of the Belmont clan, that's nothing new. All they changed is that instead of Adrian Tepes, Dracula's son who would later call himself "Alucard" being the father of Sonia Belmont's child, Dracula himself was named Belmont.

Damn... Dark Decade is freaking snazzy looking!

Up until Victor in LoS2 dies, leaving only Gabriel/Dracula and Trevor/Alucard as the only surviving Belmonts after another invasion by Lucifer.

>Castlevania: Lords of Shadows of the Colossi!

God but it was, and those segments were actually kinda good except for Gabriel sometimes not following directions. My same damn problem with Assassin's Creed, they STILL make the main character jump off in random directions for no damn reason.

So a little bit of interest, that's good.

>While in the Castle itself the game was loads of fun but they kept dragging back to the 'modern world' and I just couldn't stand it.
>modern world
>tfw Julius' story never.

I like you Soma, but MUH HEART OF FIRE.

Senpai, can I show you something in the corner over here?

The color scheme and the playing up of the X symbol on the costume makes me think of Kamen Rider Kaixa

Sort of. Gabriel Belmont doesn't become Dracula until the end (well, technically the DLC, but that was supposed to be in the game in the first place), and even then he's only the Big Bad in the Mirror of Fate (set between the first and second game). Lords of Shadow 2 has him as the main character again, even as Dracula, and by then he's just burned out, still hating humanity and believing that evil will triumph in the end, but not willing to actually go out of his way to exterminate them anymore. Then Alucard convinces him to engage in a crazy plan that will kill Satan and Zobek/Death if it succeeds, allowing him to have his vengeance at long last.

Too bad he only appears in a video game.

Sure, my cute kouhai! What do you need?

To be fair, their conflict with Dracula was a thing even when he was just their ancestor's friend turned evil, rather then someone actually related to them.

I prefer fishes.

Yep which is awesome, though still no match for Lord Baron!

Agreed. I'd have loved a Mirror Arc for Decade instead of what happened in some places...

>Dracula is the ancestor of the Belmont clan, that's nothing new.

Lament of Innocence and the fact that Sonia x Alucard only occurs in one ending both disagree with you heartily. In fact, besides the Sonia continuity and now Lords of Shadow there's never been an exact blood-tie.

>choose yandere dev for narrator in dragons crown
yes I must do this.

>In fact, besides the Sonia continuity and now Lords of Shadow there's never been an exact blood-tie.

Not to mention, the only other game where Sonia was going to be mentioned got canceled.

What are your favorite names for waifus? I'm terrible at picking names for people so I need your help.

I did in my first chain, but I was a bit of a dick about it. FirstJumper!Me had a ritual to blow off steam. He went out once a decade, turned off pretty much all of his powers, then would get black out drunk before picking a fight with the largest bastard in the dive.

In the aftermath, people tended to ask all kinds of questions. So FirstJumper would tell them wild stories about Jumping the multiverse. Because, fuck it, he was black out drunk and had just won a fight, so why not? Anyways, he would make wild claims about being able to grant powers and magic swords and even just twist destiny over his knee. And people would ask him for stuff. Like to be younger, or have a life of adventure, or whatever.

FirstJumper would usually give the people what they wanted if it was simple enough. A magic ring here, a powerful sword there, a tome of magic spells they couldn't read for that guy. Whatever. One guy asked to be a Jumper, which the Benefactor thought was infinitely amusing so they just did it. Right there in the bar. The guy came back 0.01 seconds later sporting four Pokemon, conduit powers, and a Mega Man cybernetic arm. He laughed insanely for ten minutes then dove out a window.

FirstJumper was kind of a dick, but he did grant wishes.

>Sure, my cute kouhai! What do you need?

Meet my friend Nanoha, she loves making friends.

Oh what a coincidence!

Meet my friend Gentaro! He also loves making friends!

I use name generators for the most part.

I just want to know if you've had a chance to finally commission more bloody art like you keep saying you would.

Delores is the best waifu name

LEGENDS IS NOT CANON REEEEEEEE

Why would you have somebody else pick a name for somebody that's supposed to be your waifu?

user, you might want to rethink that statement.

The Castlevania Netflix series is fantastic and I want to jump the shit out of it.

Sort of. It's more like solving people's problems at request, assuming I like them. I'd prefer genie style wish granting abilities, though.

I usually prefer Canon characters, but Lina was one of my favorite OCs to write about.

If I have to come up with OC names, usually I decide on a nationality, then look up the list of family names for that nationality on Wikipedia. I pick one that I like the sound of, then grab one of the real, but dead, people listed there. Wikipedia usually have a good half dozen choices for any family name on the list, so it's a good way to get natural sounding names.

If I'm shooting for more of a fantasy approach, I'll snip out a few letters or vowels and cram the remaining letters together. Scifi stuff is usually harder, because it's not always easy to speculate on the naming tends of the future.

Meet my other friend Senpai.

OH SWEET CHRIST MY EYES.

>Those two in the same room.
>Sounds of high impact violence happening as Fate and Misaki watches with a slight blushs.
>"S-should we be watching this?"
>"Do you want to stop?"

The first. Three minutes. of Episode 4.

Were fucking beautiful.

Also, definitely a fan of this snarkier Trevor.

I mean I didn't commission it, a friend did, but does this one work?

Nora is always a good name. Also, it's hard to go wrong with Royal names. Elizabeth, Mary, Gerorg, ect.

I use a name generator and then usually alter the result in some minor way to get a name I think sounds better. So far I've only got the one OC, though, named Navah.

>Gerorg

When did the royals have a fucking demon in their bloodline?

Personally I'm not interested in Castlevania. But more vampire jumps are always nice.

Depends on how powerful I am at the time, but usually I just give people some form of magic or technology that they can use to go on adventures, become heroes, change their appearance, find love, etc. I also always make it a rule that I can't bring back the dead.

Why not use a common symbolic name like Hope or Mercy? Or something that describes their appearance or personality?

Goddamn did those tits get even bigger?!

What was the point of that?

Gentaro is his type obviously.

That's where they store the blood.

Ah yes, The Cleavage Effect. She's normally constrained in a jacket, if you think about the uniform. The puppies are spilling out in that dress, as it were.

Nice skirt.

I was going to make a snarky joke, but my knowledge of Bong history fails me. So, oops?

I could have sworn it was that arm Seras is holding you had that got lost.

Why? I only have OC waifus.

Those fucking legs though.

Shhhhh, it's beautiful. Just take it in and enjoy the miracle.

I mean if you think about how he's facing, that's the right arm, and he's said he lost the left arm.

... I think so.

I could be entirely mistaken.

So, how many types of vampire are you all at once?

Thick legs exist get over it

I might be misremembering since I am going off of a pic of him from back then, doesn't help my memory sucks.

LEG DAY, BITCHES.

DO NOT SKIP IT.

Now I know why you wear the kilt.
You gotta show off them gams, don't you? Don't lie, you're just trying to flaunt them, huh?

He got it, that's the canon arm.

I know, I was admiring them. I mean goddamn. They're like tree trunks.

I'm totally not gay, I swear

Eh, too bad for him.

Gentaro's type is living space goo.

Has BlackRock Shooter been claimed?

None right now, but I'm planning a side chain with a vampire jumper and I know Castlevania vampires are fairly powerful.

nope

Not to my knowledge, no. Also, which version?

Are... are you blushing even more than Seras?

That's fucking adorable.

YES!

That's a good point but either the anime or manga with a little of the game thrown in just to pad it out.

Whatever happened to your Hellsing writefagging? It just disappeared one day.

>The game

Is that a good or bad reaction?

Camp Camp
> Origin: The Founder
> Respect For The Personnel [-100CP]
> Campe Diem! [Get a Freebie!]
> Ask No Questions [Get a Freebie!]
> Fine Print [-100CP]
> The Best Course of Action [-100CP]
> Beyond Hope [-200CP]
> For The Eyes of I.R.S. [-200CP]
> Camp Camp [-300CP]
> Money [Get a Freebie!]
> Safe [Get a Freebie!]
> Summer House [-100CP]
> Library [-200CP]
> Everything Is Real [+300CP]

It bothers me that there's nothing to roll for in this jump. I'm not sure why.
I think an age roll at least would be appropriate, given the disparate ages between campers.

Anyway! I'm interim vice headmaster here at Camp Campbell! My job doesn't involve dealing with kids or activities, and all I have to is keep the legal responsibility for the summer camp in the green!
How hard can it be?

> "OH GOD, WHAT IS ALL THIS? I HAVE TO BURN THESE PAPERS! BURN THEM! WHY IS DAVID CHAINED TO THE TABLE?!"
> "When the blood moon rises, we're going to sacrifice him to the owl god!"
> "I WAS NEVER HERE"
> "But you clearly are."
> "NEVER. HERE."
> "... did the doors just close after her by themselves?"

Besides burning evidence, emergency repairs, burning evidence, bone setting, and burning evidence, I had to keep the campers from dying to supernatural horrors, which I took a more active role in. Imagine Gravity Falls, but with more blood and swearing. Most of my time at camp was spent screaming in some capacity.

I suplexed a Bigfoot!

I mean this in a nice way btw.

Cool. Already speculating on the origins.
and maybe races?

Looking at it again... Are you and pic-related perhaps relatives?

Looks like she could be their daughter.
I'mma stop now, before this gets too weird

I'm just taking suggestions for possible names. I already have a list of names I like but too many of them start with As or Ls so I need some variety.

Though in hindsight using a name generator is such an obvious choice that I feel like an idiot especially since I was using popular baby name lists earlier.

I blame time travel.

What? You don't want to link all the Jump Makers together into an insane family tree? Come on, it'll be fun!

I'd be the one that only gets called every other birthday and for Christmas most years, probably.

Only if you brought things. Otherwise you'd be 'accidentally' forgotten in the invitations.

I like the sound of "Uncle Crux".
Oh that crazy uncle crux, dressing up as a woman to mess with people and using magic to look like Nicholas cage.